Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 429512 times)

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #1720 on: March 27, 2012, 04:56:26 am »
His assessment of his own performances is realistic and a good sign. He's neither overly negative nor clueless. He has done the basics (perhaps not as much on the defensive/shielding side) and has indeed shown some glimpses of that little bit 'extra'.

Hendo appears more Lucas in his demeanor and deference to 'authority' (managerial or senior player) than Jonjo. Jonjo appears to be a 'nutter', but in a good way. He's not quite as good yet as he thinks he is, but he's certainly not 'timid'.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline flying red

• Kopite
« Reply #1721 on: March 27, 2012, 05:03:40 am »
Henderson is getting the same treatment as Lucas. Like Lucas, he hasn't done much wrong – he's been tidy, played at a good tempo, but has been fairly timid.

He needs to take more risks and show more bottle, imposing himself more on games. But his biggest problems aren't within his control – the £16m price tag is a heavy burden and being played too much at a relatively early stage of his career is doing him no favours. He's been likened to Gerrard but I don't see the same fierce drive and determination to succeed.

I actually reckon he was a bad buy, because he's contributed at the level of a £3m player, but cost us far more – we could have scouted him for another season. If he'd stayed at Sunderland and played like he has for us, there wouldn't have been too many top teams competing for his signature and his valuation probably wouldn't have changed.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:05:36 am by flying red »

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #1722 on: March 27, 2012, 05:13:47 am »
The problem with Henderson is that he is being used as a first team player.... If he was signed as an emerging talent, shouldn't he be used sparingly and given some time to adjust to our style of play (if we do have one....)??

Yet he's been thrown in week in week out at RM, CM, M&M etc... 

And if people say that it is because we don't have cover in these positions, who were the geniuses to let 3(Italian guy, Portuguese guy and yes, even Pacheco) go without bringing in any quality replacements...

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1723 on: March 27, 2012, 08:35:44 am »
JORDAN HENDERSON has delivered a blunt appraisal of his fortunes during his first season at Liverpool, but will not run from the challenge of winning round the sceptics.
Midfielder Henderson said he has been “too safe” in his performances and admitted his form has been “up and down” since his arrival from Sunderland last summer in a £16million deal.
“I’ve done the basics, but when I watch matches back I’ve not shown that cutting edge which I believe that I have got,” said Henderson.

From The Express.

I like that he's come out with that. He is gonna be a great player for us once he settles in and gets used to the expectations.

Sounds more honest about his own performances than 75% of RAWK.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1724 on: March 27, 2012, 08:37:02 am »

You and Fordy should get a room
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Jordan Henderson
« Reply #1725 on: March 27, 2012, 08:37:59 am »

Sounds exactly like what most people on RAWK have said. I can't see him calling himself a shithouse with no talent and no future at the club.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: March 27, 2012, 08:57:33 am »
You and Fordy should get a room

:)

I'll never understand how thinking a player is not good enough for your team and backing up your idea with arguments is heresy on RAWK- if it goes against the grain.

For example, early in the season I was in the minority who thought Andy Carroll was not good enough for us and got shouted down. A few months later, the majority think the same and it's now Ok to say it.

Adam's been called alot worse than what I said about Henderson, with people celebrating when he's out. Double standards is bewildering.

I have nothing against Henderson as a person. Could be a nice boy for all I know. I just don't think he's got the mentality to play for the club I've supported for 26 years and will continue to love until the day I die.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #1727 on: March 27, 2012, 09:04:35 am »
I'll never understand how thinking a player is not good enough for your team and backing up your idea with arguments is heresy on RAWK- if it goes against the grain.

But you haven't done that though!

It's just been "I think Henderson is shite", "Henderson is a shit house" "Henderson will never be good enough" over and over again.

All the people opposing you have been saying is that Henderson is far from the finished article, look how long Lucas took and to afford him some patience.

Repeating "I don't need to wait, I know Henderson will always be shite" isn't debating things.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: March 27, 2012, 09:08:22 am »
Saw his comments at work tonight. Some good self-analysis there. Lets hope he can be a bit more adventurous. Certainly needs to do more and play less safe.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1729 on: March 27, 2012, 09:17:16 am »
And p.s. please stop forcing me onto the same side as Geoffstrong, it puts me in a very uncomfortable position.

