Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1360258 times)

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #25760 on: April 29, 2024, 02:11:03 pm »
Keeper catches the ball, has hold of it, ref waves play on after he gets up, keeper lobs the ball on the floor meaning it's fair game to then play, Gakpo runs to it to score, ref blows the whiste to stop him.

That's literally it. All this conjecture 'he did this, he did that' that's literally it.

So it's either he didn't want us to score, or he's saving the keeper from a collosal mistake (ala Gabriel in the CL). Personally I think it's both. There is literally no reason for him to blow the whistle. He waved play on, once the keeper lobs it on the floor, that's it, play on, anyone can touch it. But no, blows so the keeper is saved from a mistake.

It's bizarre. And corrupt.
I reckon he got word that the far east betting syndicate had lumped on 2-2

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #25761 on: April 29, 2024, 02:14:19 pm »
I reckon he got word that the far east betting syndicate had lumped on 2-2

Wouldn't put it past him. Crazy how many mental decisions he makes in matches we are involved in compared to other sides.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25762 on: April 29, 2024, 02:47:07 pm »
I can never remember what PGMOL stands for so googled it. Don't do it, takes you to some grim reading
Ended up looking at their Wiki page and seen that since 2020 they have acknowledged error and apologised 14 times. We have been involved in 5 of them and 4 times the big call went against us. 29% of their total acknowledgements have been to us. Bit mental that. That's not counting the Gakpo one or the Linesman flinging an elbow at Robbo.
I count 4 to Liverpool, 2 Spurs, 2 Arsenal, 2 Wolves, 2 Brighton, 1 Villa and 1 the Ev.
Headtorch is on and I'm going back in, I'm sure I'll find a manc one somewhere

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25763 on: April 29, 2024, 02:51:59 pm »
This is the red line crossed and the Club should insist Taylor cannot do our games anymore.

He's got an agenda and it's plainly obvious to see.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25764 on: April 29, 2024, 03:04:02 pm »
Just watched the ref watch clip. Dermot Gallagher deliberately avoiding the question of why the Manc ref blew his whistle. Just kept saying he should’ve blown earlier and decided the keeper needed treatment. First off, he fucking didn’t blow the whistle did he you bald prick, that is the whole point! Also, it’s not for the ref to decide  if the keeper needed treatment. He quite clearly fucking didn’t as he just stood there pulling his socks up!
The fucking cheating bastards are seriously doing my head in.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #25765 on: April 29, 2024, 03:10:37 pm »
'the referee has done well to dig himself out of a hole', courtesy of Dermot Gallagher on Sky 🙄

Yeah I saw this clip on YouTube it’s infuriating

That sue smith calls it a massive ‘error’ in which he corrects her to say it’s a ‘mess’ as opposed to an error :lmao

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25766 on: April 29, 2024, 03:12:04 pm »
Yeah I saw this clip on YouTube it’s infuriating

That sue smith calls it a massive ‘error’ in which he corrects her to say it’s a ‘mess’ as opposed to an error :lmao
Unbelievable isn’t it. Why won’t any of them call it what it is? It is cheating!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25767 on: April 29, 2024, 03:17:32 pm »
I'm honestly a bit sick of this narrative, this isn't aimed at you. I watched it in the pub and they didn't have the audio on.

But the clip I've seen since shows Taylor blow up before Gakpo turns around.
Am I missing something

Warnock seemed to think that if Cody doesn't ask, the bald headed prick wouldn't have realised. They said on Ref Watch that Gakpo only stopped due to the whistle, which is true. I thought myself since, if he hadn't had stopped to ask, he would have got to the ball and could have scored before fuckwit realised

yet again outright lies go unchallenged on sky. warnock questioned why Gakpo looked round which gave Taylor the opportunity to blow the whistle, he didnt . Gakpo runs toward the ball then hears a whistle THEN turns around. we HAVE to ask for the audio. it will prove once and for all if taylor did say 'go down' to the keeper, if he did he can surely never referee in the top league again. If they dont release the audio its just as bad - we'll all say its because he admitted he fucked up. whichever only a complete biased group would give Taylor a Liverpool game again, and we know he'll probably get jurgens last home game.

You need to see the long shot - look at the after match part of MOTD from Saturday and you see Cody look, appear to ask for permission and then goes for it, that's when the whistle goes.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 03:19:49 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25768 on: April 29, 2024, 03:21:24 pm »
Unbelievable isn’t it. Why won’t any of them call it what it is? It is cheating!

It is cheating. Warnock asked on Ref Watch "Why did he blow the whistle" I was expecting him then to go to town on Gallagher, but he just sort of left it there.

