Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 431280 times)

Offline bottleandahalf

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Peace, Love and Empathy.
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #1520 on: March 25, 2012, 05:06:36 pm »
Has had too much playing time in his first season. Another that Kenny won't drop due to his stubbornness.
Familiarity breeds contempt.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1521 on: March 25, 2012, 05:10:23 pm »
So now he's back to having no bollocks and being no good eh? Same shite was directed at him at the beginning of the season then when he started playing well all you lot piped down. He's shown he has the ability and that the confidence flows through him when the team is playing well. He's hit a dip in form right now and needs a rest, it happens to players his age.

Those of you slating him now, I bet you were the same who were shitting on Lucas and are now the first to say how much we miss him.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1522 on: March 25, 2012, 05:12:01 pm »

Those of you slating him now, I bet you were the same who were shitting on Lucas and are now the first to say how much we miss him.

Congratulations, you are the millionth customer to use that line. You win a season ticket.

Offline bottleandahalf

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Peace, Love and Empathy.
« Reply #1523 on: March 25, 2012, 05:13:24 pm »
 :D
Congratulations, you are the millionth customer to use that line. You win a season ticket.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1524 on: March 25, 2012, 05:21:07 pm »
I agree the money would have been better spent on a winger (Hoilett?) or a Lucas back-up...but I think Henderson was indeed bought as a winger. I don't think the management had much intention of putting him in the way of Shelvey. Still, we have Henderson now and he is indeed promising, and we should be doing everything we can to make sure he fulfills that promise.

Must have been signed mainly for RM. Doesn't make sense to get him for CM with Lucas and Gerrard, plus of course Adam, Spearing and Shelvey to compete with. And for RM? Well, we did our best to bench Maxi and Kuyt. Henderson must have been signed for RM, with CM being a second, alternative position.

If Henderson's future is being changed from RM to CM, we may have to re-think. Because as it is now, he has Lucas, Gerrard and Spearing ahead of him and although many will disagree, I think Adam is ahead of him as well. We should hang on to Henderson for another season at least, but we can't afford to have a 16M player in the wilderness for too long. Nor can we have him in the side if he doesn't contribute a lot more than he has so far.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1525 on: March 25, 2012, 05:22:44 pm »

OMG really?!
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #1526 on: March 25, 2012, 05:47:42 pm »
he will be top quality for us. his career is taking a similar path to lucas to be honest in terms of fans appreciation of him. will be seen as undroppable in two years.

Offline eLToRo

• Legacy Fan
  • Living the dream
« Reply #1527 on: March 25, 2012, 05:50:35 pm »
In
he will be top quality for us. his career is taking a similar path to lucas to be honest in terms of fans appreciation of him. will be seen as undroppable in two years.

In the wya the fans are on his back is similar to Lucas.But Lucas showed me more in his early days than henderson has so far.Hope he does become undroppable but to me Lucas always looked very good then improved and because immense.

Henderson has looked alright so far and we know he obviously has talent but I Havnt seen enough to suggest he will be as big a player for us as lucas.I hope he is though

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1528 on: March 25, 2012, 05:53:23 pm »
So now he's back to having no bollocks and being no good eh? Same shite was directed at him at the beginning of the season then when he started playing well all you lot piped down. He's shown he has the ability and that the confidence flows through him when the team is playing well. He's hit a dip in form right now and needs a rest, it happens to players his age.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1529 on: March 25, 2012, 06:18:37 pm »

Lol, that's all they keep saying, I'm the first to admit that Lucas wasn't doing it and that he proved me wrong, I miss him terribly but that lad will probably agree that he was poor but he had the bollox to improve and prove me and thousands wrong.
Will Henderson, he hasn't the bollox to make a tackle, that's what infuriates me,tackling is a must for a midfielder and he won't do it because he is frightened of getting hurt, bit of mud on leg or mess up he's hair.
Been like that all season and people still go on about Lucas or that he will be good in a few years.
YNWA

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1530 on: March 25, 2012, 06:48:11 pm »
Lol, that's all they keep saying, I'm the first to admit that Lucas wasn't doing it and that he proved me wrong, I miss him terribly but that lad will probably agree that he was poor but he had the bollox to improve and prove me and thousands wrong.
Will Henderson, he hasn't the bollox to make a tackle, that's what infuriates me,tackling is a must for a midfielder and he won't do it because he is frightened of getting hurt, bit of mud on leg or mess up he's hair.
Been like that all season and people still go on about Lucas or that he will be good in a few years.

