Author Topic: 2030 World Cup: Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay, Spain, Portugal and Morocco  (Read 9372 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: 2030 World Cup: Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay, Spain, Portugal and Morocco
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2023, 07:37:50 pm »
South America gave up an entire World Cup for three group games in this tournament …

It’s the heart of football, yet theocratic hell holes get priority
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2023, 08:06:46 pm »
Ah well guess it's another world cup i'll be skipping. Didn't bother with the last one and really didn't miss much.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2023, 08:12:43 pm »
South America gave up an entire World Cup for three group games in this tournament …

I think South America as a whole should've asked for the World Cup in 2030 if  one or two countries were not financially capable of holding it.

Now the next time South America can bid will be 2042.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2023, 08:43:01 pm »
I think South America as a whole should've asked for the World Cup in 2030 if  one or two countries were not financially capable of holding it.

Now the next time South America can bid will be 2042.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2023, 09:13:36 pm »
Is there a single person who isn't surprised by this?
The sportwashers c*nts have taken over everything.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2023, 09:36:58 pm »
They paid a ton of famous ex-boxers and music artists like Eminem and Kanye to attend the Fury-Ngannou fight this past weekend, and they even had some shitty mini concert before the fight. Expect more of that shite in 2034.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2023, 10:10:11 pm »

Can they afford to stage it ???

Reality is that bald c*nt has promised Saudi the WC.

Being honest does it matter I didnt watch a single minute of Qatar and I detest international footy anyway.

Hope there is some breakaway where its gets binned off its 2nd rate and most managers are shite too

Offline Szobosslad

• Kemlynite
« Reply #127 on: November 1, 2023, 12:55:58 am »
Football is dead, and the only reason I'm remotely interested is down to this club, Klopp and the lads playing for us. By 2034 it's going to get even worse than what it is right now.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 1, 2023, 01:10:22 am »
KSA submitted its “comprehensive plan” just 65 minutes after the announcement was made regarding the bidding process.

The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) promptly endorsed the Saudi bid, while Australia, Indonesia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore were still trying to recover from the shock of the sudden October 31 deadline.

Indonesia threw in the towel on October 19 and Australia was the last one to fall.

The Guardian’s Jack Snape reported “Australia had been issued indirect warnings by some of football’s most powerful administrators not to bid”.

According to Yahoo, it was Infantino himself who attempted to “dissuade” Australia and Indonesia. The report claims Infantino told the presidents of all AFC nations, including Australia, they should unite behind one bid.

That was followed by a message from AFC president Sheikh Salman that “explicitly” called for unanimous support for Saudi Arabia.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Szobosslad

• Kemlynite
« Reply #129 on: November 1, 2023, 01:34:21 am »
Who knew Infantino would be an even bigger scumbag than Blatter.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 1, 2023, 02:00:53 am »
Disappointed on a personal level that I’ll miss out on the chance of seeing Australia and New Zealand host a World Cup. But ultimately it’s better off not putting in a pointless bid and wasting tax payer dollars like the 2022 bid.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 1, 2023, 02:16:49 am »
Nothing wrong with saudi arabia getting the world cup. Everyone will criticise, then go there have a great time and come back with a bag full of money, all the important people will get rich out of it and get treated like kings.

Everyone else can do one, if you dont like it dont watch. Becks will be there, with Ronaldo Messi and mike Tyson. All smiling ambassadors telling you not to knock MBS until you tried him.

Who the hell do you think you are.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 1, 2023, 08:29:57 am »
KSA submitted its “comprehensive plan” just 65 minutes after the announcement was made regarding the bidding process.

The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) promptly endorsed the Saudi bid, while Australia, Indonesia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore were still trying to recover from the shock of the sudden October 31 deadline.

Indonesia threw in the towel on October 19 and Australia was the last one to fall.

The Guardian’s Jack Snape reported “Australia had been issued indirect warnings by some of football’s most powerful administrators not to bid”.

According to Yahoo, it was Infantino himself who attempted to “dissuade” Australia and Indonesia. The report claims Infantino told the presidents of all AFC nations, including Australia, they should unite behind one bid.

That was followed by a message from AFC president Sheikh Salman that “explicitly” called for unanimous support for Saudi Arabia.

Nothing to see here then.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 1, 2023, 08:45:51 am »
I’d guess this Saudi WC means it will be another winter job, therefore same messing with domestic footie schedules incoming for that season, as per the Qatar WC.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 1, 2023, 09:03:42 am »
It'll be great. Beheaddie Howe said so incase he gets beheaded.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #135 on: November 1, 2023, 10:58:32 am »
You can’t say fifa aren’t progressive

Russian World Cup - same sex relationships frowned upon and not ‘normal’

Qatar World Cup - same sex relationships punishable by jail

Saudi World Cup - same sex relationships punishable by death

The fact these are the hosts of some of the recent world cups tells you all you need to know

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 1, 2023, 12:19:54 pm »
Another World Cup i won't be watching a minute of so although the way things are going it's only a matter of years before we will be playing champions league or some other sort of competition in these shithole backward nations on an annual basis anyway so i'll be finished with football by that time anyway.

Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 1, 2023, 12:21:05 pm »

The fact these are the hosts of some of the recent world cups tells you all you need to know

Not forgetting Russia had just invaded Crimea and FIFA still let them go ahead with it.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 1, 2023, 12:49:36 pm »
I’d guess this Saudi WC means it will be another winter job, therefore same messing with domestic footie schedules incoming for that season, as per the Qatar WC.

