Author Topic: Announcement on Anfield redevelopment due Monday  (Read 82513 times)

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
Announcement on Anfield redevelopment due Monday
« on: October 13, 2012, 11:49:35 am »
LIVERPOOL supporters have waited many years and been through two changes of ownership since the club first made clear the desperate need for a significant increase in capacity for home games. Following the takeover by FSG in 2010 the club began to look at the possibility of a redevelopment of Anfield alongside the various plans to move to a new stadium in Stanley Park.
The Anfield Wrap understands that an announcement will be made on Monday confirming that Liverpool intend to redevelop Anfield.

The announcement, it is understood, will be made by Liverpool City Council and relates to the commencement of Compulsory Purchase Order consultations as part of plans for improvements to the Anfield area. Those improvements include work to redevelop Liverpool Football Club’s Anfield stadium.
The intention, following satisfactory progress in the consultations which continue into next year, is for the stadium redevelopment to commence in 2014.

www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/10/announcement-on-anfield-redevelopment-expected-monday/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:39:19 am by The 5th Benitle »
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Announcement on anfield redevelopment due monday
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 12:04:47 pm »
Dissapointing it's still so far away, love Anfield but always felt it should be a new stadium.

Any idea on capacity? 60-65k I assume?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 12:06:38 pm »
Fantastic news.

Could someone with experience of the matter define ' satisfactory progress' in consultation.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 12:08:57 pm »
Good news, hope there is actually some progress though.

Offline Outlaw

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 12:09:21 pm »
According to the SoS poll, it's what most fans wanted. Unless the designs are utterly shite, I can't see how this will be spun into a bad thing.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 12:10:18 pm »
There'll be new owners before then
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 12:18:14 pm »
great news.

never liked the thought of leaving anfield.
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 12:21:00 pm »
If it's done well, with the same capacity as a new stadium would bring, this is the best option.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 12:21:40 pm »
There'll be new owners before then

What makes you think that?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 12:22:52 pm »
Just confirmed what was expected really

Offline Cafthered

• Boys Pen
Announcement on anfield redevelopment due monday
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 12:24:43 pm »
This is the best solution for LFC and the city. A re-developed Anfield maintains our history and allows us to progress without the need for a lookalike bowl of a stadium. I hope the people whose homes need to be demolished are compensated well and then everyone can be a winner. Roll on 60,000+ fans at Anfield just imagine the racket on a European Night! Boss.

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 12:24:44 pm »
Great news

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 12:26:22 pm »
Great news.
2014? Let's hope nothing bad happens before the work starts then.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 12:27:32 pm »
Will be great to have it official. 2014 isnt really that far away either. Nice to see we are apparently progressing on something at last!

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 12:30:34 pm »
Already a thread thats been talking about this for ages:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294246.msg10960059#new
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 12:32:56 pm »
Liverpool make major announcement that they're going to do something, in a couple of years time.

Pardon the pun, but nothing groundbreaking here.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 12:36:57 pm »
Liverpool make major announcement that they're going to do something, in a couple of years time.

It's not even that, it's starting consultations on compulsory purchase orders, it's pretty inevitable that there will be objections and even a public enquiry. Look how long it took to get the Edge lane compulsory orders through or the old ladies out of their house so the Kemlyn Rd could be extended. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 12:38:53 pm »
Well seeing as 2013 is only 2 and half months away then really 2014 isn't far off at all.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 12:42:06 pm »

It publicly commits the club to course of action.........a stance they've been refusing to take for the last two years. We'll now have something firm to hold the owners to. Its pretty big news whichever way you cut it.

If anything the proposed timescale looks ambitious......... we need planning permission first and then a compulsory purchase order will need to go through the system.

Hopefully they will have some actual plans to show us.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 12:44:35 pm »
It publicly commits the club to course of action.........a stance they've been refusing to take for the last two years. We'll now have something firm to hold the owners to. Its pretty big news whichever way you cut it.

If anything the proposed timescale looks ambitious......... we need planning permission first and then a compulsory purchase order will need to go through the system.

Hopefully they will have some actual plans to show us.

It's like getting DA approval for the extension on your house just before you put it on the market.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 12:46:39 pm »
I guess it just confirms what we've suspected for a while, that the prefered choice is staying at Anfield.

Next steps are making the necessary applications to see if it's actually possible. Will be a while yet, lots of potential twists and turns to come.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 12:47:05 pm »
It's all shite. Who gives a fuck. Why do football fans that go to the game even care?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline richmiller1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 12:47:57 pm »
It's not even that, it's starting consultations on compulsory purchase orders, it's pretty inevitable that there will be objections and even a public enquiry. Look how long it took to get the Edge lane compulsory orders through or the old ladies out of their house so the Kemlyn Rd could be extended. 

où est le problème? The situation is what it is.

Is there actually an announcement they can make on Monday that you would be satisfied with?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 12:50:46 pm »
It's all shite. Who gives a fuck. Why do football fans that go to the game even care?
Pardon?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 12:51:29 pm »
où est le problème? The situation is what it is.