Not one mention of Areola was stood pulling his socks up either, not saying he was in pain.
Jurgen YNWA

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #25769 on: April 29, 2024, 03:24:48 pm »
Do yourselves a favor and don't read Dale Johnsons arse licking of the refs.

Made me throw up in my mouth this part

"The referee retains the right to manage the match in the spirit of the game, and he felt that if he'd failed to make the goalkeeper aware of the advantage"

Online Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #25770 on: April 29, 2024, 03:26:39 pm »

Honestly wild that a linesman elbowing our left back is only the third maddest thing that's happened to us in just over 12 months

When you put it like that!!

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25771 on: April 29, 2024, 03:31:09 pm »

"The referee retains the right to manage the match in the spirit of the game, and he felt that if he'd failed to make the goalkeeper aware of the advantage"
Ofcourse he did

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25772 on: April 29, 2024, 03:34:17 pm »

Cool ,why did he wave physios on and tell a player to go to the floor when he is covering his own arse.
No time for caution.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #25773 on: April 29, 2024, 03:51:35 pm »
Cool ,why did he wave physios on and tell a player to go to the floor when he is covering his own arse.

According to Dale Johnson "he allowed the medical staff to come on"... :lmao

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25774 on: April 29, 2024, 04:18:03 pm »

:lmao

The medical staff were all sitting doing fuck all and had to leg it and grab their kit bags, the fucking thundercunt

The moment Taylor calls for the physio, notice only Moyes anywhere near the pitch

And when the Physio stands up 4 seconds later (I couldn't get the bar not to show on Iplayer) so I circled it in yellow

« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 04:37:16 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25775 on: April 29, 2024, 05:27:59 pm »

The medical staff were all sitting doing fuck all and had to leg it and grab their kit bags, the fucking thundercunt

The moment Taylor calls for the physio, notice only Moyes anywhere near the pitch

And when the Physio stands up 4 seconds later (I couldn't get the bar not to show on Iplayer) so I circled it in yellow

It’s outrageous isn’t it. Just blatant lies and yet fuck all is said/done about it. It’s why I’m giving up on the game after this season.

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25776 on: April 29, 2024, 05:52:30 pm »
West Han should have had a player sent off for the Challenge on Mac . Another absolute cheat fest . You can add about 7 or 8 potential points to our season from these gaffs . Fuck off.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25777 on: April 29, 2024, 05:58:52 pm »

Indeed. Don't know why they go to these lengths to justify these decisions. And when they do admit the officials screwed up, it's always some wishy washy explanation that still attempts to credit the refs.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25778 on: April 29, 2024, 06:05:28 pm »
Indeed. Don't know why they go to these lengths to justify these decisions. And when they do admit the officials screwed up, it's always some wishy washy explanation that still attempts to credit the refs.

They must think, like other fan bases, that we are as thick as pig shit, that can be the only reason
Jurgen YNWA

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25779 on: April 29, 2024, 06:22:52 pm »
They must think, like other fan bases, that we are as thick as pig shit, that can be the only reason

Fans of Wolves and Forest I imagine are just as outraged and aren't swallowing any of it. I know it hasn't stopped officials and their mouth pieces trying it on though.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25780 on: April 29, 2024, 07:18:24 pm »
Fans of Wolves and Forest I imagine are just as outraged and aren't swallowing any of it. I know it hasn't stopped officials and their mouth pieces trying it on though.

No but the rest of them are, saw so much piss taking over this from fuckwits
Jurgen YNWA

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25781 on: April 29, 2024, 09:56:14 pm »
No but the rest of them are, saw so much piss taking over this from fuckwits

True.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #25782 on: April 29, 2024, 10:03:57 pm »
Keeper catches the ball, has hold of it, ref waves play on after he gets up, keeper lobs the ball on the floor meaning it's fair game to then play, Gakpo runs to it to score, ref blows the whiste to stop him.

That's literally it. All this conjecture 'he did this, he did that' that's literally it.

So it's either he didn't want us to score, or he's saving the keeper from a collosal mistake (ala Gabriel in the CL). Personally I think it's both. There is literally no reason for him to blow the whistle. He waved play on, once the keeper lobs it on the floor, that's it, play on, anyone can touch it. But no, blows so the keeper is saved from a mistake.

It's bizarre. And corrupt.

For me he is saving the keeper. The keeper was preparing for a free kick (his mistake) and was pulling up his socks and adjusting his shin pads. There were no signs of pain or distress. Referee decided that the keeper must have misunderstood and so blows the whistle. I’m sure the keeper hadn’t a clue what was going on especially when the referee calls on the physios.

