Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 54295 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #320 on: January 27, 2022, 12:08:21 pm »
Ha ha - says Andy who thinks Brucie is a nomark

;D ;D

Grobelaar is a cracking singer!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #321 on: January 27, 2022, 12:12:26 pm »
Pity she doesn't get someone to co-sing them as well
Laughed too hard at this. I’m putting it on the record, I’m now an Andy @ Allerton stan.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #322 on: January 27, 2022, 01:00:54 pm »
the misogyny card

I mean, Taylor Swift is at the centre of the music industry in 2022, Damon Albarn is a niche artist. What possible effect could his comments, in a random obscure interview, have on her career? None. What effects do you think the president of a country calling him a liar could have? Markedly more, as I'm sure any reasonable person would agree. Who has more power and who is actively weaponising it? Those are the pertinent questions.

Sorry to snip just a couple of bits from your post (there's a lot going on in this thread!), but I do actually think that misogyny is important here ("here" not being your post, by the way, just this 'incident' in general).

Mentioned a couple of a pages back that I interpreted Albarn's comments as seeming ignorant and his initial doubling down on them as seeming arrogant. I've no evidence to suggest that Albarn is a misogynist - nor any belief (or wish to find) that he is - but, upon first reading his comments (before ever entering this thread!), I did find them to seem misogynistic. It read to me a little like wilful ignorance being worn as a badge of honour - like pride being taken in 'that's not my thing' & 'I'm distant from that'.

I don't actually think the particulars of this being 'about' Albarn & Swift are the pertinent points here (though I also think that the discussion would be better placed in the/an Albarn thread, if in one dedicated to either individual) - it felt to me like a case of a middle-aged man putting a frame/box around a young woman; a case of speaking about & for them, rather than to them. And so - just to address the bolded part - I don't think that his comments really could have much of an effect on her career, but it felt to me like an example of misogyny affecting representation and an example of something that's likely replicated over & over in largely unseen scenarios. Swift's response was quite personal to her, which is her right, but it was The Anchoress' comments on it that most seemed to strike a chord with me.

It's probably worth me pointing out that Ryan Adams was a favourite artist of mine for 15 years or so, and so the 2019 allegations against him (alleging abuse in various forms against younger women in/around the music industry) likely informed my original reading of Albarn's comments (and Swift and The Anchoress afterwards). See also recent allegations against Mark Morriss of The Bluetones, who were my first gig at 10yo, my first 'after lockdown' gig, and were a go-to "favourite band?" response for me for pretty much 24 years.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #323 on: January 27, 2022, 01:01:37 pm »
One significant take away of mine from this thread though: the penny has dropped after all these years as to where the term "stan" comes from  :duh ;D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: January 27, 2022, 01:15:06 pm »
One significant take away of mine from this thread though: the penny has dropped after all these years as to where the term "stan" comes from  :duh ;D

Where does it come from? Not being one of the cool kids, I've never heard of it before
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: January 27, 2022, 01:26:22 pm »
Where does it come from? Not being one of the cool kids, I've never heard of it before

It's from an Eminem song about an obsessed fan.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #326 on: January 27, 2022, 01:26:37 pm »

New one on me as well

Comes from the M&Ms Chocolate theme tune about an obsessed fan

"Hey Stan!"

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: January 27, 2022, 01:29:59 pm »

Oh OK, thanks. And who's Eminem?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: January 27, 2022, 01:34:41 pm »

:lmao :wellin :thumbup
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #329 on: January 27, 2022, 01:39:35 pm »

I never put two and two together on that until quite recently!

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #330 on: January 27, 2022, 01:50:12 pm »
I can understand if you wanna come in here and say you don’t like the new album etc as you liked her other stuff. But to come in here and basically call her shite to fans of the girl is out of order. Why the need to go in every thread of things you’re not even into or never heard of just to slag something. You come across as a spoilt fucking child

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: January 27, 2022, 01:56:44 pm »
Zing!

Snip
This would be apt if Albarn had gone out of his way to single Swift out - he didn't, he was asked about her and answered accordingly before citing another female artist he admired. It has literally nothing to do with sexual abuse allegations against artists who have no association with him. If Albarn does have a bias, it's most likely against mainstream commercial pop, something he's left far behind if his recent musical output is anything to go by, no different from the Gallaghers slagging off mainsteam acts for the last 20 years.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #332 on: January 27, 2022, 02:10:10 pm »
I can understand if you wanna come in here and say you don’t like the new album etc as you liked her other stuff. But to come in here and basically call her shite to fans of the girl is out of order. Why the need to go in every thread of things you’re not even into or never heard of just to slag something. You come across as a spoilt fucking child

Not often there are two people in a thread that could be addressed to, let alone two called Andy!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: January 27, 2022, 02:11:42 pm »

It comes from loving someone so much that you're willing to go to a remote car park and watch them having sex. Another term often used is Collymore.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #334 on: January 27, 2022, 02:39:35 pm »

Plenty Hazell stans out there...

And we're all Capon stans whenever he fires up photoshop...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2022, 02:40:34 pm »

Disappointed that we didn't get a photoshop gif.

Very disappointed indeed, Capon.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: January 27, 2022, 07:28:20 pm »
It comes from loving someone so much that you're willing to go to a remote car park and watch them having sex. Another term often used is Collymore.

;D

Plenty Hazell stans out there...

And we're all Capon stans whenever he fires up photoshop...

You're too kind :P

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #337 on: January 27, 2022, 08:07:31 pm »
From Popbitch (who knows if it’s true, someone go check):

Co-writers across Taylor Swift's nine albums: 39.
Co-writers across Gorillaz' seven albums: 60+.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: January 27, 2022, 08:11:52 pm »
Not often there are two people in a thread that could be addressed to, let alone two called Andy!

Oower.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: January 27, 2022, 08:12:07 pm »

Also helped launch Dido's career as he sampled Thank You in the song and Dido starred in the video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gOMhN-hfMtY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gOMhN-hfMtY</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #340 on: January 27, 2022, 08:16:57 pm »
From Popbitch (who knows if it’s true, someone go check):

Co-writers across Taylor Swift's nine albums: 39.
Co-writers across Gorillaz' seven albums: 60+.

I don’t think that’s ever been up for debate. Gorillaz is all very collaborative. I don’t think he is even knocking the co-writer thing but I’ve lost track of what it is we’re all arguing about.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #341 on: January 27, 2022, 08:24:06 pm »
Oower.
I don’t think that’s ever been up for debate. Gorillaz is all very collaborative. I don’t think he is even knocking the co-writer thing but I’ve lost track of what it is we’re all arguing about.

Brilliant thread... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: January 27, 2022, 09:05:59 pm »
Just listened to Shake it Off on Youtube to see what all the fuss is about. Turns out I've heard that song a million times on the radio, and I've never once figured out it was Taylor Swift, which I think says it all really.

What a thread btw.  ;D Shout out to Nick for pointing me towards it.

:lmao

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #343 on: January 27, 2022, 09:20:05 pm »
Just listened to Shake it Off on Youtube to see what all the fuss is about. Turns out I've heard that song a million times on the radio, and I've never once figured out it was Taylor Swift, which I think says it all really.

What a thread btw.  ;D Shout out to Nick for pointing me towards it.

:lmao

Get lost Elmo! What have I done?

Blank Space is better anyway.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: January 27, 2022, 09:31:15 pm »
Get lost Elmo! What have I done?

Blank Space is better anyway.

:D

Just meant I would never have thought to come into this thread, it was only your commens in the Question for the mods" thread that prompted me to find out what the fuss was about.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: January 27, 2022, 10:36:08 pm »
She's great.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #346 on: January 28, 2022, 07:20:42 am »
Haters gonna hate…
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #347 on: January 28, 2022, 10:00:47 am »
Haters gonna hate…

No-one likes a mad woman…!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: January 28, 2022, 10:07:05 am »

I would say Shake It Off is not really representative of who she is as an artist. Some people like that song, others aren’t fussed, some hate it. I am personally in the middle category - I only really want to hear it when drunk on a dance floor! She is so much more than her pop singles!

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: August 29, 2022, 10:48:27 am »
New album in October, called Midnights

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2022, 10:50:35 am »

Thought she was too busy getting 10 minute flights to do another album at the moment.

:P

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: August 29, 2022, 11:27:42 am »
Thought she was too busy getting 10 minute flights to do another album at the moment.

:P
I know you have this circled on your calendar already mate

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: August 29, 2022, 12:34:49 pm »

The joy!

There had been so many theories that TS10 was coming this year, yesterday was one of the last dates in the calendar that those theories were clinging onto… so glad it was true!

I can’t wait to see what the vibe of this album is. I can see from the website there are clean versions of the album available so definitely another explicit album. Before each album release she generally teases themes and styles which relate to the album. She has clearly evolved 2-3 times as an artist, I don’t think this is going to be a massive shift from the singer-songwriter vibes of folklore and evermore but maybe a bit more bluesys or soft rock. Her aesthetic and styles recently have been akin to a 70s style at times. I am so excited. I was hoping for a lead single announcement too but hopefully that will follow.

There have been leaks of stadiums in the US being booked up by her team in recent months so I fully expect a stadium tour next year. And I wonder if she gets a Glastonbury set. That would be insane - I think a Glasto set off the back of her last 2 albums and this new one would be so interesting. I might try and create a playlist of tracks that would suit that kind of gig.

There have been a few key dates in the last 3 months I really thought were going to be linked to an announcement of a new re-record or new album. The longer she stayed silent, the more convinced I was for a new album.

Cannot wait for TS10!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: August 29, 2022, 12:38:51 pm »
Also, as we leave the Red era behind… she picked up 3 VMAs last night for All Too Well (10 Min Version) (Taylor’s Version). I wonder if she will get an Oscar nom for it? I believe they have confirmed it is eligible. What a way to top off that song’s legacy, with an Oscar nomination. Don’t know how likely it is but another example of her talents, having written and directed the short film herself.

Would not be unhappy to see more of that from her. Have often felt Tolerate It would make a great short film in that same style.

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
« Reply #354 on: August 29, 2022, 01:21:25 pm »
The joy!

There had been so many theories that TS10 was coming this year, yesterday was one of the last dates in the calendar that those theories were clinging onto… so glad it was true!

I can’t wait to see what the vibe of this album is. I can see from the website there are clean versions of the album available so definitely another explicit album. Before each album release she generally teases themes and styles which relate to the album. She has clearly evolved 2-3 times as an artist, I don’t think this is going to be a massive shift from the singer-songwriter vibes of folklore and evermore but maybe a bit more bluesys or soft rock. Her aesthetic and styles recently have been akin to a 70s style at times. I am so excited. I was hoping for a lead single announcement too but hopefully that will follow.

There have been leaks of stadiums in the US being booked up by her team in recent months so I fully expect a stadium tour next year. And I wonder if she gets a Glastonbury set. That would be insane - I think a Glasto set off the back of her last 2 albums and this new one would be so interesting. I might try and create a playlist of tracks that would suit that kind of gig.

There have been a few key dates in the last 3 months I really thought were going to be linked to an announcement of a new re-record or new album. The longer she stayed silent, the more convinced I was for a new album.

Cannot wait for TS10!

Would love to hear her take on a 1970s blues rock or 1970s classic rock style for an album. I reckon she has the voice and talent to do a great job. Be a great swerve in terms of what people would be expecting from her.
What's your pleasure?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: August 29, 2022, 01:42:00 pm »

I’m wondering what kind of shape her next tour will take. With 4 new albums since the last tour, of differing types of material, I could see her performing different types of show and sets of songs. Will be interesting to see how she goes about it. Was thinking about Glastonbury next year, could definitely see her headlining one of the nights

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: August 29, 2022, 03:03:21 pm »

My youngest is a massive Swiftie so I’ve come to her music relatively late. The more recent material is my kind of thing (although I kind of like the early country stuff too) and her voice in the lower register is incredible. I’d be interested to see her move towards indie but that might be wishful thinking.

I would think a future tour would have to be very different from the previous stadium tours if it’s going to feature her newer material. I’ve been told I have to get tickets so I’m well prepared from LFC ticket sales!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: September 16, 2022, 03:42:36 pm »
I can't stress enough how much of a 70s vibe she is giving off atm. The photos coming from the Midnights shoot (for album covers/back/inserts) are absolute retro vibes - 70s style clothing, makeup and hair. Any social media videos/reels/tiktoks are of a similar theme.

I think we are heading for something quite different from her in terms of sound.

It's only 1 vinyl too, so approximately 44 mins long which is her shortest album to date. 13 tracks.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #358 on: October 13, 2022, 03:18:52 pm »
Has apparently found herself in a relationship with lfcred1976! Think they make a nice couple
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: October 13, 2022, 03:22:23 pm »
Has apparently found herself in a relationship with lfcred1976! Think they make a nice couple

I thought only Ciara was allowed to bump this?