Author Topic: Television buying  (Read 373256 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Television buying
« Reply #5200 on: November 26, 2020, 02:45:55 pm »
so there's obviously no stock on this entire fucking island.

Thought it was strange.  I had a Q80T in my Amazon basket along with a 90T while I decided which one to go for.

The 80T disappeared from the basket and cant find it anywhere on Amazon.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5201 on: November 26, 2020, 02:47:04 pm »
Thought it was strange.  I had a Q80T in my Amazon basket along with a 90T while I decided which one to go for.

The 80T disappeared from the basket and cant find it anywhere on Amazon.

john lewis does have some but only "online stock"

stupid, but it means they do have some.

it's being delivered on tuesday.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5202 on: November 26, 2020, 03:43:43 pm »
john lewis does have some but only "online stock"

stupid, but it means they do have some.

it's being delivered on tuesday.

Mine being delivered Tuesday too.

Went for the Q90T.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5203 on: November 26, 2020, 04:02:40 pm »
Mine being delivered Tuesday too.

Went for the Q90T.

I couldn't be arsed spending the extra £300

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #5204 on: November 26, 2020, 10:36:24 pm »
Same as above. Tv’s usually have a few picture settings that have it switched off, cinema or movie mode should do it.

Has nothing to do with motion smoothing, simply the inherit detail of 4k that makes a lot of stuff filmed on a stage look a bit, stagey.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5205 on: November 26, 2020, 11:58:50 pm »
Has nothing to do with motion smoothing, simply the inherit detail of 4k that makes a lot of stuff filmed on a stage look a bit, stagey.

If you’ve already turned it off fair enough, never heard of someone preferring 1080 to 4K but each to their own!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5206 on: November 27, 2020, 01:12:45 am »
Just brought the 65 inch Toshiba from Argos for £429 that i've been looking at, pick any day from tomorrow[Saturday] for free delivery, & could pick a time slot, so i went for 7-11am. :)
#Sausages

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5207 on: November 27, 2020, 01:47:24 am »
First test of Richer Sounds 6yr guarantee to come... my parents 3yr old (nearly to the day) LG from them which I got them has lost the ability to get WiFi signal and the sound is on the blink (randomly) too. Quick search makes it seem to be a relatively common fault.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5208 on: November 27, 2020, 03:45:40 pm »
Despite great advice from MBL - had a big argument with my missus who thinks I'm fucking mental :)

She didn't notice anything and any attempt by me to explain it is met with anger :D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 03:56:48 pm by Andy ⁎ Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5209 on: November 30, 2020, 01:05:16 am »
Been trying to get the Samsung 55Q80T but cant find any in stock. Doing the lads bedroom up and decided to get him a telly that will suit his Xmas PS5 (which hes already got) but there out of stock everywhere as far as I can tell. Are they likely to be restocked as there's no expected in dates I can see.

The other 55 inch one is the LG OLED CX which is available but is loads more cash wise and not sure if there will be £400 worth of difference.

Apart from that he'll only be using it for the odd firestick movie or TV.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5210 on: November 30, 2020, 01:07:41 am »
Been trying to get the Samsung 55Q80T but cant find any in stock. Doing the lads bedroom up and decided to get him a telly that will suit his Xmas PS5 (which hes already got) but there out of stock everywhere as far as I can tell. Are they likely to be restocked as there's no expected in dates I can see.

The other 55 inch one is the LG OLED CX which is available but is loads more cash wise and not sure if there will be £400 worth of difference.

Apart from that he'll only be using it for the odd firestick movie or TV.

I have the 80t and its fantastic for the PS5. I'm loving it. 4k is brilliant, and it supports up to 120hrz.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5211 on: November 30, 2020, 04:03:49 am »
First test of Richer Sounds 6yr guarantee to come... my parents 3yr old (nearly to the day) LG from them which I got them has lost the ability to get WiFi signal and the sound is on the blink (randomly) too. Quick search makes it seem to be a relatively common fault.

Been decent so far. Responded to my email in minutes and gave a direct number to ring them. Talked through a hard reset and sent the instructions by email so I could do it as my parents are useless. Said if that didn’t work (it didn’t) to ring and they’ll arrange an engineer.

