Author Topic: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield  (Read 486932 times)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Re: Liverpool have decided to redevelop Anfield?
« Reply #960 on: October 13, 2012, 11:55:59 am »
Triple yes!!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #961 on: October 13, 2012, 12:36:31 pm »
the announcement will be made on Monday confirming that Liverpool intend to redevelop Anfield..

hope so

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #962 on: October 13, 2012, 12:37:41 pm »
GET IN.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline JohnOK

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #963 on: October 13, 2012, 12:53:54 pm »
I wonder if there will be any pictures of what it may look like at the same time as the announcement on Monday?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #964 on: October 13, 2012, 01:05:57 pm »
Rebuild Anfield. What with? We've no money.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MatthewRedBlood

• bollockless shit bag
  • Kopite
  • The main kid
« Reply #965 on: October 13, 2012, 01:17:49 pm »
Taking the capacity up to 60,000, adding 15,000 seats is a decent plan. Will we sell the seats? Almost certainly. At season ticket price rate that's an extra 11 million or so a year (in my basic maths) in gate receipts alone without additional revenue. financially it's the better option than moving.

If this happens (which it's likely too now) it's hardly surprising really given our owners. I don't know how many people expected them to fund a new stadium.

Anyone got any details on how it'll be developed? New tier on top of the main stand?
"When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high". Bad advice, I met a bloke once who'd looked up during a hailstone storm, took his eye out, blind now.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: October 13, 2012, 01:28:53 pm »

The club will borrowed the money, won't they?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: October 13, 2012, 01:47:24 pm »

well they obviously do have money, and even from a cynics point of view, why would they be adverse to spending money to make more money? that's what they do, they are businessmen

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Liverpool have decided to redevelop Anfield?
« Reply #968 on: October 13, 2012, 02:33:49 pm »
So still nothing coming from the club. Only the council?
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #969 on: October 13, 2012, 03:25:15 pm »
At season ticket price rate that's an extra 11 million or so a year (in my basic maths) in gate receipts alone without additional revenue. financially it's the better option than moving.

Excellent news. However I expect the stand rebuilds to include vastly upgraded corporate sections and that will potentially double that figure there.

Also, interestingly, I read before FSG put a lot of work into improving the food at Fenway now. It´s insanely expensive but you do get top quality food and so people stump up. They make a small fortune off food and beverages in the stadium now. I´ve never been to a football stadium where they food was anything better than dreadful. Even Carrot Road where Delia herself cooks up the nosh while absolutely plastered.

http://www.chefs.edu/Student-Life/Culinary-Central/April-2010/Food-At-Fenway-Park
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline ankit_kop

• Boys Pen
« Reply #970 on: October 13, 2012, 04:24:36 pm »
how much extra income we are looking at here? Anyone aware of  the number of premium seats and normal seats after redevelopement?

Offline Captain Marko Ramius

• Battle shtashionsh! Engage the shilent drive!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #971 on: October 13, 2012, 04:53:51 pm »
The club will borrowed the money, won't they?

Yeah exactly.

I can't believe how thick some of these 'we have no money' posts have been. The ability to borrow money now to expand a business and use increased revenues to pay it back is... how can that be beyond some peoples grasp!?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #972 on: October 13, 2012, 06:07:53 pm »
how much extra income we are looking at here? Anyone aware of  the number of premium seats and normal seats after redevelopement?

We earn around £40m a year from a 45k stadium. We'd realistically be looking at anything between £60m-70m a year from a capacity of around 60k if we were selling out regularly.

Arsenal earn £110m a year from the 60k Emirates, but we could obviously never match their pricing structure, and the amount of corporates.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ankit_kop

• Boys Pen
« Reply #973 on: October 13, 2012, 07:08:24 pm »
We earn around £40m a year from a 45k stadium. We'd realistically be looking at anything between £60m-70m a year from a capacity of around 60k if we were selling out regularly.

Arsenal earn £110m a year from the 60k Emirates, but we could obviously never match their pricing structure, and the amount of corporates.

i thought gunners earned £95m in matchday income ? Still a huge difference though

Any idea what effect a reduced capacity will have on our matchday income during the redevelopement?

Will redevelopement be one stand a season?

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: October 13, 2012, 08:09:57 pm »
i thought gunners earned £95m in matchday income ? Still a huge difference though

Any idea what effect a reduced capacity will have on our matchday income during the redevelopement?

Will redevelopement be one stand a season?

The slower the redevelopment, the less stress from the level of borrowing and the safer and more productive the outcome.

It is possible to not reduce capacity at all.

Arsenal earned ₤93.1m in 2010/11. We could expect to ultimately target ₤72m with the hope rather than the expectation that in a great year we might reach ₤84m.