It was incompetence and blatant cheating by the referee…….he cannot just make up his own rules.

The referee then drops the ball to restart the game which shows that he wasn’t stopping any advantage that he may have been playing.

So for me the referee decided that the keeper needed attention even though there was no evidence that he needed it. For incompetence like that he needs to spend a year off. His decision prevented a goal and a win.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 10:07:28 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25783 on: April 29, 2024, 10:09:44 pm »
This is the red line crossed and the Club should insist Taylor cannot do our games anymore.

He's got an agenda and it's plainly obvious to see.

Club won't do anything. Soft as shite.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25784 on: April 30, 2024, 07:30:55 am »
Club won't do anything. Soft as shite.

What exactly do you expect the club to do? Complain to the PGMOL, how did that go after the Spurs game, did we get better decisions, or did we just end up with Tierney every week? Do we ask ADFC and Arsenal, two clubs who have massively benefitted from these decisions against us, to support us? What about Utd, who never get bad decisions, would they support us? How did being openly critical of PGMOL go for Wolves and Forest?

What about the media? Stelling has kicked off, MOTD did, but BBC Football totally ignored it, Sky tried to whitewash it on Refwatch, Gallagher even used the words he's dug himself out of a hole, we've no backing in this

The PGMOL is ran by an ex SYP bizzie, it's as corrupt as that force, its as corrupt as the MET, the c*nts just close ranks and protect their own. Taylor is doing the CL Semis this week, he's doing the Euros, do you really think PGMOL will haul him over the coals?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 07:33:51 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25785 on: April 30, 2024, 07:39:01 am »
What exactly do you expect the club to do? Complain to the PGMOL, how did that go after the Spurs game, did we get better decisions, or did we just end up with Tierney every week? Do we ask ADFC and Arsenal, two clubs who have massively benefitted from these decisions against us, to support us? What about Utd, who never get bad decisions, would they support us? How did being openly critical of PGMOL go for Wolves and Forest?

What about the media? Stelling has kicked off, MOTD did, but BBC Football totally ignored it, Sky tried to whitewash it on Refwatch, Gallagher even used the words he's dug himself out of a hole, we've no backing in this

The PGMOL is ran by an ex SYP bizzie, it's as corrupt as that force, its as corrupt as the MET, the c*nts just close ranks and protect their own. Taylor is doing the CL Semis this week, he's doing the Euros, do you really think PGMOL will haul him over the coals?

I expect the game will be rigged going forward now. It's not about football and hasn't been for a while.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25786 on: April 30, 2024, 07:54:34 am »
I expect the game will be rigged going forward now. It's not about football and hasn't been for a while.

I don't buy into a PGMOL conspiracy but I've always said that referees from Manchester, who have grown up in anti scouse/Liverpool hating areas will not be unbiased. Usually Taylor isn't so blatant in his cheating but he knows he won't get questioned as his ex SYP boss will cover for him. Then add in Atwell, who is terrified of the senior refs so never goes against them when doing var and it's the perfect situation for those who wish to fuck the club over to do so.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #25787 on: April 30, 2024, 11:07:06 am »
Of course Paul Tierney is going to be the ref on Sunday

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #25788 on: April 30, 2024, 11:19:17 am »
Of course Paul Tierney is going to be the ref on Sunday

Aye, John Brooks on VAR too.

Referee: Paul Tierney. Assistants: Scott Ledger, Mat Wilkes. Fourth official: Tom Bramall. VAR: John Brooks - www.premierleague.com/news/3989346
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25789 on: April 30, 2024, 12:04:50 pm »
Aye, John Brooks on VAR too.

Referee: Paul Tierney. Assistants: Scott Ledger, Mat Wilkes. Fourth official: Tom Bramall. VAR: John Brooks - www.premierleague.com/news/3989346

Andy's selling his ticket now
Jurgen YNWA

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25790 on: April 30, 2024, 05:08:47 pm »
Audio from Forest-Everton out soon. Should be interesting

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25791 on: April 30, 2024, 05:14:38 pm »
Audio from Forest-Everton out soon. Should be interesting

Who was the simpering prick on VAR, was it Atwell? It'll be something like this

Taylor "not enough contact, not enough contact" - VAR "yep, agree with that"

Taylor "Arms in a natural position"  - VAR "yep, agree with that"

Taylor "He's got the ball, he's got the ball"  - VAR "yep, agree with that"
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25792 on: April 30, 2024, 05:18:51 pm »
Who was the simpering prick on VAR, was it Atwell? It'll be something like this

Taylor "not enough contact, not enough contact" - VAR "yep, agree with that"

Taylor "Arms in a natural position"  - VAR "yep, agree with that"

Taylor "He's got the ball, he's got the ball"  - VAR "yep, agree with that"

Just seen Webb/Owen on about last pen shout.

