Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 534121 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers
« Reply #5760 on: October 31, 2023, 12:22:41 am »
Tragic, but at least he got the order of things around the right way.

Man kills himself instead of carrying out US amusement park shooting, police say

A heavily armed man killed himself rather than carrying out an apparent plan to shoot up a mountaintop amusement park in Colorado, authorities said Monday.

The 20-year-old man was found dead at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park on Saturday morning before it opened to the public, apparently breaking into the park while it was closed. He was armed with an AR-style rifle, a handgun and explosives and was wearing body armor and tactical clothing, authorities said.

The Garfield county sheriff Lou Vallario said a message saying: “I am not a killer, I just want to get into the caves,” was written on a wall of a women’s bathroom where he was found. Vallario could not say for certain that the suspect left the message.

Multiple improvised explosive devices were also found in his vehicle, police had said. Authorities searched the rest of the park for other explosives but suggested no others were found.

“While this investigation is still ongoing and very active, it is important to realize that given the amount of weaponry, ammunition and explosive devices found, the suspect could have implemented an attack of devastating proportions upon our community and first responders,” said Walt Stowe, the Garfield county sheriff’s office spokesperson.

The man, whose name has not been released, was from the area and had a semi-automatic rifle, semi-automatic handgun and multiple, loaded magazines for each weapon, he said. The man’s clothing had patches and emblems that gave the appearance of him being associated with law enforcement, Stowe said.

On Saturday, the Glenwood Springs Post Independent cited Stowe as saying that police were investigating the man’s death as a possible suicide.

The park is located on a mountain above the Colorado River in western Colorado. Its attractions include cave tours, an alpine coaster and a pendulum swing ride perched on the edge of a cliff that sends riders over the river canyon.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/30/colorado-amusement-park-armed-man-dead
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5761 on: October 31, 2023, 01:42:50 am »
Another for the file where guns are useless in an actual life and death situation. Dr. Talat Khan was stabbed to death in her condo’s common area in Conroe, Texas. The murderer had time to check her pulse and continue stabbing her. 17 people with guns rushed out, but he got away and was later apprehended. The first guy grabbed his gun and his sword. Like what the fuck.

“The perpetrator was checking her pulse which was really bad. I saw him checking her pulse, and then he stabbed her three times. Then as I yelled, ‘hey,’ he turned around and looked at me then ran,” Amador said.
About 17 people walked out of their homes with guns. Amador said the police quickly showed up.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2023/10/29/suspect-detained-after-doctor-was-stabbed-to-death-at-conroe-apartment-complex/
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5762 on: October 31, 2023, 12:33:28 pm »
Tragic, but at least he got the order of things around the right way.

Would be interesting to know if a "good guy with a gun" caught up with him getting ready in the lavvy before he got to enact his plan.  Stood at the urinal with cock in hand, trying to grab a pistol out of it's holster whilst the good guy blows his brains out mid-stream...
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #5763 on: October 31, 2023, 12:48:02 pm »
Another for the file where guns are useless in an actual life and death situation. Dr. Talat Khan was stabbed to death in her condo’s common area in Conroe, Texas. The murderer had time to check her pulse and continue stabbing her. 17 people with guns rushed out, but he got away and was later apprehended. The first guy grabbed his gun and his sword. Like what the fuck.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2023/10/29/suspect-detained-after-doctor-was-stabbed-to-death-at-conroe-apartment-complex/

The problem is, that gun-lovers will always find a way to not make that argument work in their own mind and they'll counter every argument until you reach a point where there's no counter-argument anymore. In this case it would be, if 17 people with guns couldn't stop the guy, then the victim should have had a gun. If the victim had a gun, the argument would be "Well, obviously they weren't trained in enough to use it", and on and on it goes. Just as with flat-earthers, Covid-deniers and lots of other things, the people believing irrational stuff have it much easier to "win" or end an argument, because they will never reach a point where they can't change the goalposts or make something up that fits their agenda.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5764 on: November 1, 2023, 10:58:40 am »
Would be interesting to know if a "good guy with a gun" caught up with him getting ready in the lavvy before he got to enact his plan.  Stood at the urinal with cock in hand, trying to grab a pistol out of it's holster whilst the good guy blows his brains out mid-stream...

Unlikely, given he was found in the ladies'.

Come to think of it, given the state of the States, you can just imagine some MAGA bride walking into the bathroom and seeing this bloke carrying machine guns, RPG and 1000 round bullet belts,and screaming "help! It's a transsexual!" before blowing him away.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5765 on: November 1, 2023, 12:16:41 pm »
It's all very sad really isn't it? :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5766 on: December 6, 2023, 08:58:03 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67642512

BBC reporting multiple casualties in Las Vegas at University of Nevada campus.

