Author Topic: Announcement on Anfield redevelopment due Monday  (Read 82727 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: Announcement on anfield redevelopment due monday
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2012, 01:18:52 pm »
I am sure this consultation will cushion the blow of the disparity in match day income between us and our rivals. How long as a Club have we been looking to increase capacity, whilst others have gone ahead and done it and are reaping the rewards.

Since 2002
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2012, 01:19:31 pm »
As I pointed out in the FSG thread that's been locked, soon after they took over FSG briefed the Echo that it would probably take two years for a decision on Anfield. They've been scrupulously, true to their word on that. It was clear they always preferred the redevelopment route (ad did most supporters) but that it would take some time to work through the many problems and the politics involved, and also to give adequate time to seeing what could be raised via naming rights for the new stadium alternative. All the stories point to their having explored a number of alternatives as well. I can't see why this is a stick with which to beat them.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2012, 01:22:00 pm »
Sorry I forgot FSG have a wild card whenever you criticise them they just use the wild card and have another day zero. Every time they sack someone or someone brings up the Stadium they just hit the reset button and everything that has gone has to be forgotten. So Monday is the day zero for the Stadium, nice one. 

Yes, its taken 10 years but its all FSGs fault, we know, its always their fault...
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2012, 01:22:45 pm »
Good news but after what we've been put through lets all just wait and see. At least they've committed to it.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2012, 01:24:00 pm »
Good news but after what we've been put through lets all just wait and see. At least they've committed to it.

They haven't. It's an announcement by the council as part of North Liverpool regeneration. The council would love the club to fully commit to it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RedTriumph

• Anny Roader
  • Every man a king...
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2012, 01:24:55 pm »
God almighty, some of the cynical shit here is so depressing to read.  We've been waiting for an official announcement on the stadium for years and now it genuinely seems we're going to hear one the doom merchants are all out saying they don't even think more seats will be a good idea.  Some people here have the optimism to match Blackburn supporters.  For fuck's sake.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2012, 01:25:31 pm »
If FSG announced the club was building new wheelchair access at the stadium there would still be a few "wise heads" telling us to treat such a flagrant charm offensive with caution.

Literally every FSG-related thread is contaminated with know-it-all cynics. Boring...

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2012, 01:25:52 pm »
You might want to read the opening post again!

I have cheers. My point still stands. Whether or not they do it through Liverpool city council or through their own means what do we expect to be said? And I quote;

"the intention, should satisfactory progress continue in the consultations which continue next year is for the stadium redevelopment to commence in 2014."

1) "satisfactory progress" - what do they define this as? 6months down the line when they've bought us a striker and the storm has calmed they release another PR saying that there has not been "satisfactory progress" and plans are put back.
2) "talks which continue into next year" - so FSG and the council haven't reached a firm agreement, the talks themselves are to go on for another few months, that's before planning, funding, and the other pre-build logistics.

Wake up eh?

He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2012, 01:27:35 pm »
Yes, its taken 10 years but its all FSGs fault, we know, its always their fault...

You are in a 10,000 metres race and you fail to notice the pack heading of into the distance instead of deciding to chase after them you sit on your arse for another couple of laps. You look at it by the time it goes through planning, through a likely public enquiry and then you actually get around to redeveloping the ground a stand at a time you are probably looking at 7 or 8 years before the redevelopment will have any significant impact on revenues.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2012, 01:28:18 pm »
Sorry I forgot FSG have a wild card whenever you criticise them they just use the wild card and have another day zero. Every time they sack someone or someone brings up the Stadium they just hit the reset button and everything that has gone has to be forgotten. So Monday is the day zero for the Stadium, nice one. 

Stop being so precious.

You and your never ceasing campaign against FSG are safe, no one expects you to forgive all past ills, slights and errors on the basis of one announcement.

Its just seems a little churlish belittling an announcement/ decision which I suspect would be your first order were you magically to be put in charge on sunday night.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2012, 01:31:34 pm »
drip...drip...drip...drip...drip...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2012, 01:32:11 pm »
Stop being so precious.

You and your never ceasing campaign against FSG are safe, no one expects you to forgive all past ills, slights and errors on the basis of one announcement.

Its just seems a little churlish belittling an announcement/ decision which I suspect would be your first order were you magically to be put in charge on sunday night.

It's just so eminently predictable, FSG's decision being a none decision, does anyone in their right mind think.

1. That this will ever get through planning and a public enquiry.
2. That FSG would ever fund it if it did.

They couldn't even pony up for a Striker in the summer but all of a sudden they will find tens of millions for a redevelopment, it is laughable.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2012, 01:35:10 pm »
Exactly and most of them will be corporate twats.

In the current stadium layout and seating define corporate twat? Those in a box? So off hand that would include Glen Johnson and family and some of the players on occassion too. Carra's and Flanghan's family also. Is it those in the reds/premier/centenary/executive tiered seating who, for the majority, are older hard working reds who've been going for many years through thick and thin?

