Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool Ryan Jiro Gravenberch  (Read 156213 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Ryan Jiro Gravenberch
« Reply #240 on: September 4, 2023, 09:45:54 pm »
I've always maintained all dutch footballers are either the angel/devil archetype - for every seedorf, gakpo or kuyt there's a van persie, bergkamp or heitinga.

van basten, koemen and reizeger are all absolute pricks - and man-children to boot. imagine those two managers having a whinge about him to the press, instead of being professional and just talking directly to him. it's like ten haag - they have a habit of giving away way too much of what happens behind closed doors

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: September 4, 2023, 09:54:45 pm »
I’ve got a lot of respect for Ryan making that decision. He would have been told to expect some backlash, but he’s put his future and the club first.

I find it confusing those dicks, like Koeman, complaining can’t see why he made the decision. They just sound like pigheaded nationalists.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: September 4, 2023, 10:14:31 pm »
I love the decision he's made especially since he would have known there would be backlash. The detractors of this guy all talk about a lack of commitment and then moaning about not playing. I don't see Klopp putting up with that so this is a great start. Nobody doubts the talent Ryan has, it seems to be all about application.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: September 4, 2023, 10:18:11 pm »
If Sharkman and Sonny Silooy start moaning about it, I'll be very disappointed.

My Goat's would never.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: September 4, 2023, 11:09:17 pm »
Under 21 friendly, 4 weeks into a very important season for us and him. The whole state of it can fuck off, as well as anyone taking offense. Dramatic.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: September 4, 2023, 11:12:10 pm »
Why would he even want to play for Koeman after this? Fuck him and fuck the Dutch national team, or any national teams for that matter. Club before country always.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #246 on: September 4, 2023, 11:15:56 pm »
Van Basten sticking his beak in now.

Just waiting for the ghost of Rinus Michels, ghost of Johan Cruyff, Ruud Gullit, Johan Neeskens and Frank Rijkaard and my mate Shark to have their say now.
I've got one ear out for Vincent van Gogh's opinion on this
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: September 5, 2023, 12:42:45 am »
Not like the Dutch football establishment to have loud unsolicited and hypocritical opinions on Gravenberch's completely personal and extremely valid reasons for withdrawing from a pointless U21 squad.

Arseholes.

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: September 5, 2023, 12:56:29 am »
Why would he even want to play for Koeman after this? Fuck him and fuck the Dutch national team, or any national teams for that matter. Club before country always.
He still will. Rightly so as well. Most players will hold their national team success above the club game. It was the right choice for him to skipp the u21s but there's no way he would have if it was the seniors.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #249 on: September 5, 2023, 01:43:23 am »
If Gravenberch finds top form under Klopp, Koeman and company will change their tune quickly. They'll pretend they never said a thing.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: September 5, 2023, 01:43:50 am »
He already has 11 caps for the Dutch senior team. He was put back into the Under 21's to face the might of Moldova Under 21's.  If the Dutch are shit scared of Moldova Under 21's and they need Gravenberch then the Dutch generation coming up is shit as fuck. 

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #251 on: September 5, 2023, 01:45:32 am »
Mountains out of mole hills, but I think that whole situation could have been handled more gracefully. His agent could have informed the coach that due to Ryan's move he intends to stay with the club for the first international break, the coach could not have called him up, and all would have been nice and dandy.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #252 on: September 5, 2023, 02:00:40 am »
If Gravenberch finds top form under Klopp, Koeman and company will change their tune quickly. They'll pretend they never said a thing.

;D

100%

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #253 on: September 5, 2023, 02:01:48 am »
Mountains out of mole hills, but I think that whole situation could have been handled more gracefully. His agent could have informed the coach that due to Ryan's move he intends to stay with the club for the first international break, the coach could not have called him up, and all would have been nice and dandy.

Also 100%
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #254 on: September 5, 2023, 06:20:47 am »
I've got one ear out for Vincent van Gogh's opinion on this

Well played sir. Well played.  ;D
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 5, 2023, 06:56:38 am »
If Sharkman and Sonny Silooy start moaning about it, I'll be very disappointed.
Sonny Silooy. Always like that name. Another one was Jan Jongbloed
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 5, 2023, 07:37:55 am »
Well in Ryan - one weekend in and he's caused an international incident. Love him already

National FAs - every single one - can all get to absolute fuck. I'll never understand the masochism from footballers as a whole, with the collectivism available to them with their unions, that they still in 2023 tolerate being lorded over by a bunch of old men in suits who never played football.

They're throwing their toys out the pram over not having a substitute available for their Championship level group games (despite dropping him for shite at the world cup) - no sign of compassion from any of his managers (former players too) for him having just arrived in a new city for a new job.

Forgive me carra but I did find your, shall we say, strong take, quite amusing given this just above it from Ghost.

It's just part of the way everything has to be absolutist these days. There seems little room for considered, thoughtful reactions that take context and other factors into account. A lot of it is driven by 'optics' a notion so dumb it was clearly devised by someone who had been at the other type of optics.

Hmm, does that sound a bit absolutist?

Anyway, good on Gravenberch for staying back. Much, much better for him to get used to living here, sorting the sorts of stuff involved in moving country and getting settled in at work than jetting off for the u21s.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #257 on: September 5, 2023, 07:42:45 am »
Staying behind to focus on his Liverpool career? I thought Gravenberch had an attitude problem?

