Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3472725 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Feli8x the tw@t... Sponsored by Dusty Bin. Special Once Thread.
« Reply #560 on: July 6, 2017, 05:11:02 pm »
Mourinho shifted him out for missing a penalty against Bayern, did he not?

Someone should remind Lukaku of that!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: July 6, 2017, 05:11:36 pm »
Not sure what you're on about mate?

Sonny thinks that we don't rate Ronaldo.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: July 6, 2017, 05:12:11 pm »
Someone called Alan X in 2007. That took me eight seconds to find on Google.
Funnily enough, he actually did give up on all the showboating and tricks, in order to improve his game and become more efficient
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: July 6, 2017, 05:12:51 pm »
Someone called Alan X in 2007. That took me eight seconds to find on Google.

How does that contradict what Travis said? Alls Alan said was that if he gave up the stupid shit his ability would be more apparent.

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #564 on: July 6, 2017, 05:19:58 pm »
Ronaldo--the plastic one---has been at Man Utd for a bit.

How many Champions League goals does he have inthe last 3 seasons as they've qualified every year?

How many goals against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal in the last 3 years?

Let sort the wheat from the chaff. Let's see how he's performed in the "big" games.

But he does those step overs nice. Mainly gets protection from premiership refs. And is fawned over by many. So he's got to be World Class because he's been annointed by the Sky generation of pundits.

He's a good player but him and Rooney both--are not World Class--imho. There are few who are. But damned if everytime someone does something worthwhile, he becomes World Class to the British press.

From the same page as the last quote. There's hundreds of examples. He's another one with 41,239 posts and this is in 2007.

The bias is ridiculous sometimes and does need occasionally pointing out. I'm not saying anymore.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: July 6, 2017, 05:20:51 pm »
I'm not saying anymore.

Good, because this is meant to be a thread about mocking United.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: July 6, 2017, 05:25:03 pm »
So? Lukaku was clearly better..

Zlatan scored 28 goals and recorded 10 assists last season (compared to Lukaku's 26 and 7), and was the main reason why Man Utd won the League Cup and the Europa League. Due to his personality and his superstar status, he was the leader of their team. Lukaku will have a very difficult task to replicate Zlatan's influence, especially since he is always missing in the big games.

Since you've decided Lukaku means they can only finish as good as 6th again, tell me the strikers who would have moved them up into the top 4.

The lack of a top quality target man upfront was not their problem last season. Their real problem is the lack of contribution from the players supporting that target man. That is why they scored only 54 goals in the Premier League last season (less than Bournemouth, and 23 goals less than any top 5 club).

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #567 on: July 6, 2017, 05:30:30 pm »
Zlatan scored 28 goals and recorded 10 assists last season (compared to Lukaku's 26 and 7), and was the main reason why Man Utd won the League Cup and the Europa League. Due to his personality and his superstar status, he was the leader of their team. Lukaku will have a very difficult task to replicate Zlatan's influence, especially since he is always missing in the big games.

The lack of a top quality target man upfront was not their problem last season. Their real problem is the lack of contribution from the players supporting that target man. That is why they scored only 54 goals in the Premier League last season (less than Bournemouth, and 23 goals less than any top 5 club).
It would be this season, since the guy you were waxing lyrical about in your first paragraph has left??

So Man Utd only scored 54 league goals last season and Lukaku scored 25 in a wank team? yes this is a truly mysterious signing if it comes off.

Care to answer my question that you quoted yet didn't reply to? "If they wanted to do better than 6th, they had to do something different" that is what you said.. so by that you mean not buying a proven Premier League goalscorer and buying midfielders who will chip in sporadically.. any chance of naming some names?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: July 6, 2017, 05:30:41 pm »
From the same page as the last quote. There's hundreds of examples. He's another one with 41,239 posts and this is in 2007.

