Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 349248 times)

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #5920 on: March 15, 2024, 11:30:19 am »
Arsenal can do this.

I can see them in final if they don't get City or Real in the semis.

Erm, thats exactly who they have got.

Can see the winner stumbling bloodied into the final and then getting shithoused to infinity by Atletico.

If Arsenal win it from here they'll certainly deserve it. Absolutely stinking draw, apart from being at home second.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5921 on: March 15, 2024, 11:34:20 am »
Erm, thats exactly who they have got.

Can see the winner stumbling bloodied into the final and then getting shithoused to infinity by Atletico.

If Arsenal win it from here they'll certainly deserve it. Absolutely stinking draw, apart from being at home second.

At home first

Offline Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5922 on: March 15, 2024, 11:35:56 am »
At home first

Double yikes, both quarter and semi?
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5923 on: March 15, 2024, 11:36:10 am »
Still can’t believe city got real. Jon Obi wont make it home tonight. How hot do they need to make the balls for you.

Offline Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5924 on: March 15, 2024, 11:37:33 am »
Still can’t believe city got real. Jon Obi wont make it home tonight. How hot do they need to make the balls for you.

Absolute dream for UEFA's tv ad revenues though.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #5925 on: March 15, 2024, 11:37:54 am »
Double yikes, both quarter and semi?

Yep, they've had an absolute shocker. Couldn't have been any worse for them :(

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #5926 on: March 15, 2024, 11:41:34 am »
That’s created a brutal run of fixtures for Arsenal, great news for us:

Brighton (A)
Bayern (H)
Villa (H)
Bayern (A)
Wolves (A)
Free mid week
Spurs (H)
City/Madrid (H)
Bournemouth (H)
City/Madrid (A)
United (A)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5927 on: March 15, 2024, 11:49:52 am »
Yep, they've had an absolute shocker. Couldn't have been any worse for them :(

The quarter final is a great draw for Arsenal.

But yes, the semi final should be two really tough matches, full of some of the most incredible diving, cryarsing and play-acting ever seen between 2 ‘English’ teams (I use the term lightly for Abu Dhabi FC).

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5928 on: March 15, 2024, 11:52:42 am »

But yes, the semi final should be two really tough matches, full of some of the most incredible diving, cryarsing and play-acting ever seen between 2 ‘English’ teams (I use the term lightly for Abu Dhabi FC).
Out of curiousity why just for City?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5929 on: March 15, 2024, 12:00:05 pm »

Lots of players for Bayern putting their whole season into these games now, they'll play a lot better than they have in the league.

And they've been there before and done it. Plus I think their coach has more experience of the situation too.

The Allianz Arena is a hell of tough place to get a result.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5930 on: March 15, 2024, 12:01:12 pm »
I make Arsenal 60/40 favs to get past Bayern but you cant really rule a team like Bayern out.

They might be in a position to rest players in league and Arsenal just cant do that in the PL.

City v Madrid Mmmmm id go for City but its Madrid and again you just cant ever rule them out.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5931 on: March 15, 2024, 12:02:04 pm »

If there's one fanbase that should remember that dropping points in the league means nothing when it comes to a big European night it should be us!

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5932 on: March 15, 2024, 12:02:09 pm »

Bayern? Its better than Real or City, apart from that its as tough as they could have got. And at home first.

Brighton away on the 6th, Bayern at home 9th or 10th, Villa home on the 13th, Bayern away on the 16/17th and then Wolves away on the 20th.

Going to have to go hell for leather to try and put the tie to bed at home

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5933 on: March 15, 2024, 12:07:09 pm »
Lots of players for Bayern putting their whole season into these games now, they'll play a lot better than they have in the league.

And they've been there before and done it. Plus I think their coach has more experience of the situation too.

The Allianz Arena is a hell of tough place to get a result.

for sure! It’s all they have left after all.

But they have lost a quarter of their games under tuchel. This isn’t the Bayern team of even 3 or 4 seasons back. 

Arsenal will rightly be clear favourites for this tie. People see the name Bayern Munich, but not the team they actually are I think. Not only player wise they are far removed from what they where, but there is no aura, and dissent within the ranks everywhere.

Offline Gili Gulu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5934 on: March 15, 2024, 12:07:38 pm »
Apparently Bayern fans are banned from the game at the Emirates due to fireworks being thrown against Lazio.

