Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2931153 times)

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Reply #30120 on: April 28, 2024, 11:06:53 pm »
As the old saying goes, you're only as good as your last game so looking back Mo may reflect that his opta stats may look decent but his all round play in the last six has been poor.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline danm77

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30121 on: April 28, 2024, 11:16:09 pm »
I love Mo and I love Klopp. Far too much has been made of this, especially in the media. This is not unusual, we’ve seen it before between other players and their manager. Mo shouldn’t have made that comment in the mixed zone, but we all make mistakes.

All that matters now is that these two legends of Liverpool end their time here together praising each other and showing each other respect. No one wants a spat that drags on. I’m sure it won’t.

As for Mo’s future, now may be the time to cash in. He’s nearly 32. He is only going downhill from here. Earlier this season, pre injury, he was still contributing a lot. Our top scorer, lots of assists. However that impact may keep diminishing.

I’d say another year from him at the most, but we could also sell this summer, rather than let him go on a free.

Offline danm77

• Main Stander
« Reply #30122 on: April 28, 2024, 11:28:51 pm »
Liverpool can help Arne Slot by selling petulant Mohamed Salah this summer

Ugly row with Jürgen Klopp on the London Stadium touchline shows the Egyptian’s focus has waned

Sun 28 Apr 2024 11.27 BST

When it comes to picking one image to symbolise the end of an era at Liverpool, Jürgen Klopp’s quarrel with Mohamed Salah on the London Stadium touchline will take some beating. This is what happens when power slips away. This, sadly, is the way that it ends.

We will have to speculate about the specific reason behind the row that grabbed the attention after Liverpool’s deflating 2-2 draw with West Ham on Saturday. West Ham’s equaliser had arrived before Klopp, who had been waiting to make a triple substitution, was able to introduce Salah, Darwin Núñez and Joe Gomez. The manager seemed miffed and appeared to admonish Salah, whose angry response made it very clear that he had zero interest in listening to any criticism.

It was quite the scene. Salah clearly did not regard Klopp as a figure of authority. Instead of holding back, the Egyptian had to be held back by two of his teammates. Later, as he made his way out of the stadium and walked past reporters, he declined interview requests and said there would be “fire” if he stopped to speak.

Say no more, Mo. We get it. Klopp had tried to play the incident down during his post-match press conference, but Salah lit the fuse. The Egyptian winger was hardly acting as the model of diplomacy, even if his remark was delivered in a jokey way. Far more preferable would have been Salah providing the same kind of spark on the pitch during a spell that has seen Liverpool’s season go up in smoke.

It was not supposed to go this way when Klopp announced that he was leaving. Liverpool won the League Cup final and targeted a quadruple. But something shifted when they went out of the FA Cup to Manchester United last month. The physical and mental challenge was too much. Defensive flaws were exposed during the Europa League quarter-final defeat to Atalanta, the attack malfunctioned in several winnable games and the title challenged faltered.

Salah, who has been short of sharpness since returning from the Africa Cup of Nations, could not provide the inspiration. He has 24 goals in all competitions this season – hardly a poor return – but there is a sense of a player whose powers are waning. Salah is 32. His contract expires in a year and there are suggestions that he will move to Saudi Arabia this summer. Maybe Klopp’s impending departure allowed Salah to erupt. Or maybe Salah’s impending departure allowed Salah to erupt.

Either way it would be shame if the relationship between two of the greatest figures in Liverpool’s history is broken. Salah has been the standout player of Klopp’s reign, the genius in attack, the driving force behind so many famous wins. But the mind goes back to Mr. Ferguson announcing that the 2001-02 season would be his final year at United. Uncertainty set in, motivation dipped and United lost the title to Arsenal. Ferguson had given his players an excuse to let their standards dip.

Thankfully for United, the Scot ended up staying and oversaw a new era of domination. Klopp, though, is not going to change course. He looks emotionally drained. He sounds as if he cannot wait for the season to end. It has to have an impact on the team. The mentality monsters have disappeared.

There have, of course, been shows of petulance from Salah in the past. None, though, as big as the one on Saturday. None, surely, that would have occurred if Klopp was staying. Nobody who worries about a backlash from their boss behaves like that.

