Author Topic: Classic 80s Adverts  (Read 13453 times)

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Re: Classic 80's Adverts
« Reply #40 on: September 6, 2019, 11:45:09 pm »
Kia Ora
R Whites

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 7, 2019, 03:00:48 pm »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 7, 2019, 09:48:31 pm »
R whites is the 70's
Fuckin hell it was indeed. Shit I'm old :(

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Classic 80s Adverts
« Reply #43 on: September 8, 2019, 03:31:58 pm »
Fuckin hell it was indeed. Shit I'm old :(

Me too :(

I thought it was the 80's too at first, but thought I'd check and it was 1973
Jurgen YNWA

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #44 on: September 8, 2019, 04:20:10 pm »
Me too :(

I thought it was the 80's too at first, but thought I'd check and it was 1973
I must remember the 1990s remake then.  I wasn't born in the 70s.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 8, 2019, 04:30:33 pm »
This was an iconic ad campaign in America in 1984. Clara Peller became famous for her phrase. ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VnCajZth-24" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VnCajZth-24</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/idnwh6iDnXA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/idnwh6iDnXA</a>

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 8, 2019, 04:50:44 pm »
I must remember the 1990s remake then.  I wasn't born in the 70s.

You won't remember the original Mash get Smash ads either then
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #47 on: September 9, 2019, 08:22:26 am »
Didn`t Elvis Costello write the jingle for the R Whites advert and it was his dad in it or something like that anyway ?

Oh, and I remember it and it was the 70's. I think the smash advert crossed over between both decades
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 9, 2019, 12:29:39 pm »
Didn`t Elvis Costello write the jingle for the R Whites advert and it was his dad in it or something like that anyway ?

Oh, and I remember it and it was the 70's. I think the smash advert crossed over between both decades

His Dad wrote and sang the jingle and Elvis Costello did the backing vocals

Smash was about 1975 and ran into the 80's, I remember the original 1975 advert :(
Jurgen YNWA

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 9, 2019, 12:49:07 pm »
Ross Kemp was in one of the R Whites adverts.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 1, 2019, 07:40:22 pm »

I can never hear that song now and not sing those words ;D

Oh-Oh
Me ears are alight

Me neither :)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 1, 2019, 07:43:29 pm »
Ross Kemp was in one of the R Whites adverts.

He was in the fruit and fibre adverts.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DMG9OVmUpm4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DMG9OVmUpm4</a>

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #52 on: October 3, 2019, 12:42:59 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZKZWQJqz14A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZKZWQJqz14A</a>
[/quote]

This bloke round our way used to walk like Mr Soft - he seemed a real twat, early 30's with mullet and oxblood leather jacket. Us, being a gang of early-teen scrotey shitheads, would sing that song to him and shout 'Watch that lamppost, Mr Soft', then leg it.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #53 on: October 4, 2019, 12:44:59 am »
This bloke round our way used to walk like Mr Soft - he seemed a real twat, early 30's with mullet and oxblood leather jacket. Us, being a gang of early-teen scrotey shitheads, would sing that song to him and shout 'Watch that lamppost, Mr Soft', then leg it.
:lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2019, 04:49:14 pm »
After Crosby Nick jogging my memory in the 'Happy' thread.  remember this Gas-leak cracker?

"NO!!!!!!!!!!"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y9NzaHQKWwA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y9NzaHQKWwA</a>

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2019, 07:18:51 pm »
What a mistaka to make-a
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2019, 08:50:21 pm »
What a mistaka to make-a
Gasman was telling me the other day that as well as not turning light switches on, you also shouldn't turn them off. That was new to me. Interesting to see the ad says don't use switches at all.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 6, 2023, 11:39:22 am »
Does anyone remember the Insignia ad that used "It's all over now" by the Rolling Stones?  Just popped into my head while doing my morning smellie ritual.  Sadly, I still remember the lyrics

Insignia's got everything
Shampoo and Shower Gel
Deoderant and aftershave, for one all-over smell
And it new Insignia
and it's all over now.

I remember as a spotty 17-year-old getting the full Insignia set.  I can still smell it now.  The smell of an 80's teenager needed a government health warning :)

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58 on: August 6, 2023, 11:42:08 am »
Does anyone remember the Insignia ad that used "It's all over now" by the Rolling Stones?  Just popped into my head while doing my morning smellie ritual.  Sadly, I still remember the lyrics

Insignia's got everything
Shampoo and Shower Gel
Deoderant and aftershave, for one all-over smell
And it new Insignia
and it's all over now.

I remember as a spotty 17-year-old getting the full Insignia set.  I can still smell it now.  The smell of an 80's teenager needed a government health warning :)

Wasn't the last line create a buzz not a hum?

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 6, 2023, 11:49:33 am »
Wasn't the last line create a buzz not a hum?

