Author Topic: Ticketless fans in Paris  (Read 49576 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ticketless fans in Paris
« Reply #320 on: May 21, 2022, 09:59:53 pm »
note that DAM Health are offering a prize draw for 2 hospitality tickets + travel/hotel if you book a test via them.

https://dam-health.com/travel-and-home-test/
YNWA.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #321 on: May 21, 2022, 10:09:46 pm »
note that DAM Health are offering a prize draw for 2 hospitality tickets + travel/hotel if you book a test via them.

https://dam-health.com/travel-and-home-test/

Do you only need a test though if you’ve not had the booster?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #322 on: May 22, 2022, 05:39:46 am »
Do you only need a test though if you’ve not had the booster?
If your last jab was more than 9 months ago you are considered unvaccinated

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: May 22, 2022, 07:09:08 am »

Ok thanks.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: May 22, 2022, 07:20:38 am »

What if you've had a booster though? Thought this meant you'd be fine regardless of when you had it.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: May 22, 2022, 07:58:58 am »
Sounds like you are fine with a booster :

For travellers aged 18 and over, France will recognise you as ‘vaccinated’ for entry purposes if you completed your initial vaccine course within the last 9 months. If more than 9 months have elapsed since your initial course, and you have not since received a booster, you will be considered unvaccinated and must follow the rules detailed below.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #326 on: May 22, 2022, 07:59:48 am »
It could be more definitively worded tho like the Spanish one that says ‘ no expiry date on boosters ‘…

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: May 22, 2022, 08:23:47 am »
Do you know if anyone has actually managed to buy a ticket feom someone who won the ticket i. The UEFA ballot?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #328 on: May 22, 2022, 10:20:23 am »
Sounds like you are fine with a booster :

For travellers aged 18 and over, France will recognise you as ‘vaccinated’ for entry purposes if you completed your initial vaccine course within the last 9 months. If more than 9 months have elapsed since your initial course, and you have not since received a booster, you will be considered unvaccinated and must follow the rules detailed below.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
So what happens if your last booster was more than 9 months?

I took it as "the last time a needle was inserted into your arm be it initial jabs or booster"  :)

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: May 22, 2022, 10:34:58 am »
Fucking heartbroken writing this, but it's looking increasingly likely that I won't be able to get to Paris thanks to my passport renewal not coming through in time.

With that in mind, I'm looking to swap the final ticket that I have for Wolves (ideally 3).

My final ticket is level 2, behind the goal (£129, including fees). If there is any difference we can sort that separately.

Full disclosure, I'm going to leave it until Friday to see if I get anything back from the Passport Office, but if not then this swap will be available.

Mods - I hope you don't mind me posting this. Please remove if needed.

Cheers,

Mark
I'll DM you.

Offline Radoo

• Main Stander
« Reply #330 on: May 22, 2022, 01:26:46 pm »
What about if you are under 18. They only have single vaccine and booster

All unvaccinated children aged 12 to 17 are subject to the same travel regulations as unvaccinated adults (PCR/antigen test prior to departure), whether or not accompanied by vaccinated adults.
➡️ Children under 12 are exempt from all COVID travel restrictions in all cases.
Children aged 12-15 in England will be able to prove their vaccination status or proof of prior infection via a digital NHS COVID Pass from 3 February for outbound travel, making it easier for children and families to travel to countries which require proof of vaccination or prior infection to gain entry, avoid isolation, or access venues or services.

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#Travel-with-minor-under-18-07ba

Offline KOPDOP

• Boys Pen
« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2022, 09:22:32 pm »
First ever post here - I’m going out to Paris but could only get the Eurostar that gets in 10 minutes before kickoff! Madness! Anyone else on this train or anyone know any pubs near the station to watch?

Offline RedMan2107

• Main Stander
« Reply #332 on: May 22, 2022, 10:26:36 pm »
Don't need a PCR if you are classed as unvaccinted and recovered from covid in the last 6 months and have a recovery certificate.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: May 23, 2022, 05:56:31 am »
First ever post here - I’m going out to Paris but could only get the Eurostar that gets in 10 minutes before kickoff! Madness! Anyone else on this train or anyone know any pubs near the station to watch?