The bias is ridiculous sometimes and does need occasionally pointing out. I'm not saying anymore.
Probably worth remembering this was 2007 ... So the season before he went insane. He didn't break 20 PL goals in the 06/07 season

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #569 on: July 6, 2017, 05:36:51 pm »
Ronaldo was sensational at times 2006/2007 the main reason they won the league laid a fantastic platform for the rest of his career. From a neutral it was his best season to watch him may not have had the 50-60 goals a season he became famous for but he was quality that year , teams were literally just hacking him down they could not deal with him.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2017, 05:39:32 pm by SandyShore »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: July 6, 2017, 05:38:30 pm »
It would be this season, since the guy you were waxing lyrical about in your first paragraph has left??

So Man Utd only scored 54 league goals last season and Lukaku scored 25 in a wank team? yes this is a truly mysterious signing if it comes off.

Care to answer my question that you quoted yet didn't reply to? "If they wanted to do better than 6th, they had to do something different" that is what you said.. so by that you mean not buying a proven Premier League goalscorer and buying midfielders who will chip in sporadically.. any chance of naming some names?

They needed to get an attacking player who would get more out of Mkhitaryan, Mata, Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Lingard in terms of scoring. Their hoof-ball plan is obviously flawed, and getting Lukaku won't fix the problem.

As for the names, Griezmann.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #571 on: July 6, 2017, 05:39:18 pm »

How about you find some posts about him from 2005? Or 2003?

It's a bit selective with hindsight.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: July 6, 2017, 05:40:21 pm »
How about you find some posts about him from 2005? Or 2003?

It's a bit selective with hindsight.

Because the post he was replying to was this one...

I don't think any Liverpool fan questioned his outrageous ability in the last three years he spent there?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #573 on: July 6, 2017, 05:45:42 pm »
Mourinho shifted him out for missing a penalty against Bayern, did he not?

and got Diego Costa for the same price.  Not a bad bit of business that one to be honest.

IMO Lukaku is a donkey.  He will score loads in the PL, but will found wanting in Europe as his technical game is poor.  Playing in tight spaces will be a struggle for him.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2017, 06:10:43 pm by ElCapo »

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: July 6, 2017, 05:45:59 pm »
Lukaku, though strong and tall, isn't really a target man. Hee is clinical however. He wont add to their build up play, and he's not great with linking up and his first touch is erratic. The idea is obviously, get Pogna, Mata, Mkhitaryan to create chamces and replace Ibra with Lukaku to get on the end of them. He wont do anything special against big teams but it's about putting away the mid table teams and below that is the main thing. Obviously lukaku can do that, but now will he deal with the added pressure of doing it for Utd, in league and CL. Not sure

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #575 on: July 6, 2017, 05:50:21 pm »
Over rated

He is like Djalminha but with a few goals and not as enertaining

Kaka over this c*nt anytime of the day and if you think otherwise say 'Skysports brainswashed me' 3 times

Have a look at his "highlights" on YouTube. Almost without fail he shows his "class" against Wigan, Reading, Charlton, Millwall etc. It's also interesting how often he ends up in a heap on the floor after is jinking runs, stepovers and backheels. He's defeinitely improved his shooting - he's scoring at a Lampard level - and is a very good player. He's just nowhere near the best in the world.

Would I want him in our team? Not really. There are better players with better attitude who don't go missing when things go against them.

He is a decent player - but is wildly overhyped just like any Manchester United player of the last 20 years that can kick a ball 5 yards.

All from the 6, May 2007. 54,442, 40,862 and 15,352 posts between them three highly respected members.  :-X

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: July 6, 2017, 05:52:26 pm »
All from the 6, May 2007. 54,442, 40,862 and 15,352 posts between them three highly respected members.  :-X

Have you ever considered that nobody gives a shit?

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: July 6, 2017, 06:13:21 pm »
I mean, the only way everyone is going to find out is by waiting and seeing what happens. When United bought Di Maria there were probably a few people here predicting him failing, and a few other people shitting their pants, and then a couple of other people chiming in with a "Anyone saying Di Maria will flop at United is biased as hell, he's quality, only I the enlightened one can foresee how wonderful he is going to be". Same for Falcao and Pogbad. Conversely for Ronaldo (and I'm sure there's other examples for this direction too). We'll have to wait and see who is right
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: July 6, 2017, 06:27:06 pm »

Who gives a fuck?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #579 on: July 6, 2017, 06:38:43 pm »
If the guys around no.9 don't start scoring much more than they did around a very similar striker last season don't see them improving that much.

