Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3467124 times)

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
Re: Feli8x the tw@t... Sponsored by Dusty Bin. Special Once Thread.
« Reply #400 on: June 30, 2017, 06:50:31 pm »
"If you look at the drawn games at Old Trafford last season and convert maybe 90 per cent of those into wins, then United would have been challenging for the title.
"If they can do that this year, then I think the title will come back to Manchester.

Phil Neville told MUTV

😂 🤣 😭

It's almost incredible how stupid Phil Neville is. Thank God he doesn't support us.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: June 30, 2017, 07:04:43 pm »
Imagine if he plays Elbows as well?
The most ambitious false nine experiment perhaps?

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #402 on: June 30, 2017, 07:11:29 pm »
Just need 3 or 4 players...

Actually I agree with this, if they could start the game with 14 or 15 players on the pitch then Philīs comments make sense.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #403 on: June 30, 2017, 07:12:13 pm »
Actually I agree with this, if they could start the game with 14 or 15 players on the pitch then Philīs comments make sense.

Well they start a man down with elbows and Rooney, so only seems fair.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #404 on: June 30, 2017, 08:39:45 pm »
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:43:04 pm by Andy ♥ Old Trafford »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: July 1, 2017, 02:30:49 pm »
He came, he said, he conquered.

Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #407 on: July 1, 2017, 04:40:16 pm »
Veni, vidi, vici sextus. Nos ridens

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: July 1, 2017, 07:09:38 pm »
Has the bestest team ever signed Ronaldo, Dier, kane, Costa, Messi, Mueller, Van Dijk, Griezmann, Fabinho, Salah,, Aguero yet?

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: July 1, 2017, 07:17:18 pm »
Has the bestest team ever signed Ronaldo, Dier, kane, Costa, Messi, Mueller, Van Dijk, Griezmann, Fabinho, Salah,, Aguero yet?

You should have a look at the RedCafe transfer forum. Thread pages for Sanchez, Kane, Dembele, Neymar, Fabinho. When in reality their genuine transfer targets are the likes of Matic, Perisic, Morata.

Truly living in wonderland.

« Last Edit: July 2, 2017, 04:37:45 pm by Kals »

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #411 on: July 2, 2017, 01:54:11 pm »
You should have a look at the RedCafe transfer forum. Thread pages for Sanchez, Kane, Dembele, Neymar, Fabinho. When in reality their genuine transfer targets are the tiles of Matic, Perisic, Morata.

They're like a less shit Everton.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #412 on: July 2, 2017, 02:17:31 pm »
You should have a look at the RedCafe transfer forum. Thread pages for Sanchez, Kane, Dembele, Neymar, Fabinho. When in reality their genuine transfer targets are the tiles of Matic, Perisic, Morata.

The thing that most bothers me about Unitedīs transfer budget is itīs like the Real Madrid "Galacticoīs" business at the turn of the millennium. Obviously a much lower quality (and yet higher budget) version but there just seems no over arching plan to what they are doing or cohesion of the players they are targeting.

Look at Morata and the teams he has played in so far. What sort of football & serive do you think he needs to thrive? Now look at the supply line being purchased to support him. Makes no sense. Heīs not a target man but it seems that is what Mourinho is signing him to be.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #413 on: July 2, 2017, 02:25:53 pm »
Not sure about the thread title.

Is Jose going for 4-6-0 or 6-4-0. I think the latter.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: July 2, 2017, 03:31:03 pm »

;D exactly,  that's why I keep posting about these players they have no chance in hell of ever signing. They're the new Everton, just with bags more money. Sooner they realize it the better.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #415 on: July 2, 2017, 04:29:33 pm »
;D exactly,  that's why I keep posting about these players they have no chance in hell of ever signing. They're the new Everton, just with bags more money. Sooner they realize it the better.
I think at some point in his career, Neymar may end up there. He talked about it before on Brazilian television. But at the moment, Barcelona just couldnīt sell him so United would need to pay the release clause of 222m. Not going to happen.

I suspect nearer or in his 30īs it may happen, if at all. A final payday while also getting to play in English football which is a big ambition of his.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #416 on: July 2, 2017, 04:41:18 pm »
José Mourinho's perfect Footy match..

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #417 on: July 2, 2017, 04:42:35 pm »

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: July 2, 2017, 04:47:07 pm »
I think at some point in his career, Neymar may end up there. He talked about it before on Brazilian television. But at the moment, Barcelona just couldnīt sell him so United would need to pay the release clause of 222m. Not going to happen.

I suspect nearer or in his 30īs it may happen, if at all. A final payday while also getting to play in English football which is a big ambition of his.

He's more likely to end up at the other mancs.

Yernited will slip back to their 80s malaise given a few more years, wheras the citeehs and chelseas will dominate.

