Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1334191 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES
« Reply #30960 on: April 5, 2024, 01:30:05 pm »
Thames Water has defaulted on its debt   What a mess privatisation has been

Good news.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30961 on: April 5, 2024, 01:38:38 pm »
Good news.
Possibly but it's not clear how heavily invested UK pension schemes are.

Thames Water’s parent company defaults on debt

The default threatens to wipe out the stakes of Thames Water’s nine shareholders, which include the Chinese and Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth funds as well as Canadian and UK pension funds. The shareholders last week said that actions by water regulator Ofwat had made the company “uninvestable”.

I'm sure this structure is much more sensible than public ownership...

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30962 on: April 5, 2024, 01:48:12 pm »
Thames Water has defaulted on its debt   What a mess privatisation has been

It's been a a huge win for the sharholders!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30963 on: April 5, 2024, 02:38:05 pm »
I know my pension scheme USS was invested in Thames water. No idea which dumbass thought that was a good idea. They should have looked into divesting years ago.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30964 on: April 5, 2024, 02:48:04 pm »
I know my pension scheme USS was invested in Thames water. No idea which dumbass thought that was a good idea. They should have looked into divesting years ago.

Possibly quite a few UK pensions are invested to varying extents.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #30965 on: April 5, 2024, 02:56:06 pm »
It's been a a huge win for the sharholders!

It depends which shareholders, I don’t think the current ones are feeling like or will be winners at all, the former Australian shareholders are probably the ones laughing all the way to the bank, where as the current shareholders will be thinking why and how the fuck they got themselves into this mess in the first place, but as we are all warned the value of your investment may go up as well as down and you can get back less than you originally invested, capital is at risk.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #30966 on: April 5, 2024, 03:06:13 pm »
Any idea what their exposure is?  I'd assume they wouldn't invest more than 2% in any company. Probably no more than 5% in any sector.
(On the upside, think of all the lovely dividends your pension has benefited from you capitalist leech (joke) )
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30967 on: April 5, 2024, 03:12:00 pm »
Any idea what their exposure is?  I'd assume they wouldn't invest more than 2% in any company. Probably no more than 5% in any sector.
(On the upside, think of all the lovely dividends your pension has benefited from you capitalist leech (joke) )

Their last statement on the matter was around March 28. I used to work for them so I have some idea around the basics. They have a very diverse portfolio to guard against this sort of thing, so I reckon a potential collapse has been factored into their latest financial appraisal.

Pity my pension. Is only worth £1500 a year. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30968 on: April 6, 2024, 08:50:12 am »
Thousands to miss out on dementia drug treatment as capacity of NHS is behind that of every other G7 country.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-guardian/20240406/281500756273380

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30969 on: April 6, 2024, 09:09:43 am »
Thousands to miss out on dementia drug treatment as capacity of NHS is behind that of every other G7 country.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-guardian/20240406/281500756273380

And this is why we need privatisation! ::)

Popcorn's Art

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30970 on: April 6, 2024, 04:45:01 pm »
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson saying it would be insane to have an arms embargo with Israel.    How many shares does he have in the industry?

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #30971 on: April 6, 2024, 04:50:35 pm »
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson saying it would be insane to have an arms embargo with Israel.    How many shares does he have in the industry?

Like he’s got any money of his own, he lives off the charity of his wealthy supporters and friends half the time.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #30972 on: April 6, 2024, 04:57:09 pm »
Given that we make up 0.1% of Israel’s arms imports I suspect very little.  This is a morla position over anything else.
Something he lacks l
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #30973 on: April 6, 2024, 06:13:53 pm »
Given that we make up 0.1% of Israel’s arms imports I suspect very little.  This is a morla position over anything else.
Something he lacks l
Apparently the defence trade is very heavily skewed to us importing from them too.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30974 on: April 6, 2024, 08:13:36 pm »
Saw a Guardian headline saying US anti abortion lobbyists are stepping up in the UK and "forging links with MPs".

Fuck's sake we need that election soon.

Popcorn's Art

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30975 on: April 6, 2024, 08:51:00 pm »
Saw a Guardian headline saying US anti abortion lobbyists are stepping up in the UK and "forging links with MPs".

Fuck's sake we need that election soon.

Never happening here.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30976 on: April 6, 2024, 09:13:57 pm »
Never happening here.