So much to look forward to.

I won't be watching a fucking second of it.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #139 on: November 1, 2023, 12:54:53 pm »
Refusing to help innocent civilians and babies in the Israeli genocide of Palestine but are fine to put on concerts for boxing and hosting a World Cup that no one wants to see..

Saudi c*nts

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #140 on: November 1, 2023, 01:48:50 pm »
Seriously, why aren't the major footballing nations and clubs breaking away from the corrupt shitfest that is FIFA?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 1, 2023, 01:51:16 pm »
Refusing to help innocent civilians and babies in the Israeli genocide of Palestine but are fine to put on concerts for boxing and hosting a World Cup that no one wants to see..

Saudi c*nts
They're just c*nts that no-one likes. Their silence is deafening.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 1, 2023, 01:57:53 pm »
Have Budweiser endorsed this yet?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #143 on: November 1, 2023, 03:26:18 pm »

You couldn't make it up, could you?

Yet I read this quote form Infantino this morning:

"As we live in an increasingly divided and aggressive world, we show once again that football, the leading global sport, unites like nothing else."

:butt

No, you clown. All it shows is that football will wallow in any gutter just so long as it's awash with bloodsoaked cash. It also shows that those running the game are vile, disgusting, corrupt scumbags bereft of any moral fibre. The only people it's uniting are the greedy, the immoral and the corrupt and the only thing they are leading is the queue to the trough where their snouts hoover up the money.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2023, 03:29:28 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #144 on: November 1, 2023, 04:15:52 pm »

playing in Spain in July in 2030 won't be much worse than Saudi would be..... hope no midday Seville games!
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #145 on: November 1, 2023, 05:02:17 pm »

'World Cup bid process makes a mockery of green pledges – it’s time for reform':-

Handling of the 2030 and 2034 tournaments undermines Fifa’s environmental commitments, but it doesn’t have to be like this

www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/01/world-cup-bid-process-makes-a-mockery-of-green-pledges-its-time-for-reform

^ Fifa’s decision to host the 2030 men’s World Cup across six different countries, requiring intensive travel, is just one way it has compromised its climate commitments

'There has been a lot of criticism of Fifa’s plans to host the 2030 men’s World Cup across six countries (Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay) and to relax the minimum number of existing stadiums required to host the 2034 tournament, a key decision that will inevitably lead to a successful Saudi Arabia bid. These have quite rightly raised eyebrows – climate has clearly not been at the heart of the decisions.

If fan travel makes up roughly 70% of football’s carbon footprint, how can Fifa plan to halve its emissions in the same year it hosts a tournament in three continents? And given that infrastructure is a big source of emissions around mega-events, what commitment is Fifa showing to the planet when it encourages more building in Saudi Arabia by reducing the minimum number of compliant existing stadiums from seven to four but keeping the final number of suitable stadiums at 14?'
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 1, 2023, 05:23:28 pm »
It's an informative article, but no one should even pretend any more that FIFA are other than utterly corrupt servants of oily oligarchs and tyrants. It's a folly to pretend otherwise, and the more journalists that call it out the better at this point. FIFA, like their masters, couldn't give two shits about the planet, or the consequences of their decisions. It could not be clearer.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2023, 09:33:03 pm by Ma Vie en Rouge »

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 1, 2023, 07:44:12 pm »
It's actually incredible how obvious they've made the corruption, yet fuck all will be done.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 2, 2023, 12:02:32 am »
CONMEBOL only have 10 members. They really should consider a joint bid in the future.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 2, 2023, 04:22:36 am »
Still haven’t picked the hosts for the 2027 Women’s World Cup but they’re rushing ahead with all this crap.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #150 on: November 3, 2023, 12:34:05 pm »

'How Saudi Arabia BOUGHT The FIFA World Cup' - by HITC Sevens:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZT-VVNEBm9o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZT-VVNEBm9o</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/ZT-VVNEBm9o

This is also a good watch from them (as is their content on the Qatar World Cup)...

'Why Is No One Watching Football In Saudi Arabia?':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LDAgWWShFkw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LDAgWWShFkw</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/LDAgWWShFkw
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #151 on: November 5, 2023, 12:13:27 am »

'Clownish populist Infantino is complicit in Saudi Arabia’s colonisation of football' - by Jonathan Wilson:-

Gulf state’s land grab for 2034 World Cup is yet another example of cartoonish Fifa overlord putting self-interest before football

www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/nov/04/clownish-populist-infantino-is-complicit-in-saudi-arabias-colonisation-of-football

^ Fifa’s president, Gianni Infantino, has attacked his accusers as ‘poor, envious and corrupt’.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2023, 12:37:19 am »
https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1725195596653293673

Exclusive: Saudi oil giant Aramco set to become major Fifa sponsor.

Comes after Saudi Arabia confirmed as only bid for 2034 World Cup.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2023, 10:35:16 pm »
https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1725195596653293673

That's fantastic. Imagine the cost saved from having the world's biggest polluter giving you all the free fuel to put on a WC on 3 continents.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
So the NEOM Project which was suppose to be the centrepiece for KSA hosting the WC has been scaled back from being 170kms long to be measly 2.5kms.

Obviously the mix of build has changed as the original had 1.5m residents over 170kms while now its 300k residents over 2.5kms. That's some serious density.

https://thecradle.co/articles-id/24316

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Such a shame the final won't be in Antartica