:butt

One of the criticisms directed at Lucas was that he didn't have bollocks. And he wasn't really that poor either. He proved you wrong because you couldn't see his ability and potential, just like you can't see Henderson's ability and potential. Tackling is a must for a midfielder? Since when could Paul Scholes tackle? Lucas has to tackle because he's a holding midfielder, Henderson's role is different.

Stop acting like he's some prima donna footballer who cares more about his hair than the team when he runs his bollocks off every game.

"Lol, that's all they keep saying"

Yeah and we'll all be there to ram it down your throats when you're claiming you were wrong about Henderson.

You'd think people would learn and be less smug after being so wrong about Lucas, Rafa, Maxi, etc (not specifically directed at you gazzathered) but no.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #1531 on: March 25, 2012, 06:53:37 pm »
Another that Kenny won't drop due to his stubbornness.

Erm drop him for who? In case you haven't noticed Gerrard, Henderson and Spearing are our only fit centre midfielders.

Apart from bringing Shelvey onto the bench (like against Wigan) we've got noone else to replace him with.

That's why they're starting every game, not stubbornness.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1532 on: March 25, 2012, 06:54:03 pm »
Totally agree - he is a DM player for me that might come good when he is 30 but lots in his game needs improving.

Thought I might get hung, drawn & quartered for that comment mate considering Parker can receive some criticsm from RAWK, but think he's a good example for Henderson considering he had his big money move to Chelsea with out given the patience he needed after leaving his hometown club Charlton.

However think he will develop into a good player, but just needs to mature off the pitch before he will improve on it. Not that he's a 'bad boy', just think the term 'boy' best describes Jordan. Give him time and he will become similar to Lucas.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #1533 on: March 25, 2012, 06:56:18 pm »
Sick and tired of the Lucas comparisons.  Absolutely illogical , that comparison. One had never played in Europe before , had one decent season under him in the Brazilian league and was brought in as a prospect who would learn his trade slowly and ease into the side.

The other is a relatively experienced pro with more than 2 full seasons of PL football behind him, brought in at an eye watering price to improve the first team and make an impact. A player whose best position is still being debated by Liverpool(and Sunderland fans) for that matter.

And Xavi comaparisons are for the intellectually challenged. Other than basic short passing ability , what else does Henderson have remotely in common with Xavi. Forget about quality , even in terms of playing style , they are as different as they could be. If you reduce the analysis to a basic dumbed down level you would only find one vague similarity , i.e , the tendency to keep the ball short.

I am all for him succeeding here.  However lets keep the discussion in the realm of reality and not cross over to fantasy.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1534 on: March 25, 2012, 06:59:52 pm »
Thought I might get hung, drawn & quartered for that comment mate considering Parker can receive some criticsm from RAWK, but think he's a good example for Henderson considering he had his big money move to Chelsea with out given the patience he needed after leaving his hometown club Charlton.

However think he will develop into a good player, but just needs to mature off the pitch before he will improve on it. Not that he's a 'bad boy', just think the term 'boy' best describes Jordan. Give him time and he will become similar to Lucas.

Parker at Charlton was a better player than Henderson is now.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1535 on: March 25, 2012, 07:01:15 pm »
In
In the wya the fans are on his back is similar to Lucas.But Lucas showed me more in his early days than henderson has so far.Hope he does become undroppable but to me Lucas always looked very good then improved and because immense.

Henderson has looked alright so far and we know he obviously has talent but I Havnt seen enough to suggest he will be as big a player for us as lucas.I hope he is though

I'd actually argue that Henderson has shown far more than Lucas did in his first season for us. He's certainly played a lot more football.

The early arguements against Lucas and the current ones are actually pretty identical.

He can't tackle
He's too lightweight
He doesn't have a clearly defined role compared to our other midfielders
He makes too many passes sideways and backwards
He looks to get rid of the ball straight way
He doesn't impose himself on the game or have enough confidence
He doesn't directly create or score enough goals

Am I talking about Jordan Henderson today (age 21) or Lucas Leiva circa 2007 (age 21) ?

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1536 on: March 25, 2012, 07:02:34 pm »
Parker at Charlton was a better player than Henderson is now.

Parker was perceived to be a similar player to Gerrard, however he's developed into an reliable defensive midfielder, which is what my point was about Henderson & how I think he will develop.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1537 on: March 25, 2012, 07:02:55 pm »

I agree that Henderson would become a decent DM in about 10 years but like Scott Parker wasn't ready to play for a decent side(in Chelsea) and had to go back to average clubs to become good.

Henerdon is very mature off the pitch - that's not his problem.

