Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2569267 times)

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Reply #43000 on: February 17, 2024, 12:30:47 pm »
Yeah I just had to take two weeks off sick which I've never done before, because of an upper respiratory infection, and it's left a lingering cough. I also had Covid for the first time in early December and that cough was only just going away when I got this new infection, which probably made it worse.

Basically felt like shit for two months now, just don't feel like doing anything but watching TV, playing games and eating (which isn't too different from normal to be fair).

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #43001 on: February 17, 2024, 08:13:54 pm »
If someone starts a sentence "I was listening to Talksport..." I instantly think less of them.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43002 on: February 18, 2024, 06:36:08 pm »
Musical episodes of otherwise non musical TV shows.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #43003 on: February 18, 2024, 09:40:48 pm »

Except the Simpsons All Singing, All Dancing with the Paint Your Wagon section.

"That's a pretty sorry-lookin' wagon you got there, mister..."
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #43004 on: February 19, 2024, 08:36:26 am »

100%.  Always horrible.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #43005 on: February 19, 2024, 08:45:52 am »
Except the Simpsons All Singing, All Dancing with the Paint Your Wagon section.

"That's a pretty sorry-lookin' wagon you got there, mister..."

Simpsons and Scrubs are the two best at doing them!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43006 on: February 19, 2024, 08:54:40 am »
100%.  Always horrible.

Was watching Star Trek Strange New Worlds, and the second last episode of season 2 invents some contrived story plot that explains why they are all singing. I've otherwise enjoyed the show but it was cringeworthy.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43007 on: February 19, 2024, 09:35:02 am »

any dream related stuff too
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #43008 on: February 19, 2024, 10:44:06 am »
Was watching Star Trek Strange New Worlds, and the second last episode of season 2 invents some contrived story plot that explains why they are all singing. I've otherwise enjoyed the show but it was cringeworthy.

Ha ha, I was going to post that I've bet you've just watched SNW. Then I scrolled down to this. It was truly horrendous wasn't it.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43009 on: February 19, 2024, 11:29:23 am »
Hanley / Stoke on Trent.

I think i've seen some shitholes in my time but this place beggars belief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aqPDpTrEXM

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #43010 on: February 19, 2024, 11:58:16 am »
Hanley / Stoke on Trent.

Haha, that's probably the upmarket side of town.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43011 on: February 19, 2024, 10:06:42 pm »
The fact that the slip road onto the Lancs by ours is still shut after about 3 months, and work appears to have slowed to a fucking standstill.

They haven't even bothered changing the sign which still says this road will be closed until 31st Jan 2024.

Useless c*nts.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43012 on: February 20, 2024, 12:53:51 pm »
I believe in freedom of choice and empowerment of those of all abilities, but....are you really worthy of a blue badge if you drive a Lamborghini Urus? 4-litre V8 with, Google tells me, 600+ BHP? If you can control that, you can walk 40 yards further to the office door.

I qualified for an orange badge in 1997/99, I could easily drive, I just couldn't walk any kind of distance as my pericardium was so thick my heart couldn't properly fill with blood so I got knackered very quickly. Driving was fine.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #43013 on: February 20, 2024, 01:18:32 pm »
Hanley / Stoke on Trent.

You'll get no arguments from me

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=336864.msg17984466#msg17984466

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43014 on: February 20, 2024, 09:43:22 pm »
Some Kids have just kicked my UPVC front door and damaged it, 10 mins ago. :no

Chunk has come off door where one of panels are on it.