That’s getting done today so we’ll see how quick that happens. It’s their only TV which can get Prime on it and he’s gonna be pissed if it’s not fixed before our game.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #5212 on: November 30, 2020, 04:21:33 am »
I know a lot of people recommend Richer Sounds due to warranty but if you have OLED burn in issues further down the line it's basically worthless.
https://www.avforums.com/threads/richer-sounds-oled-warranty-warning-solved.2201934/

Currys are better with it, and you only get a year less:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/your-experience-with-oled-burn-in.18843741/page-22
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 04:32:12 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5213 on: November 30, 2020, 09:29:07 am »
I have the 80t and its fantastic for the PS5. I'm loving it. 4k is brilliant, and it supports up to 120hrz.

Thanks OOS. The problem i have is there's no timescale for if/when the 55" version will be in stock again. And for £1299 for the LG 55" OLED o could get the 65" Samsung which i could have delivered tomorrow.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5214 on: November 30, 2020, 09:39:49 am »
55" 80Ts for some reason seem to be extremely popular! I struggled like fuck to find stock anywhere last week but found some eventually on JL, but they're now showing out of stock too.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #5215 on: November 30, 2020, 04:11:48 pm »
Q80T 55' available at eBuyer but for £100 more:
https://www.ebuyer.com/1126256-samsung-qe55q80t-55-q80t-qled-4k-hdr-1500-smart-tv-with-tizen-qe55q80tat

No other stock in the UK.

Just to add though, I upgraded from a 55 to a 65 and it was very much worth it.   :wave
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 04:15:41 pm by Kashinoda »

Offline blert596

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5216 on: November 30, 2020, 08:15:22 pm »
Q80T 55' available at eBuyer but for £100 more:
https://www.ebuyer.com/1126256-samsung-qe55q80t-55-q80t-qled-4k-hdr-1500-smart-tv-with-tizen-qe55q80tat

No other stock in the UK.

Just to add though, I upgraded from a 55 to a 65 and it was very much worth it.   :wave

I have a 65 in my living room (a Hisense) but I'm bolloxed if I'm giving my lad a 65" brand new QT while I make do with my Hisense.   He can fuck right off  :D

Now I'm in a dilemma as to whether to buy the 55QT for £999 from above, or the 65 which would only be 300 quid more and are in stock in most places.

Id the LG 55 Oled worth it, being the same price as the QT65? I know it has full 2.1 on each HDMI but not sure I actually need that. What else is better about it (apart from the deep blacks bit).

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5217 on: November 30, 2020, 09:49:39 pm »
Got my TV[Toshiba 65 inch] delivered on Saturday morning, it's huge, great picture, sound is good too., it took me half an hour to get it out of the box, & another 90 minutes to set it up, such as fitting the stands on, the instruction manual might as well have been be in a different language.
#Sausages

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #5218 on: November 30, 2020, 10:29:54 pm »
I have a 65 in my living room (a Hisense) but I'm bolloxed if I'm giving my lad a 65" brand new QT while I make do with my Hisense.   He can fuck right off  :D

Now I'm in a dilemma as to whether to buy the 55QT for £999 from above, or the 65 which would only be 300 quid more and are in stock in most places.

Id the LG 55 Oled worth it, being the same price as the QT65? I know it has full 2.1 on each HDMI but not sure I actually need that. What else is better about it (apart from the deep blacks bit).

:lmao just give him the Hisense, he should be so lucky.

The Samsung also has HDMI 2.1 and all the goodies.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 10:32:31 pm by Kashinoda »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5219 on: November 30, 2020, 11:58:01 pm »

There's also the option of picking up the Flagship 55" Q90T for an extra 200 quid

I took delivery of mine today and watched West Ham v Villa earlier in normal HD.  Oh my god wonderful (apart from Moyes who looks shit whatever the resolution).  Especially in Dynamic picture mode.

I'm getting SKY Q ASAP and can only imagine what the footy will look like in UHD.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5220 on: December 1, 2020, 07:38:57 am »
Got my TV[Toshiba 65 inch] delivered on Saturday morning, it's huge, great picture, sound is good too., it took me half an hour to get it out of the box, & another 90 minutes to set it up, such as fitting the stands on, the instruction manual might as well have been be in a different language.

How is the TV mate?

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5221 on: December 1, 2020, 09:49:22 am »
How is the TV mate?

The TV itself is great, gaming[as i have a PS4] is even better, still trying to get to grips with it, main issue i'm struggling connecting it with my laptop, both are wireless enabled & both have bluetooth.
#Sausages

Offline blert596

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5222 on: December 2, 2020, 08:30:51 pm »
There's also the option of picking up the Flagship 55" Q90T for an extra 200 quid

I took delivery of mine today and watched West Ham v Villa earlier in normal HD.  Oh my god wonderful (apart from Moyes who looks shit whatever the resolution).  Especially in Dynamic picture mode.