He won't be simular to Lucas - those saying that I just hoping. Lucas situation was totally different. 

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1538 on: March 25, 2012, 07:09:45 pm »
I agree that Henderson would become a decent DM in about 10 years but like Scott Parker wasn't ready to play for a decent side(in Chelsea) and had to go back to average clubs to become good.

Henerdon is very mature off the pitch - that's not his problem.

He won't be simular to Lucas - those saying that I just hoping. Lucas situation was totally different. 

Sorry mate, I described that wrong about his maturity, he seems like a nice lad, but he's in competition with people who have been around the block, it you understand me. Sometimes he seems like a young boy playing against men, which is not his fault because that is what he is.

Don't think he needs to move though to fulfil his potential, just needs patience, playing at the right time in his favoured position as often as possible & slowly given the responsibility instead of it thrusted upon him.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1539 on: March 25, 2012, 07:23:07 pm »
About the Lucas comparisons:

It's good to be patient with a young player. That's the lesson we should have learnt with Lucas. The first thing the two has in common.

Henderson is not Lucas. Just because Lucas made it, doesn't mean Henderson automatically will. There's a clear danger that we try to do a good old Houllier comparison when it comes to Henderson. Henderson is the next Lucas? Like Cheyrou was the next ZZ?

Lucas had Alonso, Gerrard and Mascherano ahead of him when he first came. Three top, top class players. When Lucas played, he could not influence the game as much as those three. But Lucas was a backup. He wasn't first pick. And LFC were, at that time, a very, very good side in Europe. Now we are not even in Europe. Henderson is as close as he can be to a first pick, but a backup when everyone is fit. And he doesn't influence games that much. That's perhaps a second thing he has in common with Lucas of similar age.

We need to be careful with our comparisons. We tend to borrow other players' success to make things look better than they are.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1540 on: March 25, 2012, 07:30:05 pm »
Regarding Lucas he was crap until he went to the gym and beefed up, now he's hench and tackles anything in sight/passes sideways well. I think age has a lot to do with the physique also, Henderson isnt a brick shit house yet but he will be once they start sticking him in the gym when he has developed enough.
 Then you will see the his tackling improve people seem to forget that the premier league is the most physical top flight league in the world and only tiny magic men like Silva, Nasri, Modric can get away with being slender. The sooner Henderson hits the gym the better.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: March 25, 2012, 07:37:19 pm »
The other thing about the Lucas comparisons.

People say "You don't appreciate Henderson because he keeps the ball moving quickly, passes the ball very well short and doesnt do any fancy stuff".

Sorry, but isnt that a very good description of Lucas' role with the ball? Why then do the same posters who rate Lucas have serious worries about Henderson?

My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #1542 on: March 25, 2012, 07:41:42 pm »
If his rather average technical ability can improve in the time , I'm afraid the lack of vision, game intelligence, determination are making him bound to be a mediocre player moreover when his position on the pitch suggest that he will need to be able to create goals which it seems he have no idea how to do at the age of 21.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1543 on: March 25, 2012, 07:42:51 pm »
If his rather average technical ability can improve in the time , I'm afraid the lack of vision, game intelligence, determination are making him bound to be a mediocre player moreover when his position on the pitch suggest that he will need to be able to create goals which it seems he have no idea how to do at the age of 21.

::)

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1544 on: March 25, 2012, 07:45:08 pm »

People say "You don't appreciate Henderson because he keeps the ball moving quickly, passes the ball very well short and doesnt do any fancy stuff".

Sorry, but isnt that a very good description of Lucas' role with the ball? Why then do the same posters who rate Lucas have serious worries about Henderson?

lucas got a lot of recognition when he started doing the defensive work very well off the ball.I think the game the idiotic sky pundits really started praising him was the one when he bossed chelsea.

henderson's game off the ball leaves a lot to be desired as of yet.maybe he'll improve that side...if he does we have a player.if he doesn't well move him on.

both ways we wont know without giving him time
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: March 25, 2012, 07:53:47 pm »

Am I talking about Jordan Henderson today (age 21) or Lucas Leiva circa 2007 (age 21) ?

Your argument is whole based on "age". As I said before, that is never a strong argument as come next season, you will still be mentioning the same thing on how he is young and will develop well. Therefore, it makes the age argument invalid as it is a excuse which can be used forever.

Now, the thing about Lucas was that people started to "appreciated" his display. Now, you believe that many here do not appreciate Henderson's display. But how exactly can one appreciated his display especially when as a winger, your key value is assists and goals which he has done poorly

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1546 on: March 25, 2012, 08:14:21 pm »

Did you slate Lucas?