I don't believe anything is certain anymore. I've seen too much. Way too much.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30977 on: April 6, 2024, 09:17:00 pm »
There’s nearly 90% support for abortion in the uk https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/47568-where-does-the-british-public-stand-on-abortion-in-2023

And we don’t have the evangelical Christians they have in the US.

So I don’t think it’s likely. Imagine all the extra school fees for Tory MPs
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30978 on: April 6, 2024, 09:22:33 pm »
There’s nearly 90% support for abortion in the uk https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/47568-where-does-the-british-public-stand-on-abortion-in-2023

And we don’t have the evangelical Christians they have in the US.

So I don’t think it’s likely. Imagine all the extra school fees for Tory MPs

It's like that now. But the GOP played a 40-50 year waiting game with Roe vs Wade. They won't be expecting to overturn it in a decade - but they're dealing with an electorate that voted for Brexit and Bozo. They can wait.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30979 on: April 6, 2024, 09:24:28 pm »
It's like that now. But the GOP played a 40-50 year waiting game with Roe vs Wade. They won't be expecting to overturn it in a decade - but they're dealing with an electorate that voted for Brexit and Bozo. They can wait.
Yeah, but we don’t have the same legal system.

I can’t see it ever getting even a foothold
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30980 on: April 6, 2024, 09:26:11 pm »

Thats because of their fucked up legal system.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30981 on: April 6, 2024, 09:28:43 pm »
Yeah, but we don’t have the same legal system.

I can’t see it ever getting even a foothold

The government want to pull the country out of the ECHR. We cannot afford to be blasé. Not a single basic human right or need can be taken for granted in the current climate. It's easy enough to rig the system in a way that restricts abortion without technically making it illegal.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30982 on: April 6, 2024, 10:00:30 pm »
There's been a bit of a concerted effort in Scotland from anti-abortionists, funded by American evangelicals etc, with the Scottish Government bringing through legislation to introduce buffer zones around abortion/sexual health clinics. It hasn't really taken off though, beyond an initial bump.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30983 on: April 6, 2024, 10:04:54 pm »
The government want to pull the country out of the ECHR. We cannot afford to be blasé. Not a single basic human right or need can be taken for granted in the current climate. It's easy enough to rig the system in a way that restricts abortion without technically making it illegal.

Government are at best split on pulling out.  Even if the loons to the right manage to push this forward, there’s not enough time left before a GE.  Government is in its dead zone.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30984 on: April 6, 2024, 10:44:59 pm »
Government are at best split on pulling out.  Even if the loons to the right manage to push this forward, there’s not enough time left before a GE.  Government is in its dead zone.

My concern is that we cannot take anything for granted anymore, or dismiss any potential outcome as outlandlish or improbable, no matter how insane it might seem on the surface. Vigilance is going to be what is needed here.

The Tories aren't finished yet. We don't know if the damage is going to be permanent. Many hoped that in 1997 and 2001. They were wrong. This country has shown it is capable of incredible idiocy and self harm, especially on single issues.

I'm not spouting hyperbole here. Just a warning. If we want to hold onto our rights, we cannot afford complacency. We have to be prepared to fight for them.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30985 on: April 6, 2024, 11:13:05 pm »
My concern is that we cannot take anything for granted anymore, or dismiss any potential outcome as outlandlish or improbable, no matter how insane it might seem on the surface. Vigilance is going to be what is needed here.

The Tories aren't finished yet. We don't know if the damage is going to be permanent. Many hoped that in 1997 and 2001. They were wrong. This country has shown it is capable of incredible idiocy and self harm, especially on single issues.

I'm not spouting hyperbole here. Just a warning. If we want to hold onto our rights, we cannot afford complacency. We have to be prepared to fight for them.

I think they’re finished this time, and I wouldn’t generally take that view lightly.  Okay, something totally unforeseen, ie some sort of ‘curve ball’ event, could happen, but even that may not save them. Geopolitically, the world’s already in a state of flux. 