New door needed now, Bastards.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #43015 on: February 21, 2024, 10:58:22 am »
That momentary pang of intense frustration you feel when you realise you've accidentally toggled 'number lock' off and your typing's gone awry  :no

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43016 on: February 21, 2024, 12:47:49 pm »
That momentary pang of intense frustration you feel when you realise you've accidentally toggled 'number lock' off and your typing's gone awry  :no

That boils my piss  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43017 on: February 21, 2024, 12:49:35 pm »

Its tHE CAPS LOCK BUTTON FOr me
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #43018 on: February 21, 2024, 05:28:45 pm »
Come home to a boiler problem, so frustrating.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43019 on: February 21, 2024, 07:33:24 pm »
Those hellish drives home which occur every year or so. Just took me 3 hours to get home, 10 miles. Wanted a slash so bad my kidneys are hurting now. Had to have a slash in my garage, then got back in my car and dented a wing backing into my garage as its pissing down. Isnt life a bowl of cherries.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #43020 on: February 21, 2024, 07:34:45 pm »
People who can't keep their elbows within their seat space when on a train/plane

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43021 on: February 21, 2024, 08:24:29 pm »
Just took me 3 hours to get home, 10 miles.
My average walking speed is 4mph.  :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43023 on: February 23, 2024, 11:56:10 am »
Almost a week since we took the dog to the beach and I'm still finding sand everywhere.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #43024 on: February 23, 2024, 01:07:20 pm »
When you get the gym and your headphones have ran out of battery.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43025 on: February 24, 2024, 08:53:57 am »
the use of the word 'Bro'.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43026 on: February 24, 2024, 10:37:41 am »
Overtime being pulled because about 5% off staff reporting system issues but everyone else is fine  :butt
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43027 on: February 25, 2024, 09:06:00 am »
Beyonce doing country & western.

I can't stand either but both together..... fuck that shit!

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43028 on: February 25, 2024, 09:54:24 am »
Beyonce doing country & western.

I can't stand either but both together..... fuck that shit!

Think she's only doing country.

Not my jam, but she's the first black woman to have a # 1 in that genre. That says a lot about her but even more about the racism of the genre.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43029 on: February 25, 2024, 09:59:28 am »
Think she's only doing country.

Not my jam, but she's the first black woman to have a # 1 in that genre. That says a lot about her but even more about the racism of the genre.

I didn't even know country and western were different but there you go.

Don't give a fuck about the genre or her success in it to be honest.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43030 on: February 25, 2024, 01:48:37 pm »
When you go to press backspace on your keyboard & accidently press F12 instead, which brings up some sort of settings page, rather than deleting a text.
#Sausages

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #43031 on: February 28, 2024, 12:10:53 pm »
The damned Youtube algorithm flooding my suggested videos with awful low-effort 'content'.

On Sunday I watched a string of videos, about 20 in a row, all on the same theme. It's basically this year's current Eurovision entries so far, so a mix of the official ESC channel plus some artist channels, national broadcasters, so on. Since then, Youtube has decided I want to watch an endless parade of random fan channels all offering me either their REACTION! to any random song or, even worse, MY TOP 22 SO FAR! list of all the entries. Just the exact same video over and over again, some random internet nobody who thinks that anybody else in the world is going to care which order they'd put the currently-released entries in. It's beyond vapid, each of these videos has about 150 views (somehow) and I'm just having to block every channel from my suggestions so I don't end up tomorrow with endless MY TOP 25 SO FAR videos after Cyprus, Switzerland and the Netherlands reveal theirs.

Could really do with a solution to just tie the YT homepage down to subscribed channels as the sheer amount of pathetic stuff like 'reaction videos' is just overwhelming. People desperate to hop on to any popular topic now in the hope of eking out a small amount of cash online despite no discernable talent or effort.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43032 on: February 28, 2024, 12:41:37 pm »
The damned Youtube algorithm flooding my suggested videos with awful low-effort 'content'.

On Sunday I watched a string of videos, about 20 in a row, all on the same theme. It's basically this year's current Eurovision entries so far, so a mix of the official ESC channel plus some artist channels, national broadcasters, so on. Since then, Youtube has decided I want to watch an endless parade of random fan channels all offering me either their REACTION! to any random song or, even worse, MY TOP 22 SO FAR! list of all the entries. Just the exact same video over and over again, some random internet nobody who thinks that anybody else in the world is going to care which order they'd put the currently-released entries in. It's beyond vapid, each of these videos has about 150 views (somehow) and I'm just having to block every channel from my suggestions so I don't end up tomorrow with endless MY TOP 25 SO FAR videos after Cyprus, Switzerland and the Netherlands reveal theirs.