My reading of the rumour circulating is that LCC might shortly announce the next step in the proceedings to get housing going in the area. They have previously said they would like to do that in September, so they have slipped a little. Whether that specifically references the stadium we'll have to wait and see. But a unilateral announcement by council that a private business is about to submit a planning application to extend its premises would be unusual to say the least.

Notwithstanding, clearly no-one is moving out of any homes until they have somewhere to go. That's unlikely to be for another 18 months at best. Which would put us into 2014.

[Edit: Seems the BBC would go with that too... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19935925]

I can see real difficulties in doing anything else other than it says in that BBC article.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:44:38 am by Peter McGurk »

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #975 on: October 13, 2012, 08:45:21 pm »
Finally!

Offline ankit_kop

• Boys Pen
« Reply #976 on: October 13, 2012, 09:15:30 pm »
The slower the redevelopment, the less stress from the level of borrowing and the safer and more productive the outcome.

It is possible to not reduce capacity at all.

Arsenal earned ₤93.1m in 2010/11. We could expect to ultimately target ₤72m with the hope rather than the expectation that in a great year we might reach ₤84m.

My reading of the rumour circulating is that LCC might shortly announce the next step in the proceedings to get housing going in the area. They have previously said they would like to do that in September, so they have slipped a little. Whether that specifically references the stadium we'll have to wait and see. But a unilateral announcement by council that a private business is about to submit a planning application to extend its premises would be unusual to say the least.

Notwithstanding, clearly no-one is moving out of any homes until they have somewhere to go. That's unlikely to be for another 18 months at best. Which would put us into 2014.

[Edit: Seems the BBC would go with that too... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19935925]

Thanks for sharing that pal !

last question , will anfield remain expandable after this expansion?

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: October 13, 2012, 09:29:11 pm »
I doubt that there will be as much borrowing as we think there is. Remember the new TV rights deal will kick in then, and we will be roughly 30-40 extra what we have now anyway each year. So if the stadium is expanded gradually, really there will be no big hit. Of course this will mean that there probably be a few years with no 35m purchases, but comparing a 150m cost to a 300m one really shows why Anfield is the best option financially.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: October 13, 2012, 10:12:27 pm »
@Peter, So which stands are going to be redeveloped? Is it going to be just the Anfield Road end or the Main Stand will be expanded as well? And if so, will they have to demolish these stands and build new ones instead of it or add a new tier to the existing one without any demolishing?
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #979 on: October 13, 2012, 10:15:25 pm »
The main stand is the most obvious to do first surely?

Old, cramped and little room for corporate facilities....

Then the Annie road which could have been done so much better in the first place
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #980 on: October 13, 2012, 10:28:04 pm »
If they are planning to build up over the top of another stand, they may begin there as it means little/no disruption to the fans. If not, logically they would start with the smallest capacity first I would imagine then once it´s complete use the increase to temporarily rehouse people while they build up the rest.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: October 13, 2012, 10:48:52 pm »
Peter I have heard the main stand and anfield road stands are to be redeveloped (which seems logical) do you hink the kop and centenary will be touched at all, or will they be left as is, and do you think our capacity will be any higher than 60k or is that the ceiling they are looking at.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: October 13, 2012, 10:56:11 pm »
Get In! Very happy with this decision. Well done LFC just waiting for official now.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: October 13, 2012, 11:28:08 pm »
Yes! Finally this saga looks like it's coming to an end!
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: October 14, 2012, 01:44:56 pm »
Joe Anderson on twitter saying he will be announcing news regarding regeneration in Anfield on Monday.

I'm at the age now where I'm starting to consider where to settle down with a family, when I start one, coming from Anfield I've always been envious of the South End of the city. However wih the correct infrastructure & investment the Anfield/Everton area would be a good place to live.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: October 14, 2012, 06:22:51 pm »
So is it time to rename this sub-forum as 'The Old Stadium'?
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline markymark34

• Boys Pen
« Reply #986 on: October 14, 2012, 08:04:29 pm »
So is it time to rename this sub-forum as 'The Old Stadium'?

Good point!
I wonder how much redevelopment will go on.  Its not just the seats that need increased.  Facilities are very poor.

Any sign of specific details?

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: October 14, 2012, 08:12:19 pm »
Good point!
I wonder how much redevelopment will go on.  Its not just the seats that need increased.  Facilities are very poor.

Any sign of specific details?

It's a LCC announcement so I'd be surprised if we get any information on redevelopment yet. The regeneration work needs to start before anything can be done by the club, certainly before anything concrete can be announced.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: October 14, 2012, 08:14:51 pm »
If they are planning to build up over the top of another stand, they may begin there as it means little/no disruption to the fans. If not, logically they would start with the smallest capacity first I would imagine then once it´s complete use the increase to temporarily rehouse people while they build up the rest.

Would be great if they did that, so there is little loss of seats whilst it happens but each stand is brought up to a fantastic standard before the next one begins.