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #258 on: September 5, 2023, 07:43:27 am »

Passed away last week aged 82 - RIP
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #259 on: September 5, 2023, 07:55:36 am »
I hope big Virg is on the phone to that dick reiziger telling him to do one

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: September 5, 2023, 08:42:18 am »
Its actually a win for the Dutch U21s. He gets up to speed with Klopps tactics, they work on his fitness, he trains with the best midfield in the world, he starts to get game time, he's ready to go when they actually need him to be.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: September 5, 2023, 08:51:19 am »

Yep, and even though it played out the way it did, you'd expect Koeman to remain amicable and say something along the lines of "Of course it's disappointing but I understand Ryan's decision since he's made a big move for his career and it's important for him to integrate into his new club. Ryan finding form at Liverpool will benefit the international team in the future so whilst I wish he could be with us, I understand his reasons and look forward to seeing him during the next international break".

Instead, he chose to hang him out to dry. Ridiculous comments from a manager.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: September 5, 2023, 08:56:09 am »
The Dutch under 21 are playing Moldavia and North Macedonia - if they cannot win those two matches without Gravenbirch, the Dutch have much bigger problems. If these national team managers can think beyond the immediate short term (which they clearly cannot), they should have realised immediately it will only be of help to Gravenbirch's future for the national team if he can settle in as fast as possible for his new club in the toughest and most physical league in the world and earn a regular place in the Liverpool first team and improve as fast as possible. This is especially so given that he has been going backwards for the whole of last season at Munich which was a wasted year at such a crucial stage of his development. But of course they only reveal their own total lack of any concern for the player and his ability to fulfil his vast potential and their preoccupation to exploit him for th ehere and now as much as possible. 

Kudos to Gravenbirch for showing his commitment to his new club.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 08:58:01 am by ThePoolMan »

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: September 5, 2023, 09:24:18 am »
Dutch people provided their opinions on something? Shocking.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: September 5, 2023, 09:25:40 am »
Good for us.
You can sense he will be out of the Netherlands squads for a few camps now.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: September 5, 2023, 09:41:52 am »
Forgive me carra but I did find your, shall we say, strong take, quite amusing given this just above it from Ghost.
hahaha nice juxtaposition - I don't think (but cant remember) I'd read posts above, so think it was a funny coincidence rather than inception!

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #266 on: September 5, 2023, 09:55:14 am »
Ok - it is still absolutely stupid!  Especially as by the age of 23, 95% of players who are destined for the top should be better than starting piddling U21 games.  If the idea is that they should be able to play all the games - then make it genuinely under the age of 21 at the start of qualifying (or even better under 20) - qualifying matches have barely started and players are already 21! 

The problem with that is smaller nations (i.e. Ireland, Republic of), might only have a handful of talents every decade or so. If they started qualifying and got their team to the tournament, but then weren't allowed play, the team would get absolutely hockied and the player themselves would be denied an international tournament by dint of timing. So, to make it fairer for all, they allow players who start a campaign to finish a campaign.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: September 5, 2023, 10:37:44 am »
The problem with that is smaller nations (i.e. Ireland, Republic of), might only have a handful of talents every decade or so. If they started qualifying and got their team to the tournament, but then weren't allowed play, the team would get absolutely hockied and the player themselves would be denied an international tournament by dint of timing. So, to make it fairer for all, they allow players who start a campaign to finish a campaign.

I understand that - that's why I suggested the birth year should be moved earlier - my major issue is that with this rule, it means that a player that has established himself in the senior squad (which Ryan had until Koeman came back) could, say, go to the Under 21s this year, the Euros next year, the Under 21s again in 2025, then the WC in 2026 - effectively having 4 summers were they are playing a month long tournament - but someone who is slightly older would would have 2 of the summers off. 

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: September 5, 2023, 10:51:33 am »
Boo hoo he doesn’t want to play against Malaria and North Malaria. Shut it Keyman
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline Aeon

• Main Stander
« Reply #269 on: September 5, 2023, 11:03:35 am »
Ηi friends, I live in shitty Belgium. I am not Belgian, Dutch ot British.

I think Belgians and Dutch would compete for the title of the worst of humanity, if there was such competition.

Their lack of perspective and their thickness surprise you every day.

I hope this helps the conversation.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #270 on: September 5, 2023, 11:04:30 am »

I think Belgians and Dutch would compete for the title of the worst of humanity, if there was such competition.

Thanks for clearing things up.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: September 5, 2023, 11:43:46 am »
Austin Powers needs to weigh in here.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #272 on: September 5, 2023, 11:48:01 am »

Sydney’s brother?

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #273 on: September 5, 2023, 02:36:15 pm »

I reckon the agent probably did that but they picked him anyway to try and prove some point. I'm sure the Netherlands captain will be asking Koeman what the fuck he was playing at digging out his new club teammate like that.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: September 5, 2023, 03:09:32 pm »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #275 on: September 5, 2023, 04:17:27 pm »
Anyone concerned that Pep Ljinders maybe in his ear touting his ‘tactics tome’?

Ryan May wish he’d turned up with his boots for the kick around with Moldova. ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: September 6, 2023, 12:17:06 am »
 ;D

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #277 on: September 6, 2023, 06:19:11 am »
His body language gives me a little bit of the Gini vibes, mostly because i miss Gini's wide smile and crinkly eyes, but it'd be nice to have someone with that sort of personality again in the locker room.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #278 on: September 6, 2023, 06:45:19 am »
;D

‘…and then he laughed when I said you’re a good coach’.

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #279 on: September 6, 2023, 08:00:30 am »

As a fellow expat living in Belgium, this is a bit harsh. I love this place!