The current huge spend shitcoat is currently undertaking is the last kicks of a dying horse.

The club is broken at all levels, from owners down.

We've been there, and so recognise the symptoms they are showing, in another 4 or 5 years so will they, but it will be too late by then  ;D

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #419 on: July 2, 2017, 05:31:40 pm »
He's more likely to end up at the other mancs.

Yernited will slip back to their 80s malaise given a few more years, wheras the citeehs and chelseas will dominate.

The current huge spend shitcoat is currently undertaking is the last kicks of a dying horse.

The club is broken at all levels, from owners down.

We've been there, and so recognise the symptoms they are showing, in another 4 or 5 years so will they, but it will be too late by then  ;D

I wasnīt suggesting he will end up there for footballing or financial reasons. Merely that he grew up watching them and would like to test himself in the league here with them. Of course, as we seen with Aguero, just because your team is Liverpool on FIFA growing up, doesnīt mean you end up there.

Just say he "MAY" go there. He also may end up finishing his career in Barca. Or PSG. Or Man City. Fuck knows. Just that itīs a possible and he has specifically mentioned it before in the past on TV here.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: July 2, 2017, 06:00:57 pm »
I wasnīt suggesting he will end up there for footballing or financial reasons. Merely that he grew up watching them and would like to test himself in the league here with them. Of course, as we seen with Aguero, just because your team is Liverpool on FIFA growing up, doesnīt mean you end up there.

Just say he "MAY" go there. He also may end up finishing his career in Barca. Or PSG. Or Man City. Fuck knows. Just that itīs a possible and he has specifically mentioned it before in the past on TV here.

I'm guessing by the time he's ready to move on, Yernited will most likely be his 6th choice.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: July 3, 2017, 10:28:19 am »
I see Café Rouge have got a new RAWK Meltdown thread going for the upcoming season, so hopefully our resident poets are aware. They're still kicking off the thread with that classic "Boom-Bust Cycle", still mostly oblivious to the fact that that's their present and future with Ferguson gone. Occasionally new discussions will pop up entitled things like "Are we becoming like the Liverpool of the 90s?", "Is our Liverpoolisation complete?", etc.. which are quickly shouted down and burned away as if they were witchcraft.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #422 on: July 3, 2017, 11:16:24 am »
"Boom-Bust Cycle",
;D

You can't argue with the three trophies they won as I'm sure they love to bring them up and enjoy them this summer and why not because trophies are trophies, but if you truly looked at their season in context then based on their league performance with that investment then it was horrendous and the cups only temporarily paper over the cracks unless they improve. There are now 6 teams vying for the top positions in the league and having to go out and get results week in and week out and they managed to finish in essentially last place of those six.

The boom bust cycle is pretty funny considering the last few years for themselves. Twice they've been expected to challenge only to finish outside the top four- that's spectacular failure for them with their resources. Also there is the stuff about Mourinho always doing it in either his first or second season (the league title) but they could theoretically have a fantastic season in the league but still only finish 2nd.

The league is actually so much more interesting because of this. There were loads of seasons where it was either them or another- and them and Mourinho are likely to find out that it's not a coin flip anymore.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2017, 11:19:28 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: July 3, 2017, 01:04:52 pm »
José Mourinho frustrated at lack of Manchester United summer signings
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/03/jose-mourinho-frustrated-lack-manchester-united-signings

Waaaaaah! I want everything! Give me all the players.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: July 3, 2017, 01:05:47 pm »
'Woodward flew to New Zealand to attend the British and Irish Lions first test against the All Blacks at the end of last month and this caused some surprise among Mourinho’s staff. There is an acknowledgment that Chelsea’s desire to land Monaco’s Tiemoué Bakayoko before allowing Matic to leave and Real’s interest in David de Gea are stumbling blocks. But there is a sense that Woodward needs to rise to the challenge of securing their signatures before Sunday.'

I love Woodward :D

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #425 on: July 3, 2017, 01:11:21 pm »
;D

You can't argue with the three trophies they won as I'm sure they love to bring them up and enjoy them this summer and why not because trophies are trophies, but if you truly looked at their season in context then based on their league performance with that investment then it was horrendous and the cups only temporarily paper over the cracks unless they improve. There are now 6 teams vying for the top positions in the league and having to go out and get results week in and week out and they managed to finish in essentially last place of those six.

I think this season will almost define how successful last season will be viewed. 2 major trophies is not to be sniffed at, even with a 6th place finish. But in the context of their spending power and squad a 6th place finish is pretty poor. Even more damning was the attacking performances and 54 league goals scored in 38 games.

If this season they kick on and challenge for trophies and break into the top 3 then last season may be viewed as as stepping stone. The cups will have been a nice bonus on the way.

If this season they continue to flounder around 4th-6th and put in the insipid attacking performances they served up last season, then those cup wins will definitely be seen as papering over the cracks.