I don't want to end up drinking the kool-aid with A@A.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1730 on: March 27, 2012, 09:24:15 am »
Agger just started his Liverpool career. 

This is what Agger did around the time he turned 20..

In July 2004, he was moved from the youth squad to the first team, following the departure of Swedish international defender Andreas Jakobsson. Daniel Agger quickly established himself not only as a first team regular, but as one of the key components in the team that won the 2004–05 Danish Superliga championship. Despite his relative youth, he played with great authority and class under the guidance of Brøndby team captain Per Nielsen, and after the first half of the season Agger was named 2004 "talent of the year" by Spillerforeningen (the Danish equivalent of the English PFA).

After the successful Superliga 2004–05 season, Agger was called up to the senior Danish national football team for the 1–0 friendly win against Finland on 2 June 2005, playing the full match. Agger spent the next national team match on the bench before playing the full 4–1 friendly win on 17 August 2005 over England alongside Per Nielsen, where he caused problems for the English forwards, most notably Wayne Rooney. He played the whole 90 minutes in the next two national team matches, before an injury sustained in the 2005–06 Danish Superliga season in September forced him out for the remainder of 2005. Only 20 years of age, Daniel Agger was awarded the Danish "talent of the year" of all sports on 6 December 2005.

It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1731 on: March 27, 2012, 09:30:07 am »
:)

For example, early in the season I was in the minority who thought Andy Carroll was not good enough for us and got shouted down. A few months later, the majority think the same and it's now Ok to say it.

Adam's been called alot worse than what I said about Henderson, with people celebrating when he's out. Double standards is bewildering.

I have nothing against Henderson as a person. Could be a nice boy for all I know. I just don't think he's got the mentality to play for the club I've supported for 26 years and will continue to love until the day I die.

your argument against henderson is that he doesn't have the mentality to play for this club.

there was an article somewhere on this boards where bellamy worked on his mentality to come back a better player.(assuming your right).

i think if he can come out and put his hand up like that then his mentality is no where near as bad as you seem to think it is.

bringing carroll into it is strange.ask most people and they will agree that a player is in there.but his style is clearly not what we need right now.henderson's style suits what we are trying to become
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Jarbles

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1732 on: March 27, 2012, 09:39:18 am »
Still young, give him time and he'll improve.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #1733 on: March 27, 2012, 09:39:53 am »
You seriously have no credibility lad

The irony  ;D
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1734 on: March 27, 2012, 10:15:53 am »
JORDAN HENDERSON has delivered a blunt appraisal of his fortunes during his first season at Liverpool, but will not run from the challenge of winning round the sceptics.
Midfielder Henderson said he has been “too safe” in his performances and admitted his form has been “up and down” since his arrival from Sunderland last summer in a £16million deal.
“I’ve done the basics, but when I watch matches back I’ve not shown that cutting edge which I believe that I have got,” said Henderson.

From The Express.

I like that he's come out with that. He is gonna be a great player for us once he settles in and gets used to the expectations.

Now, THAT is the sort of attitude I want to see from the players! The abilty to be critical of himself and to analysse his own peformance fairly and to see how and where he needs to improve and change things. Good on the lad, I say.

This is the same attitude that I hope that Dalglish, Clarke and Comolli are applying to the way they have done things this season, so that they can do much better for next season.

Offline KK Legend

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1735 on: March 27, 2012, 10:26:01 am »
It's chronic.

Our entire support has no foresight.

Cant help but think Jonjo's being set up for one hell of a fall now. People are bigging him up because he's not playing enough to prove them wrong. As soon as he does and he isnt perfect the knives will come out for him as well.

Then Raheem will be built up, only so we can see him fall.

Perhaps, but maybe some of this "entire support" does have foresight or at least think they do and perhaps they think that whilst it is a good thing that Henderson is getting these games and playing time under his belt, it shouldn't be at the expense of every other 'young' player at the club who is either able to play in a similar position to him or can be accomodated in the side in place of him from time to time. Kenny isn't averse to trying different things is he, or is he only averse to trying different things when it's Henderson who would have to sit out?