But this is an unfocused team, overseen by a weary, distracted, unhappy manager. If they were on their game, Liverpool would have smashed West Ham after going 2-1 up. Instead their title challenge fizzled out in a blaze of missed chances and shoddy defending.

Salah, of course, is part of the malaise. His goals will not be easy to replace but perhaps it would help Arne Slot, who will soon be confirmed as Klopp’s replacement, if he does not have to worry about managing a player whose ego appears to have spiralled out of control next season.

Not that the rebuild will be easy. Away from Salah, questions also hang over the futures of Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold. But there is another lesson that Liverpool can take from Ferguson, it is about how to deal with a disrespectful player. One or two individuals aside Ferguson always knew when someone’s race was run. He never let anyone become bigger than the club. Klopp, though, is not in a position to tame Salah.

The fear is gone. It evaporated during this most dispiriting of run-ins. Klopp does not have the stomach for it any more and his best player has smelt weakness. Looking to the future, Liverpool have to help Slot by reintroducing discipline. Klopp goes, but so does Salah.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/28/liverpool-arne-slot-selling-petulant-mo-salah-this-summer?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

A typically hyped up, OTT media article. They can all fuck off.

Salah has been exemplary for 7 years, becoming one of our all time top goal scorers, an integral part of our title and champions league winning teams. He is a Liverpool legend, rightly so. Yes, he was stupid yesterday, but these things happen. It’s two Liverpool legends showing frustration, because they both care. That’s the end of it.

Everyone pipe down, move on and start celebrating both Klopp AND Salah for what they’ve done for us.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30123 on: April 28, 2024, 11:48:58 pm »
A typically hyped up, OTT media article. They can all fuck off.

Salah has been exemplary for 7 years, becoming one of our all time top goal scorers, an integral part of our title and champions league winning teams. He is a Liverpool legend, rightly so. Yes, he was stupid yesterday, but these things happen. It’s two Liverpool legends showing frustration, because they both care. That’s the end of it.

Everyone pipe down, move on and start celebrating both Klopp AND Salah for what they’ve done for us.

You know if he was English he’d be praised for how ‘pash-er-nate’ he is, and an exemplary to all other footballers. But he’s a dirty foreigner to these journalists so he’s ‘petulant’.

Dirty Manc Guardian as bad as the tabloids (p.s. don’t get me started on Barney Ronay’s sportswashing aka paid Abu Dhabi shill gig in the same paper).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 11:51:32 pm by mattD »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #30124 on: April 29, 2024, 12:45:46 am »
Could easily have been the frustration of a player knowing he might not win a major trophy again.
If he'd been in form the last few weeks we might have
Funny how players cover their mouths from lip readers but when we have footage of them not doing so no-one can read the lips
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 12:48:45 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Jimmy Raggatip

• Boys Pen
« Reply #30125 on: April 29, 2024, 12:46:22 am »
I don't think it was out of character at all, he's always had this ego bubbling under, he's just never been dropped to have it surface

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #30126 on: April 29, 2024, 01:32:41 am »
I don't think it was out of character at all, he's always had this ego bubbling under, he's just never been dropped to have it surface

he’s a goal scorer, forwards often are more about themselves and have the ego to match, it’s sort of part of their deal  ;D

But he for sure isn’t the sort of player you’d want having his career wind down here as you know he’d not take being down the squad list. Henderson was the same last year (and no not comparing talents), unwilling to be a squad player.

I still think he’ll be here the start of next season though.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #30127 on: April 29, 2024, 02:00:06 am »
Could easily have been the frustration of a player knowing he might not win a major trophy again.

I’m sure he’ll back himself to win the CL and AFCON. He’s only 32 …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #30128 on: April 29, 2024, 02:40:40 am »
RAWK exclusive. Transcript of the conversation:

Jurgen: Come on Mo we need you to score.
Mo: I should have started.
Jurgen: You needed a rest.
Mo: Then why put me on now.
Jurgen: Just go get a goal.
Mo: I'd have a hat trick by now.
Darwin steps in..
Jurgen: Well go get one now then.
Mo: Not much time left for that. I should have started.
Jurgen walks away...
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30129 on: April 29, 2024, 03:03:04 am »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1784595383328682029

Looks like no huggy time, wars were started over less..

One of them will have to commit seppuku it's the only way.

Is that all it was? I've not been arsed to watch any replays beyond Taylor cheating Gakpo out of a goal.