Who are the twats exactly? Be precise because right now you're being extremely biased and prejudiced on the basis of fuck knows what.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2012, 01:35:29 pm »
I'm perfectly awake. You're the one suggesting this is some sort of wild conspiracy cooked up because Jen Chang fucked up. The Council in on it aswell yeah? Laughable paranoia.

At what point did I mention the council being in on it? It's simply a vehicle for them. The statement above was released as part of north Liverpool redevelopment, FSG stating that they wish to become involved in it, and again not commiting. Which council in there right mind would reject such a proposal?

Nowhere near concrete enough.

And it's not paranoia at all, it's a judgement based on the information that's available, if it helps those rose tinted spectacles stay on your nose then yes mate, it's paranoia.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:37:39 pm by Zend...en the clowns »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2012, 01:37:47 pm »
Stop being so precious.

Give him a break. This is not a good day for him. Now he has to work double as hard to prove us FSG are evil and are here to destroy us.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2012, 01:37:53 pm »

They couldn't even pony up for a Striker in the summer but all of a sudden they will find tens of millions for a redevelopment, it is laughable.

That's a false argument. FSG may or may not build us stadium but their attitude to investing in a (short-term fix) striker will have no bearing on their attitude to investing in essential infrastructure that will allow the club to grow. The two are not inter-linked and it's disengenuous to start using such arguments to strengthen your already deep-rooted stance.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2012, 01:39:04 pm »
You are in a 10,000 metres race and you fail to notice the pack heading of into the distance instead of deciding to chase after them you sit on your arse for another couple of laps. You look at it by the time it goes through planning, through a likely public enquiry and then you actually get around to redeveloping the ground a stand at a time you are probably looking at 7 or 8 years before the redevelopment will have any significant impact on revenues.

We've waited 10, we may wait another 7 or 8, in which case 2 is hardly here or there.

or we could have gone ahead with the quick option, build the new stadium and equally waited 7 or 8 years for it to generate a surplus due to it higher cost.

Truth is, neither of us know how what the difference is between the different stadium options.
Thinking is overrated.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2012, 01:40:51 pm »
Well you've said this is all a ploy by FSG and given it's the councils announcement they have to be in on it dont they? Or you are talking complete and utter paranoid rubbish.

Check my post above. It's an announcement as part of north Liverpool redevelopment. They don't have to be 'in' on it, to announce it.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2012, 01:43:17 pm »
It's just so eminently predictable, FSG's decision being a none decision, does anyone in their right mind think.

You got tonights lotto numbers while you've got your crystal ball out.

And no, I dont expect them to stump up the money for a redevelopment, they will borrow it. Maybe they should have done the same to buy a striker, I mean its worked so well in the past hasnt it.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2012, 01:43:55 pm »
so people complain because there is no progress and then complain when there is? they honestly can't win, barring any miracles

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2012, 01:48:57 pm »
You got tonights lotto numbers while you've got your crystal ball out.

And no, I dont expect them to stump up the money for a redevelopment, they will borrow it. Maybe they should have done the same to buy a striker, I mean its worked so well in the past hasnt it.

So we have gone through two ownership changes to get us into the fantastic position of borrowing to redevelop a Stadium. Wasn't the idea that Moores sold the Club to people with deeper pockets so we didn't have to gamble our future by leveraging Stadium debt on to the Club. If FSG's long term plan is to increase the value of their asset why aren't they paying for Stadium redevelopment.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2012, 01:49:39 pm »
so people complain because there is no progress and then complain when there is? they honestly can't win, barring any miracles

The good thing is most of these people are quite easy to spot.
Thinking is overrated.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »

I think 1 could be a goer because of the council's desperation to redevelop the area.

2 is very much the problem. We don't have the money and can't fund it. Not unless we do without a transfer budget for 5 years.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2012, 01:50:50 pm »
In the current stadium layout and seating define corporate twat? Those in a box? So off hand that would include Glen Johnson and family and some of the players on occassion too. Carra's and Flanghan's family also. Is it those in the reds/premier/centenary/executive tiered seating who, for the majority, are older hard working reds who've been going for many years through thick and thin?

Who are the twats exactly? Be precise because right now you're being extremely biased and prejudiced on the basis of fuck knows what.

Football grounds should be full of football fans. Corporate bastards aren't.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2012, 01:51:12 pm »
The good thing is most of these people are quite easy to spot.

Can you please explain the progress we have made in the last two years ?

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2012, 01:53:44 pm »
Dissapointing it's still so far away, love Anfield but always felt it should be a new stadium.

Any idea on capacity? 60-65k I assume?

There is a lot to be done before the construction starts. Don't forget, the year 2014 is only 15 months away. It is likely that the construction will be timed around the close season at the end of next season to minimise disruption.

Consultation on the compulsory purchases is still ongoing, the ground will need to be reorganised to facilitate phasing, planning must be satisfied, the whole thing needs to be designed in detail, tenders need to be received, reviewed and a contractor appointed. All this before close season at the end of this season? Pushing matters a bit really.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2012, 01:53:47 pm »
I think 1 could be a goer because of the council's desperation to redevelop the area.

