Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2017195 times)

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #14360 on: July 29, 2022, 02:19:02 pm »
It might be the case that Firmino wants three years just like Salah and that might be holding things up a bit. I'm 50/50 on whether he'll be at the club next summer. Hopefully he is.

He just needs to stay fit and get back to form, no reason why we couldn’t offer him 2 + an option to extend it further if he’s doing well

He won’t be the pressing monster he once was but he’s still the most skilful forward we’ve had in years

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14361 on: July 31, 2022, 07:00:15 am »
thought he played well and looking fit ... very important player for us
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14362 on: July 31, 2022, 07:17:54 am »
Bobby's back
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14363 on: July 31, 2022, 10:56:23 am »
thought he played well and looking fit ... very important player for us
Yep, and hopefully news of new contract not far away.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14364 on: July 31, 2022, 03:32:47 pm »
Roberto Firmino confirms he has no intention to leave: “I love this team, city and fans. I'm here at Liverpool and I want to stay”, he tells TNT Brazil.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14365 on: July 31, 2022, 03:45:27 pm »
Samie, never thought I'd say this but you've made my day.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14366 on: July 31, 2022, 04:19:11 pm »

;D

More Bobby makes everyone's day...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14367 on: July 31, 2022, 04:41:32 pm »
He said the same a couple of months ago. It's just that the transfer junkies refused to accept it and continued talking about our 'wanting to get rid' and his 'wanting to move on' and all the other blather.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #14368 on: July 31, 2022, 04:44:09 pm »
x2.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14369 on: August 1, 2022, 03:41:24 pm »
;D

More Bobby makes everyone's day...

I love him. Can't wait to see the first goal celebration.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14370 on: August 1, 2022, 05:38:34 pm »
Probably is his last season with us as his days as a first XI player are at an end and there's going to be a glut of clubs on the continent trying to get him on a bosman in the new year.

I just hope he stays fit and gives us one last big contribution to go with his already stellar LFC career.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14371 on: August 1, 2022, 05:49:49 pm »
Probably is his last season with us as his days as a first XI player are at an end and there's going to be a glut of clubs on the continent trying to get him on a bosman in the new year.

I just hope he stays fit and gives us one last big contribution to go with his already stellar LFC career.
Have you booked his taxi as well?

FML!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #14372 on: August 1, 2022, 06:04:38 pm »
In reality the club aren’t going to offer him another long term contract.  He either walks, or they may give him 1 year extensions, which he may or may not accept. 

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14373 on: August 1, 2022, 06:19:15 pm »
He's already said he's ready to be realistic about money, so he's not going to be that difficult about duration, I'd have thought. Bit of a Milner situation - as long as the manager feels he has something to offer, he wants to stay.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14374 on: August 1, 2022, 06:26:11 pm »
In reality, lol

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #14375 on: August 1, 2022, 06:30:24 pm »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14376 on: August 1, 2022, 06:36:41 pm »
You think they will?

Why would they give Hendo/VVD/others long term extensions but Bobby a one year extension? It’s bonkers talk
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #14377 on: August 1, 2022, 06:42:34 pm »
Why would they give Hendo/VVD/others long term extensions but Bobby a one year extension? It’s bonkers talk

Depends if the club feel he is past his peak, or can still operate at a required level for the next 4 years.  I guess they with VVD and Hendo they felt they could. 

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14378 on: August 1, 2022, 06:47:36 pm »
You think they will?
I don't know, and I don't claim to know. That's the point.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14379 on: August 1, 2022, 06:49:31 pm »
Depends if the club feel he is past his peak, or can still operate at a required level for the next 4 years.  I guess they with VVD and Hendo they felt they could. 

Bobby adds off the pitch stuff too, helping younger players settle , can teach them so much in training etc. Loved it Saturday when he was in the middle of the celebrations for Darwins goal.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #14380 on: August 1, 2022, 06:54:37 pm »
I don't know, and I don't claim to know. That's the point.

Don’t think anyone is claiming to know. 

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14381 on: August 1, 2022, 06:58:03 pm »
Bobby adds off the pitch stuff too, helping younger players settle , can teach them so much in training etc. Loved it Saturday when he was in the middle of the celebrations for Darwins goal.

Plus vital honing of their goal celebrations, priceless...

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14382 on: August 1, 2022, 06:59:26 pm »
Don’t think anyone is claiming to know. 
In reality the club aren’t going to offer him another long term contract. 

Changed your mind in 50 minutes?

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #14383 on: August 1, 2022, 07:23:39 pm »
Changed your mind in 50 minutes?