If that's the whole "blazing row", then what a giant nothingburger. Media can fuck itself for pumping that one up and ignoring the refereeing corruption.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30130 on: April 29, 2024, 07:05:33 am »
He'll be gone in the summer. It's got nothing to do with yesterday, but it's inevitable after last summers Saudi bid. I said to my mates last year that it wouldn't surprise me if a deal wasn't already agreed.

He's got 14 months left on his contract and there's no talk whatsoever of him signing a new contract. His last deal 2 years ago dragged on for months and months and there was so much talk from his agent about being paid the right amount of money etc. The silence is damning.

Ultimately, he's 32 in June and whilst im sure he could do a job for us for another year or 2, I just cant see FSG sanctioning anther mega deal for a player whose trajectory isn't on the rise.

If you look back at my posts, you'll see I love Salah. I think he's an incredible footballer and what he's done for us in the years he's been here has been remarkable.

However, yesterday he showed himself to be petulant and a bit of a dick. But it's completely out of character. He's been an absolute model professional for 7 years and has never put a foot wrong. Yesterday we saw the frustration of a serial winner who was annoyed at being on the bench, who was annoyed that this season has ended the way it has & who was annoyed at his own lack of form. I'm sure he'll regret it today and after the next game he'll do an interview and brush everything under the carpet.

There's 3 games left boys and girls, in what feels like the end of an era. An era we've all been so lucky to witness and be a part of. Lets enjoy the last few games of the season and hopefully we can see the lads get back to winning ways.

Would wholeheartedly agree with this. I can only see him being sold come the summer which will be an end of an era but that seems to be the theme this club are going for, Jurgen going and all the coaching staff going so it makes sense to chuck in Salah into that as well.

It has to be said, Mo Salah has been brilliant for us since joining and not a lot can be taken away from that and I just hope that if he is set for pastures new then he can at least go out with pride and not be sent packing like a villain as that would be a real stain.

Thanks for the memories and for the goals!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #30131 on: April 29, 2024, 07:06:09 am »
If people think this is the biggest disagreement Salah and Klopp have had they need their heads examining.

Couldn't give a shit

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #30132 on: April 29, 2024, 07:28:18 am »
Storm in a rea cup.

Yesterday's headlines, today's chip paper.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #30133 on: April 29, 2024, 08:36:01 am »
Seems a bit like...

JK: "You ready to go on?"
MS:  "Sure whatevs. About fucking time"
JK:  "You don't sound ready..."
MS:  "Pfff what do you want me to say? Bit late innit" *waves arms like stroppy teen*
JK:  "You wanna go back on the bench?" *adopts Dad tone*
MS:  "Dude..." *jogs on pitch*

Sounds familiar

Dad "Can you just put your phone down for 1 minute while I talk to you"
Daughter "Just let me reply to this"
Dad "You have been replying for 10 minutes, just give me 2 minutes"
Daughter "God, you're so annoying"
Dad "It's rude you know, and I pay the bill"
Daughter (Huffs) "For god's sake, what do you want ?"

Cue it being blown out of all proportion when reported back to mother.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #30134 on: April 29, 2024, 08:39:11 am »
Liverpool can help Arne Slot by selling petulant Mohamed Salah this summer

Ugly row with Jürgen Klopp on the London Stadium touchline shows the Egyptian’s focus has waned

Sun 28 Apr 2024 11.27 BST

When it comes to picking one image to symbolise the end of an era at Liverpool, Jürgen Klopp’s quarrel with Mohamed Salah on the London Stadium touchline will take some beating. This is what happens when power slips away. This, sadly, is the way that it ends.

We will have to speculate about the specific reason behind the row that grabbed the attention after Liverpool’s deflating 2-2 draw with West Ham on Saturday. West Ham’s equaliser had arrived before Klopp, who had been waiting to make a triple substitution, was able to introduce Salah, Darwin Núñez and Joe Gomez. The manager seemed miffed and appeared to admonish Salah, whose angry response made it very clear that he had zero interest in listening to any criticism.

It was quite the scene. Salah clearly did not regard Klopp as a figure of authority. Instead of holding back, the Egyptian had to be held back by two of his teammates. Later, as he made his way out of the stadium and walked past reporters, he declined interview requests and said there would be “fire” if he stopped to speak.