We can't all have our cake and eat it most of the time, so for most to say he is a young player in his first season needing game time and should be shown patience is fair enough, I can agree with that. But when this young player is showing more than signs of it being too much for him and by that I'm not saying he is the sole cause of some of the very disappointing results this season or he'll never be good enough either when do we say ok, maybe it's time to rethink our strategy for the time being, let's change it up a bit and afford some of these other 'young' players who are champing at the bit the same patience and some game time so that they too also might benefit us in the same fashion Henderson might in the long run?

After his goal and considering the game against Wigan wouldn't radically change our league season one way or t'other,  I'm annoyed that Kenny didn't at least give Coates the shirt. I mean, if he is building a team for the future that Wigan game was just one of the ideal opportunities we've had recently to have shown Coates or others the same belief and backing that's been shown to Henderson throughout this season.

Sterling is also in a similar boat here as well I think, Downing has hardly set the pitch on fire has he and he especially has less of an excuse than Henderson? If we're saying it's a good long term strategy for Henderson to be playing even if he isn't playing particularly well and we have another player who hasn't showed the required level on numerous occassions in Stewart Downing why are we not treating some of the other 'young' players the same as Henderson?

For 'some' of our entire support this has less to do with building players up so that we can see them fall and inevitably bring the knives out, it's more about wanting the management and the coaching stafff to practice what most seem to be preaching in Hendersons' case. Is that so wrong?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1736 on: March 27, 2012, 10:38:24 am »

You've missed the point of the post.

I'm in no way adverse to giving the young lads games. I want Coates to start ahead of Carra. But then I wont be one of the ones getting on his back if he has a couple of bad games.

I want Sterling to get a few minutes, but again I wont be one of the ones writing him off and calling him overrated if he misses a few chances.

Just like with Henderson. Im not going to completely disregard a player who is in his first season with a new club, in a new city, at the age of 21, who's played more then he should have, in a team that's under performing as an entirity and who actually hasn't been that bad.

Coates, Sterling, Shelvey. They're all the 'answer' when they're not playing enough to prove otherwise.

The difference comes when these players go through a sticky patch. As Henderson's doing now.

More often then not its not support they get, its criticism. Just ask Lucas, or Insua.

Offline KK Legend

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1737 on: March 27, 2012, 11:59:29 am »
You've missed the point of the post.

I'm in no way adverse to giving the young lads games. I want Coates to start ahead of Carra. But then I wont be one of the ones getting on his back if he has a couple of bad games.

I want Sterling to get a few minutes, but again I wont be one of the ones writing him off and calling him overrated if he misses a few chances.

Just like with Henderson. Im not going to completely disregard a player who is in his first season with a new club, in a new city, at the age of 21, who's played more then he should have, in a team that's under performing as an entirity and who actually hasn't been that bad.

Coates, Sterling, Shelvey. They're all the 'answer' when they're not playing enough to prove otherwise.

The difference comes when these players go through a sticky patch. As Henderson's doing now.

More often then not its not support they get, its criticism. Just ask Lucas, or Insua.

I haven't missed the point of your post at all mate.

I chose to reply to your post specifically because of your choice of words "our entire support has no foresight".

If we're going to apply that statement to the entire support then surely the same can be said of Kenny and his staff and I've already posted my reasons for saying that.

On here it's mostly either one extreme or the other, you're either one of those who thinks you're the next Arsene Wenger or some scout from Ajax and you feel you're justified in your opinion to say that Henderson or A.N.Other will be the best thing since sliced bread and  some of the condescending essence in which those opinions are displayed makes you wonder why some of these people aren't managing Liverpool, Arsenal, Ajax or Bayern Munich.

And then you have the other side of the coin where people can be just as guilty of writing off a player without remorse, they too should be in management or coaching at these clubs if it's that easy.

To add to that is the idea and oft dragged out line if you're being critical of a player, the manager or the team on here, a forum for discussion and threads based on supposed debate surrounding these things that because you're being critical you can't be taken seriously as true supporter, seems ridiculous, sounds ridiculous but that's the way it is.

See I have a slight difference of opinion to you, I'd say Henderson has been in a sticky patch for most of the season, and not that it's any justification of my opinion but I've only missed seeing a couple of games so far and that's what 'I think' I've seen from the games I've witnessed. I think the other 10 players on the pitch at times have had to carry him (not just him mind) when as you rightly point out they have hardly been performing as an entity themselves. It's an obvious thing to say but the lack of form shown by Henderson and again not solely by him has caused by and large a disappointing league season.