Webb said it was a penalty but it’s a game played by humans and officiated by humans.

Ok Howard that is fair enough for Taylor as he gets one view in real time but why didn’t you answer Owen’s question of why VAR didn’t give it or instruct him to the monitor yes Attwell is human but he has the technology to see it was a pen !

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25793 on: April 30, 2024, 05:37:18 pm »

Webb said it was a penalty but it’s a game played by humans and officiated by humans.

Ok Howard that is fair enough for Taylor as he gets one view in real time but why didn’t you answer Owen’s question of why VAR didn’t give it or instruct him to the monitor yes Attwell is human but he has the technology to see it was a pen !

Its fucking comical, Atwell will never disagree with a more senior ref

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3990215
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 05:44:14 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #25794 on: April 30, 2024, 05:59:34 pm »

It was a completely nonsensical argument by Webb. Owen asked, why didn't VAR tell the ref to look at it himself, because what he described (the defender playing the ball) was clearly wrong. Then Webb comes up with some hypothetical scenario why in another case the VAR shouldn't send the ref to the monitor, if he said someone played the ball and they didn't, but the other guy made a dive. Yeah, I kind of agree with him in that case, but that doesn't answer the initial question and why in that specific Everton vs Nottingham Forest match the ref wasn't sent to the monitor.

Based on that, I would also argue that what Webb is saying is completely against the spirit of how VAR should be used and what the VAR-protocol is about. The VAR - according to the protocol - is not there to make decisions. The ref is the one who makes the decisions (according to the VAR protocol). So, it's not up to the VAR to decide whether that's a penalty or not. He needs to tell the ref what has happened and then the ref can say whether he sticks with his original decision or whether he wants to look at it himself. That's what I don't get. The VAR protocol is pretty clear on all of that, i.e. the ref being the one making decisions. I don't understand why people just swallow all this stuff about the VAR not thinking it was a penalty or handball or whatever. That's not his job.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25795 on: April 30, 2024, 06:47:28 pm »
It was a completely nonsensical argument by Webb. Owen asked, why didn't VAR tell the ref to look at it himself, because what he described (the defender playing the ball) was clearly wrong. Then Webb comes up with some hypothetical scenario why in another case the VAR shouldn't send the ref to the monitor, if he said someone played the ball and they didn't, but the other guy made a dive. Yeah, I kind of agree with him in that case, but that doesn't answer the initial question and why in that specific Everton vs Nottingham Forest match the ref wasn't sent to the monitor.

Based on that, I would also argue that what Webb is saying is completely against the spirit of how VAR should be used and what the VAR-protocol is about. The VAR - according to the protocol - is not there to make decisions. The ref is the one who makes the decisions (according to the VAR protocol). So, it's not up to the VAR to decide whether that's a penalty or not. He needs to tell the ref what has happened and then the ref can say whether he sticks with his original decision or whether he wants to look at it himself. That's what I don't get. The VAR protocol is pretty clear on all of that, i.e. the ref being the one making decisions. I don't understand why people just swallow all this stuff about the VAR not thinking it was a penalty or handball or whatever. That's not his job.

Yeah just saw it, not sure why he made a hypothetical scenario up. That was a pretty obvious screw up but they still tried to justify it somewhat.

Another thing is they talked about the Brentford-Brighton game where the ref got sent to the monitor to check if there was a penalty. VAR didn't feel it was a penalty but still sent the ref to the monitor, who agreed. Which is all fine, no issue with that. In fact, that was quite well done. But we were told earlier on in the season that VAR will send the ref to the monitor if they think the ref has got the decision wrong but Webb just said that's not the case. It feels like they keep changing their reasoning for their actions.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25796 on: April 30, 2024, 07:53:11 pm »
So another apology. Won't do Forest any good if they go down.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25797 on: May 1, 2024, 04:45:34 am »
Any apology for us, or has it been added to the "99% correct" pile? Just think how far ahead we'd be in the VARd Done By table if they included all the blatantly corrupt calls that were logged as correct!

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25798 on: May 1, 2024, 07:53:44 am »

"Going forward"? It's fucking rigged now pal.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25799 on: May 1, 2024, 08:27:43 am »
The PGMOL boys club is cringeworthy. “Longy have a look at that mate, Tayls what do you reckon mate? Nice one mate”

Maybe having them act as a professional body rather than a group of lads is the first start to improved standards. I bet they’re a right shower of self-entitled wankers when they go for their monthly “boys curry night”.