Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 108924 times)

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jarell Quansah
« Reply #280 on: September 27, 2023, 10:05:11 pm »
Agree. Klopp had a laugh with the "Billy the Kid" stuff around Koumetio, but the truth is, he never looked a player in a proper game for us. Was an absolute mile off it the last time I saw him play a league cup game. Rhys Williams did admittedly look composed in his first couple of appearances, and obviously ended up doing a job for us later that season, but he never looked like a physically dominating CB in quite the same way that Quansah already has. He has a proper man body already, and the way he just sort of bullied their player and then showed vision in getting the assist tonight was great.

It is early days, but I think Quansah has everything to have a future here, at least in the squad if not first choice.

Williams is unfortunately just far too slow to be a Liverpool CB, unless we abandon playing with a high line, but I'm sure he'll make a career for himself somewhere. Koumetio seemed to me one of those players who stands out at youth level because of his physical gifts but who perhaps doesn't have the required concentration or reading of the game to really stake a claim here - capable of great moments but he's a very erratic player when I've watched him play, and that's probably the last quality you want in a CB.

Quansah by contrast looks to have the style/physique of a Liverpool CB (quick, good on the ball) but seems to read the game well for his relatively tender years, and never looks flustered. As you say, whilst it may be too early to judge whether he can be a first-team option he's doing himself absolutely no harm in terms of locking down a squad position.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: September 27, 2023, 10:05:51 pm »
Solid performance, confident front foot defending and decent on the ball. Got done once on a counter towards the end of the first half, poor positioning and decision making there, but overall another very encouraging performance.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #282 on: September 27, 2023, 10:06:11 pm »
Looks so comfortable already. Stepped out at one point when Leicester were on the counter, but was pretty much flawless outside of that.

I now wonder if we just stumbled into this scenario or if it was the plan?
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #283 on: September 27, 2023, 10:07:03 pm »
I remember watching the u21s after Billy's impressive pre season and Quansah looked a much more mature defender.

Totally, they misread it going overboard on billy the kid, before Jarrell the Goblin King

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #284 on: September 27, 2023, 10:19:04 pm »
Jarell Quansah on his season so far: "It has been nice. I just wanted the opportunity. That was the biggest thing for me. I'm glad I took it. I have so much to improve still, at times I was giving the ball away on the pitch. I am a perfectionist." (LFCTV)

He is a good lad. The kind that Klopp absolutely adores. If he stays fit he'll continue to get chances and possibly save us a good 60-70 million we'd otherwise have to pay for a defender with his attributes.
Can also see why Matip may get extended for a couple years so that he can be around while Quansah develops without the additional pressure.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: September 27, 2023, 10:22:02 pm »
Genuinely think he has everything to go on and be a mainstay in the team. Has so much confidence on the ball and seems to read the game very well at just 20.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: September 27, 2023, 10:23:13 pm »
Looks so comfortable already. Stepped out at one point when Leicester were on the counter, but was pretty much flawless outside of that.

The latter by the looks of it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: September 27, 2023, 10:31:23 pm »
Where is that polar bear in Texas meme? The man got an assist running on the right wing.  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: September 27, 2023, 10:33:22 pm »
Jarell Quansah vs Leicester City:

• Assists - 1
• Accurate Passes - 81/89
• Chances Created - 1
• Shot Accuracy - 1/1
• Final 3rd Passes - 5
• Blocks - 1
• Clearances - 1
• Interceptions - 3
• Recoveries - 4

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: September 27, 2023, 11:05:34 pm »
He hasn't put a foot wrong since he's played, looks composed like he's been playing in the first team for years.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #290 on: September 27, 2023, 11:06:55 pm »
"Can not watch him without smiling" - Klopp.

Wow. Fair to say Jarrell's gonna play tons this season.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #291 on: September 27, 2023, 11:09:29 pm »
And he’s still playing slightly within himself with his passing, he’s shown glimpses of a fantastic range of passing and a Virgil-esque switch.
AHA!