I don't see any individual player as being the answer to any of our ails, all of them including Kenny are the answer as it stands, and that's all I want to see, that they are all pulling in the same direction and that each and every decision that they make is a decision that will or can benefit the club NOW, in the next match and for every other game after that. At times, especially in the league this season, my opinion and that's all it is, is that some of the decisions, Henderson playing so much when not playing so well, just being one of them, has been questionable.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1738 on: March 27, 2012, 12:02:35 pm »
You rest your case based on what you assume will happen next year? I hope you're not my public defender (ain't made of money here) if I ever wind up on trial!

I'm obviously a Henderson supporter, but if he hasn't improved by the halfway point next season I'll start agreeing with the people who are saying he's never been/will never be good enough for us. No shame in admitting you're wrong.

So really the only difference is that you are willing to wait halfway point next season. Many here are willing to wait forever just to prove Henderson will be great by having some patience.

It is important to understand that I have no problem with Henderson. Simply, I do not rate him as a first team player as of today. He better start sitting at the bench and allow other players to get a chance. Sadly, many here are sensitive bunch who take offense to anything.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1739 on: March 28, 2012, 04:31:42 am »
It is important to understand that I have no problem with Henderson.

Why is it important? You're just another anonymous forum member here. What makes your views on Henderson important, that they must be understood?

Simply, I do not rate him as a first team player as of today.

Entitled to you're opinion but it has no effect on the managers decisions - at all. Kenny doesn't care what you think - which is reassuring to me (and the all other Liverpool fans I imagine)

He better start sitting at the bench and allow other players to get a chance.

Yeah! Just refuse to play Jordan! Demand time on the bench! That is the stuff double 'ell', Liverpooll, here wants from his young midfielders. He wants you to decide when to play or not - regardless of what the manager says or does! Power to the players!!

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1740 on: March 28, 2012, 07:12:31 am »

From The Express.

Really good to see him acknowledge this. Which just goes to show how some on RAWK have completely overrated his general performance throughout the season.

Let's hope we can see more of this "cutting edge" he speaks of in the near future.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1741 on: March 28, 2012, 07:31:43 am »

Sounds like a nice, honest, down to earth lad. Good for him, I do believe he can have a great future at the club. He has all the tools to succeed, he just needs time and confidence
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
« Reply #1742 on: March 28, 2012, 07:59:43 am »

From The Express.

Good stuff, right attitude.  The parallels to Lucas 3 years ago are there

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: March 28, 2012, 08:33:32 am »
I liked it when he belted that Wigan player over near the touch line, just because I liked seeing him get a bit aggressive. Can see why some are frustrated with him at the moment, but writing him off is ridiculous. I think his problem is he can produce a wonderful pass like the one to Downing against city but only when he feels certain it will come off. I'd like to see him try to force the issue a bit more and create something from nothing.

IMO he will be a success here, he's aware of the areas he needs to improve and looks to have a good attitude and everyone says he trains very well.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1744 on: March 28, 2012, 08:42:27 am »
he's always finishes on top of those skills competition things they have on Soccer AM etc doesnt he? :D
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1745 on: March 28, 2012, 08:53:10 am »
he's always finishes on top of those skills competition things they have on Soccer AM etc doesnt he? :D

Until he came here and he got twatted by Raheem on it ;)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1746 on: March 28, 2012, 09:00:40 am »
Sounds like a nice, honest, down to earth lad. Good for him, I do believe he can have a great future at the club. He has all the tools to succeed, he just needs time and confidence

He is an honest lad.

A lad that won't use age as an poor excuse for being woeful like some on here.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1747 on: March 28, 2012, 09:11:45 am »
He is an honest lad.

Aye, is a poor excuse really, especially when talking about Adam.

« Reply #1748 on: March 28, 2012, 09:24:24 am »
He is an honest lad.

He's hardly been woeful, ineffective sometimes but his quality is always on show in most things he does to be honest, even when he just does the basic stuff. I don't know if you are just too stubborn to see it or you just like having something to argue about.

His one problem is his timid attitude, he isn't one of those players who wants to make it happen(at least not yet) but the more experience he gets the better he will get at it and thankfully he knows what the problem is so hopefully he can work on it

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1749 on: March 28, 2012, 09:30:00 am »
Refreshing honesty exhibited by Hendo there.  Very frank "Gap analysis" from him.

