Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1470727 times)

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)
« Reply #12880 on: May 14, 2024, 10:09:49 am »
Poor again, we should start looking for a replacement

We don't need to replace forum posters, there are plenty around.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12881 on: May 14, 2024, 10:42:32 am »
There's not a defender in the world that can cope with constantly being exposed and outnumbered by attackers going at them.

He might have made the odd mistake here and there but he's had a great season, all things considered.

Would be nice if we had a midfield that could track runners and full backs that don't constantly see balls going over their heads because they're positionally all over the place.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12882 on: May 14, 2024, 04:53:15 pm »
There's not a defender in the world that can cope with constantly being exposed and outnumbered by attackers going at them.

He might have made the odd mistake here and there but he's had a great season, all things considered.

Would be nice if we had a midfield that could track runners and full backs that don't constantly see balls going over their heads because they're positionally all over the place.

100 percent, feel sorry for VVD, we simply aren't compact enough to be good defensively,  VVD is trying to plug gaps left right and centre.  Matip is his favourite partner and hes been injured all season, konate is potentially world class but dropped off a cliff after injuries, and Quansah has high potential but is learning on the job.

Robertson and Gomez can defend properly but out of all the midfielders it feels like only Endo offers some solidity, organisation, and tactical fouls to stop counters. The pressing from the front 3 also dropped off a cliff in the last 3rd of the season imo. We seem to get out numbered on the counter far too often, for me, Trent should only play inverted when a fully fit Konate is available.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12883 on: May 14, 2024, 05:01:01 pm »
100 percent, feel sorry for VVD, we simply aren't compact enough to be good defensively,  VVD is trying to plug gaps left right and centre.  Matip is his favourite partner and hes been injured all season, konate is potentially world class but dropped off a cliff after injuries, and Quansah has high potential but is learning on the job.

Robertson and Gomez can defend properly but out of all the midfielders it feels like only Endo offers some solidity, organisation, and tactical fouls to stop counters. The pressing from the front 3 also dropped off a cliff in the last 3rd of the season imo. We seem to get out numbered on the counter far too often, for me, Trent should only play inverted when a fully fit Konate is available.

Trent for me should stick to the chalk - and only come inside from direct bench instruction if the opposition have done something clever to nullify the space that he can hurt teams from out wide.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12884 on: May 14, 2024, 06:55:38 pm »
Nah, Quansah will leapfrog him..  ;D

Virg is still a top player, the best we have at the moment. Yes, the errors are creeping up, but c'est la vie. There was a moment when he did a Casemiro to keep their player onside when all of our players were 15 yards ahead of him... He's got to cut out the "cooler than the Fonz" mode, and he'd be fine.

That's a hell of a vertical. He should play basketball instead.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12885 on: May 14, 2024, 07:02:05 pm »
Poor again, we should start looking for a replacement

He seemed to be playing within himself which I can't blame him for too much given we had nothing to play for and there's a Euros in the summer - probably his last shot at an international trophy and he hasn't played many tournaments.

Ultimately there's no protection in front of him, what's he meant to do?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12886 on: Yesterday at 10:58:41 am »
Without VVD this season we wouldn't be top 4. Had 3 different partners, I reckon at least 5 different full backs, 2 goalies and the main DM a bloke who has never played in our league before. Correct me if I am wrong but he's played every minute of every league game. He might not be 10/10 every game like he once was but he's more often than not at least 8/10.
JFT97