I'm not really sure which way it goes to be honest. Who they buy to play CF and how they perform might be absolutely crucial to them.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #426 on: July 3, 2017, 04:42:18 pm »
What you lot keep forgetting is that if they won all their games last season they would have won the League.

So there.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: July 3, 2017, 04:46:48 pm »
What you lot keep forgetting is that if they won all their games last season they would have won the League.

So there.

I love this argument so much. It is so lacking in logic that it astounds me the serene honesty United fans say it to me with.

"If we had won all the games we lost or drew we'd have won the title."

No shit, lads?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #428 on: July 3, 2017, 04:49:25 pm »
José Mourinho frustrated at lack of Manchester United summer signings
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/03/jose-mourinho-frustrated-lack-manchester-united-signings

Waaaaaah! I want everything! Give me all the players.

Heīs a clever fucker. He won 2 trophies last season and knows it gives him power with the fans. But, they played like shite, the only player who scored more than 5 league goals is gone and they have some major problems next season.

Shifting the blame for future failure by pre-emptively criticising the club regarding transfers is a clever move. If they get their targets now - it was too late. Should have been sooner to bed in and hit the ground running. If they donīt, Mourinho is winning us trophies with an arm tied behind his back. The more deluded may even believe they could have signed Bale, Ronaldo, Neymar or whoever if Woodward wasnīt fucking things up on a daily basis.

Mourinho either works miracles and United do well early on, or they continue to look shite, results match performances, Zlatan isnīt there to save them and the blame has already be placed at Woodward for all this.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: July 3, 2017, 05:09:28 pm »
Heīs a clever fucker. He won 2 trophies last season and knows it gives him power with the fans. But, they played like shite, the only player who scored more than 5 league goals is gone and they have some major problems next season.

Shifting the blame for future failure by pre-emptively criticising the club regarding transfers is a clever move. If they get their targets now - it was too late. Should have been sooner to bed in and hit the ground running. If they donīt, Mourinho is winning us trophies with an arm tied behind his back. The more deluded may even believe they could have signed Bale, Ronaldo, Neymar or whoever if Woodward wasnīt fucking things up on a daily basis.

Mourinho either works miracles and United do well early on, or they continue to look shite, results match performances, Zlatan isnīt there to save them and the blame has already be placed at Woodward for all this.
Even cleverer, he has them all believing they won 3 trophies last season. From the press to the players and even the fans

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #430 on: July 3, 2017, 05:35:47 pm »
Even cleverer, he has them all believing they won 3 trophies last season. From the press to the players and even the fans

"I don't want to win the Europa League.

"It would be a big disappointment for me. I don't want my players to feel the Europa League is our competition."
- Jose Mourinho http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/23330815

I have also seen the League Cup written off when we win it. Also the FA Cup when Arsenal won it.

Basically trophies only count when Mourinho wins them. Otherwise they are shite.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: July 3, 2017, 06:06:51 pm »
Sounds like mourinho is already laying the woodwork for his inevitable self destruction, blaming Woodward and the board. Only can see one outcome coming up. Where's my popcorn? ;D

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: July 3, 2017, 08:45:52 pm »
Sounds like mourinho is already laying the woodwork for his inevitable self destruction, blaming Woodward and the board. Only can see one outcome coming up. Where's my popcorn? ;D

It'll be ready in six minutes.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #433 on: July 3, 2017, 08:53:50 pm »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #435 on: July 3, 2017, 09:03:51 pm »
Yes I'm also a bit sad they haven't spent 150 million on non-superstars like Matic, Perisic and Morata yet  :wave

Feel ya strong José lad.

If he gets his way he'll have spent his entire war chest on players that are either:

1, unproven (Lindelöf)
2, approaching 30 (Matic and Perisic)
3, has only scored above 10 league goals like... once? (Morata)
Linudden.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: July 3, 2017, 09:22:26 pm »
Duncan with his usual fan club piece:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/jose-mourinho-collision-course-ed-woodward-manchester-united-transfers-094053274.html

"Having explicitly requested that all senior-squad signings be complete ahead of pre-season training, the Old Trafford manager was bemused to see Ed Woodward follow the British & Irish Lions rugby team to New Zealand during a critical period for negotiating deals."

Never change Ed :lmao :lmao

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: July 3, 2017, 09:23:35 pm »

Agree with every word but, having said that, Woodward does also appear to be an incompetent fool.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:59:47 am by Titi Camara »
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #438 on: July 3, 2017, 09:32:46 pm »
Winston Reid incoming.

Actually, having seen the last Lions test he might just be after Sonny Bill as cover for Fellaini.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #439 on: July 3, 2017, 09:53:18 pm »
What you lot keep forgetting is that if they won all their games last season they would have won the League ALL the leagues!

So there.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.