I have never been his biggest fan but there is no denying that he has almost all the tools required to be a top class midfielder. Its how he chooses to deploy those atrributes will decide whether he will go on and become a top notch player or just another PL midfielder.

About him being similar to Lucas in terms of playing style , there is one big difference. Lucas never shied away from tackling in his initial days here even if he was mostly unsuccessful. He had the willingness to get stuck in and exhibited a level of bravery unseen in most modern day players. The point I am trying to make is Benitez saw something in him that made him decide "This lad will be a top notch defensive midfielder in a few years".  I am not sure Hendo is at all suited to playing that role. He just doesn't seem to be that type of player.

If he actually steepens his progression curve , I can see him becoming more like a Montolivo or Lucho rather than a Lucas or Marchisio.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

« Reply #1750 on: March 28, 2012, 09:33:24 am »
Refreshing honesty exhibited by Hendo there.  Very frank "Gap analysis" from him.

I have never been his biggest fan but there is no denying that he has almost all the tools required to be a top class midfielder. Its how he chooses to deploy those atrributes will decide whether he will go on and become a top notch player or just another PL midfielder.

About him being similar to Lucas in terms of playing style , there is one big difference. Lucas never shied away from tackling in his initial days here even if he was mostly unsuccessful. He had the willingness to get stuck in and exhibited a level of bravery unseen in most modern day players. The point I am trying to make is Benitez saw something in him that made him decide "This lad will be a top notch defensive midfielder in a few years".  I am not sure Hendo is at all suited to playing that role. He just doesn't seem to be that type of player.

If he actually steepens his progression curve , I can see him becoming more like a Montolivo or Lucho rather than a Lucas or Marchisio.
He really doesn't need to be that good a tackler to be a top midfielder

Offline MassDriver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1751 on: March 28, 2012, 09:36:57 am »
He really doesn't need to be that good a tackler to be a top midfielder

Missed the point mate.

he doesn't need to be a tackler to be a top midfielder. But he does need to be able to do that to play a role similar to Lucas in the future.

That's why I don't see him as a long term replacement for Lucas. See him more as an attack minded Central midfielder with ability to create and orchestrate.  And for that he needs to start taking more 'risks'.

Hence the Montolivo/Lucho rather than Lucas/Marchisio comparison.

« Reply #1752 on: March 28, 2012, 09:48:00 am »
Missed the point mate.

he doesn't need to be a tackler to be a top midfielder. But he does need to be able to do that to play a role similar to Lucas in the future.

That's why I don't see him as a long term replacement for Lucas. See him more as an attack minded Central midfielder with ability to create and orchestrate.  And for that he needs to start taking more 'risks'.

Hence the Montolivo/Lucho rather than Lucas/Marchisio comparison.
Alright, however I feel we need to play a 4-3-3 to bring out the best in Gerrard, Shelvey, Henderson and Adam.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1753 on: March 28, 2012, 10:16:01 am »
Fordy, you clearly don't rate Henderson, so now that you've told us your opinion on him, there's no need to carry on in this thread is there?

Sorry didn't see this question. Wasn't being rude not answering it.

To answer your question - Suppose not no.

But before I leave this thread - the lad does have the basics tools.

Offline AJG

• Know All Transfer Guru and Fledgling DoF
  • Kopite
  • It's true, I was Comolli's apprentice
« Reply #1754 on: March 28, 2012, 10:33:31 am »
The thing is he needs to be a good tackler, make us tick, contribute goals or provide assists. At the minute he does none of these. He doesn't really offer much bar his good work rate. I think he'll be a decent player for us eventually, but the next couple of years I'd like to see him take a back seat and be on the bench for the majority of games.
''I just want to say to him if your confidence is down in front of the 40,000 opponent's fans, just
imagine them like a frog, an ugly frog'' - Mohammad Shahrul

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1755 on: March 28, 2012, 10:41:21 am »

I was hoping he'd, even without much immediate progression, be a replacement for Meireles. That should be his first step, play with enough intelligence and cutting edge to be useable as a midfield runner. With the ageing AMs we have (the result of Benitez not having the money to buy top notch in these areas), that's an area where there's lots of room to carve out a place for himself.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline tax_man

