32 (25.4%)
Murphy
4 (3.2%)
Robertson
27 (21.4%)
Allen
9 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: The Snooker thread  (Read 652044 times)

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Snooker thread
« Reply #12320 on: May 1, 2024, 09:29:38 pm »

It was a brutally tough clearance for Ronnie. Did brilliantly to get to the yellow but it was one pot too many. The pattern of that session was the same, Ronnie doing the hard yards and leaving the table for Bingham.

Can’t say it’s the most exciting semi lineup. Going to be a new champion I think.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12321 on: May 1, 2024, 09:29:48 pm »
Bingham played well but just had the run of the balls in the end. The difference was how the balls spit for each player in the final few frames. Really high standard though.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12322 on: May 1, 2024, 09:29:53 pm »
That’s as poor as I’ve seen Ronnie for a while. Fair play to Bingham though who was pretty consistent.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12323 on: May 1, 2024, 09:30:06 pm »
Bugger. Wanted a Ronnie 8th to take away a bit of the pain of my football team going tits up.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12324 on: May 1, 2024, 09:30:49 pm »
It was a brutally tough clearance for Ronnie. Did brilliantly to get to the yellow but it was one pot too many. The pattern of that session was the same, Ronnie doing the hard yards and leaving the table for Bingham.

Can’t say it’s the most exciting semi lineup. Going to be a new champion I think.

Bingham’s won it before.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12325 on: May 1, 2024, 09:30:54 pm »

Bingham won it in 2015.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12326 on: May 1, 2024, 09:31:03 pm »
That was a great match, thought Bingham blew that last frame, then O'Sullivan messes up the position from the final red to the pink, that made him miss the yellow.

#Sausages

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12327 on: May 1, 2024, 09:31:37 pm »
That’s as poor as I’ve seen Ronnie for a while. Fair play to Bingham though who was pretty consistent.

Ronnie didn't do a lot wrong just didn't get the run when he went into the balls.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12328 on: May 1, 2024, 09:31:38 pm »
Bingham’s won it before.

Well aware of that. Don’t see him winning it again. Kyren or Jones.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12329 on: May 1, 2024, 09:32:39 pm »
Well aware of that. Don’t see him winning it again. Kyren or Jones.

Hope Jones wins it against Gilbert in the final.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12330 on: May 1, 2024, 09:32:55 pm »
That was a great match, thought Bingham blew that last frame, then O'Sullivan messes up the position from the final red to the pink, that made him miss the yellow.

The last red was ridiculously difficult to get an ideal position on the pink though. Just ended up wrong side of the pink.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12331 on: May 1, 2024, 09:34:04 pm »
bing being a 2-time world champion would be hilariously amazing.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12332 on: May 1, 2024, 09:35:29 pm »
Ronnie didn't do a lot wrong just didn't get the run when he went into the balls.

Peak Ronnie doesn’t make some of the mistakes he did today. Even in that last frame he nicked the pink when playing a positional shot that made his next few shots harder than they should have been. Where I do agree is that when he did miss Bingham was left with a pretty straightforward shot a lot of times which is pure luck.

Online Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12333 on: May 1, 2024, 09:47:14 pm »
Stuart Bingham says he had a little cry after beating Ronnie O'Sullivan.

More quotes to come from his interview with BBC Four.

Speaking on BBC Four, O'Sullivan reflected: "I'm actually really happy to be honest, it's just the way it goes sometimes.

"I feel like I'm actually getting through the ball, which is more important to me at this stage. It's been a worrying couple of years.

"Not the win I'd have liked to have had, but that's snooker. That's the way it goes. Good luck to Stuart."

Stuart Bingham speaking on BBC Four after his 13-10 win over Ronnie O'Sullivan: "I was just enjoying it out there.

"I had a little cry in my dressing room, I was fearing the worst."

"I don't know how I've held myself together."

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12334 on: May 1, 2024, 09:49:13 pm »
C’mon both. You’re both good posters who add value to the site. If you’re going to have an argument, make it about something worthwhile, not a topic that the Tories have weaponised in their latest bout of culture wars (listening to Kemi Badenoch on R4 today, using this issue to score cheap media points, was depressing).

I didn’t raise it in this thread. Re it being weaponised. Have a read of the Cass report and then decide whether characterising it in this way is accurate. But this thread isn’t the place for this debate I imagine so point taken.

But gutted about Ronnie to be honest. Fair play to Bingham though.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #12335 on: May 1, 2024, 10:18:21 pm »
Stuart Bingham says he had a little cry after beating Ronnie O'Sullivan.

More quotes to come from his interview with BBC Four.

Speaking on BBC Four, O'Sullivan reflected: "I'm actually really happy to be honest, it's just the way it goes sometimes.

"I feel like I'm actually getting through the ball, which is more important to me at this stage. It's been a worrying couple of years.

"Not the win I'd have liked to have had, but that's snooker. That's the way it goes. Good luck to Stuart."

