Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 672446 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: MoTD thread
« Reply #9560 on: December 17, 2023, 03:16:25 pm »
Newcastle v Fulham
On first viewing I though Lascelles did not do too much to Jimenez and that Jimenez deserved a red.
On second viewing I thought Lascelles was a red and Jimenez was yellow but then VAR decided we would not have a second viewing for Lascelles

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9561 on: December 24, 2023, 12:56:53 am »
Rusty Lee and his less than funny bald mate actually on our side for once
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #9562 on: December 24, 2023, 01:01:17 am »
Rusty Lee and his less than funny bald mate actually on our side for once

He saud nothing. Too far into his fake City legend status him

Lineker and Shearer were

Mind you how could you not say that's a pen. You'd have to be a Arsenal fan on the level of Ty or a lunatic
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9563 on: December 24, 2023, 04:43:56 pm »
Watching motd last night. Its time they ditched this Richard's bloke. Cringey tv at best. Even when showing trents best bits with his passing it feels like repeat effort from him. Maybe because Trent is English but to me I thought Konate was great. Could had showed clips on Konate's defending rather than something we and rest of the country already know.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9564 on: December 25, 2023, 09:01:41 am »
Watching motd last night. Its time they ditched this Richard's bloke. Cringey tv at best. Even when showing trents best bits with his passing it feels like repeat effort from him. Maybe because Trent is English but to me I thought Konate was great. Could had showed clips on Konate's defending rather than something we and rest of the country already know.

MOTD (and most others in the UK e.g. the Guardian ) are obsessed with team England.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9565 on: December 26, 2023, 11:48:26 pm »
Somebody should tell the jug eared twat about Lemsip Max, his snotty voice is turning my stomach (headphones in).
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TheCunningScorpion

• Main Stander
« Reply #9566 on: January 21, 2024, 10:54:59 pm »
What is Given talking about? He says that Nunez had a strange game, despite scoring two goals, as he missed quite a few other chances.... Did he? I can't remember him missing any guilt edge chances and scored two lovely goals, can't he just be praised without the erroneous qualifications?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 11:00:54 pm by TheCunningScorpion »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9567 on: January 21, 2024, 11:03:39 pm »
What is Given talking about? He says that Nunez had a strange game, despite scoring two goals, as he missed quite a few other chances.... Did he? I can't remember him missing any guild edge chances and scored two lovely goals, can't he just be praised without the erroneous qualifications?

According to the stats, he had 3 shots, so no, didn’t miss loads. So this is just pure agenda from pundits again with Darwin, it's fucking mad, like proper bullying. Can’t just hold their hands up and say he’s great, and contributes every game, always with the digs.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9568 on: January 21, 2024, 11:05:19 pm »
What is Given talking about? He says that Nunez had a strange game, despite scoring two goals, as he missed quite a few other chances.... Did he? I can't remember him missing any guilt edge chances and scored two lovely goals, can't he just be praised without the erroneous qualifications?

At it again on the Sheff Utd penalty.. Shay says no, but it's a stonewall pen.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9569 on: January 21, 2024, 11:06:55 pm »
According to the stats, he had 3 shots, so no, didn’t miss loads. So this is just pure agenda from pundits again with Darwin, it's fucking mad, like proper bullying. Can’t just hold their hands up and say he’s great, and contributes every game, always with the digs.

So the 2 goals, plus the 30 yard pot shot in the first half.

Shay Given is literally making things up.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9570 on: January 21, 2024, 11:52:14 pm »

Take no fucking notice of them. They’re brainless, racist fucking sheep. Literally too stupid and lazy to have an original thought.

Once one says it they all pile in cos it must be right.

Mo’s a diver.
Trent can’t defend
Nunez is shit

Etc etc.

Fucking bellends..

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9571 on: January 22, 2024, 12:05:17 am »
Murphy saying late West Ham incident on Bowen was 50/50 :lmao

Dope

Jurgen Klopp

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #9572 on: January 22, 2024, 12:05:50 am »
Imagine we win the league. Had to be refs and var helped us

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9573 on: January 22, 2024, 12:08:25 am »
Imagine we win the league. Had to be refs and var helped us

We won it by 22 pts and it was VAR

Jurgen Klopp

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #9574 on: January 22, 2024, 10:26:43 am »
Just read Danny Murphy’s analysis on the MOTD webpage.
Apparently Macca has played No6 role more often than not. Ermmm. Except when He hasn’t been in the team for weeks.
And apparently we won the European cup with only one goal scorer, Mo. Sadio was merely back up as was Bobby.
I might be getting old but Sadio was pushing Mo for the golden boot at one point.
Gotta make history fit his narrative.
As for Darwin, he is suddenly a great striker.
As if that gremlin knows more than Klopp.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9575 on: January 22, 2024, 12:00:32 pm »

Must have his words mixed up or just another poor pundit. Must be hard to find good ones these days. I remember watching it when Hansen was on talking about defending, proper called it out when it was shocking. Who do we have these days Richard's, Keown?.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9576 on: January 22, 2024, 12:27:52 pm »
Must have his words mixed up or just another poor pundit. Must be hard to find good ones these days. I remember watching it when Hansen was on talking about defending, proper called it out when it was shocking. Who do we have these days Richard's, Keown?.