I think these trains are usually on time and also you pass passport control in London so you do just walk off.  Having said that Paris will be busy that day obviously. With 10 mins to spare  I’d probably stay and watch it near St Pancras!

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #334 on: May 23, 2022, 07:51:14 am »
I think these trains are usually on time and also you pass passport control in London so you do just walk off.  Having said that Paris will be busy that day obviously. With 10 mins to spare  I’d probably stay and watch it near St Pancras!
think they mean arrives into Paris with 10 mins to spare? Try Belushi’s Gare Du Nord, it’s bookings only but 10 mins before KO I’m sure they’ll do a walk in

Offline tomx

• Main Stander
« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2022, 08:58:46 am »
Still nothing from BOSS concert.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2022, 09:54:31 am »

i usually cut things fine but even that is pushing it for me lol. you'd also miss all the day's activities in the fanpark / UEFA 'experiences'. is there no better options there?
YNWA.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2022, 09:58:48 am »

I feel daft for being a bit iffed that I arrive at 14:00...

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #338 on: May 23, 2022, 10:05:28 am »
think they mean arrives into Paris with 10 mins to spare? Try Belushi’s Gare Du Nord, it’s bookings only but 10 mins before KO I’m sure they’ll do a walk in

They are hopeful of getting something on for Saturday afternoon..

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: May 23, 2022, 10:06:49 am »
Don't need a PCR if you are classed as unvaccinted and recovered from covid in the last 6 months and have a recovery certificate.

What is actually certified as a 'recovery certificate' and how would I go about getting on of these?

Had COVID end of December...

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #340 on: May 23, 2022, 11:14:32 am »
What is actually certified as a 'recovery certificate' and how would I go about getting on of these?

Had COVID end of December...

If you had an NHS PCR positive test, you can get a recovery certificate through the NHS app.

LFTs don't count for it unfortunately.

Offline KOPDOP

• Boys Pen
« Reply #341 on: May 23, 2022, 11:17:41 am »
Yep it’s a bit mad but was only train option left! Just hoping we can get somewhere to watch near the station then enjoy the atmosphere afterwards! Will check out Belushis! Anyone else on that train? See you for a beer! X

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: May 23, 2022, 11:53:58 am »
Where is everyone congregating during Saturday before the match?

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: May 23, 2022, 11:59:50 am »
If you had an NHS PCR positive test, you can get a recovery certificate through the NHS app.

Sorted, can download a PDF through the App like you say.

Cheers!

Offline 107Kop52

• Kemlynite
  • Oh All The Things My Dad Has Seen
« Reply #344 on: May 23, 2022, 12:11:04 pm »
Yep it’s a bit mad but was only train option left! Just hoping we can get somewhere to watch near the station then enjoy the atmosphere afterwards! Will check out Belushis! Anyone else on that train? See you for a beer! X

If I was you mate I'd still head out to the fan Park if they screen the match there. You might miss the first 15 mins of the game but it would be worth it to be there for the rest of it and especially the full time whistle and post match (if we win that is)

Offline RedMan2107

• Main Stander
« Reply #345 on: May 23, 2022, 12:19:42 pm »

Yeh its in there next to any jabs you may have and has a expire date on it 6 months from when you tested positive , its just a QR code.

Offline hamisurf

• Main Stander
  • Don't trust a torie
    • Asset Tracking - Event Management
« Reply #346 on: May 23, 2022, 01:41:59 pm »
Like the squares in Madrid, Athens & Istanbul... where we sang in our thousands
Anyone any idea where we will all meet up during the Saturday day?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #347 on: May 23, 2022, 01:49:40 pm »

Like the squares in Madrid, Athens & Istanbul... where we sang in our thousands
Anyone any idea where we will all meet up during the Saturday day?

I´m guessing most people will be heading down to this planned fan park, near "Metro Nation". It is quite far to the East of central Paris though, and the opposite direction from the stadium. The talk is also that that won´t be getting started until around 14:00.

