Author Topic: Classic 80s Adverts  (Read 13568 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Classic 80s Adverts
« Reply #80 on: August 6, 2023, 02:17:13 pm »
Does anyone remember the Insignia ad that used "It's all over now" by the Rolling Stones?  Just popped into my head while doing my morning smellie ritual.  Sadly, I still remember the lyrics

Insignia's got everything
Shampoo and Shower Gel
Deoderant and aftershave, for one all-over smell
And it new Insignia
and it's all over now.

I remember as a spotty 17-year-old getting the full Insignia set.  I can still smell it now.  The smell of an 80's teenager needed a government health warning :)

I couldn't remember that, then I saw the video and it came flooding back. Think we all used Insignia back in the day
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 6, 2023, 04:13:47 pm »
Knew you’d be an Insignia bloke Rob :)

Oh yeah…

What has a hazelnut in every bite?!

SQUIRREL SHIT!!!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 6, 2023, 04:33:36 pm »
Knew you’d be an Insignia bloke Rob :)

Oh yeah…

What has a hazelnut in every bite?!

SQUIRREL SHIT!!!

More an Aldi Lacura man these days ;D

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: August 6, 2023, 06:30:48 pm »
What were the choices back then I can only remember Insignia or Slazanger

I was a Slazanger man, well boy
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 6, 2023, 07:41:43 pm »
What were the choices back then I can only remember Insignia or Slazanger

I was a Slazanger man, well boy

Lynx was introduced to the UK in 85, its called Axe abroad and came out in France in 1983. I think I used both Insignia and Lynx. Brut had a deodorant I seem to remember and I think Old Spice did too

I rememeber our kid spraying Kuoros on me once and me telling him to fuck off with that poncey shite. 30 years later I was wearing Creed Aventus
« Last Edit: August 6, 2023, 07:44:08 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 6, 2023, 07:51:18 pm »
Lynx was introduced to the UK in 85, its called Axe abroad and came out in France in 1983. I think I used both Insignia and Lynx. Brut had a deodorant I seem to remember and I think Old Spice did too

I rememeber our kid spraying Kuoros on me once and me telling him to fuck off with that poncey shite. 30 years later I was wearing Creed Aventus

Id put old spice in the aftershave category, round are way it was brut, old spice or farenheit for the posh kids
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 6, 2023, 08:17:25 pm »
Id put old spice in the aftershave category, round are way it was brut, old spice or farenheit for the posh kids

After Shave is what I associate Old Spice with too, but I seem to remember they did a screw up roll on, in a red oblong container, I can picture having one in the bathroom cabinet
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #87 on: August 6, 2023, 08:28:50 pm »
After Shave is what I associate Old Spice with too, but I seem to remember they did a screw up roll on, in a red oblong container, I can picture having one in the bathroom cabinet
Tabac aftershave was boss! Best smell goin that

Remember when poncey hair started comin in for fellas in the 80s and them Dads who got tints an that. Youd be round at ya mates and go the bog an the dad had just been for a shit so youd walk in a few minutes after him an first thing youd smell is hair lacquer cos he needed to respray his barnet after a Cack an then the undercurrent of shit would filter through.

Bit Like how Horse Manure smells nice an sweet at first before you taste the smell of shit up creeping up your nose 20 seconds later

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 6, 2023, 08:30:07 pm »
Tabac aftershave was boss! Best smell goin that

Remember when poncey hair started comin in for fellas in the 80s and them Dads who got tints an that. Youd be round at ya mates and go the bog an the dad had just been for a shit so youd walk in a few minutes after him an first thing youd smell is hair lacquer cos he needed to respray his barnet aftr a Cack an then undercurrent of shit would filter through.

Bit Like how Horse Manure smells nice an sweet at first before you taste the smell of shit up creeping up your nose 20 seconds later

:lmao
Jurgen YNWA

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #89 on: August 6, 2023, 08:53:19 pm »
:lmao
The smell always reminded of Fit Mums and warm Boobs or them hairdressers cutting ya hair with the dryers on accidently rubbing a tit against your ear so you take a loada sniffs. Its too late though then when the smell creeps in cos youve eaten aboot 4 steak plates of sniff when the Cack comes knocking

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #90 on: August 6, 2023, 11:25:37 pm »
The smell always reminded of Fit Mums and warm Boobs or them hairdressers cutting ya hair with the dryers on accidently rubbing a tit against your ear so you take a loada sniffs. Its too late though then when the smell creeps in cos youve eaten aboot 4 steak plates of sniff when the Cack comes knocking

Horse shit?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #91 on: August 6, 2023, 11:43:56 pm »

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 9, 2023, 08:13:05 am »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2023, 05:24:38 pm »
Don't have blocks much anymore, buy it grated from the ASDA.  I sprinkle a bit on some cracker bread.  Missus moans like fuck coz there's cheese and crumbs all over the floor from kitchen to bedroom :)

Not just me then :)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2023, 06:30:01 pm »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #96 on: September 4, 2023, 11:37:34 am »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 4, 2023, 11:55:50 am »
Peter Sutcliffe vibes that one

haha fucking hell! I nearly said the exact same thing but thought I'd get told off :lmao

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #98 on: September 4, 2023, 12:11:30 pm »
Peter Sutcliffe vibes that one

The Yorkie Ripper.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #99 on: September 4, 2023, 12:40:41 pm »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 4, 2023, 02:29:52 pm »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 4, 2023, 02:33:17 pm »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #102 on: September 4, 2023, 02:38:22 pm »
The Yorkie Ripper.

Twat, laid that fucker up.  ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #103 on: September 4, 2023, 10:42:36 pm »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #104 on: September 5, 2023, 10:27:16 am »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/DGrffn_LKzE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/DGrffn_LKzE</a>

Me and my mates were probably 12/13 when this came out. There was this guy who lived nearby us all and genuinely walked like Mr Soft (well, he did in our eyes) and, being the little shits we were, we used to wait for him and all sing that as he walked past.

Then run off.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #105 on: September 5, 2023, 11:01:02 am »
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/DGrffn_LKzE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/DGrffn_LKzE</a>

Me and my mates were probably 12/13 when this came out. There was this guy who lived nearby us all and genuinely walked like Mr Soft (well, he did in our eyes) and, being the little shits we were, we used to wait for him and all sing that as he walked past.

Then run off.

Mr Soft? Now it's all Numans erectile dysfunction ads

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 5, 2023, 11:03:30 am »
Mr Soft? Now it's all Numans erectile dysfunction ads

;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #107 on: September 5, 2023, 11:05:30 am »
It's the very end of the 70s but Numan released it as a single in the 1980s

"Don't Be a Dummy" Jeans advert

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/X4CmNkstXwE&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/X4CmNkstXwE&amp;feature=share</a>
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.