I'm getting SKY Q ASAP and can only imagine what the footy will look like in UHD.

Ordered the 55" Q80T to be delivered on Friday. Just gotta find some struts to stick a wall mount on now.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2020, 06:07:28 pm by blert596 »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5223 on: December 2, 2020, 09:42:31 pm »
Welcome to the Q90 club Blert. You’ll love it

Sure you’ll find your own way but totally recommend using the Dynamic picture setting for footy.

My Sky Q not going in until January 2nd so no UHD footy for me just yet. Been streaming 4K movies from my PC though and they look magnificent

Enjoy :)

Offline blert596

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5224 on: December 3, 2020, 06:13:40 pm »
Welcome to the Q90 club Blert. You’ll love it

Sure you’ll find your own way but totally recommend using the Dynamic picture setting for footy.

My Sky Q not going in until January 2nd so no UHD footy for me just yet. Been streaming 4K movies from my PC though and they look magnificent

Enjoy :)

Oops meant the Q80 Pete. Itll be in his bedroom so I wont be allowed in there to watch it anyway :-)

I was streaming 4k last night to my bedroom Samsung TV (Cinema HD) and initially using VLC player and the picture was really poor for 4k. Thought it must be the stream but changed the player to MXPro and the pic quality was then perfect.

I wont pay for Sky mate. So the sports I watch (us and golf really) are pretty much stream dependent and quality variable but usually pretty good.

Still can find the wall studs. Off to get a stud finder.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5225 on: December 4, 2020, 01:23:04 am »
What i could do with is a wireless TV aerial, i have the standard one right across my living room making it very easy to trip over, anyone know of a decent wireless TV aerial that's cheap too, seems i might have to get one of those indoor portable aerials?
#Sausages

Offline Carlos Eunuch Alberto

• Only gets a godd rub-down by paying for it - then posts about it on RAWK cos he has no mates to tell.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yeezy Taught Me!!
« Reply #5226 on: December 4, 2020, 10:35:57 am »
Wanted to get the oled cx lg guys, is it likely to be on sale boxing day? Wanted it for my ps5
Utd will win this no doubt about that,
I will happily cut my balls off and post them on here if they don't

Offline blert596

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5227 on: December 4, 2020, 04:41:29 pm »
Anyone recommend a good mounting bracket, as flat as possible for the Q80T.  Had my mind set on the Samsung No Gap one but its not wide enough to mount across 2 wall studs. Looks like it was designed for the American market with a 16" stud separation, not our 600mm. Its a Vesa 600 x 400

Ideally it will be horizontally adjustable, or allow me to offset the mounting across studs, as the studs dont align with a central position on the wall.

Ta

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #5228 on: December 4, 2020, 04:53:57 pm »
I know a lot of people recommend Richer Sounds due to warranty but if you have OLED burn in issues further down the line it's basically worthless.
https://www.avforums.com/threads/richer-sounds-oled-warranty-warning-solved.2201934/

Currys are better with it, and you only get a year less:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/your-experience-with-oled-burn-in.18843741/page-22

Samsung are giving a 10 year warranty on burn in (register online) so it's an option (unless you only want LG OLED).
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5229 on: December 5, 2020, 03:08:36 pm »
How you new TV owners getting on?  I know there was a few of us who ordered new sets last week.

I am finding out you can't just stick on one picture setup for all output.  I love using super bright dynamic mode for footy and sports while the missus loves this mode for her normal TV, soaps and reality shite.  It would probably be cool for a good nature program too but not watched one yet.

When it comes to movies and TV Drama then I have to switch to Filmmakers mode, Movie Mode or simply natural Mode.

Last night had "I'm a celebrity" in Dynamic mode which was fine then went straight to a moody Icelandic crime thriller (Valhalla murders) and it looked horrendous.

Later I was watching the The Hobbit part 2 in Dynamic mode which was utterly horrible.  Changed it to filmmakers mode and it was boss.  This was on E4+1 which isn't even HD and it still looked good.

Other than not watching soaps or reality, any good tips for a better viewing experience on the Samsung is welcome :)

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5230 on: December 5, 2020, 03:15:41 pm »
mine's just stayed on 'natural' for the most part. it seems to work well for most things but I have messed around with the brightness a few times.