Will make the atmosphere a bit weird, not sure I'd like that if it was us really.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #5935 on: March 15, 2024, 12:20:20 pm »
Good draw for Arsenal that. Drew to the weakest team left in the competition. Should breeze through to the semis. No excuses.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 01:33:51 pm by dirkster »

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5936 on: March 15, 2024, 12:22:21 pm »
Great draws all round really. It won't be a walkover but Arsenal should be getting past Bayern and meeting either Real or City in the semis. See how they cope with that.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #5937 on: March 15, 2024, 12:30:33 pm »
I know we are confident that City will beat Arsenal. Haven't Arsenal already won in the league (at home I know) and in the Community Shield (I know, I know)?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5938 on: March 15, 2024, 12:37:15 pm »
Harry Kane against his boyhood club, it had to happen.

Ah well. Can see Arsenal beating Bayern. Kinda hope they do actually !  ;)

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #5939 on: March 15, 2024, 12:43:25 pm »
Different era now though, and if he's got some mental health stuff going on, people are going to be more forgiving with this kind of thing.

Not if it was a Liverpool player, and we all know it. Hysteria around our club is ridiculous.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5940 on: March 15, 2024, 12:46:25 pm »
I know we are confident that City will beat Arsenal. Haven't Arsenal already won in the league (at home I know) and in the Community Shield (I know, I know)?

Beat them in the league?
Not really betting on that.
Draw is probably the likeliest outcome but can see Arsenal winning just as easily.

If the meet in the CL semi I think City will go through, experience matters more in CL.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #5941 on: March 15, 2024, 12:49:54 pm »
Ah well. Can see Arsenal beating Bayern. Kinda hope they do actually !  ;)

They’re capable. Arsenal getting a lot of disrespect in here, but they have looked great this season. Particularly since the turn of the year. Some big tests coming up for them to show us how good they really are. They’ve shown faith in Arteta and are being rewarded, which is what it’s all about. Yes, he behaves like a bit of a dick, and their performance after they beat us was cringeworthy, but I guess that’s what happens when you’ve been shit for ages.

All that said, happy they have a tough draw and hoping them and City get some feisty games.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5942 on: March 15, 2024, 12:57:25 pm »
When we put 5 past Porto in Portugal? :D Think we were like the third highest scoring team in CL history that season. That team was absolute carnage, they deserve more respect than being compared to this Arsenal side!

I just mean in the sense it's their first year back, with a long spell out, and they reach a final - of course our team was better than them.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5943 on: March 15, 2024, 01:01:02 pm »
Beat them in the league?
Draw is probably the likeliest outcome but can see Arsenal winning just as easily.

If the meet in the CL semi I think City will go through, experience matters more in CL.

Did Arsenal beat City at home this season? Or was that a draw. Or maybe it was last season?  I do remember raising an eyebrow not tooo long ago.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #5944 on: March 15, 2024, 01:01:26 pm »
Going to have to go hell for leather to try and put the tie to bed at home
They're way past this stage. They could take a 4 goal lead to the Allianz and they'd still need to put out the first 11 to get the job done.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5945 on: March 15, 2024, 01:22:09 pm »
They’re capable. Arsenal getting a lot of disrespect in here, but they have looked great this season. Particularly since the turn of the year. Some big tests coming up for them to show us how good they really are. They’ve shown faith in Arteta and are being rewarded, which is what it’s all about. Yes, he behaves like a bit of a dick, and their performance after they beat us was cringeworthy, but I guess that’s what happens when you’ve been shit for ages.

All that said, happy they have a tough draw and hoping them and City get some feisty games.

not from anyone who’s looking at Bayern circa 2024, rather than Bayern circa 2013-2020.

Arsenal are clear favourites for the tie, why wouldn’t they be? Play in a stronger league, competing at the top, vs a team who’s lost a quarter of their games under the coach, who are out of the league title contention, and have players at war seemingly with everyone.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5946 on: March 15, 2024, 01:32:21 pm »
not from anyone who’s looking at Bayern circa 2024, rather than Bayern circa 2013-2020.

Arsenal are clear favourites for the tie, why wouldn’t they be? Play in a stronger league, competing at the top, vs a team who’s lost a quarter of their games under the coach, who are out of the league title contention, and have players at war seemingly with everyone.