I don´t know know what plazas people might be meeting in before that. I reckon there must be a few contenders!

If I was you mate I'd still head out to the fan Park if they screen the match there. You might miss the first 15 mins of the game but it would be worth it to be there for the rest of it and especially the full time whistle and post match (if we win that is)

I think its doubtful the fan park will be screening the match itself.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: May 23, 2022, 02:35:06 pm »

If you've got the eurostar app there's quite a few times available from st pancras, you should be able to swap your train.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #349 on: May 23, 2022, 03:14:03 pm »
I find inconceivable that they won't show the gane on the two screens provided by UEFA after they provided screening for the europa League final. They just don't want to confirm it and invite another 30k in that fanzone.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2022, 03:17:07 pm »
I mean seriously why would they go to the trouble of putting up two giant screens just for a 3-4 hour music event that is not even announced and we don't know who is singing or even if there is a stage. Those 2 screens are for the game...trust me. 😁

Offline hamisurf

• Main Stander
  • Don't trust a torie
    • Asset Tracking - Event Management
« Reply #351 on: May 23, 2022, 03:53:05 pm »
I mean seriously why would they go to the trouble of putting up two giant screens just for a 3-4 hour music event that is not even announced and we don't know who is singing or even if there is a stage. Those 2 screens are for the game...trust me. 😁

I agree but the fanzone is way away from town!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: May 23, 2022, 04:38:08 pm »

I wonder if its a calculated decision to try to keep ticketless fans away from the stadium.

Offline Red Tattoo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #353 on: May 23, 2022, 04:44:58 pm »
You'll find bars just outside the Gare du Nord train station, across the street. But 10mn is a short time to rush in from the Eurostar plateform !

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: May 23, 2022, 04:46:39 pm »
I wonder if its a calculated decision to try to keep ticketless fans away from the stadium.
This 100%.  The fan park is a couple of train rides away from the ground, both airports and the main tourist areas.

Offline Red Tattoo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #355 on: May 23, 2022, 04:53:08 pm »
It has been confirmed as recently as today that there will be a so-called fan zone on the Avenue du Trône, which is a wide avenue in Eastern Paris. It's less than 10mn away from the city center itself (Les Halles-Chatelet-Saint-Michel area) and 25-30mn walk. But these timings are based on everyday situation. On Saturday, it will be very crowdy and it will probably take longer.
What there will be in that "fan zone" nobody knows for the moment. The match will probably be screened there, but until there, we have not heard of anything certain here in Paris.
So, to answer the question, Liverpool fans might congregate there.

The Madrid fans, less of them are expected than the Liverpool fans, will be in a park in Saint-Denis, where the Stade de France actually is.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 09:12:31 am by Red Tattoo »

Offline Red Tattoo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #356 on: May 23, 2022, 04:54:55 pm »
It's away from the stadium yes, but it is definetly in town

Offline Red Tattoo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #357 on: May 23, 2022, 04:56:13 pm »
Definetly

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: May 23, 2022, 04:58:48 pm »
This 100%.  The fan park is a couple of train rides away from the ground, both airports and the main tourist areas.

When moving from that possible fan zone to the stadium is it literally getting on one of the A line RER trains (west bound) and changing at Chatelet Les Halles to a B line RER train (northbound)?

If so, I wonder how long it’ll take. Could be chaos trying to get from the fan zone to the stadium

Offline Red Tattoo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #359 on: May 23, 2022, 05:07:10 pm »
When moving from that possible fan zone to the stadium is it literally getting on one of the A line RER trains (west bound) and changing at Chatelet Les Halles to a B line RER train (northbound)?

If so, I wonder how long it’ll take. Could be chaos trying to get from the fan zone to the stadium
That's one the possible routes.

You also have Métro line 2 and changing at La Chapelle-Gare du Nord and then RER lines B or D.

In both cases, I'd count a good hour and a half to reach the stadium area, versus 45mn in normal circumstances. From there, you'll to walk throught security etc. so a good 45minutes I'd say until you're seated.