Author Topic: Spurs V Liverpool - Pre game chat (Satdee 1/11/08 KO 17:30)  (Read 60354 times)

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs V Liverpool - Pre game chat (Satdee 1/11/08 KO 17:30)
« Reply #360 on: October 31, 2008, 09:53:41 pm »
Well you're in a better position to judge him but from what i've seen of him this season he's started to look leggy in the last 30 mins of a match

Possibly although thats down to the lack of games more than anything I should imagine.

Saying that, I still think he'll probably retire at the end of the season. Be a bloody shame though as I reckon he's a top, top player. Could have been one of the best

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: October 31, 2008, 09:55:53 pm »
Possibly although thats down to the lack of games more than anything I should imagine.

Saying that, I still think he'll probably retire at the end of the season. Be a bloody shame though as I reckon he's a top, top player. Could have been one of the best

Yeh i remember a while ago thierry henry (if i'm right) said king was the hardest defender he's come up against in the prem so that's got to mean something.

So what's your feeling for the game mate?

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: October 31, 2008, 09:56:20 pm »
I want us to beat them tomorrow cause I can't stand Croatian press since Ćorluka and Modrić signed for Spurs,you literally can't open a single paper without seeing at least 1 full page article about Tottenham,"Spurs this","Spurs that",Ramos,Redknapp blahblahblah

If some aliens landed in Croatia they would think that Tottenham is the biggest club in the history of football.

I'll watch the game in a pub full of people who will probably cheer them on and I want to go mental when we beat them!!!

COME ON REDMEN!!

I can hear rafa's pre-match speech ..."do it for the people of croatia!"

Offline nikita!

• Main Stander
« Reply #363 on: October 31, 2008, 09:56:41 pm »
Spurs have some great PR. You'd swear they were a club that mattered the way the media have been wanking themselves silly over their situation.

Offline Kopper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #364 on: October 31, 2008, 09:57:53 pm »
Um. Whats with the panic?

Its Spurs. I want to know who does their marketing because apparently they are a 'big' team? Just like Newcastle??

Please.

We're gonna wipe our red asses with them.

Easy win tomorrow.

Offline nikita!

• Main Stander
« Reply #365 on: October 31, 2008, 10:00:12 pm »
We aren't playing well either apparently, according to many experts. And Spurs will be buoyed by their "heroics" on Wednesday. I'm shitting it.

Offline Crouchy

• Legacy Fan
  • Vamos!
« Reply #366 on: October 31, 2008, 10:00:24 pm »
Spurs 0

Liverpool 2

Gerrard, Keane.

Anyone know if Torres has travelled?

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #367 on: October 31, 2008, 10:00:26 pm »
Anyone know who the Ref is for this match ?  :wave
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #368 on: October 31, 2008, 10:00:54 pm »
Um. Whats with the panic?

Its Spurs. I want to know who does their marketing because apparently they are a 'big' team? Just like Newcastle??

Please.

We're gonna wipe our red asses with them.

Easy win tomorrow.

Overconfidence does you no good. They're at home - a rejunvenated team in front of what will be a rejuvenated home support. They're a lot better than their league position suggests and could wel cost us points.

Me, I can't wait for the game and I still think we'll win it.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: October 31, 2008, 10:03:59 pm »
So what's your feeling for the game mate?

I'm not sure. I think we can get something outta the game, but it's not gonna be easy. We're obviously gonna come out and attack you -  I just hope we don't get carried away! Torres would probably end up having a field day on the break

I think our success might rest on Modric. If he can play as well as he has the last couple of games I could see him causing your back line a few problems. Such a clever player. Obviously Mascherano will be kicking him at every opportunity though ;) Then its just a case of keeping things tight at the back, which isn't something we've been very good at lately! (ever!)

Offline Kopper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #370 on: October 31, 2008, 10:08:17 pm »
Overconfidence does you no good. They're at home - a rejunvenated team in front of what will be a rejuvenated home support. They're a lot better than their league position suggests and could wel cost us points.

Me, I can't wait for the game and I still think we'll win it.

Its not overconfidence. We're playing the perennial underachievers. The media are making a fucking circus out of it. And if theres anything worse than England supporters with their "we're THE shit" one day, and "we're shit" the next, its Spurs fans.

And all this Harry fucking Houdini shit is driving me nuts. There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING about Spurs or ANY of their players/managers/whatevers that worries me.