That may have been another one mate.  The one I'm on about has our freshly doused Insignia yuppie strutting across an office. Lots of luverly gurls let their flowing hair hang loose, in awe of this magnificent beautiful smelling specimen (this was the 80's remember, god bless them)

Finished with

"Insignia - The new all-over body programme"

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 6, 2023, 11:56:54 am »
That may have been another one mate.  The one I'm on about has our freshly doused Insignia yuppie strutting across an office. Lots of luverly gurls let their flowing hair hang loose, in awe of this magnificent beautiful smelling specimen (this was the 80's remember, god bless them)

Finished with

"Insignia - The new all-over body programme"

Yeah sorry mate different one
This is yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHwUrNZUSus

The bloke looks like he could be in American Psycho
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 6, 2023, 12:11:17 pm »
Yeah sorry mate different one
This is yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHwUrNZUSus

The bloke looks like he could be in American Psycho

:)

Mick and Keiths crowning moment

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 6, 2023, 12:18:02 pm »
:)

Mick and Keiths crowning moment

Absolutely  ;D

Until you bumped this thread I didnt know about the Costello /R Whites connection.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 6, 2023, 12:22:37 pm »
Absolutely  ;D

Until you bumped this thread I didnt know about the Costello /R Whites connection.

haha. I often go to the kitchen just before bed and have a little nibble of ham, cheese, or whatever is knocking about.

When I hop into bed, my missus always says, "Have you been on the R Whites lemonade again?"  :)

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 6, 2023, 12:25:09 pm »
haha. I often go to the kitchen just before bed and have a little nibble of ham, cheese, or whatever is knocking about.

When I hop into bed, my missus always says, "Have you been on the R Whites lemonade again?"  :)

Do you just take a bite out of a block of cheese or do you go all middle class and slice some off with a knife?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 6, 2023, 12:31:19 pm »
Do you just take a bite out of a block of cheese or do you go all middle class and slice some off with a knife?

Don't have blocks much anymore, buy it grated from the ASDA.  I sprinkle a bit on some cracker bread.  Missus moans like fuck coz there's cheese and crumbs all over the floor from kitchen to bedroom :)

You've just reminded me about a bloke I worked with about 15-20 years ago.  He used to sit at his desk taking bites out of a fuck-off 2lb block of Cheddar.   

I got news on Facebook from his sister that he had died the other week.  He was a strange bloke but a good lad. :(

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 6, 2023, 12:36:54 pm »
Don't have blocks much anymore, buy it grated from the ASDA.  I sprinkle a bit on some cracker bread.  Missus moans like fuck coz there's cheese and crumbs all over the floor from kitchen to bedroom :)

You've just reminded me about a bloke I worked with about 15-20 years ago.  He used to sit at his desk taking bites out of a fuck-off 2lb block of Cheddar.   

I got news on Facebook from his sister that he had died the other week.  He was a strange bloke but a good lad. :(

Lets just say I have similar habits  ;)

Im so lazy Ill bite a chunk of cheese and then put a teaspoon of branston in my mouth

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 6, 2023, 12:45:08 pm »
put a teaspoon of branston in my mouth

Seeing as we're in the 80's ads thread...

"BRING OUT THE BRANSTON"

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 6, 2023, 12:48:41 pm »
Seeing as we're in the 80's ads thread...

"BRING OUT THE BRANSTON"

Great Segway to get back on topic

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #69 on: August 6, 2023, 01:09:41 pm »
  Hellmans Mayonaise Adfart - Bob Carolgees   
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/XwpyzMbkzBE&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/XwpyzMbkzBE&amp;feature=share</a>

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #70 on: August 6, 2023, 01:11:01 pm »
  QUATTRO Adfart
<a href="https://youtube.com/watch?v=HkFcleKRKj4&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/watch?v=HkFcleKRKj4&amp;feature=share</a>

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #71 on: August 6, 2023, 01:13:00 pm »
    Heineken Adfart
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/GKRuG4oIu_o&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/GKRuG4oIu_o&amp;feature=share</a>

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #72 on: August 6, 2023, 01:17:28 pm »
   Chewits Adfart
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/bg92hFmIDuc&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/bg92hFmIDuc&amp;feature=share</a>

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #73 on: August 6, 2023, 01:24:00 pm »
   Cadburys Smash Adfarts

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/TLYNoejZcv0&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/TLYNoejZcv0&amp;feature=share</a>

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/nzqI-xURCOs&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/nzqI-xURCOs&amp;feature=share</a>

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Vrer4vEY-1w&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Vrer4vEY-1w&amp;feature=share</a>

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #74 on: August 6, 2023, 01:26:47 pm »
   Trio Adfart
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/REuTGVftxSQ&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/REuTGVftxSQ&amp;feature=share</a>

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #75 on: August 6, 2023, 01:28:47 pm »
   Club Adfart
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/gyxVXq0JOUI&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/gyxVXq0JOUI&amp;feature=share</a>
« Last Edit: August 6, 2023, 01:31:55 pm by Capon Debaser »

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #76 on: August 6, 2023, 01:33:19 pm »
   Birdseye Steakhouse Adfart
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/96Z7JMOy6wQ&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/96Z7JMOy6wQ&amp;feature=share</a>

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #77 on: August 6, 2023, 01:36:29 pm »
   Monster Munch Adfart
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Z7CpMITDLYc&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Z7CpMITDLYc&amp;feature=share</a>

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #78 on: August 6, 2023, 02:12:10 pm »
Trio. Triiiiio. I want a Trio and I want one now.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 6, 2023, 02:13:50 pm »
  QUATTRO Adfart
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/HkFcleKRKj4&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/HkFcleKRKj4&amp;feature=share</a>
Jurgen YNWA