Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 339091 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Summer... (aka Winter's on its way)
« Reply #360 on: September 17, 2013, 09:03:12 am »
We had our radiators on for the first time last night. Upsetting.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: September 17, 2013, 09:19:41 am »
It feels like I went from about three months of shorts and polo shirts to wearing jeans and a coat almost overnight.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #362 on: September 17, 2013, 09:29:21 am »
We had our radiators on for the first time last night. Upsetting.
I told this missus the radiators are not coming on until November 1st last night. She took it well.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: September 17, 2013, 11:04:16 am »
Also had the radiators on 1st time last night.

Still, at least the long black nights give lots of excuse for watching TV and playing GTAV...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #364 on: September 17, 2013, 02:17:29 pm »
Winter duvet came out last night. Still leaving the heating off though. Not paying those fuckers at the electric company any more than I humanly have to this year. If I feel like the thick socks, hoodie and blanket combo aren't working then the heating can come on.

Got a top floor flat so we get all the heat from the flats below. Going to try to make the most of that before setting the heating.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:21:22 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #365 on: September 17, 2013, 05:53:31 pm »
Two Jacomo vouchers for Christmas for these two, proper men.

I told this missus the radiators are not coming on until November 1st last night. She took it well.
Winter duvet came out last night. Still leaving the heating off though. Not paying those fuckers at the electric company any more than I humanly have to this year. If I feel like the thick socks, hoodie and blanket combo aren't working then the heating can come on.

Got a top floor flat so we get all the heat from the flats below. Going to try to make the most of that before setting the heating.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: September 17, 2013, 06:11:53 pm »
The only thing that's pissing me off about the change is work related, I have to sometimes have my tile cutting stuff outside so today I've got soaked cutting these twating slate tiles in the fucking rain
And you try and see in a un-finished new build with no electricity therefore no lights in a month or so when it gets dark at 4:30
The cold doesn't bother me at all really

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #367 on: September 17, 2013, 06:14:44 pm »
See, I'm with Roady on this; I love a proper Winter, a proper Spring, proper Summer, proper Autumn. They're all boss in their own way when they're done well. Each has got its own unique atmosphere, its own lighting and hues, influences the music I want to listen to, films I wanna watch, the places I wanna go, the people I wanna meet up with, etc.

Can't be any of them totally jarg mild & damp winters though - has to be genuinely Nordic. Thick snow that sticks, crisp mornings, long chilled romantic nights. Effortless cool.

Anyway, let's have a proper Autumn first, eh.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #368 on: September 17, 2013, 06:33:25 pm »
See, I'm with Roady on this; I love a proper Winter, a proper Spring, proper Summer, proper Autumn. They're all boss in their own way when they're done well. Each has got its own unique atmosphere, its own lighting and hues, influences the music I want to listen to, films I wanna watch, the places I wanna go, the people I wanna meet up with, etc.
Whats an autumnal person like?

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: September 17, 2013, 06:42:26 pm »
Where the fuck is Hawarden and who cares what the weather is doing?   :P :wave

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2013, 06:42:34 pm »
Hahaha, I haven't strictly categorised them, like!  ;D

Summery friend: Hey, wanna do something at the weekend?
Me: NO FUCK OFF GET AWAY FROM ME UNTIL NEXT JUNE

I guess an autumnal type of person for me is a bit less active, a bit quieter, more introspective? Someone to go on long chatty walks with, kicking through all the red leaves, rather than someone who wants to go mad partying, like? I don't fucking know! :D

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: September 17, 2013, 07:08:08 pm »
A bit windy.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: October 4, 2013, 11:45:03 am »
bored of this fairly mild cloudy rainy weather ...bring on some proper cold please. :butt

Just hate the inbetween weater..Just be sunny and hot or cold and wintry please. Thanks.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #373 on: October 4, 2013, 11:46:48 am »
The only thing that's pissing me off about the change is work related, I have to sometimes have my tile cutting stuff outside so today I've got soaked cutting these twating slate tiles in the fucking rain
And you try and see in a un-finished new build with no electricity therefore no lights in a month or so when it gets dark at 4:30
The cold doesn't bother me at all really

If you're worried about the rain what the fuck are you doing in Wales Craigy Lad. Join us in the arid dry East (it did rain on the way to work today though).