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: September 27, 2023, 11:19:26 pm »
"Can not watch him without smiling" - Klopp.

Wow. Fair to say Jarrell's gonna play tons this season.
He was talking about Doak tbf.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: September 27, 2023, 11:26:23 pm »
Have been watching Quansah since his U18 days. He was tall, a bit slight but always composed. He is a big boy now, has really matured physically

He looks comfortable and not out of place at all within the 1st team squad. Klopp is bedding him in very well. He is here to stay
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #294 on: September 27, 2023, 11:36:16 pm »
Have been watching Quansah since his U18 days. He was tall, a bit slight but always composed. He is a big boy now, has really matured physically

He looks comfortable and not out of place at all within the 1st team squad. Klopp is bedding him in very well. He is here to stay
Fnar! ;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2023, 11:44:24 pm »
Always nice to see an academy product step into the first team and not look out of place. Still got a couple of years left until he reaches his physical peak and with the options we have at the back he’s got all the time in the world to slowly increase minutes over the next 2-3 years.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: September 28, 2023, 12:40:58 am »
Reasonably comfortable in the right wing position, but playing slightly within himself rather than going hell for leather at the opposition full back. Got an assist, but left Jota with a lot to do. Needs to run at the opposition defence more if he's hoping to displace Salah from the RF position.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2023, 12:49:54 am »
This seasons squad keeps throwing us surprises, none more so than Jarell. My god, he looks like a proper defender. Suddenly got a serious option alongside the others.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2023, 12:50:55 am »
The latter by the looks of it.
I think so, too. The only thing that makes me question that is the articles about him going on loan late in the summer, although those might have been from less reputable sources.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2023, 01:24:14 am »

No way did we stumble into this scenario. Klopp and the coaching staff will have seen what Quansah is capable of and they have come to the conclusion that he can play a role in our team. Mostly for odd appearances, but also in a more prominent role, if we get injuries and suspensions. I have no doubt about that hearing how Klopp has been talking about him for weeks and months. People wanted us to sign a centreback (and I wouldn't have said no to one either looking at the players we had and how they performed last season). The people in the club clearly had a better idea and from the looks of it, they were right.

Agree on the situation with the counter. He looked like he has been doing this for ages, just stayed calm and made sure nothing crazy happened.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #300 on: September 28, 2023, 01:58:18 am »
Klopp magics guys like Quansah. All the right tools just needs to be shown The Way.

Giraffe TributeGallop for Jotas Backheel  was just fantastic  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: September 28, 2023, 05:35:33 am »
Who knows whether we knew he would look this good this quickly and whether not buying a CB in the summer was due to confidence in him. This is one of those times that people make confident pronouncements whilst having no way of knowing. That said, I thought it was really concerning that we were being forced into playing our 5th choice CB so early in the season. But it’s now looking like he might be 3rd or 4th choice by the end of the season and I’m already extremely relaxed about him in the starting 11.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: September 28, 2023, 06:27:25 am »
Where is that polar bear in Texas meme? The man got an assist running on the right wing.  ;D

we got a prime figo playing in defence.

get the fuck out of here.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: September 28, 2023, 06:30:45 am »
Few minor hiccups last night but a really amazing game all in all. He must be enjoying the ride. 😁

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: September 28, 2023, 06:41:09 am »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 06:43:13 am by RedG13 »

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #305 on: September 28, 2023, 07:27:01 am »

Yes, he just looks so composed and comfortable under pressure, and makes great decisions for such a young player.

Perhaps the plan was to bed him in this season, whilst using Joe across the back line when needed, and Bajetic as back up defensive cover when needed. Endo could also do a job there, so it's looking like the decision not to buy a defender in the summer might gave been the plan, and not quite the 'amateur hour shitshow' some were saying in the transfer thread.