Could really do with a solution to just tie the YT homepage down to subscribed channels as the sheer amount of pathetic stuff like 'reaction videos' is just overwhelming. People desperate to hop on to any popular topic now in the hope of eking out a small amount of cash online despite no discernable talent or effort.

You can click on "subscriptions" to only show those, but I don't think you can set it as a default.

In general, I hate that all social media bow assumes you have a massive interestin something, because you mis-clicked on something, or randomely looked at it for more than a split second. On youtube, I've taken to either open videos in a private browser window, or, making sure I'm not logged in if I want to watch something outside my normal interests.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43033 on: February 28, 2024, 02:19:49 pm »
On YT you can click on the dots below a video and select "Not interested" or "Don't recommend this channel". I've found that using those is a good way to stop certain types of content showing up, particularly if you do it to a bunch of similar videos at once.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #43034 on: February 28, 2024, 02:33:31 pm »
On YT you can click on the dots below a video and select "Not interested" or "Don't recommend this channel". I've found that using those is a good way to stop certain types of content showing up, particularly if you do it to a bunch of similar videos at once.

See, that's what I've been doing, but I'd expect that asking it to "stop recommending this channel" about 50 times on identical content would at least feed back into the algorithm that whatever it's using the source for that recommendation should probably no longer be used for any more.

But instead it's throwing up yet more of this idiocy:

:

3 days earlier? His top 20. A week before that? His top 13. I like Eurovision as much as anybody but seriously Isac, find a hobby. If you must rate all this stuff then the only acceptable time to do it is at the end, on all the entries at once.

Anyway, I block that guy, refresh the page and there's 2 more with the exact same content. I think I'm just going to have to get a bit hotter on clearing out my search and watch histories periodically, or use the Incognito method.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43035 on: February 28, 2024, 04:02:37 pm »
When you get the gym and your headphones have ran out of battery.

Just play the music loud on your phone.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43036 on: February 28, 2024, 05:40:05 pm »
Coming up to Limerick on the bus today and about 20 minutes out some prick down the back lights up a cigarette. He's nearly at the last stop but being the selfish dick that he is he thinks it's ok to do it. I wanted to go tell the driver but the missus held me back for fear of being attacked by bloke. We thought the driver would smell the smoke. I fumed but didn't confront them, I figured we'd be in Limerick soon. When the bus arrived he and his tramp girlfriend barged up the aisle expecting everyone to let them through. Did I f**k!

I told the driver when I got off, he had his window open so he didn't smell any smoke. He told me he would have booted them off the bus had he known. I'll make sure I say something the next time.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43037 on: February 28, 2024, 05:54:38 pm »
Coming up to Limerick on the bus today and about 20 minutes out some prick down the back lights up a cigarette. He's nearly at the last stop but being the selfish dick that he is he thinks it's ok to do it. I wanted to go tell the driver but the missus held me back for fear of being attacked by bloke. We thought the driver would smell the smoke. I fumed but didn't confront them, I figured we'd be in Limerick soon. When the bus arrived he and his tramp girlfriend barged up the aisle expecting everyone to let them through. Did I f**k!

I told the driver when I got off, he had his window open so he didn't smell any smoke. He told me he would have booted them off the bus had he known. I'll make sure I say something the next time.

As the saying goes, if you can't beat them, join them.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43038 on: February 28, 2024, 06:43:28 pm »

The phrase ignorance is bliss perfectly describes fuckwits. Some people just dont give a shit and have no perception of other people. They dont care and dont know they dont care.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43039 on: February 29, 2024, 08:49:37 am »
Had my first psychology appointment yesterday. Went really well and I was feeling much better after it. Then got down to the bike rack at the front of the hospital and found someone had nicked all the lights off my bike. Like who does that?!? At a hospital you can be pretty sure a bike is owned by either a patient or a nhs worker.