I am not sure who is worse these days, the ones that are just brainless clickbait merchants or the ones that try and fail to be pseudo-intellectual analysts while spouting shite.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9577 on: January 22, 2024, 12:45:10 pm »
The sooner they fuck the TV Licence off the better. Paying for these dickheads is galling.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #9578 on: January 22, 2024, 03:34:46 pm »
The sooner they fuck the TV Licence off the better. Paying for these dickheads is galling.
The pundits are no better on Sky. The BBC, for all its faults, is generally the go-to station for football games that are covered by more than one channel because viewers want to see the event and not the ads. The TV licence also pays for much more than the TV - local radio, internet etc - and caters for a wider range of tastes and ages.  Having spent some time in the USA, I really started to appreciated the BBC

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9579 on: January 22, 2024, 03:39:36 pm »
I choose not to subscribe to Sky or BT Sport though. I'm forced to pay for the BBC.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9580 on: January 22, 2024, 03:40:38 pm »
What is Given talking about?
He mentioned something about the Jota incident and penalty claim and it was confusing so I stopped listening.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9581 on: January 22, 2024, 03:41:11 pm »
I choose not to subscribe to Sky or BT Sport though. I'm forced to pay for the BBC.

You aren't forced though, especially in this day and age with all the streaming services that you don't need a license for.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9582 on: January 22, 2024, 05:20:34 pm »

Their podcasts, Radio 4, local radio, science and nature docs, plus iPlayer, are great.

Most football pundits are terrible, at least there aren't any adds, on the BBC.

Online Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #9583 on: January 22, 2024, 10:19:23 pm »
Just watching this and you’d swear that we were lucky in that first half going off those highlights. 😂

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9584 on: January 23, 2024, 12:36:40 am »
no you aren't, don't watch any live TV or BBC iPlayer and you don't need one
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #9585 on: January 23, 2024, 08:13:49 am »
Seems he's retired from football punditry according to what he said here. 

I'm a big fan of Wrighty - he's the same lad as he always was the very first time he came on the scene. He's much more relaxed in himself these days now he's grown-up o'course. I'll miss his laughs and so will Lineker I think. Tarra Wrighty :wave :wave :wave
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #9586 on: January 23, 2024, 09:15:37 am »
I'm a big fan of Wrighty too. I remember him doing an interview talking about his favourite teacher.

https://youtu.be/6caCqn_nD6o?si=AZbNKZ8wM4TkUHzH

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #9587 on: January 23, 2024, 09:42:51 am »
I'm a big fan of Wrighty - he's the same lad as he always was the very first time he came on the scene. He's much more relaxed in himself these days now he's grown-up o'course. I'll miss his laughs and so will Lineker I think. Tarra Wrighty :wave :wave :wave
He really, really likes us as well.
Such a pity - he was one of the good ones

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9588 on: January 23, 2024, 09:48:35 am »
Of the 'taxes' I pay, the BBC licence fee is a pleasure.  Its a great service.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9589 on: January 23, 2024, 01:26:08 pm »
I'd happily get a 1p refund on the licence not to have Garth Crook's team of the week. If ever there was easy money in this world it's what he is getting, whatever it is.

To use David Squires' Carragher commented, it is predetermined. Nunez, Jota, Gabriel, Toney, De Bruyne, Silva, MacAlister.....who would have guessed. You could pick the team from reading the papers.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 01:29:39 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9590 on: January 23, 2024, 01:37:39 pm »
Their podcasts, Radio 4, local radio, science and nature docs, plus iPlayer, are great.

And going further down that Tangent.....I know it's trendy to love Netflix and Prime etc....but the best Dramas on TV are BBC dramas

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9591 on: January 23, 2024, 01:41:00 pm »
And going further down that Tangent.....I know it's trendy to love Netflix and Prime etc....but the best Dramas on TV are BBC dramas

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #9592 on: January 24, 2024, 07:20:41 am »
He really, really likes us as well.
Such a pity - he was one of the good ones

And he's a genuine ordinary lad. Years ago, I worked in the Golf Centre at Mottram Hall Hotel in Cheshire. England under Hoddle were training there at the time for the 1998 World Cup in France and I used to watch their training sessions for 5 or ten minutes whenever I was passing in the golf buggy. England were training this day and Wrighty scored an absolute blinder past Seaman - it was a 4 foot-off-the-ground volley that ripped into the roof of the net from some 20 yards. A little later on, I'd gone into the bar and the equipment store of the sports centre and Wrighty came in to have a nose around. I said to him " Ian, that was an absolute cracker you stuck away this morning." His eyes widened and he said "Did you see it then?" I replied "Oh aye, which was more than I could say for Big Dave Seaman!" He pissed himself laughing said thanks mate and swaggered off . . .                                                                                                     On the other side of some of those players however, Shearer was a totally up-himself ignorant bastard. He walked into the Golf Shop and I simply said "Good morning Alan". He sauntered past me without a single nod or word of acknowledgment!! Arrogant bastard!!! Never had any ferking time for him ever since!!

My final comment is of course, that was the very same time when Hoddle left Gascoigne out of the squad to go to France 98 and when an absolutely raging lost-the-plot Gazza totally blitzed his hotel room to smithereens!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 07:28:03 am by JohnnoWhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #9593 on: January 24, 2024, 03:43:53 pm »

Yep, get Joey Barton on the payroll

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9594 on: March 2, 2024, 10:45:00 pm »
These bellends pushing that agenda.

If Liverpool got the drop ball when they should have had it, they score, then go on to score 6 more. Should have been 7-0 to us in my opinion.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #9595 on: March 2, 2024, 10:45:23 pm »
Just to make things even better…we’ve pissed off Jenas. Glorious.
AHA!

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9596 on: March 2, 2024, 10:46:05 pm »
Jenas the fucking bellend.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #9597 on: March 2, 2024, 10:46:07 pm »
Jenas was 'livid'

The soft, boring bastard.

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9598 on: March 2, 2024, 10:47:04 pm »
Do you want vinegar on your chips love?

No thanks, Jermaine Jenas’s salty tears will do.

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9599 on: March 2, 2024, 10:47:23 pm »
Piss off back to the One Show Jenas, you tedious knoblord