• Kopite
« Reply #1756 on: March 28, 2012, 10:45:19 am »
You'd have thought some had learned their lesson with Lucas. I think unfortunately for Henderson he has both the price tag and has had to play a lot of games this season due to injuries to Gerrard, Lucas, Adam and Spearing at various points. He'll come good, just needs guided in like Lucas was. Lucas was lucky enough to have Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard firing on all cylinders when he was breaking through. The sorry state of affairs right now means we are demanding Henderson be our midfield saviour. At 21 and with his style of player and even his personality, means he'd be so much better in a team that was playing well. It must be hard for a player like him, at his age, to try and get this midfield going. He should be a cog that can slip in and out of a functioning midfield, like Lucas was. We're not exactly making it easy for him.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1757 on: March 28, 2012, 11:18:46 am »
He'll come good, just needs guided in like Lucas was. Lucas was lucky enough to have Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard firing on all cylinders when he was breaking through. The sorry state of affairs right now means we are demanding Henderson be our midfield saviour.

All of tax_man's post, but especially this.
Hope to see Jordan trying a bit more "cutting edge" play, even if it doesn't come off.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1758 on: March 28, 2012, 12:00:44 pm »
Why is it important? You're just another anonymous forum member here. What makes your views on Henderson important, that they must be understood?

Yeah! Just refuse to play Jordan! Demand time on the bench! That is the stuff double 'ell', Liverpooll, here wants from his young midfielders. He wants you to decide when to play or not - regardless of what the manager says or does! Power to the players!!

Another typical response. You do realize that many here are absolute sensitive to any criticism of any current Liverpool management and will quickly resort to personal abuses. Therefore important to distinguish hate vs rate. I simply do not rate Henderson as a player who should starting every match at this current moment.

And you do understand that many here are just having a illogical explanation on how just because Lucas started many matches, Henderson should get to start many matches.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1759 on: March 28, 2012, 12:13:55 pm »

Another typical response. You do realize that many here are absolute sensitive to any criticism of any current Liverpool management and will quickly resort to personal abuses. Therefore important to distinguish hate vs rate. I simply do not rate Henderson as a player who should starting every match at this current moment.

And you do understand that many here are just having a illogical explanation on how just because Lucas started many matches, Henderson should get to start many matches.

He's not resorting to personal abuse.

He's not even discussing Henderson.

He's asking why you have this attitude that your opinion "MUST" be listened to and we're in dire straights if we don't?

Reading the last few pages, have really concerned me that we are being a mid table club (if we weren't before, definitely we are now)

Having reasons such as Henderson being a young player, innocent, being played in the wrong position, lack of quality players around him, England international have all shown me reasons to believe why we are never going to move forward.

We are far too content with what we have at the moment and a great reason for that is that we really do not believe it can be improved especially when we have spend such a huge sums of money on this player.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=291559.msg10079408#msg10079408

The whole argument comes down to Roy Hodgson,

If Roy had been here,

1. Had Carroll been given more support, or more anger against him and his signing?
2. Had Roy gotten the same support as Dalglish today?
3. had we been asking more patience?

Surely No, thereby double standards is all I can think about.

Firstly Henderson was brought as a winger. Get your facts correct.

Secondly, the thing about improvement is based on patience. But what is this patience? 1 season, 2 season? You tell me what to expect as clearly every next time, any first team player who you believe is a  young player has any bad game, you will come and repeat your same idea about patience.

Maybe you could explain your patience idea to the likes of Alonso, Mascharano, Torres who all eventually left as they did not have patience to stay at a club with bad performances. The fact is patience is only shared by fans, but never by players.

Therefore, start judging a player based on only on his performances, forget the rest about age or else we will always have the above cycle.

Read those again and see if you can see how precious you sometimes come across? He's making a point that your style rubs people up the wrong way, your impression that we refuse to listen to you because we can't accept your "truth" when we just think you're talking...balls.

And it's your habit of speaking authoritatively for us Liverpool fans and telling us how we should be feeling. As a matchgoing fan I make my opinions on what I see with my own eyes, I've no idea who you are or where you're coming from, you could be sitting in the same block as me, or I could be arguing with "Darren from Thetford" or even "Bob from Singapore" here. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:27:59 pm by Suspect Package. »