He'll score a lot of goals in the league for them but if that is to the detriment of players around him another mediocre season beckons for them.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #580 on: July 6, 2017, 07:05:55 pm »
You think Romelu Lukaku is worth 35m? hahahahahahahaha

Admit it - you've been dicked by an agent again. You've returned to your marquee signings period of the 80s
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #581 on: July 6, 2017, 07:12:48 pm »
Reading a lot about Lukaku being overrated. We'd all be jizzing in our pants if we had signed him! There's nothing overrated about a proven goal scorer!

I'm not a blue or a Manc, I'm a red through and through. It's just an observation!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: July 6, 2017, 07:14:40 pm »
Reading a lot about Lukaku being overrated. We'd all be jizzing in our pants if we had signed him! There's nothing overrated about a proven goal scorer!

I'm not a blue or a Manc, I'm a red through and through. It's just an observation!

I think he's very good but not in a Klopp or Rodgers team
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #583 on: July 6, 2017, 07:15:46 pm »

Can't say I would, he's absolutely the type of player we should be avoiding. His moment upfront is very slow and labored, he's a better Benteke for me. He's a good goal scorer but not what we need in the team as a static forward.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #584 on: July 6, 2017, 07:17:22 pm »

Really?
He's a very good goal scorer, but he's so unsuited to Liverpool's style, it'd be odd if people where happy if he where a serious tranfers target.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #585 on: July 6, 2017, 07:17:45 pm »

Not me - not in a Liverpool team.

Goes missing too often.

Scores goals, yes, but then so does Benteke

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #586 on: July 6, 2017, 07:18:47 pm »

:wave

2017 version..

Rooney never was nor never has been world class.

Plastic Ronny when he left Man Utd was in the top tier of players but didn't become "World Class" until he started winning things with Real Madrid and the Ballon D'Or in consecutive seasons.

You can quote this in another 10 years as well.. :wave

btw..look at my post count now..idiot..post counts are current. 10 years ago, that wasn't my post count. :wave
« Last Edit: July 6, 2017, 07:20:29 pm by 4pool »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #587 on: July 6, 2017, 07:20:24 pm »

You don't score that many goals for a team that finishes 7th without being a great player.

However I don't think it's a huge concern as he will likely play the same part Ibrahimovic played last season, with around the same success. I know Lukaku scored more, but I'd consider them about the same level since Ibrahimovic (in my opinion) seems to raise the level of those around him.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #588 on: July 6, 2017, 07:20:29 pm »
I will say for Maureen's hoofball he's perfect.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: July 6, 2017, 07:29:19 pm »
Scores goals when a team is built around him, give him his dues for that, poor work rate, poor first touch, doesn't hold the ball up well, he's not adaptable, perfect for the epic shithousery employed by Pulisinho though.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: July 6, 2017, 07:34:06 pm »
The thread title! :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Should also mention Sonny's love for Ronaldo and his relentless quest to defend his honour! ;D

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #591 on: July 6, 2017, 07:37:55 pm »
:wave

2017 version..

Rooney never was nor never has been world class.

Plastic Ronny when he left Man Utd was in the top tier of players but didn't become "World Class" until he started winning things with Real Madrid and the Ballon D'Or in consecutive seasons.

You can quote this in another 10 years as well.. :wave

btw..look at my post count now..idiot..post counts are current. 10 years ago, that wasn't my post count. :wave
:rollseyes Mates that's nonsense he was clearly world class when he left Man Utd, 3  League titles, Champions League title, Carling cup and FA cup e.t.c all while being Man utd best player in one of their greatest sides ever, I'm not quite sure what more he would have to do,  and winning what with Real Madrid? first 5-6 seasons he barely won anything in comparison to his time at Man utd. He was world class long before joining Madrid.