2 is very much the problem. We don't have the money and can't fund it. Not unless we do without a transfer budget for 5 years.

The problem is for the last 5 years American owners have continually held up the redevelopment of the area and this will be no different. Liverpool jumping on board without a cast iron commitment will yet again hold up redevelopment.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2012, 01:55:08 pm »
Football grounds should be full of football fans. Corporate bastards aren't.

Andy. With courtesy and respect to the questions posed please could you answer them so that we are explicitly clear on the basis of the current persons in what the club deems hospitality seating?

Not what you think corporate bastards are or aren't.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2012, 01:55:34 pm »
So we have gone through two ownership changes to get us into the fantastic position of borrowing to redevelop a Stadium. Wasn't the idea that Moores sold the Club to people with deeper pockets so we didn't have to gamble our future by leveraging Stadium debt on to the Club. If FSG's long term plan is to increase the value of their asset why aren't they paying for Stadium redevelopment.

Almost all large construction projects are built with loans, its incredibly rare to have them funded by cash, infact its almost unheard of. (i'll let someone who knows more about finance then me explain why). As for gambling our future, thats bullshit at best. its less of a gamble to borrow £150 million to add 15,000 seats then it is £400 million to add 15,000 seats.

Moores was a fucking idiot, what can you do about it?
Thinking is overrated.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2012, 01:57:07 pm »
The problem is for the last 5 years American owners have continually held up the redevelopment of the area and this will be no different. Liverpool jumping on board without a cast iron commitment will yet again hold up redevelopment.

If a company came forward for naming rights guaranteeing most of the costs then the club would commit a lot more. Until then they'll keep buying time.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2012, 01:59:51 pm »
Why do we always have announcements that we're going to make announcements these days? It just gives people time to stew and raises expectations and they end up underwhelmed by the limp waisted declaration when the time comes.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2012, 02:00:43 pm »
Can you please explain the progress we have made in the last two years ?

Well, working towards the better option of redeveloping Anfield, hopefully spending £150 million instead of £400 million I would count as progress. But the truth is, im not an architect, nor do I know anything about planning permision, CPOs etc so quite frankly I have no idea whats happened in the last 2 years. However, what I wont do is either guess or make things up.
Thinking is overrated.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2012, 02:02:51 pm »
If a company came forward for naming rights guaranteeing most of the costs then the club would commit a lot more. Until then they'll keep buying time.

And whilst they buy time the people of Anfield live in squalor.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RedTriumph

• Anny Roader
  • Every man a king...
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2012, 02:03:23 pm »

Because it is exactly that: long term.  They've owned the Red Sox for 11 years and they've just said they won't be selling them anytime soon.  They'll still be here by the time the redevelopment is paid off.  Remember, this is nothing like a new stadium in terms of financial outlay.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2012, 02:05:19 pm »
Nice one a spade in the ground in 600 days.

;D

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2012, 02:06:36 pm »
So we are expecting an announcement on Monday that we are redeveloping anfield,just what the supporters wanted. We will obviously be spending less money in doing this, yet another good thing for the club as a whole. I know us supporters have heard lies in the past, but to see people on this forum somehow justify their moaning on this pledge is baffling
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE £20 BET

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2012, 02:06:50 pm »
And whilst they buy time the people of Anfield live in squalor.

Yes, thats all FSGs fault isnt it... using peoples hardship to score points against the owners is pretty low.
Thinking is overrated.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2012, 02:07:28 pm »
Well, working towards the better option of redeveloping Anfield, hopefully spending £150 million instead of £400 million I would count as progress. But the truth is, im not an architect, nor do I know anything about planning permision, CPOs etc so quite frankly I have no idea whats happened in the last 2 years. However, what I wont do is either guess or make things up.

For me it is just a filibuster the Council became sick and tired of the Club dragging their feet and decided to go ahead with their own redevelopment. A redevelopment of Anfield that would of left the Club landlocked and unable to develop the ground in the future because of line of sight issues. We are just posturing and talking and in effect throwing a huge spanner in the works that will buy FSG time but will condemn the residents of Anfield to years of squalor.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline mark82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2012, 02:22:48 pm »
For me it is just a filibuster the Council became sick and tired of the Club dragging their feet and decided to go ahead with their own redevelopment. A redevelopment of Anfield that would of left the Club landlocked and unable to develop the ground in the future because of line of sight issues. We are just posturing and talking and in effect throwing a huge spanner in the works that will buy FSG time but will condemn the residents of Anfield to years of squalor.

You have clearly zero knowledge of the subject and can't be arsed to do a little research, research as easy as scanning the stadium forum yet you continue to spout crap. You're embarrassing yourself.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2012, 02:23:54 pm »
Yes, thats all FSGs fault isnt it... using peoples hardship to score points against the owners is pretty low.

Whoever's fault it is, it's a valid point. The community there must be the most resilient in this Country to put up with the shit dumped on them over the years. I'll forgive them if they view this latest announcement with contempt.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same