Say no more, Mo. We get it. Klopp had tried to play the incident down during his post-match press conference, but Salah lit the fuse. The Egyptian winger was hardly acting as the model of diplomacy, even if his remark was delivered in a jokey way. Far more preferable would have been Salah providing the same kind of spark on the pitch during a spell that has seen Liverpool’s season go up in smoke.

It was not supposed to go this way when Klopp announced that he was leaving. Liverpool won the League Cup final and targeted a quadruple. But something shifted when they went out of the FA Cup to Manchester United last month. The physical and mental challenge was too much. Defensive flaws were exposed during the Europa League quarter-final defeat to Atalanta, the attack malfunctioned in several winnable games and the title challenged faltered.

Salah, who has been short of sharpness since returning from the Africa Cup of Nations, could not provide the inspiration. He has 24 goals in all competitions this season – hardly a poor return – but there is a sense of a player whose powers are waning. Salah is 32. His contract expires in a year and there are suggestions that he will move to Saudi Arabia this summer. Maybe Klopp’s impending departure allowed Salah to erupt. Or maybe Salah’s impending departure allowed Salah to erupt.

Either way it would be shame if the relationship between two of the greatest figures in Liverpool’s history is broken. Salah has been the standout player of Klopp’s reign, the genius in attack, the driving force behind so many famous wins. But the mind goes back to Mr. Ferguson announcing that the 2001-02 season would be his final year at United. Uncertainty set in, motivation dipped and United lost the title to Arsenal. Ferguson had given his players an excuse to let their standards dip.

Thankfully for United, the Scot ended up staying and oversaw a new era of domination. Klopp, though, is not going to change course. He looks emotionally drained. He sounds as if he cannot wait for the season to end. It has to have an impact on the team. The mentality monsters have disappeared.

There have, of course, been shows of petulance from Salah in the past. None, though, as big as the one on Saturday. None, surely, that would have occurred if Klopp was staying. Nobody who worries about a backlash from their boss behaves like that.

But this is an unfocused team, overseen by a weary, distracted, unhappy manager. If they were on their game, Liverpool would have smashed West Ham after going 2-1 up. Instead their title challenge fizzled out in a blaze of missed chances and shoddy defending.

Salah, of course, is part of the malaise. His goals will not be easy to replace but perhaps it would help Arne Slot, who will soon be confirmed as Klopp’s replacement, if he does not have to worry about managing a player whose ego appears to have spiralled out of control next season.

Not that the rebuild will be easy. Away from Salah, questions also hang over the futures of Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold. But there is another lesson that Liverpool can take from Ferguson, it is about how to deal with a disrespectful player. One or two individuals aside Ferguson always knew when someone’s race was run. He never let anyone become bigger than the club. Klopp, though, is not in a position to tame Salah.

The fear is gone. It evaporated during this most dispiriting of run-ins. Klopp does not have the stomach for it any more and his best player has smelt weakness. Looking to the future, Liverpool have to help Slot by reintroducing discipline. Klopp goes, but so does Salah.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/28/liverpool-arne-slot-selling-petulant-mo-salah-this-summer?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
saddens me that a moment of weakness from Salah has allowed the media to besmirch him like this - they've been sniping at him ever since he got here and has been labeled a 'diver', 'weak', ignored by officials when fouled, and many other things - to think that right at the end they've been given a final opportunity to the boot in.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30135 on: April 29, 2024, 08:45:09 am »
Is that all it was? I've not been arsed to watch any replays beyond Taylor cheating Gakpo out of a goal.

If that's the whole "blazing row", then what a giant nothingburger. Media can fuck itself for pumping that one up and ignoring the refereeing corruption.

Well that was only the first part, that started it. The worse bit was afterwards, where Klopp walked away, then seemed to come back to Salah and say something, then Salah kicked off big time waving his arms and pointing at Klopp, clearly very angry. Darwin had to step in and sort of move Salah and try and get him to calm down. That's the part they'd shown during the live broadcast.

For those saying it's a storm in a teacup, I'd sort of agree that it doesn't matter for the rest of our season and it's probably resolved by now. But I still don't like what I saw from Salah there. I still think he was way out of order, both in the moment and after the game.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #30136 on: April 29, 2024, 08:47:19 am »
He'll be gone in the summer. It's got nothing to do with yesterday, but it's inevitable after last summers Saudi bid. I said to my mates last year that it wouldn't surprise me if a deal wasn't already agreed.