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #374 on: October 4, 2013, 11:47:52 am »
Someone to go on long chatty walks with, kicking through all the red leaves, rather than someone who wants to go mad partying, like? I don't fucking know! :D

You'll be talking about quiet nights in curled up on the sofa in a minute.

Unsubscribe.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #375 on: October 4, 2013, 12:02:20 pm »
Just hate the inbetween weater..Just be sunny and hot or cold and wintry please. Thanks.
Its been a sunny down here today and its broken out over the last few days as well, Iv never seen the 1st of October as glorious before.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #376 on: October 4, 2013, 12:27:18 pm »
You'll be talking about quiet nights in curled up on the sofa in a minute.

Unsubscribe.
Haha, what the shit is wrong with long walks and random conversations? And crunchy fallen leaves are absolutely boss too, I'm just not having it that anyone could disagree with that. I'll admit it though, in the appropriate company I'm basically Lyle's fucking Golden Syrup. ;D

Obviously this is all likely to be something you do with only with a sweet girl you want to actually be around, rather than your fat workmate Dave  ;)

To be fair, I never really willingly do the lovey-dovey curling up on the settee with someone thing at any time of year; I need something to stop me getting mad bored. Nothing on Earth is more torturous than regular 'quiet cosy nights in' with a girl when you've other things you wanna be getting on with. Just about tolerable with a class film, or if they're into videogames, or if you're on a special romantic break together somewhere... otherwise I carefully plot my escape beforehand. It might be quite nice early on in a relationship, but bloody hell does that lustre fade fast.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #377 on: October 4, 2013, 01:23:11 pm »
^ Aww yeah, that pup knows where it's at.

I would actually love to own a wolf, especially at wintertime. Just chilling out, walking in the snow, shades on, with yer wolf. Howling at the moon together. Boss.

Would probably wreck my gaff and fuck up all my stuff though, so I doubt it'd work out well in real life. Shame.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #378 on: October 4, 2013, 09:40:56 pm »
Difficult weather at the moment. Grey enough to warrant a sweater in the morning but then I end up smelling like a beef burger after the clammy commute to work. Expensive overcoat is itching to get a run out but still sitting lifeless on the subs bench. Sturdy winter boots are starting to make an appearance though which is always a good sign.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #379 on: October 4, 2013, 09:51:07 pm »
Difficult weather at the moment. Grey enough to warrant a sweater in the morning but then I end up smelling like a beef burger after the clammy commute to work. Expensive overcoat is itching to get a run out but still sitting lifeless on the subs bench. Sturdy winter boots are starting to make an appearance though which is always a good sign.
I was in shorts today, I'm in denial.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #380 on: October 4, 2013, 09:58:02 pm »
I'm in denial.

Egypt is still warm at this time of year.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #381 on: October 4, 2013, 10:03:33 pm »
Egypt is still warm at this time of year.
Damn beat me to it. Well played.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #382 on: October 7, 2013, 04:26:31 am »
I'm Mr. Freeze, I can't stand the heat.

Cold also makes me nostalgic for some reason. I also love the way it wraps around me, like the air is giving me a hug.

This is what makes unusual cool days in summer a treat. It's like autumn and winter sent you a care package with a note that says "we love you, be home soon".

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #383 on: October 7, 2013, 10:51:04 am »
Cold also makes me nostalgic for some reason.
Totally that.

I mean, I do love a proper Summer's day as long as it's not deadly hot, and have loads of great memories of suchlike, but I tend to just be enjoying them at the time, in the moment, and then only later on do they become part of those fond rememberances. With a proper Winter's day though, it feels really nostalgic just in and of itself, at that time - it has that special atmosphere about it when you get up in the morning, you go outside and your breath's visible, the lighting and everything immediately brings back stuff from when you were young and carefree.