Stuart Bingham speaking on BBC Four after his 13-10 win over Ronnie O'Sullivan: "I was just enjoying it out there.

"I had a little cry in my dressing room, I was fearing the worst."

"I don't know how I've held myself together."

That's pretty sporting words from a top player in defeat.
Always feel it must be hard to be honest and not seem like a dick post match.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TheFinalBoss

• Main Stander
« Reply #12336 on: May 1, 2024, 10:19:13 pm »
God that Semi final line up is brutal can see record low ratings looks like a conference league line up.  Snooker defo needs a Luke littler it's on life support without Ronnie.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12337 on: May 1, 2024, 10:28:14 pm »
bingham will win it now proper big time match player

the longer matches suit his game

shame that ronnie didnt win

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12338 on: May 1, 2024, 10:30:58 pm »
If you had to pick a winner regardless of the names I think it would have to come from Wilson, Jones or Gilbert

Didn't actually think all of them would win as I assumed they would get nerves, but fair play. And Bingham was playing just as well - this is the most open the tournament has been at the semi-final stage in the Crucible era surely?

Ronnie thinking the refs have it in for him? Thats ridiculous, how can a ref even influence the game? He made the right noises in his post-match interview but that will be the most painful defeat of his Crucible career surely - he would have out-psyched any of the other 3 in the single-table setup over 4 sessions in both the semi and final for an easy 8th title. I 100% think he never wins it again now.

The door/audience situation in that final session was the most ridiculous thing I think I've seen at the Crucible since the days of streakers. Someone could be out of a job over that.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12339 on: May 1, 2024, 10:42:56 pm »
Didn't actually think all of them would win as I assumed they would get nerves, but fair play. And Bingham was playing just as well - this is the most open the tournament has been at the semi-final stage in the Crucible era surely?

Ronnie thinking the refs have it in for him? Thats ridiculous, how can a ref even influence the game? He made the right noises in his post-match interview but that will be the most painful defeat of his Crucible career surely - he would have out-psyched any of the other 3 in the single-table setup over 4 sessions in both the semi and final for an easy 8th title. I 100% think he never wins it again now.

The door/audience situation in that final session was the most ridiculous thing I think I've seen at the Crucible since the days of streakers. Someone could be out of a job over that.

i agree i found it strange that people were walking in when the play was going in

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12340 on: May 1, 2024, 10:51:22 pm »

That was farcical, O'Sullivan trying to play an important shot, & people were walking into the auditorium right in his eyeline, it was daft that they were letting people in that entrance when play was ongoing too.
#Sausages

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #12341 on: May 1, 2024, 11:08:21 pm »
That was farcical, O'Sullivan trying to play an important shot, & people were walking into the auditorium right in his eyeline, it was daft that they were letting people in that entrance when play was ongoing too.

They were just getting the players ready for when the World Champs leave the crucible and move to
Saudi Arabia  ;)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12342 on: May 1, 2024, 11:42:55 pm »
I really like Bingham. As someone said earlier, proper big time match player and seems a really cool and humble guy. Hope he goes onto win it.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #12343 on: May 1, 2024, 11:55:00 pm »
Couldn’t see past Ronnie before the last session but feels like he imploded a bit after the door incident and Bingham was just playing well and taking his chances when he got in.

Hope he wins it now, seems like the sort of fella who’d be good to go out for a pint with.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #12344 on: May 2, 2024, 01:13:56 am »
God that Semi final line up is brutal can see record low ratings looks like a conference league line up.  Snooker defo needs a Luke littler it's on life support without Ronnie.
why boring as fuck him dominating tournaments. I'd rather someone else win it, pretty open last four, you would think Wilson and Bingham will be the favourites, hope JJ wins though
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12345 on: May 2, 2024, 09:03:13 am »
why boring as fuck him dominating tournaments. I'd rather someone else win it, pretty open last four, you would think Wilson and Bingham will be the favourites, hope JJ wins though

The line up does feel a bit boring though ... Kyren Wilson, Jack Jones, Stuart Bingham, Dave Gilbert. Fuck me, I'm falling asleep just looking at that line up. You'd be pissed if you'd paid a small fortune for top tickets in advance.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12346 on: May 2, 2024, 09:41:51 am »

I'm delighted with the line. It's going to be a brilliant watch
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12347 on: May 2, 2024, 09:52:56 am »
I'm delighted with the line. It's going to be a brilliant watch

Agree with you totally. These 4 have played the best snooker in the tournament and I see both matches going really close.
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #12348 on: May 2, 2024, 10:18:42 am »
i agree i found it strange that people were walking in when the play was going in
they were quite strict on it on Friday when I was there, and you just watched outside on tv

It was poor from whoever was on the door.

I wonder, if Bingham goes out, when was the last time the final was between two players who never won it?