Is there actually an announcement they can make on Monday that you would be satisfied with?

I think the only announcement he'll be happy with 'were selling up'. Until that day, we will go through the same routine of moaning and complaining about anything and everything regardless of whether its good news or not.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline richmiller1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2012, 12:51:49 pm »
It's like getting DA approval for the extension on your house just before you put it on the market.

Maybe, but even in that scenario the work they have done on this (alongside the council/ housing assoc etc) has opened up a means of increasing capacity which was little more than fantasy even a few years back.

Whatever FSG do this is still good news for those of us in for the long haul

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2012, 12:55:09 pm »
15,000 more day trippers to make the atmosphere even worse. Great!
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2012, 12:57:13 pm »
I think the only announcement he'll be happy with 'were selling up'. Until that day, we will go through the same routine of moaning and complaining about anything and everything regardless of whether its good news or not.

So after two years announcing that you are going to start consultations on compulsory purchase orders is good news. As for selling up, an asset is more of an asset once it's got outline planning permission.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline And CouldHe Play!

• but not And Could He Play, different bloke entirely.
  • Kopite
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2012, 01:00:20 pm »
I wanna see Anfield packed with 65,000 against Wigan, everyone screaming their guts out. Now that would be an atmosphere that could act as 12th man and even be worth a goal a game against the 'weaker' sides. Ha, dreams
Fuck it, I'm taking me dog for a walk. The pair of us are completely bollocksed and take turns a piece dragging one another along. We look a bit like one of Roy's midfield pairings, but with a wee bit more guile and panache. Well, on the dog's side, anyway

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2012, 01:00:28 pm »
Maybe, but even in that scenario the work they have done on this (alongside the council/ housing assoc etc) has opened up a means of increasing capacity which was little more than fantasy even a few years back.

Whatever FSG do this is still good news for those of us in for the long haul

I am sure this consultation will cushion the blow of the disparity in match day income between us and our rivals. How long as a Club have we been looking to increase capacity, whilst others have gone ahead and done it and are reaping the rewards.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 01:02:12 pm »
Nothing more than a ploy by FSG.

They've had a bad few months, specifically re:transfers, and now Jen chang has been doing tony soprano impressions..you can see the board meeting now...

"I've got an idea guys, let's roll out a nice new stadium announcement to get all those disillusioned fans back on side. Nothing too specific to hold us to account, but justtttt enough to get them back in the club store."
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 01:09:35 pm »
Don't tease me.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 01:12:30 pm »
And how are we going to pay for it?

Pie in the sky.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 01:12:58 pm »
This is the best solution for LFC and the city. A re-developed Anfield maintains our history and allows us to progress without the need for a lookalike bowl of a stadium. I hope the people whose homes need to be demolished are compensated well and then everyone can be a winner. Roll on 60,000+ fans at Anfield just imagine the racket on a European Night! Boss.

This^^^^^^ 8)
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline richmiller1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 01:13:11 pm »
I am sure this consultation will cushion the blow of the disparity in match day income between us and our rivals. How long as a Club have we been looking to increase capacity, whilst others have gone ahead and done it and are reaping the rewards.

I repeat.

The situation is what it is. It's fair enough having a pop at lack of progress up to date, many of us have.

But from this starting point, which neither we or they can now alter, what is it exactly that you would have them announce on Monday instead?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 01:14:14 pm »
And how are we going to pay for it?

Pie in the sky.

Stop acting as if we have Sullivan and Gold as our owners or something... We have billionaire owners for god sake whats the obsession with people on here acting as if we're poor as fuck?

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 01:14:57 pm »
So after two years announcing that you are going to start consultations on compulsory purchase orders is good news. As for selling up, an asset is more of an asset once it's got outline planning permission.

Its better then no news, or pretty pictures of a stadium that we cant afford.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 01:16:08 pm »
15,000 more day trippers to make the atmosphere even worse. Great!

Exactly and most of them will be corporate twats.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2012, 01:17:09 pm »
Stop acting as if we have Sullivan and Gold as our owners or something... We have billionaire owners for god sake whats the obsession with people on here acting as if we're poor as fuck?

So FSG are going to pay for Anfield to be rebuilt? Don't be daft. The only thing really holding the development up (aside from planning issues which the council are trying to resolve) is the club finding the costs to build it.

If a company had offered what we wanted for Stanley Park naming rights the spade would be in the ground now.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2012, 01:18:10 pm »
I repeat.

The situation is what it is. It's fair enough having a pop at lack of progress up to date, many of us have.

But from this starting point, which neither we or they can now alter, what is it exactly that you would have them announce on Monday instead?

Sorry I forgot FSG have a wild card whenever you criticise them they just use the wild card and have another day zero. Every time they sack someone or someone brings up the Stadium they just hit the reset button and everything that has gone has to be forgotten. So Monday is the day zero for the Stadium, nice one. 

"Ohhh-kayyy"