He's got 14 months left on his contract and there's no talk whatsoever of him signing a new contract. His last deal 2 years ago dragged on for months and months and there was so much talk from his agent about being paid the right amount of money etc. The silence is damning.

Ultimately, he's 32 in June and whilst im sure he could do a job for us for another year or 2, I just cant see FSG sanctioning anther mega deal for a player whose trajectory isn't on the rise.

If you look back at my posts, you'll see I love Salah. I think he's an incredible footballer and what he's done for us in the years he's been here has been remarkable.

However, yesterday he showed himself to be petulant and a bit of a dick. But it's completely out of character. He's been an absolute model professional for 7 years and has never put a foot wrong. Yesterday we saw the frustration of a serial winner who was annoyed at being on the bench, who was annoyed that this season has ended the way it has & who was annoyed at his own lack of form. I'm sure he'll regret it today and after the next game he'll do an interview and brush everything under the carpet.

There's 3 games left boys and girls, in what feels like the end of an era. An era we've all been so lucky to witness and be a part of. Lets enjoy the last few games of the season and hopefully we can see the lads get back to winning ways. 
I would go along with all this

For me, he is the greatest player I have ever seen in a red shirt (Following since 1990)

We cant afford to lose him for free, as you say I dont think he will sign a new deal, I think he can still score 20+ a season until his mid 30s but I think its time to cash in.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30137 on: April 29, 2024, 08:49:32 am »
saddens me that a moment of weakness from Salah has allowed the media to besmirch him like this - they've been sniping at him ever since he got here and has been labeled a 'diver', 'weak', ignored by officials when fouled, and many other things - to think that right at the end they've been given a final opportunity to the boot in.

Yep knives were out pre sharpened.

Offline fiveways

• Kopite
« Reply #30138 on: April 29, 2024, 08:52:49 am »

We cant afford to lose him for free, as you say I dont think he will sign a new deal, I think he can still score 20+ a season until his mid 30s but I think its time to cash in.

Sadly yes - head over heart

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30139 on: April 29, 2024, 09:06:50 am »
Hes not irreplaceable anymore, hes become predictable, his final ball which was never that good, shooting has gone. Its one of those where it suits all parties to go their own way.
Hopefully we get a decent fee and some new blood and thanks for the memories.

Have you ever seen him play?

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #30140 on: April 29, 2024, 09:17:49 am »
Sounds familiar

Dad "Can you just put your phone down for 1 minute while I talk to you"
Daughter "Just let me reply to this"
Dad "You have been replying for 10 minutes, just give me 2 minutes"
Daughter "God, you're so annoying"
Dad "It's rude you know, and I pay the bill"
Daughter (Huffs) "For god's sake, what do you want ?"

Cue it being blown out of all proportion when reported back to mother.
Hahahahahaha this is spot on!
But maybe belongs in another thread- haha

Has anyone got a teenage daughter who doesn't behave like this?

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #30141 on: April 29, 2024, 09:52:21 am »
My take is simple, I love Mo, I respect what he has done for this club and he is a legend.

Legends are still held to a standard of behaviour, that goes for him, Klopp and anyone associated with the club. That open disrespectful behaviour was not ok, after Klopp cooled it with the post match interview, he again was still kicking off when he walked past... he is being petulant, this is not ok.

The manager is the boss of the team, he has tough calls to make but I always say the best way to answer the manager if he drops you, or tells you to go prove yourself no matter how many goals you've scored, you go out there and put in a performance to make him regret dropping you, or whatever.

This is very poor from Mo and he deserves to be disciplined for it. Really disappointing. Don't like players thinking they are bigger than the manager or too big/legend status to get away with this behaviour.

Offline Santiago

• Main Stander
  • Yeeeessss!!!
« Reply #30142 on: April 29, 2024, 09:53:11 am »
Yep knives were out pre sharpened.

On here too!!