For example, theyve been running with this Rwanda farce for years now, at significant costs to the taxpayer. They aren’t getting through legislation re leaving the ECHR before a GE.  It’s rhetoric, as they battle it out internally for future control of the party after its GE defeat.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30986 on: April 6, 2024, 11:31:25 pm »

They'll all be dead in the next 15/20 years, the younger generation won't buy into that shit
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30987 on: April 7, 2024, 12:13:21 am »
I want to believe you guys, and maybe even you're right. But we can't take anything for granted anymore. We've seen too much idiocy from the electorate, regardless of who might be dead or alive in 20 years.

Maybe when the Tories are on 20 seats I might begin to relax, but we know these extremists will just turn their attention to whichever group offers them the best chance of making noise. We've seen with Reform that you don't actually need a single MP to make waves.

All those right winger voters will need to find a political home somewhere. And whichever party they end up supporting will drift right to accommodate them.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #30988 on: April 7, 2024, 01:41:37 am »

The USS Pension Scheme. Rubbish name for a Starship that.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30989 on: April 7, 2024, 08:47:05 am »

There are more boring names out there. :D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30990 on: April 7, 2024, 08:52:09 am »
UK Abortion laws are not particularly liberal. Stella Creasy will be looking to make them more so.  I think Abortion laws are likely to improve than go more American.

Edit - England and Wales may have been a better term than UK, not sure if they are different in Scotland or NI
« Last Edit: April 7, 2024, 08:54:18 am by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30992 on: April 7, 2024, 09:12:36 am »

Very apt for The Undiscovered Country
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30994 on: April 7, 2024, 10:00:03 am »
The England Football team  ;D
Such a popular, unifying, entity

The team are dignified losers, while the fans entertain Singing God save the King, 10 German bombers, two world wars and one world cup, what's not to be proud of?
Jurgen YNWA

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30995 on: April 7, 2024, 10:15:02 am »
The team are dignified losers, while the fans entertain Singing God save the King, 10 German bombers, two world wars and one world cup, what's not to be proud of?

You forgot 'Football's Coming Home' and the slave song.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30996 on: April 7, 2024, 10:34:17 am »
Was the poster designed by a particularly young and particularly inept intern? Is there is no one of any talent or intellect or even good judgment left at any level within the Tory Party?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30997 on: April 7, 2024, 10:46:30 am »
Was the poster designed by a particularly young and particularly inept intern? Is there is no one of any talent or intellect or even good judgment left at any level within the Tory Party?

Not since Lee Anderson left  :P

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #30998 on: April 7, 2024, 11:52:13 am »

I too believe that the tories are not finished,damaged and in disarray,a shambles most definitely but not finished.
I thought in 97 it would moderate them when they slunk off to lick their wounds so if they did get in at some point it wouldn’t be another repeat of the thatcher years at least .but the tories are the political party of the establishment from the very top of society who are there to look after the establishment’s interests.
After they are beaten in this next election they will be a very different wounded beast to the one that was defeated in 97 .that one regrouped ,went and reinvented itself to look more caring and more in the ,new labour Tony Blair image .
This one is dangerous,like a wounded animal it’s going to lash out and fight for its life.the tories and their co Horts know exactly how to play dirty to win and will use every dirty ,illegal,dark trick in the book to survive .this is going to be as low as the tories have ever been in their existence so nothing will be out of bounds to them .
For sure there’ll be in fighting in the short term in the aftermath of what looks to be an election disaster for them but they’ll soon re group and pull together to regain power .it’ll  take them time ,two terms out of office at least  but they’re patient,they know how to play the long game.they plan years in advance for everything ,decades even but when the time is right they will strike back with a vengeance,it’s what they do and they are good at it .
They have two things we don’t have ,Time and money .they’ll use both to the maximum to get their way.
This is what we have to watch out for ,they won’t be finished they’ll be plotting for the future.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30999 on: April 7, 2024, 01:56:28 pm »
There's been a bit of a concerted effort in Scotland from anti-abortionists, funded by American evangelicals etc, with the Scottish Government bringing through legislation to introduce buffer zones around abortion/sexual health clinics. It hasn't really taken off though, beyond an initial bump.

Northern Ireland says hold my beer…

Since the decriminalisation of abortion in NI nearly 5 years ago, hundreds of women have still had to travel to England for a safe abortion. Half of our political parties actively oppose abortion and there’s widespread public anti-choice sentiment.

Abortion services are still scant. Thankfully the safe zone laws keep most of the deranged extremists from harassing vulnerable women now.