Fucking Americans and their guns.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5767 on: December 6, 2023, 08:59:31 pm »
It's only a little one.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5768 on: December 6, 2023, 09:46:05 pm »
It warned students at Beam Hall to "evacuate to a safe area" and to "RUN-HIDE-FIGHT", which is a common active shooter protocol in the US.

M'rica

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5769 on: December 6, 2023, 09:47:58 pm »
RUN-HIDE-FIGHT School shooting - Thoughts and prayers - Right to bare arms . Rinse and repeat

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5770 on: December 7, 2023, 05:08:11 pm »
60yr old and too much of a pussy to just swallow the barrel.

Three people were killed in a shooting at the Las Vegas campus of the University of Nevada (UNLV) on Wednesday morning.

The gunman, described as a white former college professor in his 60s, was killed in a shootout with police.

The police have not identified the victims, but US media reports say that none were students.

The campus, about two miles from the world-famous Las Vegas Strip, will remain closed on Thursday and Friday.

The BBC's US partner CBS News reported that the gunman has been identified as Anthony Polito and that he had applied for a position at the University.

Law enforcement sources told CBS News earlier that the professor previously taught in Georgia and North Carolina.

Speaking at a Wednesday press conference, Kevin McMahill, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department's sheriff, also said that they had "no idea on the motive" as of now and did not have details on his weapon.

How many US mass shootings have there been in 2023?

There have been more than 630 mass shootings in the US this year. Las Vegas is also the site of the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history, where more than 50 people were killed at a music festival in 2017.

The university first tweeted at around 11:53 local time (19:53 GMT) on Wednesday that police were responding to reports of shots fired on campus.

About 20 minutes later, the university said campus police were responding to an additional report of shots near the Student Union building.

It warned students at Beam Hall, home to the university's business school, to "evacuate to a safe area" and to "RUN-HIDE-FIGHT", which is a common active shooter protocol in the US.

The gunman moved among the floors of Beam Hall before exiting the building, according to police.

Adam Garcia, university police chief, said the suspect was then killed in a shootout with two officers.

Sheriff McMahill said the university force's response saved the lives of students who were gathered outside of Beam Hall playing games and eating food.

"If it hadn't been for the heroic actions of one of those police officers who responded, there could have been countless additional lives taken," he said.

The surviving shooting victim is in stable condition at a local hospital, the sheriff said. Four other people were also taken to hospital for panic attacks and two police officers were treated for minor injuries.

One student who was on campus told a local ABC station that it seemed like police were on campus right away.

Describing the scene to the reporter he said: "You don't know what to do. You're calling your family, texting your friends like 'I love you guys' because he [the shooter] could burst through the door at any minute."

President Joe Biden said in a statement that UNLV is the "latest college campus to be terrorized by a horrific act of gun violence" and that he and First Lady Jill Biden are "praying for the families of our fallen".

Carolyn Goodman, mayor of Las Vegas, called it "tragic and heart-breaking news" and said she was "praying for everyone on campus".

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) are assisting local police with the investigation.

Late on Wednesday night, students were allowed back into their campus housing, with the university tweeting that there would be a "strong police presence".

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5772 on: December 27, 2023, 11:23:51 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67825635

These things happen. God is great.

EDIT. Sorry, I meant Thoughts and Prayers.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5773 on: December 27, 2023, 11:25:24 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67825635

See, the good guy with a gun argument works, the 15 yr old brother shot the 14yr old killer, so that fits their fucked up logic. Now the clamour starts about why they charged the 15 yr old with attempted murder...............
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 12:52:12 pm by Andy Pandys Christmas Shandy »

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #5775 on: December 27, 2023, 02:13:54 pm »

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/210010/Over-42-000-people-killed-by-US-gun-violence-in-2023

Over 42,000 people killed by US gun violence in 2023

And they harp on about "terrorists" around the World.
That massive fucking looney bin is full of them.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5776 on: December 27, 2023, 03:16:33 pm »

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/210010/Over-42-000-people-killed-by-US-gun-violence-in-2023

Over 42,000 people killed by US gun violence in 2023

You have to remove the 23,700 odd suicides from that, but that still leaves 17,000 killed by others, fucking disgusting figures.

I'm a sports shooter and I hate the whole American attitude to gun ownership
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #5777 on: December 27, 2023, 03:58:48 pm »
There would be far fewer succesful suicides without easy access to firearms though, not all of those ~23700 would just go jump off a bridge instead or whatever. The numbers there aren't irrelevant to the overall debate.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #5778 on: December 27, 2023, 10:05:00 pm »
Spot on.