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30143 on: April 29, 2024, 10:03:02 am »

Darwin steps in..
Jurgen walks away...
And then out popped a smiling Glen Johnson?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30144 on: April 29, 2024, 11:00:40 am »
With a shirt

Our salah is a friend to all managers

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #30145 on: April 29, 2024, 11:17:39 am »
Ornstein: EXCL: Liverpool expect Mo Salah to stay & are planning with him for at least another campaign. 31yo has given no indication of wanting out + contract to be addressed in due course. Saudi view is Salah intends to remain at #LFC next season
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30146 on: April 29, 2024, 11:18:44 am »
So I see

"planning with him for at least another campaign, 31 YO has given no indication of wanting out, and contract to be addressed in due course, Saudi view is Salah intends to remain at LFC next season"

Typed out the Orny tweet as X is blocked on my laptop etc

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30147 on: April 29, 2024, 11:20:22 am »
It was pretty obvious he wasn't leaving. Players who score 20 goals every season don't grow on trees and from his perspective why would he want to move to Saudi Arabia when he's still one of the best players in football.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30148 on: April 29, 2024, 11:22:16 am »
Despite what Ornstein is coming out with, I would be surprised if he is still here next season. It's possible of course that the club have weighed up what we would get in a transfer fee against what he is worth for another 12 months. But the prospect of getting £70m+ (and freeing up hundreds of thousands a week in wages) at a time when the attack looks in need of being reinvented is surely too tempting. I think it's as much of a risk to keep him as it is to let him go at this point. This summer has a very different feel to last when selling him would have been nothing short of a disaster.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30149 on: April 29, 2024, 11:23:15 am »
Unless he wants to leave and forces and exit, he won't be sold. Every leak to the media confirms this.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30150 on: April 29, 2024, 11:30:52 am »
He isnt going this summer unless we get mega money

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #30151 on: April 29, 2024, 11:39:26 am »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #30152 on: April 29, 2024, 11:45:17 am »
Unless he wants to leave and forces and exit, he won't be sold. Every leak to the media confirms this.
Because of course LFC would announce broadly that they want to get rid of him  ::)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #30153 on: April 29, 2024, 11:45:28 am »
I mean, plans are meaningless until Slot comes in, right?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #30154 on: April 29, 2024, 11:50:37 am »
Despite what Ornstein is coming out with, I would be surprised if he is still here next season. It's possible of course that the club have weighed up what we would get in a transfer fee against what he is worth for another 12 months. But the prospect of getting £70m+ (and freeing up hundreds of thousands a week in wages) at a time when the attack looks in need of being reinvented is surely too tempting. I think it's as much of a risk to keep him as it is to let him go at this point. This summer has a very different feel to last when selling him would have been nothing short of a disaster.

Agree with this.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30155 on: April 29, 2024, 12:05:02 pm »
I still think he will go, but if he does stay then he has to be a striker for us. He’s become too predictable on the wing and we lack threat down that side. He can still score goals though, if he’s closer to goal.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #30156 on: April 29, 2024, 12:12:28 pm »

So weird we’re not forcing him out the club for losing his rag once

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #30157 on: April 29, 2024, 12:20:54 pm »

Darwin steps in..
Jurgen walks away...
Clearly false.

As Mo would be speaking in Arabic, and Jurgen in German.
With Darwin translating and adding in a few Spanish expletives for good measure.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30158 on: April 29, 2024, 12:35:58 pm »
It's a bad negotiating standpoint for us if it's let out that we are looking rid of Salah - just saying. So I don't think anything in the press at the minute is going to confirm either way. I think it feels like the end to a of people now though. It does make sense with our business model too, sell while there is still some value and the player is past their peak.

I would be really surprised at Edwards offering him a new contract.

As a player he is probably in the top 5 we have ever had, but we need to put aside sentimentality if we want to get back to where we want to be for the next era.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #30159 on: April 29, 2024, 12:41:58 pm »
I mean, plans are meaningless until Slot comes in, right?

Maybe but I’d be amazed if discussions about Salah, Trent and VvD weren’t part of the interview process with Slot or any other prospective manager.

We’lll know what Salah is thinking. We’ll know what Hughes and Edward’s think. I’d guess we’d have an idea what Slot thinks.

Briefing the media that he’s likely to stay is probably because he’s likely to stay plus it potentially dampens any of him leaving chat as a fallout from the weekend. Alternative hypothesis is that we are protecting his value by looking like reluctant sellers.

Personally I don’t think you give up someone who scores 20+ goals a season. Even less so with a potentially tricky manager transition and Q marks about all the other attacking options.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.