« Last Edit: July 6, 2017, 07:50:12 pm by SandyShore »

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: July 6, 2017, 07:42:44 pm »
Not me - not in a Liverpool team.

Goes missing too often.

Scores goals, yes, but then so does Benteke

They'll love lumping it up to him proper Mourinho style. Thrilling stuff.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #593 on: July 6, 2017, 08:05:17 pm »
They'll love lumping it up to him proper Mourinho style. Thrilling stuff.

Lukaku has signed up to being Jose's Robert Huth

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #594 on: July 6, 2017, 08:16:11 pm »
Ronaldo not world class in 2009?

Mate I still play a bunch of FM10 (the best FM by far) and playing him there is like playing a Martian having been teleported from space. Impossible  :wave

Winning La Liga with a minor club is impossible until he's 34-35 ish... he's that good.
Linudden.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #595 on: July 6, 2017, 08:21:58 pm »

Here's one from a 15,031 post member who doesn't post much lately:

Stop acting like a precious little twat.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #596 on: July 6, 2017, 08:24:21 pm »
:rollseyes Mates that's nonsense he was clearly world class when he left Man Utd, 3  League titles, Champions League title, Carling cup and FA cup e.t.c all while being Man utd best player in one of their greatest sides ever, I'm not quite sure what more he would have to do,  and winning what with Real Madrid? first 5-6 seasons he barely won anything in comparison to his time at Man utd. He was world class long before joining Madrid.

No, he really wasn't.

World Class gets tossed out about players way to frequently. Being good or consistent for a side doesn't make one World Class. The hint is in the part "World". Not "Premier".

A player needs to be dominant for a period of time against all comers for club and country. The World Class players are able to replicate their form over seasons, leading multiple teams to titles.

Your plastic Ronny didn't do that at Utd. He was good ( early years) to great ( last year or two he was there) player in a system where he wasn't THE player. He became THE player after he left of which was recognized with back to back Bd'O's.

Michael Owen won 1 Bd'O with us. ( Which is one more than Rooney--who never made top 3 in any Bd'O voting) I wouldn't classify MO as World Class either.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #597 on: July 6, 2017, 08:30:19 pm »
Simply cannot understand any Liverpool fan wanking over Ronaldo.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:59:12 am by Titi Camara »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: July 6, 2017, 08:43:30 pm »
No, he really wasn't.

World Class gets tossed out about players way to frequently. Being good or consistent for a side doesn't make one World Class. The hint is in the part "World". Not "Premier".

A player needs to be dominant for a period of time against all comers for club and country. The World Class players are able to replicate their form over seasons, leading multiple teams to titles.

Your plastic Ronny didn't do that at Utd. He was good ( early years) to great ( last year or two he was there) player in a system where he wasn't THE player. He became THE player after he left of which was recognized with back to back Bd'O's.

Michael Owen won 1 Bd'O with us. ( Which is one more than Rooney--who never made top 3 in any Bd'O voting) I wouldn't classify MO as World Class either.
so suarez when he scored 31 in a season with us wasn't world class either?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #599 on: July 6, 2017, 08:49:27 pm »
I'm sure he'll maintain his current scoring levels at United, though I expect the levels of petulance to increase tremendously.
He doesn't just have to replace Abrahimovich's stats, he'll have to prove himself as Abrahimovich's replacement first, before the team can comfortable build their play around him. At Everton, he was the sole focus, and if he didn't recieve the ball he tended to throw a strop right there on the pitch. Half the time he's running around with his arms outstretched calling for the ball. Will be interesting to see how that manifests itself with the Divas at United. I'm predicting 2 months before sources start leaking issues.

Has quality, but wouldn't be the sort Fergie would have gone for, though on paper suits Mourinho down to a tee.
I still think he'll have issues with Mourinho. He may fit the physical profile of a Drogba, but the mentality is vastly different (might also be a generational issue?), and Drogba brought more to the game as well, punishing CBs for the full 90 minutes wearing them out. I would be concerned if this was a young Drogba, but not overly concerned with Lukaku.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.