Biggest terrorists going these c*nts.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #5779 on: December 27, 2023, 10:12:39 pm »
Spot on mate

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5780 on: December 27, 2023, 10:50:11 pm »

That's a 9/11 every month.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #5781 on: December 28, 2023, 05:53:23 am »
See, the good guy with a gun argument works, the 15 yr old brother shot the 14yr old killer, so that fits their fucked up logic. Now the clamour starts about why they charged the 15 yr old with attempted murder...............

Probably the craziest story in a while in a country of crazy.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5782 on: December 28, 2023, 02:15:12 pm »
Spot on.

Biggest terrorists going these c*nts.

If we're doing the sweeping generalization of biggest terrorist c*nts the list starts and stops at the rabid mad dogs of islam.Thanks for playing, y'all have a nice day now.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5783 on: December 28, 2023, 03:08:38 pm »

If we're doing the sweeping generalization of biggest terrorist c*nts the list starts and stops at the rabid mad dogs of islam.Thanks for playing, y'all have a nice day now.

Yes, that's pretty incontestable.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #5784 on: December 28, 2023, 08:41:29 pm »

Sure.  ;)

Thankfully the world is waking up and seeing who the real evil bastards and biggest terrorist supporting c*nts really are.  :)

Merry Christmas.  ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5785 on: December 28, 2023, 09:26:39 pm »

Suppose that would depend in how you class bomb delivery systems, end result is always the same, no matter the altitude.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #5786 on: December 29, 2023, 12:05:50 am »
Thankfully the world is waking up and seeing who the real evil bastards and biggest terrorist supporting c*nts really are.  :)
By a country mile.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #5788 on: January 4, 2024, 04:31:41 pm »
 :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt

Sheriff Adam Infante says school hadn't started yet when the shots were fired, so very few students and teachers were in the building at the time of the shooting.

That led to a "good outcome" in terms of the number of people who were harmed, he says.

The shooter has been identified, he adds, declining to share the name.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5789 on: January 5, 2024, 04:29:33 am »
Only one 11 or 12 year old murdered, but the bad guy with the gun also died so it evens out. Five injured but we only count deaths. Good process, Sheriff.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #5790 on: January 13, 2024, 09:11:08 pm »
Nice to see we have gone a week without an update. Or is it just that we don't bother any more.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5791 on: January 13, 2024, 10:22:35 pm »
Nice to see we have gone a week without an update. Or is it just that we don't bother any more.
Happens every day. It is just the more 'spectacular' ones which are reported.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5792 on: January 14, 2024, 09:39:44 am »

There were 18,874 gun deaths in the US last year (Which is 23.3% less than the previous year)

That's an average of about 50 a day. Every day.

There would be far more pages than we have if we reported every one.

In that period, there were 36,357 firearm injuries (About 100 every single day)

6,192 children / teenagers shot (About 17 a day)

Number of new guns bought in the US 2023 were 14 million  - since 1899, the US have produced 494.4 million guns for the domestic market.

Amazingly "A Majority of U.S. States Allow People to Carry Guns Without a License" :O

All stats here:

https://www.thetrace.org/2023/12/data-gun-violence-deaths-america/

And here

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #5793 on: January 14, 2024, 08:53:16 pm »

Apathy is a tragedy in itself really.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #5794 on: January 14, 2024, 08:56:26 pm »
Attaboy Andy.

Don't let the thread down.
Kill the humourless

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5795 on: February 7, 2024, 07:45:23 am »
Massive news this.

Michigan school shooter’s mother found guilty of involuntary manslaughter
Verdict marks the first time a school shooter’s parent has been convicted of homicide in connection with the underlying violence

Jennifer Crumbley, the Michigan mother accused of involuntary manslaughter when she failed to inform her 15-year-old son’s high school that the family possessed guns shortly before he went to campus and fatally shot four students and injured six, including a teacher, was found guilty of all charges on Tuesday afternoon.

The verdict marked the first time a school shooter’s parent has been convicted of homicide in connection with the underlying violence. It came after jurors on Monday began deliberations in a case that could shape the future criminal liability of parents of underage mass shooters.

The maximum penalty for involuntary manslaughter under Michigan law is 15 years in prison.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/06/michigan-school-shooter-mother-guilty-jennifer-crumbley

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5796 on: February 7, 2024, 07:57:47 am »
Massive news this.

Surprised she didn't have some NRA backed lawyer in her corner.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5799 on: February 14, 2024, 09:06:29 pm »
What's happened mate it's asking for subscriptions to read it?

It’s on BBC site now.

8-10 shot by two gunmen at parade celebrating Superbowl win.