The only thing that might go tits up for us is that WE don't perform. But it seems we are now capable of taking 3 points even if we play like poop.

I still maintain that we will get a comfortable win tomorrow. Nothing to worry about.

Offline Crouchy

• Legacy Fan
  • Vamos!
« Reply #371 on: October 31, 2008, 10:08:36 pm »
I'm not sure. I think we can get something outta the game, but it's not gonna be easy. We're obviously gonna come out and attack you -  I just hope we don't get carried away! Torres would probably end up having a field day on the break

I think our success might rest on Modric. If he can play as well as he has the last couple of games I could see him causing your back line a few problems. Such a clever player. Obviously Mascherano will be kicking him at every opportunity though ;) Then its just a case of keeping things tight at the back, which isn't something we've been very good at lately! (ever!)

To be honest, I don't think any of your Central Midfielders will hurt us, Rafa will go with 2 holding midfielders, Masch/Alonso, Lampard didn't have a sniff at goal, it's your widemen i'm worried about, especially Bentley, a different player since Harry has come in.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: October 31, 2008, 10:13:11 pm »
To be honest, I don't think any of your Central Midfielders will hurt us, Rafa will go with 2 holding midfielders, Masch/Alonso, Lampard didn't have a sniff at goal, it's your widemen i'm worried about, especially Bentley, a different player since Harry has come in.

Well Modric isn't really playing in central midfield now. He's almost in a number 10 type role behind the striker. Looks a totally different player.

Not sure about Bentley still to be honest. Cracking goal the other day but I'm yet to be convinced by him. Think Lennon looks a far more dangerous player this season

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: October 31, 2008, 10:16:55 pm »
Not sure about Bentley still to be honest. Cracking goal the other day but I'm yet to be convinced by him. Think Lennon looks a far more dangerous player this season

Bentley right, lennon left?

Offline Adam Pepper

• Wants sex with men but he's not gay. PS. He's NOT gay. Whopper who talks shite in post-match threads - Carragher 3, Keane 10...
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #374 on: October 31, 2008, 10:17:25 pm »
Redknapp has finally realised that Zokora is well, shit, and replaced him  with huddlestone who is a much better player imo. agree tommy?

Offline Kopper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #375 on: October 31, 2008, 10:20:22 pm »
Redknapp has finally realised that Zokora is well, shit, and replaced him  with huddlestone who is a much better player imo. agree tommy?

Zakora is probably their best player.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: October 31, 2008, 10:20:48 pm »
Bentley right, lennon left?

That's what I'd do, although Bale has started the last 2 on the left. Hes not looked at the races at all

Offline nikita!

• Main Stander
« Reply #377 on: October 31, 2008, 10:21:02 pm »
Well Modric isn't really playing in central midfield now. He's almost in a number 10 type role behind the striker. Looks a totally different player.

Modric won't get a kick.

I hope he doesn't start with Lennon though to be honest. Always a threat even if his final ball still isn't there.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: October 31, 2008, 10:21:56 pm »

Then we really are fucked. Hes one of the worst players I've seen in a Spurs shirt in the last 10 years! For a DM he has no positional sense whatsoever. He can't complete a pass over 5 yards and his shooting is beyond a joke. And he's a diving little shit. Hopefully he'll be off in January and we'll bring Diarra in or something

Offline Adam Pepper

• Wants sex with men but he's not gay. PS. He's NOT gay. Whopper who talks shite in post-match threads - Carragher 3, Keane 10...
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #379 on: October 31, 2008, 10:24:44 pm »
Then we really are fucked. Hes one of the worst players I've seen in a Spurs shirt in the last 10 years! For a DM he has no positional sense whatsoever. He can't complete a pass over 5 yards and his shooting is beyond a joke. And he's a diving little shit. Hopefully he'll be off in January and we'll bring Diarra in or something
Exactly what ive thought whenever ive seen him play. Your views on Tom Huddlestone?

Offline nikita!

• Main Stander
« Reply #380 on: October 31, 2008, 10:25:13 pm »
Exactly what ive thought whenever ive seen him play. Your views on Tom Huddlestone?

He weighs a tonne(literally).