What do you make ofHenderson?

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1547 on: March 25, 2012, 08:14:37 pm »
Your argument is whole based on "age". As I said before, that is never a strong argument as come next season, you will still be mentioning the same thing on how he is young and will develop well.

Ok, we're not allowed to defend young players any more. There's no scope for them to improve with age.

Also great that you know already exactly how he's going to play next season and what I'm going to say. Any chance of some lottery numbers?

Now, the thing about Lucas was that people started to "appreciated" his display. Now, you believe that many here do not appreciate Henderson's display. But how exactly can one appreciated his display especially when as a winger, your key value is assists and goals which he has done poorly

Lucas went a long time in his early days, with the majority of opinion being that he was utter dogshite (not mine btw).

This was when he was at the same age as Henderson. When he got older, funny enough he improved. That's the only argument I've been making for Henderson. Have some patience and wait to see how he develops, he definately has potential. I agree in the right now he should be dropped and benched, but we can't simply because we've got noone else to bring in.

And p.s. Henderson is not and never was a winger.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1548 on: March 25, 2012, 08:21:23 pm »

Henderson was bought as an attacking midfielder and not a defensive midfielder. Attacking midfielders require more than the ability to pass it short and keep it moving. They need a bit of flair and creativity. And to be honest, Henderson, as yet, hasn't passed the ball very well at all.
He needs a rest. He's not ready yet. Don't know if he ever will be but he's certainly not ready yet.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: March 25, 2012, 08:26:29 pm »
Ok, we're not allowed to defend young players any more. There's no scope for them to improve with age.

This was when he was at the same age as Henderson. When he got older, funny enough he improved. That's the only argument I've been making for Henderson. Have some patience and wait to see how he develops, he definately has potential. I agree in the right now he should be dropped and benched, but we can't simply because we've got noone else to bring in.

And p.s. Henderson is not and never was a winger.

Firstly Henderson was brought as a winger. Get your facts correct.

Secondly, the thing about improvement is based on patience. But what is this patience? 1 season, 2 season? You tell me what to expect as clearly every next time, any first team player who you believe is a  young player has any bad game, you will come and repeat your same idea about patience.

Maybe you could explain your patience idea to the likes of Alonso, Mascharano, Torres who all eventually left as they did not have patience to stay at a club with bad performances. The fact is patience is only shared by fans, but never by players.

Therefore, start judging a player based on only on his performances, forget the rest about age or else we will always have the above cycle.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:28:27 pm by liverpooll »

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1550 on: March 25, 2012, 08:30:19 pm »
You have patience when there are signs of something positive around.
Well, there are none. If anything, I want to ask where was this thread when Roy was here? Talk about double standards.

no further questions your honour.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1551 on: March 25, 2012, 08:30:33 pm »
Care to prove that 'fact'?

Offline liverpooll

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1552 on: March 25, 2012, 08:31:58 pm »
Care to prove that 'fact'?

Well, you can always start by viewing where Henderson has been played for both Liverpool and Sunderland.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1553 on: March 25, 2012, 08:33:17 pm »

Stopped reading here.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1554 on: March 25, 2012, 08:33:47 pm »
Henderson has done nothing to earn a starting place in the current side. He's 'currently'not playing well enough for a team in 7th place.

I expect him to come good next year, but until then a sub spot at best for me.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1555 on: March 25, 2012, 08:34:18 pm »
Well, you can always start by viewing where Henderson has been played for both Liverpool and Sunderland.

Fkinell.

Answer the question.

Was Hendo bought as a winger in your opinion?

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1556 on: March 25, 2012, 08:34:39 pm »

You could just about a case for Henderson as a right sided attacking midfielder.

But a winger? Bollocks. Doesn't play that way for Sunderland or Liverpool.

Offline liverpooll

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1557 on: March 25, 2012, 08:39:07 pm »
You could just about a case for Henderson as a right sided attacking midfielder.

But a winger? Bollocks. Doesn't play that way for Sunderland or Liverpool.

Well, no point in arguments, different names for certain things. But surely you will agree that he is not doing his job as to whatever position "you" believe he has been brought for. And waiting for a good answer from you on the whole post rather than just a selected quote.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1558 on: March 25, 2012, 08:39:50 pm »
Stopped reading here.

he's at it in every thread, not sure is he's serious or just a major wind up merchant.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1559 on: March 25, 2012, 08:40:22 pm »
He has been played mainly on the right. But not as a winger.