Murphy and Matthew Stevens in 2005?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12349 on: May 2, 2024, 10:23:23 am »
the whole thing with the door was fucking farcical. told not to let anyone else in and then about 8 more people walk through.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12350 on: May 2, 2024, 10:40:11 am »
Agreed that the names in the semi are boring as fuck, but all 4 are definitely there on merit and I think the matches will be very good and close.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12351 on: May 2, 2024, 10:45:48 am »
Yeah its different

that doesnt mean bad

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12352 on: May 2, 2024, 10:55:43 am »
I think the issue was that they were taking their seats for the other match which was about to resume but if you're sitting near the dividing wall it is obviously going to distract the other table. Normally Ronnie would ignore it but it was bang in his line of sight.

Those last 3 frames were all very tight and I don't think Ronnie imploded so much as he needed to make some tough pots along the cushion which wobbled out and stayed on for Bingham.  Bingham himself missed a few including an absolutely butchered black that sent the balls flying but either left nothing or a really tough shot.  That's snooker though as Ronnie observed and some days you get the run and others you don't. Ronnie would admit he was not at the top of his game whereas Bingham was.  To put things in context Ronnie has played the World Championships 32 times and won it 7 so it's not that much of a shock that he didn't win this one.  He still has the game though as he won the Masters and UK earlier this year.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12353 on: May 2, 2024, 11:02:12 am »
when was the last time the final was between two players who never won it?

Murphy and Matthew Stevens in 2005?

Trying to think when the last final was between two first time finalists too? Possibly Steve Davis and Doug Mountjoy in 1981?

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12354 on: May 2, 2024, 11:04:51 am »
I think the issue was that they were taking their seats for the other match which was about to resume but if you're sitting near the dividing wall it is obviously going to distract the other table. Normally Ronnie would ignore it but it was bang in his line of sight.

Those last 3 frames were all very tight and I don't think Ronnie imploded so much as he needed to make some tough pots along the cushion which wobbled out and stayed on for Bingham.  Bingham himself missed a few including an absolutely butchered black that sent the balls flying but either left nothing or a really tough shot.  That's snooker though as Ronnie observed and some days you get the run and others you don't. Ronnie would admit he was not at the top of his game whereas Bingham was.  To put things in context Ronnie has played the World Championships 32 times and won it 7 so it's not that much of a shock that he didn't win this one.  He still has the game though as he won the Masters and UK earlier this year.

he really wasn't. at his best bing is/was an extremely heavy scorer and would have won that game with ease if o'sullivan was in that sort of form.

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #12355 on: May 2, 2024, 11:56:48 am »
I missed Robbo commentating yesterday, how was he? Hoping we get my favourite Dennis-Ken combo for the final.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12356 on: May 2, 2024, 12:37:12 pm »
I missed Robbo commentating yesterday, how was he? Hoping we get my favourite Dennis-Ken combo for the final.

Still learning the ropes a little and saying what he sees but I'm all for them trying their hand as we'll need a new generation of pundits soon.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12357 on: May 2, 2024, 02:45:03 pm »
It passed my by at the time that O'Sullivan has taken the Saudi money.  A shame but not exactly unpredictable.

It doesn't seem like he feels the need to have any loyalty to the UK tour although he always talks a lot of shit after he loses so who knows?

O'Sullivan casts doubt on UK appearances next season

Ronnie O’Sullivan has cast doubt on whether he will play in the United Kingdom next season after his hopes of record eighth world title in the modern era were dashed by Stuart Bingham.

O’Sullivan was beaten 13-10 in the quarter-finals of the World Championship.

‘The Rocket’ also saw his hopes of becoming only the fourth player to win all three Triple Crown events in a single season end on Wednesday at the Crucible Theatre.

“I am aware of my value, it is my time and what I bring to the sport,” said O’Sullivan.

“As long as those needs are met I will keep playing.”

The 48-year-old recently signed a three-year ambassadorial agreement with Saudi Arabia, requiring him to playing in all World Snooker Tour events in the nation.

As part of that deal he will also undertake coaching trips and set up an academy in the Middle East to help develop the game in the region.

“There are only so many days I allow myself to be away from home,” he added.

“World Snooker is a commercial business and I decided I had to be commercial to enjoy being on the Tour.

"I don’t just turn up to events, there is a tax to be paid and if people are prepared to pay it I will get my cue out of its case. If not I am content to never ever play again and do other stuff.”

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #12358 on: May 2, 2024, 02:51:07 pm »
He makes Mbappe look low maintenance.

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #12359 on: May 2, 2024, 03:40:43 pm »
I've long wondered why he carries on playing when it clearly isn't doing anything for him personally at this stage - surely he's in a position where he could retire without financial worries unless his accountant has really dicked him about? But then a friend said that he thought that it was the worry of what to do instead that drives him. Kind of like how Gazza ended up addicted to exercise, Red Bull and god knows what else once he kicked the drinking - there's a void that needs filling with something.