Nope.  Me saying ‘in reality’ means its what i think.  Just like the previous poster said ‘probably’.  They weren’t claiming to know.  Sorry if this wasn’t clear enough for you. 

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14384 on: August 1, 2022, 07:25:41 pm »

Even if his days as a starter of the majority of our games are over (and that's no bad thing, the criticism of the team a few years ago was that we don't have any depth beyond Salah/Mane/Firmino and we actually have that now), that doesn't mean in any way this is his last year with us. It just means we have a deeper squad and there's nothing to suggest Firmino isn't an important part of it. I can't see how it's necessarily a dead cert this is his final year here?

Online daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #14385 on: August 1, 2022, 07:26:26 pm »
He still offers so much in game. I think he'll be here for another 2/3 seasons, and as others have said, great player to learn from and not just in an attacking sense

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14386 on: August 1, 2022, 07:39:59 pm »
Even if his days as a starter of the majority of our games are over (and that's no bad thing, the criticism of the team a few years ago was that we don't have any depth beyond Salah/Mane/Firmino and we actually have that now), that doesn't mean in any way this is his last year with us. It just means we have a deeper squad and there's nothing to suggest Firmino isn't an important part of it. I can't see how it's necessarily a dead cert this is his final year here?

It a depends on if he's happy to play that role going forward or will he want more game time elsewhere because he won't be short of suitors come January.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14387 on: August 1, 2022, 07:47:56 pm »
It a depends on if he's happy to play that role going forward or will he want more game time elsewhere because he won't be short of suitors come January.

He won't but there's nothing to suggest he won't be getting ample game time here, surely? Last season was a bit stop-start due to injuries but generally, whenever he's been fit, he's been part of the first team squad, same as Jota or Diaz.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #14388 on: August 1, 2022, 08:14:07 pm »
In the very unlikely event that every forward would be fit for every game I believe Firmino would get 12-14 league starts. If he stays fit he'll likely get a few more. The question though is: can he and Núñez play together? If they find a way to not run into each others' space then he may well get more. If those two will start together I think it's most likely with a very attacking lineup at Anfield against opposition that will just park the bus.

Obviously Núñez will be first choice given the price tag and the promising play from the get-go. Then what that does to Firmino's role remains to be seen.
Linudden.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14389 on: August 1, 2022, 08:16:10 pm »
Nope.  Me saying ‘in reality’ means its what i think.  Just like the previous poster said ‘probably’.  They weren’t claiming to know.  Sorry if this wasn’t clear enough for you. 

What you think is reality? Wow, nice one...

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #14390 on: August 1, 2022, 09:14:02 pm »
What you think is reality? Wow, nice one...

If that’s what you understood from that i can’t help you…

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14391 on: August 1, 2022, 09:34:57 pm »
He says that he wants to stay & that's good enough for me until anything changes.

Whatever he decides,he will be leaving as an absolute legend when he does go.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #14392 on: August 1, 2022, 10:59:26 pm »
he will stay he want to stay hes realistic ...hes a massive part of the club and i see him staying after his playing days are gone ...a bit like milner maybe coaching roles

plus alot seem to think hes on his last legs playing wise ive seen nothing pre season to suggest that and i thought he had a very good game againts city + klopp tells everyone just how important he is to the team .... he will staywe will extend his contract ... to many supporters today think lets replace without really thinking why ...why would you rid of a world class player
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #14393 on: August 3, 2022, 07:50:08 pm »

'“I’m passing the phone to…” 🤣' - a 40 second video from LFC:-

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1554895122210381826
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14394 on: August 3, 2022, 07:55:36 pm »

Is right!

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #14395 on: August 3, 2022, 08:00:07 pm »

👍
Why was my post deleted?

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14396 on: August 3, 2022, 08:24:07 pm »

Fucking phenomenal...

Listen to Thiago a few times...

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14397 on: August 3, 2022, 10:14:35 pm »
Not gonna lie but from all the Inside Training, Inside Match Day, Celebrations and stuff we see of Firmino. I honestly think hes viewed as a massive integral person in the moral of this dressing room.

Really hope we get an extension sorted for him, think he would be a massive loss to this team.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #14398 on: August 3, 2022, 11:52:37 pm »
Not gonna lie but from all the Inside Training, Inside Match Day, Celebrations and stuff we see of Firmino. I honestly think hes viewed as a massive integral person in the moral of this dressing room.

Really hope we get an extension sorted for him, think he would be a massive loss to this team.

And his song would be a massive miss in the stadium!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14399 on: August 4, 2022, 02:43:43 am »

Remember… Klopp said Mane and salah were world class in training most days, but Bobby was world class in training EVERY day…

His professionalism goes unnoticed
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W