Offline markymark34

• Boys Pen
« Reply #989 on: October 14, 2012, 08:27:00 pm »
It's a LCC announcement so I'd be surprised if we get any information on redevelopment yet. The regeneration work needs to start before anything can be done by the club, certainly before anything concrete can be announced.
fair enough, guess im just impatient! Love Anfield but its way behind many of the top stadiums in terms of facilities.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: October 14, 2012, 08:40:08 pm »
fair enough, guess im just impatient! Love Anfield but its way behind many of the top stadiums in terms of facilities.

I know what you mean but there are so many obstacles to overcome to get it done. It's why for years people thought redevelopment wasn't possible. It's taken the council being determined to regenerate the area that has opened the opportunity for the club to redev the stadium.

Unfortunately regeneration might take a while as any resident still there and affected has to be bought out or a CPO enforced. Legal action would delay it a lot if no negotiation can be worked out.

Offline markymark34

• Boys Pen
« Reply #991 on: October 14, 2012, 08:45:58 pm »
I know what you mean but there are so many obstacles to overcome to get it done. It's why for years people thought redevelopment wasn't possible. It's taken the council being determined to regenerate the area that has opened the opportunity for the club to redev the stadium.

Unfortunately regeneration might take a while as any resident still there and affected has to be bought out or a CPO enforced. Legal action would delay it a lot if no negotiation can be worked out.

Certainly wont be easy.  I guess when you see what can be achieved in a modern stadium like the Aviva its obvious how much more money LFC could be getting.  In the aviva you can leave your seat for 5 mins at half time and have a toilet trip and a pint. No chance in the current Anfield.  Would like to see us get near the likes of Arsenal in terms of income.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: October 14, 2012, 09:03:04 pm »
Certainly wont be easy.  I guess when you see what can be achieved in a modern stadium like the Aviva its obvious how much more money LFC could be getting.  In the aviva you can leave your seat for 5 mins at half time and have a toilet trip and a pint. No chance in the current Anfield.  Would like to see us get near the likes of Arsenal in terms of income.

Arsenal has one huge advantage on us in location. No shortage of corporate spending from the city of London companies. Not sure what percentage of their match day revenue it constitutes (I've seen numbers like 30%) but they have lots of demand and can charge higher presumably therefore then we ever could.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #993 on: October 14, 2012, 09:04:08 pm »
Arsenal has one huge advantage on us in location. No shortage of corporate spending from the city of London companies. Not sure what percentage of their match day revenue it constitutes (I've seen numbers like 30%) but they have lots of demand and can charge higher presumably therefore then we ever could.

Not just that though, they also charge ridiculous amounts for season tickets.

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: October 14, 2012, 09:07:03 pm »
can someone who is more clued up on these matters answer this - it seems there is one resident who is not letting the valuers into his house and refusing to move. so it seems that the only option on this issue would be the compulsory purchase order. what is the chances of this being granted and how long does it take?
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE £20 BET

Offline markymark34

• Boys Pen
« Reply #995 on: October 14, 2012, 09:21:54 pm »
can someone who is more clued up on these matters answer this - it seems there is one resident who is not letting the valuers into his house and refusing to move. so it seems that the only option on this issue would be the compulsory purchase order. what is the chances of this being granted and how long does it take?

The CPO can happen fairly quickly the problem is when the resident decides to protest.  Thats that can delay things for months.  Certainly thats the trend over here anyway.
2 of my friends have had CPOs that was more than 12 months ago now.

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: October 14, 2012, 09:28:03 pm »
The CPO can happen fairly quickly the problem is when the resident decides to protest.  Thats that can delay things for months.  Certainly thats the trend over here anyway.
2 of my friends have had CPOs that was more than 12 months ago now.

I read that for the CPO to be granted it needs to be in the public interest. Can redeveloping a private owned football ground so that extra income is generated really be seen as in the public interest?
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE £20 BET

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #997 on: October 14, 2012, 09:32:28 pm »
I read that for the CPO to be granted it needs to be in the public interest. Can redeveloping a private owned football ground so that extra income is generated really be seen as in the public interest?

Extra 15,000 ( 500,000 a year?) people potentially coming into the city, increasing spend in the city and creating jobs....that'll be the public benefit pitch.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: October 14, 2012, 09:32:30 pm »

The regeneration (with it's accompanying CPO) and the redevelopment of Anfield have nothing to do with each other. The latter can be done if the former is but the former need not have the latter as its end result to make it worthwhile, i.e. the area is horrendous and needs fixing either way. So the CPO is all about fixing up a run down public area and not about allowing private companies to benefit.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: October 14, 2012, 09:34:13 pm »
Extra 15,000 ( 500,000 a year?) people potentially coming into the city, increasing spend in the city and creating jobs....that'll be the public benefit pitch.

That's true too but more of a secondary thing. The public benefit to removing a run down area has got to be the primary concern of the council. Fiscal rewards of the extra fans will be a nice bonus.