Two montages dedicated to Spurs now tonight on this Setanta football show. Christ almighty.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #381 on: October 31, 2008, 10:26:22 pm »
To be honest I'll be disappointed with anything less than a win tomorrow. We rested some of our important players in the week and we should be chomping at the bit.
I've always enjoyed watching Spurs as they have always tried to play football. No parking the bus with them, either at WHL or Anfield, but that's why I'm looking forward to it. They will try to attack us and that's when we're at our best. I'm expecting an end to end game with us hitting them on the counter and we should be too strong for them as long as Masch and Riera are back in the team.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: October 31, 2008, 10:27:22 pm »

He's a talented kid no doubt, it's just his mobility that lets him down. He'd get outmanouvered by a milk float

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: October 31, 2008, 10:28:17 pm »
That's what I'd do, although Bale has started the last 2 on the left. Hes not looked at the races at all

He looks more comfortable at left back. Although his defending leaves a lot to be desired

Offline Flame1845

• Anny Roader
« Reply #384 on: October 31, 2008, 10:32:41 pm »
it'll be a draw

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #385 on: October 31, 2008, 10:42:01 pm »
The only thing that might go tits up for us is that WE don't perform. But it seems we are now capable of taking 3 points even if we play like poop.

That's a fair point. If our players perform, there shouldn't be much question about it. But you never know with Spurs...

Offline cakmin

• Estoy aburrido
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • La Ostra
« Reply #386 on: October 31, 2008, 10:45:45 pm »
it'll be a draw

Nah, I will go for a win. Ugh, actually it is a bit dangerous when I started to be confident, a bad sign for us :(
So, I think we're gonna lose!

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: October 31, 2008, 10:46:43 pm »
???

Seriously kopper, even Spurs fans think he is shite.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: October 31, 2008, 10:47:52 pm »
Modric won't get a kick.

I hope he doesn't start with Lennon though to be honest. Always a threat even if his final ball still isn't there.
He will get a kick - straight off Mascherano's right foot!   :P
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Adam Pepper

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #389 on: October 31, 2008, 10:50:53 pm »
Utter shite. And apparently they payed £8 million for him :butt

Offline gabs

• Anny Roader
« Reply #390 on: October 31, 2008, 10:51:40 pm »
Anyone know who the Ref is for this match ?  :wave

Phil Dowd, mate

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: October 31, 2008, 10:57:10 pm »
Phil Dowd, mate

Sent Keane off last season for a nothing tackle. c*nt. He can feel free to do it again tomorrow though ;)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #392 on: October 31, 2008, 10:57:31 pm »
Utter shite. And apparently they payed £8 million for him :butt

Who?

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #393 on: October 31, 2008, 10:58:14 pm »
Phil Dowd, mate

Thanks, I feel like we're playing 'Russian roulette' with Steve Bennett.....lol....I don't know why ,I worry about it so?  :wave
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline Kopper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #394 on: October 31, 2008, 10:58:50 pm »
???

Seriously kopper, even Spurs fans think he is shite.

Not really important, as long as we keep playing well and collecting points ;)

My point is, we have NOTHING to fear from Spurs. We just need to concentrate on doing what WE do.

« Reply #395 on: October 31, 2008, 11:11:27 pm »
I want us to beat them tomorrow cause I can't stand Croatian press since Ćorluka and Modrić signed for Spurs,you literally can't open a single paper without seeing at least 1 full page article about Tottenham,"Spurs this","Spurs that",Ramos,Redknapp blahblahblah

If some aliens landed in Croatia they would think that Tottenham is the biggest club in the history of football.

I'll watch the game in a pub full of people who will probably cheer them on and I want to go mental when we beat them!!!

COME ON REDMEN!!
burn the papers

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #396 on: October 31, 2008, 11:12:55 pm »
If we play well, we will beat Spurs comfortably and bring them back down to earth after their two good results, *chuckles*, two.

However, if we don't turn up then expect Spurs to take full advantage and beat us or at least earn a point. In my opinion though, I reckon we will turn on the style tomorrow.

Would love Babel to start up front with Keane, and Gerrard and Riera to play wide. Think that would tear Spurs' backline a new arsehole. Then Torres will come on...
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #397 on: October 31, 2008, 11:24:12 pm »
I can hear rafa's pre-match speech ..."do it for the people of croatia!"
;D ;D  If that's what it takes then it's fine by me. ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: October 31, 2008, 11:40:09 pm »
Must win game can't allow spurs to close the gap to 17 points with a win.

Offline Adam Pepper

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander