Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 637731 times)

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Avi Arad and others has spoke pretty conclusively on the matter;

http://screenrant.com/no-spider-man-in-avengers-movies/
http://www.slashfilm.com/no-sony-is-not-about-to-sell-rights-to-spider-man/

Although the fact Sony were willing to let Oscorp feature in the Avengers is interesting, and maybe a co-op could happen?

The only way Marvel would get the Spiderman rights back to their studios, is for the fourth film (2018) to majorly flop and them not make anymore for 'x' amount of years. I read somewhere that is why they had to reboot it this time, as if they don`t do something with the character every 'x' amount of years then the rights revert. In much the same way that Daredevil has, although I will never understand why Sony didn`t push forward with this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eLfXo_gSd3I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eLfXo_gSd3I</a>

The X-Men and Fantastic Four are in much the same boat, but even complex because some characters overlap (i.e Quicksilver) and due to the rights they will be known as 'inhumans' rather than 'mutants' in the Marvelverse. Which is of irrelevance really, and a nice tie in to a couple of the All-New Now titles. A few years ago it was rumoured (http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/08/07/fox-wants-to-trade-marvel-the-silver-surfer-and-galactus-for-an-extension-on-daredevil) that Fox wanted to exchange Galactus and Silver Surfer for an extension on the Daredevil contract, but the Marvel juggernaut (although that word is probably against contract ;D) is a very different beast to the almost bankrupt company that lost the rights in the first place and wants all its properties back.

As it is, I don`t think its a bad thing, Fox are doing fine with X-Men at least and it will be interesting for to see how Sony expand the Spiderman universe and far they take it.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Avi Arad and others has spoke pretty conclusively on the matter;

http://screenrant.com/no-spider-man-in-avengers-movies/

That's not what I'd call conclusive, and Avi Arad's personal opinions aren't the be all and end-all in any case.

http://www.slashfilm.com/no-sony-is-not-about-to-sell-rights-to-spider-man/

Well, no. That would be silly. But that's not really the issue.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
That's not what I'd call conclusive, and Avi Arad's personal opinions aren't the be all and end-all in any case.
Well, no. That would be silly. But that's not really the issue.

Sorry, for some reason I always thought Arad had a role with Sony, like Feige at Marvel, is that not the case? And what do you see as the issue - profitability?

Essentially though we said the same thing, a co-op could be possible...considering how close they came to featuring Oscorp.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2014, 05:48:52 pm by Vintage Nerd »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Inhumans will be brought into the Marvel movieverse a lot later on from now, this week they finally released their big "Inhuman #1" comic issue where they finally add to that core cast of characters.

Bit stereotypical though. There's a guy called Dante who turns into a big lava monster called "Inferno". Doesn't sound like they're thinking too hard about it just yet ;D

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Would Fox continue with the FF if this reboot fails?
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6½
  • Legacy Fan
the latest episode of agents of shield was awesome!!!!
South Park>>>>>All.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Would Fox continue with the FF if this reboot fails?

Yes they're looking to set up a Fox cinematic universe wit the X-Men.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Yes they're looking to set up a Fox cinematic universe wit the X-Men.
why would anyone want to see an FF vs X-Men movie when I don't care about the FF (i.e. the FF movie wasn't good)?
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
why would anyone want to see an FF vs X-Men movie when I don't care about the FF (i.e. the FF movie wasn't good)?

Not vs a crossover but a team up film.

We won't know exactly how till after X-Men Apocalypse in 2016.  Days of Future Past is time travel related so it will be with the younger FC cast.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2014, 07:54:26 pm by Samie »

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
Went and saw it on Thursday, I really enjoyed it.

Echoing most of the sentiments on here that it was much better than the first one, and all the supporting cast were great in this - particularly Scarlett Johansson.

Spoiler
Thought the Nick Fury 'death' was a cop-out as well, surely they have to actually kill off one of the main cast in the next 1-2 movies. The MCU needs a real death to add that realism and drama to the franchise.
[close]
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Spoiler
Thought the Nick Fury 'death' was a cop-out as well, surely they have to actually kill off one of the main cast in the next 1-2 movies. The MCU needs a real death to add that realism and drama to the franchise.
[close]

Spoiler
It's a whole trope in comics that no one really dies, though. However, actors age and art does not. I'm a firm believer that they'll kill off Evans' Steve Rogers character in Captain America 3 or Avengers 3 and have Bucky take over the role of Captain America as he did several years ago in the comics.

[close]

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
Spoiler
It's a whole trope in comics that no one really dies, though. However, actors age and art does not. I'm a firm believer that they'll kill off Evans' Steve Rogers character in Captain America 3 or Avengers 3 and have Bucky take over the role of Captain America as he did several years ago in the comics.

[close]

Spoiler
That seems to be the most popular theory at the moment. Evans has said hes gonna quit acting when his 6 picture deal is up with Marvel (with his last one being Captain America 3).
[close]
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
that's what I think too! especially considering Sebastian Stan has  been given a 9 film contract
[close]

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Went and saw it on Thursday, I really enjoyed it.

Echoing most of the sentiments on here that it was much better than the first one, and all the supporting cast were great in this - particularly Scarlett Johansson.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Fury's death was ace. I was like "Ha, classic Fury" as soon as they pronounced him. That dude never stays dead in the comics, I was half expecting it to have been a Life Model Decoy.

I think they will kill a big character soon, like the Cap/Bucky scenario thats looking the most likely. I dont think theyll kill off Stark, I think with his character arc of him seemingly becoming less involved in the making a million suits, he will devote his time to making and maintaining a new SHIELD style group, and thats how theyll let him "retire" from the suit. I wonder if they will then have Rhodey take over, or have some young upstart be the "New Iron Man".
[close]
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry, for some reason I always thought Arad had a role with Sony, like Feige at Marvel, is that not the case? And what do you see as the issue - profitability?
I
Essentially though we said the same thing, a co-op could be possible...considering how close they came to featuring Oscorp.

Yes, a co-production is the only way I can see it happening, what I meant about it not being the point was that the article talked about sony selling the Spider-man rights. That's not on the agenda for the foreseeable future. As for Arad, whatever his role, he won't be in it forever, and as you suggest, if it looks profitable the decision might be made over his head.

I still think it is unlikely, by the way, but the history of bringing these characters to screen over the last few years really shows that anything is possible.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched and quite enjoyed it. Coming from a non comic background, to me it was good, on par with Thor 2. Ironman 3 was still better for me and that was mainly due to Robert Downey Jr. I mean both Thor and Captain America are kind of these boring, good guys.

Looking forward to the next installment from Marvel. They have certainly upped their game post Avengers - no weak movie yet.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just watched and quite enjoyed it. Coming from a non comic background, to me it was good, on par with Thor 2. Ironman 3 was still better for me and that was mainly due to Robert Downey Jr. I mean both Thor and Captain America are kind of these boring, good guys.

Looking forward to the next installment from Marvel. They have certainly upped their game post Avengers - no weak movie yet.

Thought Thor 2 was rubbish. Iron Man 3 and Cap 2 both excellent though.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I really enjoyed all the phase 2 films. Iron Man 3 was great, loved the twist and dealing with Tony more. Thor 2 was good, although Malekith wasn't done well at all, and was very forgettable, but it was fun Marvel fare.

Cap 2 was phenomenal. And now we wait for Guardians of the Galaxy to be the best yet, and give us a big cosmic blockbuster with a TALKING FUCKING TREE. God I love Marvel.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Thought it was excellent. My favourite single character one since Iron Man. Question about the tv show.

Spoiler
i haven't watched it. But how's it going to fit in now?
[close]
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
Thought it was excellent. My favourite single character one since Iron Man. Question about the tv show.

Spoiler
i haven't watched it. But how's it going to fit in now?
[close]

That is a very good question. I did wonder that myself.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
That is a very good question. I did wonder that myself.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3fF67J5qgnE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3fF67J5qgnE</a>

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Captain America 3 confirmed for a US release of May 6th, so going head to head with Batman Vs. Superman (although it's released a week earlier in the UK), will DC blink?

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
When does the Hulk get his own film? Mark Ruffalo was so good as Bruce Banner, so much to work with with him at the helm. Would love to see him get a solo movie.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
When does the Hulk get his own film? Mark Ruffalo was so good as Bruce Banner, so much to work with with him at the helm. Would love to see him get a solo movie.
Ruffalo's got a six film contract so it's likely they'll make one, but the earliest it could be is summer 2016. Kevin Feige (President of Marvel Studios) has said both Hulk and Hawkeye will have bigger roles in Age of Ultron because they haven't had standalone films since the last Averngers.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Hulk is a weird one.  I'm not sure how they can make a Hulk film without repeating what the previous two have done, with Banner looking for a cure and then beating up a fellow Hulk monster at the end.

I'd make Planet Hulk with The Avengers sending Hulk off into space at the end of Avengers 2 (maybe the Guardians of the Galaxy turn up and he goes off with them) and then have him come back at in Avengers beating the shit out of everyone.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
Planet Hulk is a cracking good read, the Hulk as John Carter, basically. Although the poor performance of that movie might put them off.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just back from seeing it, thought it was phenomenal, best Marvel movie yet. Cracking story that will have huge ramifications for the cinematic and tv universe, excellent performances by all involved, some lovely little easter eggs scattered throughout, amazing. Really can't wait for GotG and Age of Ultron now.

Spoiler
If I had any complaints I'd say the Stan Lee cameo sort of threw me out of the movie a little, not sure if it was because his goofy hamming it up didn't fit with the tone of the movie or what, but I think they could have found a better moment for it. Also, not sure the whole Agent 13 thing was done that well, at the end they show her in the CIA shooting range but it's like, why should the audience care, they didn't reveal to them that she was Sharon Carter, Peggy's niece, let alone tell Steve, so casual observers might ask why they're supposed to care about how the storyline of the neighbor who's secretly a shield agent spy turns out. It was one of those that was a bit too drawn out to just be an easter egg, but not really fleshed out enough to be relevant or necessary to the plot either.

Anyway, that mid-credits Twins reveal was outstanding, as were the initial silhouette credits themselves. Also, I read that the little to-do list Rogers has where he notes Marvin Gaye at the beginning is a little different for every country, for example down here it had Tim Tams and AC/DC on the list. Here's a nifty link to see some of the differences for each country. https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/what-s-on-captain-america-s-to-do-list-across-the-globe--194542393.html
[close]
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
Spoiler
Also, I read that the little to-do list Rogers has where he notes Marvin Gaye at the beginning is a little different for every country, for example down here it had Tim Tams and AC/DC on the list. Here's a nifty link to see some of the differences for each country. https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/what-s-on-captain-america-s-to-do-list-across-the-globe--194542393.html
[close]
Spoiler
That's pretty cool. I did wonder why the World Cup was so high on his list of things to check out.
[close]

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
Spoiler
That's pretty cool. I did wonder why the World Cup was so high on his list of things to check out.
[close]

Pretty much everywhere bar Brazil, too. Which makes no sense at all.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
Is Korea so bereft of anything interesting it has to include Ji Sun park?

UK one should have included "David Moyes - manager of Manchester United".

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
Ruffalo's got a six film contract so it's likely they'll make one, but the earliest it could be is summer 2016. Kevin Feige (President of Marvel Studios) has said both Hulk and Hawkeye will have bigger roles in Age of Ultron because they haven't had standalone films since the last Averngers.
Does the cameo at the end of Iron Man 3 count as one of the six?

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
Does the cameo at the end of Iron Man 3 count as one of the six?
Probably not. Chris Evans' cameo in Thor 2 didn't count so I guess that won't either.

Offline andspecks

• Legacy Fan
Probably not. Chris Evans' cameo in Thor 2 didn't count so I guess that won't either.
Well, the more Bruce Banner the better in my opinion. So good news :D

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
Question for the comin book readers

Spoiler
The guy fighting Falcon at the end, is he in the comic books? As they bothered to show him alive after getting burnt to a crisp, I assume he is.
[close]

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

Spoiler
The guy fighting Falcon at the end, is he in the comic books? As they bothered to show him alive after getting burnt to a crisp, I assume he is.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, that's Crossbones. He's a bit of a shit
[close]
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Surprised at all the good reviews. Thought it was average myself but then I did get bored of all the Avengers stuff a while ago. I thought the first film was better.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
Spoiler
Yeah, that's Crossbones. He's a bit of a shit
[close]
Should have been killed in the elevator only. The Cap's losing his touch (muscles?)
Surprised at all the good reviews. Thought it was average myself but then I did get bored of all the Avengers stuff a while ago. I thought the first film was better.
I think its a disparity between comic fans and only movie viewers. The comic ones are absolutely buzzing with all the small references and setting it for newer characters, while the movie only ones (like me) thinks it is a good action flick. It will be interesting how it will pan out in the future as the comic ones are excited about some tree or witch fighting something while I am not too sold on a bunch of characters with magical powers.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, Crossbones:

Although, even I didnt realise who he was supposed to be, missed his name totally, unlike Batroc. Hes not a major player, but has a big role in the Brubaker run that this film took big references from.
[close]

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Saw Cap 2 recently. It was a pleasant watch, but I'm one of those who's probably gotten bored of the superhero movies by now, i think a few (notably lionel_messias?) predicted this to happen a year or two ago.

Still a nice enough watch mind, but not quite the buzz that say the first Cap movie or Thor had.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Should have been killed in the elevator only. The Cap's losing his touch (muscles?).

Spoiler
This guy, together with the girl introduced as Cap's neighbour in the movie (Sharon Carter) kill Captain America in the comics if I'm not mistaken. Is Cap still dead in the comics? Perhaps these two may play a part in killing him later in the series.
[close]