Second leg at home is big for Bayern. Bayern aren't going to be scared going to Emirates, either.

I actually think Bayern is getting disrespected, rather than Arsenal. They still have talent across the board - and Tuchel can generally manage in Europe.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5947 on: March 15, 2024, 01:51:55 pm »

Brighton (A)
Bayern (H)
Villa (H)
Bayern (A)
Wolves (A)
Free mid week
Spurs (H)
City/Madrid (H)
Bournemouth (H)
City/Madrid (A)
United (A)

One can only dream

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5948 on: March 15, 2024, 01:54:13 pm »

Brighton (A)
Bayern (H)
Villa (H)
Bayern (A)
Wolves (A)
Free mid week
Spurs (H)
City/Madrid (H)
Bournemouth (H)
City/Madrid (A)
United (A)
Jeez. Would they sacrifice a defeat against Bayern if they still in the running for the title?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5949 on: March 15, 2024, 01:55:56 pm »
Beat them in the league?

You were right, we did beat them in the league (and community shield) this season.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5950 on: March 15, 2024, 01:56:31 pm »
Jeez. Would they sacrifice a defeat against Bayern if they still in the running for the title?

Sacrifice nothing, all in, do or die

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #5951 on: March 15, 2024, 02:06:07 pm »

Brighton (A)
Bayern (H)
Villa (H)
Bayern (A)
Wolves (A)
Free mid week
Spurs (H)
City/Madrid (H)
Bournemouth (H)
City/Madrid (A)
United (A)

There are no free midweeks. They'll be fitting Chelsea home in there.  8)
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5952 on: March 15, 2024, 02:10:10 pm »
The reaction to Ben White not wanting to play in a couple of friendlies is bizarre. Some seriously unhinged people knocking about.

Having a player who's readily willing to jib off international duty to focus on his club is the dream, Arsenal fans should cherish him.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5953 on: March 15, 2024, 02:14:19 pm »
Having a player who's readily willing to jib off international duty to focus on his club is the dream, Arsenal fans should cherish him.
What makes you think he's doing it for the club? He needs to find time to get those loyalty points from indigo Sun.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5954 on: March 15, 2024, 02:28:08 pm »
Arsenal will beat this shit Bayern team.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #5955 on: March 15, 2024, 02:33:40 pm »
Arsenal will beat this shit Bayern team.
Bayern has got their number, quite a few heavy defeats for them.
Not to mention they have Kane now, nailed on to score a few pens.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #5956 on: March 15, 2024, 02:37:55 pm »
Looking at Arsenal's fixtures for the rest of the season they are fried. So many dropped points opportunities. City on the other hand have a ridiculously easy finish, specially their last four league games.

A draw between Arsenal / City sounds good, but really Arsenal winning that game will be our best outcome.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5957 on: March 15, 2024, 02:40:34 pm »
Not sure how you could confidently say Arsenal will beat Bayern when they struggled massively against a very weak Porto side. I dont particularly rate Tuchel but he seems to know how to win in Europe, you can't the same for Arteta who has already overseen some dreadful displays in the Europa and then lucky to beat the worst side left in the CL in the knockouts.

Plus the Harry Kane hype will make it a much bigger, more intense occasion. Its a lovely draw for us, couldn't have gone any better.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #5958 on: March 15, 2024, 02:49:58 pm »
Not sure how you could confidently say Arsenal will beat Bayern when they struggled massively against a very weak Porto side. I dont particularly rate Tuchel but he seems to know how to win in Europe, you can't the same for Arteta who has already overseen some dreadful displays in the Europa and then lucky to beat the worst side left in the CL in the knockouts.

Plus the Harry Kane hype will make it a much bigger, more intense occasion. Its a lovely draw for us, couldn't have gone any better.
Oh they'll beat Bayern. In fact they will absolutely thrash them and then go on to lift the European Cup, along with the Premier League. They've been thrashing teams as of late and are by far the best team in the league, nay the world. Their manager has them really pumped and his emotions are what other managers aspire to. In fact I've heard many managers are mimicking his emotional reactions. The atmosphere at the Emirates will be phenomenal, especially when the fans start going through their rendition of original songs.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5959 on: March 15, 2024, 02:52:54 pm »
They could have done with an easier route but if they end up winning it, no matter would be able to argue that they don't deserve it.