Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 638384 times)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
http://www.slashfilm.com/scott-derrickson-dr-strange/

Dr Strange movie will be announced shortly and this guy will be the director. Done Sinister, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and the recent The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Bleeding Cool has just stated they are looking at Jared Leto for the main character... honestly that is so typically Marvel 'out-of-the-box-but-works-on-every-level" casting.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
http://www.slashfilm.com/scott-derrickson-dr-strange/

Dr Strange movie will be announced shortly and this guy will be the director. Done Sinister, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and the recent The Day The Earth Stood Still

Well that will be shit then

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Well that will be shit then

Check yourself before you wreck yourself, Heelsy. Jared Leto is good casting, he's kind weird, beautiful looking (bastard!) and indy but could be mainstream.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
And Derrickson is a decent director.  The only duffer is The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, I'm so on board this. Doctor Strange is one of my favourite characters, and Marvel have banked more than enough good faith with me to back any director they choose. Fuck, they could give Micheal Bay a job directing an all female superhero team and I'd believe Marvel would do it right.

Marvel have a vision, so far it's been magnificent, I don't see any reason for that to stop. Jared Leto would be fantastic too, another left field casting that would probably be perfect.

Frankly, the fact we're getting a fucking Doctor Strange film makes me giddy.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
First thought that popped into my head with Jared Leto playing Strange would be that he's too short.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
Then they'll just put him in heels on set like they do with RDJ ;)

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First thought that popped into my head with Jared Leto playing Strange would be that he's too short.

Never really noticed how tall/short he is...

*googles*

FIVE FOOT 9?! HES SHORTER THAN ME?!

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Tom Cruise is a short arse, I think they stand him on a box when needed. I don't think it will be a problem.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Marvel have found their new Ant-Man director, and its, erm Peyton Reed. He's done The Break Up, Yes Man, and some other shit I can't remember.

Adam McKay is on board too, so that's a positive with his comedy work on The Other Guys, Anchorman and Step Brothers.

Still, Reed is basically "a director". He's not really done anything interesting or different, he's just one of those directors who's just there. But I guess that's all Marvel could do at such short notice. I'd still have liked Joe Cornish to have directed, but eh.

Sadly, all the positivity has been drained from this now, and people will see it as a "what could've been" film, which is sad. It no longer feels like a fresh, interesting new take on the Marvel Universe, it just feels like another film.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
First proper fuck up by Marvel but as someone pointed out both Thor and Captain A had LESS interesting, more corporate sequels.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
Peyton Reed is decent.  Bring it On was a brilliant film, even outside of the cheerleaders in short skirts factor.

He was originally going to do a 60's themed Fantastic Four film similar in tone to Down With Love but that got canned in favour of the shitty Tim Story efforts.

He's a massive comic book nerd too so knows his stuff.  I actually like this choice.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Check yourself before you wreck yourself, Heelsy. Jared Leto is good casting, he's kind weird, beautiful looking (bastard!) and indy but could be mainstream.

I meant it being from the director of those films.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
Vincent D'onofrio has been cast in the upcoming live action Netflix Daredevil series as King Pin.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
What happened in the last episode of Marvel's Agents of Shield please - put it in spoiler tags obviously --- I have a kid and won't have time to watch it?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
What happened in the last episode of Marvel's Agents of Shield please - put it in spoiler tags obviously --- I have a kid and won't have time to watch it?
There is probably a decent synopsis on wiki and IMDB.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy

This do? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agents_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._(season_1)#Episodes

I watched it on US schedule time.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer

It was a good un. Worth watching.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3CqymRQ1uUU?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3CqymRQ1uUU?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3CqymRQ1uUU?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3CqymRQ1uUU?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

Superb trailer, looks to have a good mix of humour/action/darkness.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Nice trailer, can't wait to see how shit Batista's acting is though

from the man who brought you BASKETBALLS DON'T HOLD GRUDGES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCt-HUn0AAU
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
That last line about sucking the joy out of everything is so apt when aimed at a certain studio. ;D

Offline Dingus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Man Without Fear
read elsewhere that Nathan Fillion is going to play Nova!
odd choice as Richard Rider (Nova) is a teenager?
love Nathan Fillion though!  :wellin

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
That last line about sucking the joy out of everything is so apt when aimed at a certain studio. ;D

Who was it aimed at?

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Who was it aimed at?

Well it seems like there's a sort of viral marketing going on with each trailer they put out, a kind of a fourth wall breaking one liners like, "this might not be the best idea" *wink* or "what a bunch of a-holes" and now this one that starts with "From the studio that brought you..." and ends with "you just suck the joy out of everything".

So maybe I am just assuming that this one is aimed at Warner Brothers Production for sucking the fun and life out of the movies they put out.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process

That's Joss Whedon getting more and more freedom because this is a director doing his mate a favour kind of casting.

I'm not saying Nathan Fillion is a bad actor. I love Firefly and damn FOX for destroying it.

But if Joss hadn't done will with Avengers Marvel wouldn't touch him

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan

Think its a Nova, rather than THE Nova. James Gunn just confirmed he is in it as a cameo.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
For me, the new Sam Alexander character works perfectly for a Nova film. The stories so far are basically Spiderman-in-space, as a young teenager who patrols the cosmos by day and has to be home for chores and homework by night. His dad, a middle-aged drunkard who works as the school janitor, rambles about his past era when he fought in intergalactic wars with the Black Nova Corps, but his son never believes him. He goes missing one day, Sam finds the Nova helmet which grants him the powers of space travel etc, and he realises his dad was right all along and now he has to find him as he teams up with Thor and the rest of the Avengers.

Yadda yadda yadda, its Disney 101 but for young boys. Bound to make money if they go with it, and as I've said before somewhere, there's already a strong supporting Nova corps cast established in Guardians.

Offline Dingus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Man Without Fear
Think its a Nova, rather than THE Nova. James Gunn just confirmed he is in it as a cameo.
makes more sense!
would love to see Nathan Fillion get a hero/villian role in the Marvel/DC universe though!

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
For me, the new Sam Alexander character works perfectly for a Nova film. The stories so far are basically Spiderman-in-space, as a young teenager who patrols the cosmos by day and has to be home for chores and homework by night. His dad, a middle-aged drunkard who works as the school janitor, rambles about his past era when he fought in intergalactic wars with the Black Nova Corps, but his son never believes him. He goes missing one day, Sam finds the Nova helmet which grants him the powers of space travel etc, and he realises his dad was right all along and now he has to find him as he teams up with Thor and the rest of the Avengers.

Yadda yadda yadda, its Disney 101 but for young boys. Bound to make money if they go with it, and as I've said before somewhere, there's already a strong supporting Nova corps cast established in Guardians.

There was talk that that is who the kid from Iron Man 3 was, the actor that played him said as much in an interview, although imagine it may be wishful thinking!

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
makes more sense!
would love to see Nathan Fillion get a hero/villian role in the Marvel/DC universe though!

So he is apparently playing....

Spoiler
the voice of Cosmo. Made up! What a cameo.
[close]

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Dingus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Man Without Fear

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Cosmo and Rocket??  ;D
[close]

just realised John C.Reilly and Glenn Close and both Noca Corps, should be interesting!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:11:23 am by Dingus »

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Spoiler
[close]

Oh please. Pleeeeeeease.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
Been doing 90+ hour weeks for over a month to finish guardians.

Never doing a marvel project again. Nightmare

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Been doing 90+ hour weeks for over a month to finish guardians.

Never doing a marvel project again. Nightmare

Shut your complaining and do a good job you moaning bastard. Some of us want to be entertained. ;)

Seen the whole thing yet? Sick of watching it over and over?

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
No only about 45 mins or so. A lot looks really good. Some been too rushed. Usual story these days.

I'll be happy if I never have to look at a raccoon ever again :P

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
Annnnd its another trailer

http://youtu.be/TU0X-xfj-rQ