'picture clarity settings' goes on and off though. they say it's good for sport but I had the f1 on and it left ghost images of the tv graphics dragging across the screen, and that looked as shit as it sounds.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5231 on: December 5, 2020, 03:15:46 pm »
How you new TV owners getting on?  I know there was a few of us who ordered new sets last week.

I am finding out you can't just stick on one picture setup for all output.  I love using super bright dynamic mode for footy and sports while the missus loves this mode for her normal TV, soaps and reality shite.  It would probably be cool for a good nature program too but not watched one yet.

When it comes to movies and TV Drama then I have to switch to Filmmakers mode, Movie Mode or simply natural Mode.

Last night had "I'm a celebrity" in Dynamic mode which was fine then went straight to a moody Icelandic crime thriller (Valhalla murders) and it looked horrendous.

Later I was watching the The Hobbit part 2 in Dynamic mode which was utterly horrible.  Changed it to filmmakers mode and it was boss.  This was on E4+1 which isn't even HD and it still looked good.

Other than not watching soaps or reality, any good tips for a better viewing experience on the Samsung is welcome :)

This might help?

https://youtu.be/6_dwsaYsvOs?t=318
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #5232 on: December 5, 2020, 10:15:36 pm »
The intelligent mode seems like it could be a good option but the brightness is amped a bit too high at times. I'm running mine mostly in standard right now as I haven't had a chance to do some proper testing as yet.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5233 on: December 6, 2020, 12:06:52 am »
mine's just stayed on 'natural' for the most part. it seems to work well for most things but I have messed around with the brightness a few times.

'picture clarity settings' goes on and off though. they say it's good for sport but I had the f1 on and it left ghost images of the tv graphics dragging across the screen, and that looked as shit as it sounds.

Same tonight with the NFL show. Dynamic mode the ball virtually disappeared on big throws.

Set picture clarity to “off” and it was fine.

Offline blert596

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5234 on: December 7, 2020, 02:27:13 am »

I've no idea is the honest answer. Plumbed in his PS5 on it and thats all thats been on it. I've got a normal TV coax in there but havent connected it (and probably wont), and said I'd put a Firestick on but he says hes not bothered either about having normal TV on it. 

I told him about the TAP View and he said thats cool because even when playing games he has conversations going on his phone. Said he loves the fact you can just tap the screen with his phone to get it to cast to the TV. I said "yeah but your not actually tapping the screen are you? There was a slight (way way way too long IMO) pause before a "no course not"

But, I looked at some 4K stuff on it from Youtube  and it looked great. Gonna have a proper play with it this week.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5235 on: December 7, 2020, 03:11:15 pm »
My new TV has been great, no problems with it.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5236 on: December 9, 2020, 09:42:04 am »
I'm glad i brought my TV from Argos, & not through Currys-PC World, as i was looking at the black Friday deals at Currys-PC World thinking of making a purchase too, until i seen the delivery charges.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55232790
#Sausages

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5237 on: December 9, 2020, 11:43:08 am »
Apologies if this is not the place to ask - my TV is 4k/HDR will I benefit from a good quality HDMI cable connecting my Xbox (Currently a One S - soon to be a Series X) to the TV for 4k/HDR output? Is there such a thing as a 4k HDMI cable?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5238 on: December 9, 2020, 12:38:00 pm »
Apologies if this is not the place to ask - my TV is 4k/HDR will I benefit from a good quality HDMI cable connecting my Xbox (Currently a One S - soon to be a Series X) to the TV for 4k/HDR output? Is there such a thing as a 4k HDMI cable?

There is. There are HDMI 2.1 cables, basically 48 GBPS transfer capable. They're more expensive than regular ones.

BUT you'll only get the most out of it if your TV has a HDMI 2.1 port. Otherwise it's really of no use, you'll be better off sticking with a regular one.

Btw, the Series X comes with a HDMI 2.1 cable  :)
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5239 on: December 9, 2020, 02:48:33 pm »
There is. There are HDMI 2.1 cables, basically 48 GBPS transfer capable. They're more expensive than regular ones.

BUT you'll only get the most out of it if your TV has a HDMI 2.1 port. Otherwise it's really of no use, you'll be better off sticking with a regular one.

Btw, the Series X comes with a HDMI 2.1 cable  :)

Ah cheers! Nice one!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid