Author Topic: Ticketless fans in Paris  (Read 49253 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: Ticketless fans in Paris
« Reply #280 on: May 20, 2022, 03:48:38 pm »
Sounds from the article like the giant screens are just for the 'concert' during the day at this stage though. But you'd at least know you can contain everyone to one area. Fingers crossed they can just show the match on them.
yeah hopefully they confirm actually showing the match

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #281 on: May 20, 2022, 03:50:05 pm »
Sounds from the article like the giant screens are just for the 'concert' during the day at this stage though. But you'd at least know you can contain everyone to one area. Fingers crossed they can just show the match on them.

Yeah thats what I got from the translation.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: May 20, 2022, 03:50:56 pm »
That road is massive...if they close it ok but if they don't then it's long narrow shit hole on the side...where would the stage be!??

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #283 on: May 20, 2022, 04:11:33 pm »
For 50000 reds pretty certain it'll be the whole avenue closed between Nation and Porte de Vincennes mate
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #284 on: May 20, 2022, 04:12:00 pm »
For 50000 reds pretty certain it'll be the whole avenue closed between Nation and Porte de Vincennes mate

That is correct

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 20, 2022, 04:15:52 pm »
So they must be closing that road to traffic - makes sense and good that there's giant screens. Where do they get this figure of 22, 000 from - thought it was just under 20k ?

Edit - well done MP for finding this !

No worries mate. Will repost it so it's seen being as it was the last post of the preceding page  ;D

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Une-deferlante-de-supporters-de-liverpool-attendue-a-paris-le-28-mai/1334047

More than 50,000 Liverpool supporters expected in Paris on May 28
Liverpool supporters here in the fan zone in Madrid ahead of the 2018-19 Champions League final.  (D. Despotovic/The Team)
Liverpool supporters here in the fan zone in Madrid ahead of the 2018-19 Champions League final. (D. Despotovic/The Team)
More than 50,000 Liverpool supporters are expected on May 28 in Paris for the Champions League final against Real Madrid at the Stade de France. Faced with this English influx, a huge reception area will be set up on the Cours de Vincennes, to the east of the capital.
Alban Traquet
updated on May 20, 2022 at 2:49 p.m.

It was a tour de force for the public authorities, the bodies concerned (FFF and UEFA) and the State services: organizing a Champions League final in three months, when UEFA's specifications required it. legally eighteen. The Russian invasion in Ukraine, launched on February 24, led to the relocation of the Champions League final - initially scheduled for Saint Petersburg - to the Stade de France, in Saint-Denis (Seine-Saint-Denis) under the impulse of the President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron.

The President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron, should not attend the Champions League final
One week before the event, and after more than seventy preparatory meetings, to date, between the various actors involved, under the aegis of the prefect hors classe Michel Cadot, interministerial delegate for major sporting events (Diges), the system reception of the supporters of the two clubs is almost finalized. Liverpool and Real Madrid supporters will have 22,000 seats each, including VIPs.

Real fans will meet near the Stade de France
On the Spanish side, the “fan meeting point” will be located in the public part of the Legion of Honor park, in Saint-Denis, near the Stade de France. It will open Saturday at midday, will close around 5 p.m., and will be reserved for Madrid fans in possession of a ticket for the final.

Real Madrid fans attending the Champions League final were expected to gather near the Stade de France.  (G. van Keulen/Sports Press)
Real Madrid fans attending the Champions League final were expected to gather near the Stade de France. (G. van Keulen/Sports Press)
On the other hand, the discussions were denser to find a base suitable for the British supporters, who will be much more numerous. The authorities estimate that they will be between 50,000 and 60,000 to come to Paris next weekend (including the 22,000 ticket holders ). To accommodate them, half a dozen avenues have been explored, such as that of the Jean-Bouin stadium. But the enclosure hosts "hospitalities" linked to the Roland-Garros tournament.

UEFA settles the bill
The choice finally fell, according to our information, on a long artery to the east of the capital: the Cours de Vincennes. An option which was not necessarily that of the town hall of Paris, which anticipated in particular the reaction of local residents, and which had proposed hall 1 of the exhibition center at Porte de Versailles, south of the capital. Option rejected for safety reasons: too many smokers or the "cracking" of smoke bombs in this closed place could have triggered the fire alert system, causing an evacuation of the public without an immediate plan B...

This “fan zone” in the Cours de Vincennes should open at 2 p.m. on the day of the final, and will not only be reserved for Reds supporters, whether or not they have a ticket for the match. Pat-downs will be carried out to enter the area and musical entertainment is planned inside: two giant screens will be installed to broadcast the concerts that will take place in the afternoon. Food trucks and beer taps will also be available. The bill for the organization of these two spaces, Spanish and English, is paid by UEFA. As for the FFF, it has legal and operational responsibility.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: May 20, 2022, 04:16:18 pm »
So from that article it sounds like thats a mixed fan zone, and no confirmation they'll show the game on the screens?

Surely there should be separate fan zones/screening for both sets of fans?

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: May 20, 2022, 04:17:44 pm »
Nah, the Madrid fanzone is in St Denis (ticket holders only).

Cours de Vincennes is just for Reds, ticket holders or not.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: May 20, 2022, 04:19:10 pm »
Nah, the Madrid fanzone is in St Denis (ticket holders only).

Cours de Vincennes is just for Reds, ticket holders or not.

The article translated says 'This “fan zone” in the Cours de Vincennes should open at 2 p.m. on the day of the final, and will not only be reserved for Reds supporters, whether or not they have a ticket for the match'.

Unless it's just a translate issue...

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: May 20, 2022, 04:19:40 pm »
Ah yeah my bad, you could be right. Guess we'll see.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #290 on: May 20, 2022, 04:21:50 pm »
It will be a lot more than 50k ...closer to 80k

Offline MattH66

• Kemlynite
  • These are the times.... lets enjoy!!
« Reply #291 on: May 20, 2022, 04:23:24 pm »
Yeah thats what I got from the translation.

Here's the latest from the main man in Paris, Hadrien.  Its looking good for the screening of the match.   :scarf

https://twitter.com/HadrienAgnew/status/1527653370663936000
Life long red since standing on the Kop for the first time in '76.  Unfortunately now living in Hertfordshire.
Enjoy this time as Reds!!
YNWA

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: May 20, 2022, 05:38:02 pm »
Is their offys nearby get crate of cans in like Madrid? 😆

Offline Kenny19

• Anny Roader
  • Dreaming our dreams and drifting within
« Reply #293 on: May 20, 2022, 05:47:52 pm »
Was there for work a couple of months ago and loads of them nearby, hope they know whats coming their way and pile up their stock  8)

Offline DGS_05

• Main Stander
« Reply #294 on: May 20, 2022, 07:22:19 pm »

Not if theres pat downs just to get in and theyre putting in refreshment bars, so £10 a pint!
Liverpool is our religion, Anfield is our church.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #295 on: May 20, 2022, 08:33:25 pm »
fuck I cannot wait for this
YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: May 20, 2022, 09:29:04 pm »
fuck I cannot wait for this
;D
Your whatsapp group must be as big as the Goodison pitch invasion mate.

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #297 on: May 20, 2022, 09:42:24 pm »
Anyone in Eindhoven on Friday night? I’m getting the overnight bus to Paris but nothing to do in the day, may go to Dam for a few

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #298 on: May 20, 2022, 09:49:00 pm »
;D
Your whatsapp group must be as big as the Goodison pitch invasion mate.
broke the 50 mark today  ;D
YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: May 20, 2022, 09:56:15 pm »
broke the 50 mark today  ;D
It's great that Reds can be together and most importantly be safe.
Keep tight and take care of each other folks.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2022, 10:01:29 pm »
It's great that Reds can be together and most importantly be safe.
Keep tight and take care of each other folks.

