Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 57772 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #360 on: October 13, 2022, 03:23:47 pm »
I thought only Ciara was allowed to bump this?

She's too busy in the Declan Rice thread
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #361 on: October 20, 2022, 07:22:38 pm »
I can't stress enough how much of a 70s vibe she is giving off atm. The photos coming from the Midnights shoot (for album covers/back/inserts) are absolute retro vibes - 70s style clothing, makeup and hair. Any social media videos/reels/tiktoks are of a similar theme.

I think we are heading for something quite different from her in terms of sound.

It's only 1 vinyl too, so approximately 44 mins long which is her shortest album to date. 13 tracks.

Not long to wait now. Also I noticed that if you preorder Midnights you get a code to a presale for 2023 UK shows. No actual dates or venues confirmed yet though
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #362 on: October 20, 2022, 07:41:53 pm »
Not long to wait now. Also I noticed that if you preorder Midnights you get a code to a presale for 2023 UK shows. No actual dates or venues confirmed yet though

You don’t need to pre-order anything! I have pre-ordered the vinyl and a hoodie so am guaranteed a code but you definitely don’t need to buy anything!

This is the state of events for the week - some surprises guaranteed!
https://twitter.com/taylornation13/status/1582060292636545024?s=46&t=CJFF7BMu1oKCTmILO1vRNg

Plenty of speculation about what we could be in for - maybe a documentary (she has a deal with Disney for 2 docs I think - Long Pond Studio Session being one) - 3am EST is when those streaming eps drop. It’s also 8am our time so I wonder if it is tour/Glastonbury related. Unsure but very excited!

The album appears to have been leaked over the last 24hrs, but have managed to avoid it! I booked tomorrow off work so I can enjoy it properly - starting with that HT trailer during Thursday Night Football, then potentially up at 5am when the album drops for a mammoth walk, where I’ll get 2-3 listens of it!

Happy new album eve for all those who celebrate it! :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #363 on: October 20, 2022, 07:44:27 pm »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: October 20, 2022, 07:50:25 pm »

FFS you hacked into my icloud again Nick!?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: October 21, 2022, 08:25:06 am »

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: October 21, 2022, 10:56:46 am »

My youngest daughter is a big time Swiftie and was up at 5 this morning for the album release. Needless to say it falls to me to sort tickets for the UK tour given my proclivity for getting tickets for high demand events. I’ve done the pre sale sign up but is this going to be like an additional members sale on speed? How difficult was it to get tickets for previous tours?

And yes I’ve been corrupted and quite like her music too. It will be interesting to see what the tour will cover as the most recent albums don’t necessarily lend themselves to stadiums tour, but more intimate venues. Hammersmith Apollo here we come…

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: October 21, 2022, 11:40:37 am »
Another win for RAWK's 2020 album of the year winner then. What a woman.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #368 on: October 21, 2022, 12:27:14 pm »
Another win for RAWK's 2020 album of the year winner then. What a woman.

Only the most prestigious award in music. Taylor winning it again will be akin to Sacchi winning back to back European Cups.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: October 21, 2022, 12:35:20 pm »
My youngest daughter is a big time Swiftie and was up at 5 this morning for the albumu release. Needless to say it falls to me to sort tickets for the UK tour given my proclivity for getting tickets for high demand events. I’ve done the pre sale sign up but is this going to be like an additional members sale on speed? How difficult was it to get tickets for previous tours?

And yes I’ve been corrupted and quite like her music too. It will be interesting to see what the tour will cover as the most recent albums don’t necessarily lend themselves to stadiums tour, but more intimate venues. Hammersmith Apollo here we come…

Hey! So, we don’t exactly know how ticket sales will work for this tour, or what a tour entails. We do know there are UK dates and we were encouraged to sign up to for the pre-sale access code, which is a nice first step instead of lashing them all on ticketmaster! However, we know with her previous tours she has really tried to get around the touts/scalpers by allowing fans to build up points to verify their ‘fan’ status and get even earlier access to tickets… this can include streaming videos, buying merch, she had online games you can play etc… basically her way of trying to give the hardcore support a good run at getting tickets. So you may need to utilise your daughter a bit more if this is the case this time around!

Personally, the Rep tour I was able to get tickets easily for the Etihad, after they had gone on sale - maybe a week after? I do think demand this time will be higher due to her rising popularity and the fact that she has released FOUR studio albums since she last toured, quite different in styles, which will attract new fans.