I was born at the height of Winter anyway, so I guess it also has some deep-seated inner associations with the excitement of approaching birthday parties, and them amazing presents you never forget opening. I can to this day vividly recall getting Prince of Persia on the Sega Master System, how new and wonderfully cold the plastic case felt in my hands, the dramatic impact of that brilliant painted cover artwork, lovingly (almost autistically) examining that old chunky game cartridge (the coldness of that too) with the little bit of green circuitboard peeking out the bottom, flicking through the instruction manual and that indescribable fresh brand-new-videogame-instruction-manual smell of the pages... and I will never ever forget the utterly beautiful sight and chilled atmospheric sensation of the thick morning mist lingering outside when I walked up to my mate's with it to invite him round. Moments of absolute youthful wonder and bliss, all provided by Winter (and my ma).  ;)

Winter mornings are awesome in general anyway as long as you've got running hot water and no need to scrimp on it. Fumble out of your warm comfy bed, feel the briskness in the air wake you up a bit, long steaming hot shower, that relaxing natural cooldown sensation soon as you step out of it... what the fuck have any of you got to moan about, it's all fucking great. Without hot water it is proper nightmarish though, granted. If I was in the military or something and needed to take quick freezing cold showers on winter days, I'd probably go all Private Pyle within half a week.

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: October 9, 2013, 12:11:43 pm »
great post! winter for me is the best time of year, as long as its a proper winter.By that i dont necessarily mean loads of snow just so long as it is bitterly cold. Nothing like getting up in the morning taking the dog out for a walk around the park all wrapped up, its freezing, and the air just seems so much more clean and fresh.You can see your own breath, theres a crispness walking on the grass. You get home and have a nice big hot mug  of tea and warm up in front of the fire with the dog at your feet and the missus by your side, tucked up on the sofa under a duvet.Heavenly.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #385 on: October 9, 2013, 01:56:45 pm »
I felt the first nip in the air this morning, its in the post.

Offline L12

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: October 9, 2013, 03:41:34 pm »
Started using the wood stove, best kind of heat in my view, have to stack 4 or 5 cords in the shed at the weekend though, really looking forward to that.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: October 12, 2013, 12:06:10 pm »
Ok, just got back from Afghanistan, it's fucking freezing!!!! :(

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: October 14, 2013, 08:46:52 am »
Ok, just got back from Afghanistan, it's fucking freezing!!!! :(

glad you are back safe and well! I bet you must  be baltic! worse to come !!!!

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: October 14, 2013, 11:57:32 am »
Starting to feel the coldness in the air now, quite looking forward to it.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: October 14, 2013, 12:04:41 pm »
Apparently we're going to get record snowfall in November with high wind speeds and blizzardy conditions, can't wait..!

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: October 14, 2013, 12:46:22 pm »
Apparently we're going to get record snowfall in November with high wind speeds and blizzardy conditions, can't wait..!

where did you hear that?

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: October 14, 2013, 12:55:45 pm »
where did you hear that?

the express no doubt .

in 2011 we were supposed to get record low temps -20 predicted.

last novemeber they predicted 15- and we actually had a mild winter.....although it did drag on a bit
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: October 14, 2013, 01:03:52 pm »
glad you are back safe and well! I bet you must  be baltic! worse to come !!!!

Ha ha yeah so I believe, I've heard the same reports as above. It was on the BBC news page!

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: October 14, 2013, 01:22:06 pm »
where did you hear that?
Read it on the Guardian

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: October 14, 2013, 04:21:22 pm »
anyone got a link to these stories. Mad how the met office say that noone can predict the weather more than a week in advance with any certainly and even as far out as a week is dodgy ground. And yet theres some predicting a mental November over two weeks away!!

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: October 15, 2013, 09:45:17 am »
big load of nonsense then.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #397 on: October 15, 2013, 11:25:26 am »
What is with the fucking Express? They are completely obsessed. I mean, the odd main story, now and again, about the weather, would be an obsession. The Express however, have weather stories as their FULL FRONT PAGE MAIN STORY at least once a fortnight! And its usually bullshit!
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: October 17, 2013, 11:27:28 am »
wish this weather would sort itself out.One minute im thinking its starting to get cold, the next its stupidly mild out.Dont like Autumn generally ,roll on a proper cold winter! Having said that that storm last night was awesome to watch.Loved it.

Offline The Last Known Survivor

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #399 on: October 17, 2013, 11:41:36 am »
20 degrees in limerick yesterday