There's already tension brewing up depending on where people have made their booking for the match. It's mainly between Corcorans losers and god like chalet du lac people... ;D

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2022, 10:39:15 pm »
There's already tension brewing up depending on where people have made their booking for the match. It's mainly between Corcorans losers and god like chalet du lac people... ;D

I hear tonysleft is going to Chalet du lac, together with Andy Allerton… 👀

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: May 20, 2022, 10:39:26 pm »
:duh

;D

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2022, 10:50:19 pm »
I hope all these new members requesting their post count be upgraded see fit to chuck some spare change into Rawk funds 👍

Offline JHennerley

• Kemlynite
« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2022, 10:56:47 pm »
Interested in being added to the WhatsApp if someone could let me know how!

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2022, 11:03:12 pm »
Interested in being added to the WhatsApp if someone could let me know how!
You've got to do Debs washing for a week

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2022, 11:08:53 pm »

Decided we're all meeting at the Fan Park to have it out pre match

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2022, 11:12:01 pm »
You've got to do Debs washing for a week

Hey that's a lie I already have someone to do that  :P

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: May 20, 2022, 11:22:47 pm »
I hope all these new members requesting their post count be upgraded see fit to chuck some spare change into Rawk funds 👍
That's a lovely idea Debs and you're spot on as usual.
But even the regulars amongst us are not as thoughtful as you who want to keep the site running.

For this big final though, I think we're happy just to create a safe space for Reds. In 6 months RAWK will be the same (love it or hate it virgins  ;D  ), some people will never reappear but we'll all be fucking happy.

'

Offline forrest1980

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #309 on: May 20, 2022, 11:23:03 pm »
Decided we're all meeting at the Fan Park to have it out pre match

:lmao :lmao
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw , don't support us when we win" - Bill Shankly.......the best quote the great man ever said.

Offline Allezallezallez10

• Kemlynite
« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2022, 10:34:36 am »
Sorry if this has been asked previously.....

Anyone had experience of changing a name on eurostar ticket?
Do they check name against passport etc?
My lad may not get time off work!

Got thurs-sun

Offline JHennerley

• Kemlynite
« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2022, 11:50:47 am »
Is anybody getting a train from Calais to Paris at all? We’re considering it as an option to save a potential 4+ hour drive after the ferry. If so, has anybody found any parking near the port?

Offline Radoo

• Main Stander
« Reply #312 on: May 21, 2022, 11:51:00 am »
“Can I change the name on my booking?
Only the person named on the ticket may use it, but don’t worry if you’ve just made a tiny spelling mistake. There’s no need to let us know, just turn up and travel as normal.

If your passport's in your maiden name but your ticket's in your married name, just bring a copy of your marriage certificate with you when you travel. There’s no need to make any changes to your booking or let us know in advance.

If someone else would like to travel, they'll need to book a new ticket.”

https://help.eurostar.com/faq/uk-en/question/Can-I-change-the-name-on-my-booking

Offline Morning Glory

• Anny Roader
« Reply #313 on: May 21, 2022, 07:30:23 pm »
Stupid question alert. Do we still need a Covid certificate to travel to France?

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #314 on: May 21, 2022, 07:45:08 pm »
Stupid question alert. Do we still need a Covid certificate to travel to France?

Yes - just download it from the NHS App

You dont need to do any tests though
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 21, 2022, 07:46:06 pm »
That's a lovely idea Debs and you're spot on as usual.
But even the regulars amongst us are not as thoughtful as you who want to keep the site running.

For this big final though, I think we're happy just to create a safe space for Reds. In 6 months RAWK will be the same (love it or hate it virgins  ;D  ), some people will never reappear but we'll all be fucking happy.

'

Very true John, happy Reds is the important bit 😁

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: May 21, 2022, 07:52:57 pm »
Here's the latest from the main man in Paris, Hadrien.  Its looking good for the screening of the match.   :scarf

https://twitter.com/HadrienAgnew/status/1527653370663936000

i'm not sure what else you've read but that is just confirmation that the screens will be used to display the concert (for those at the back), not the actual match. which was the same setup as what was in Madrid.
YNWA.

Offline L5red

• Main Stander
  • Upper Centenary
« Reply #317 on: May 21, 2022, 08:32:09 pm »

You do if you're not double vaccinated plus booster
L5