Jurgen must be absolutely buzzing at what he can do with Quansah - so many great ingredients to work with already.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: September 28, 2023, 07:43:38 am »
Who knows whether we knew he would look this good this quickly and whether not buying a CB in the summer was due to confidence in him. This is one of those times that people make confident pronouncements whilst having no way of knowing. That said, I thought it was really concerning that we were being forced into playing our 5th choice CB so early in the season. But it’s now looking like he might be 3rd or 4th choice by the end of the season and I’m already extremely relaxed about him in the starting 11.

What ?

These are the games that we have to use to play the youngsters & he's more likely to be 3rd choice in another couple of months than the end of the season.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: September 28, 2023, 07:47:49 am »
What ?

These are the games that we have to use to play the youngsters & he's more likely to be 3rd choice in another couple of months than the end of the season.

Firstly, I was wrong to be so concerned, he’s boss so far. Secondly, I don’t mean the league cup games, I mean when he was starting in the PL so early. I’d have been very happy to have him starting league cup games, perhaps even Europa League games. But, clearly, what do I know.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #308 on: September 28, 2023, 11:25:03 am »
There was moment when Leicester had swung in a dangerous cross with our defenders rushing to get back. Quansah, right in front of our own goal where all manner of things can go wrong, basically caught the cross with his foot on the volley and harmlessly dinked it out to the side. Cool as anything. Great defending.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: September 28, 2023, 11:47:19 am »
He's a great advert for young players going out on loan.  Half a season in League One - even under the tutelage of Joey Barton - seems to have helped bring him on no end.

I've an old friend who is a Bristol Rovers season ticket holder and he slated Quansah early on.  Apparently he would dive into tackles, including giving away a penalty on his debut, and couldn't head the ball properly which is likely a result of the academy approach to playing on the ground and also being against fellow kids most the time.  By the end he was raving about him and it sounds like Bristol Rovers were keen on loaning him again.  He also had a red card for violent conduct near the end of the season which, whilst not ideal!, is all good education for him.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #310 on: September 28, 2023, 11:58:25 am »
How is he for pace do we reckon? Not rapid but not Rhys Williams/Nat Phillips slow?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #311 on: September 28, 2023, 12:08:26 pm »
How is he for pace do we reckon? Not rapid but not Rhys Williams/Nat Phillips slow?

Much quicker than Williams and Phillips when he gets into his stride. Will be interesting to see where he ends up because for me he looks like the VVD role as the middle dominant centre-back looks his best position.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #312 on: September 28, 2023, 12:38:19 pm »
Like the look of this lad, slowly getting minutes under his belt and learning from some of the best in the busines, without the pressure of it being because of some sort of crisis like when Williams and Phillips were thrown in at the deep end.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: September 28, 2023, 02:26:39 pm »
Much quicker than Williams and Phillips when he gets into his stride. Will be interesting to see where he ends up because for me he looks like the VVD role as the middle dominant centre-back looks his best position.

Plenty of top defenders who are not necessarily the fastest. Some speed is good, but I think anticipation, good understanding of the game and good positioning and good clear decision making are the most important things. He's showing early promise, but he needs more games and more experience, and to stay fit of course.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: September 28, 2023, 02:31:39 pm »
Love how he celebrated the goal more than Diogo. ;D

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: September 28, 2023, 02:43:03 pm »
Love how he celebrated the goal more than Diogo. ;D
That was a very low bar to get over though!  For saying how Jota goaded their fans after the penalty shoot-out win that was a stone-cold "you mean nothing to me" dismissal of Leicester City.

Just had a fella from the academy on the radio talking about Quansah and that he was a right back until quite recently.  With our actual right back inverting a lot us having another central defender that is comfortable being dragged wider is really useful.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 5, 2023, 10:01:07 pm »
This guy is class. Another fine performance.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: October 5, 2023, 10:02:08 pm »
The kid is good.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: October 5, 2023, 10:02:49 pm »
Only 20 and is going to get so much better.  Another top performance.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: October 5, 2023, 10:05:44 pm »
He’s ace.