I do hope she would do a few nights at the same venues  across the UK to give people a good chance to catch her. Not quite sure how her Mum’s health is at the moment but it might suit her to do more shows in the one place than multiple venues e.g. maybe 3-4 nights at Wembley, 2 in Manchester, then a night in Edinburgh and Dublin too. She could cover off Europe in the space of 3 weeks.

There are other tips for getting tickets - I will share these when I get a bit more time to collate my thoughts and happy to update this thread with any movement on the building up of fan credit thing!

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
« Reply #370 on: October 21, 2022, 12:43:17 pm »
Despite my hope for her to do a retro rock album, I like where this new one has gone or rather maybe returned to.

Am in no way a Swiftie, just like good music regardless of who makes it, though Taylor Swift does has a habit of being able to make good music that often gets sniffed at a bit because it has the name Taylor Swift on it.

Others might argue differently, but for me this is a great sucessor to 1989 in being a quality pop album. 1989 has the perspective and bounce of a woman in her early 20s. Midnight is that same woman with nearly a decade more life experience with added poise, and composure along with the ability to look back at some of the same things but now through the eyes of a woman in her early 30s.

32 years of age and already 10 albums released. She is certainly a throwback to when musicians made music on a regular basis. She might be a young woman still, but she is old school. Next time out Taylor get me that 70s rock album, A nice mix of Fleetwood Mac with some Thin Lizzy crunch please  :)   

What's your pleasure?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #371 on: October 21, 2022, 12:45:24 pm »
I am not knocking Taylor Swift but the fact she is winning so many of these awards it makes me question what other female singers are producing? It wasn't so long ago that there seemed quite a number of interesting female singers around, but it seems to have gone downhill somehow.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: October 21, 2022, 12:48:30 pm »
I am not knocking Taylor Swift but the fact she is winning so many of these awards it makes me question what other female singers are producing? It wasn't so long ago that there seemed quite a number of interesting female singers around, but it seems to have gone downhill somehow.

There's plenty of other quality female singers about, possibly more than ever.

There's also some sort of collective madness going on over Taylor Swift, her marketing/PR department are doing a very good job.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: October 21, 2022, 01:00:19 pm »
Never seen somebody so mediocre gain so much praise and hype in my life.

(Especially by grown, adult men on RAWK!)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #374 on: October 21, 2022, 01:02:55 pm »
My youngest daughter is a big time Swiftie and was up at 5 this morning for the album release. Needless to say it falls to me to sort tickets for the UK tour given my proclivity for getting tickets for high demand events. I’ve done the pre sale sign up but is this going to be like an additional members sale on speed? How difficult was it to get tickets for previous tours?

I have both my daughters as big-time Swifties. One's at uni, and the pair of them were facetiming each other at 5am onwards today. Then the youngest going nuts over the bonus tracks dropped at 8am.

Last tour, I got them tickets at the Emptihad and their mum went with them. They've been to several concerts (different artists) since, just the pair of them, so that'll be cheaper (or, more likely, get them better seats)

Ciara - thanks for the tips on getting tickets  :thumbup
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: October 21, 2022, 01:05:06 pm »

Not like you to be full of hyperbole.

(FWIW, I personally find her music ranges from good to forgetful, and mostly 'decent'. Sort of 6-7/10 with the odd 8/10 thrown in. And I think she's a great person)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: October 21, 2022, 01:06:35 pm »

This

Some sort of "emperors new clothes" thing going on
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 01:08:08 pm by Sudden Death Draft Loser »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: October 21, 2022, 01:07:06 pm »

Not like you to be full of hyperbole.

(FWIW, I personally find her music ranges from good to forgetful, and mostly 'decent'. Sort of 6-7/10 with the odd 8/10 thrown in. And I think she's a great person)

Says the fella who said all of Kanye Wests music is shite  ::)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: October 21, 2022, 01:11:46 pm »
Ciara - thanks for the tips on getting tickets  :thumbup

No worries!

Love that for your daughters btw! :)

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: October 21, 2022, 01:43:59 pm »

Getting you a ticket for her next tour mate 😉😂
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 01:57:38 pm by duvva »

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: October 21, 2022, 02:06:49 pm »

Thanks Ciara. Will definitely deploy my daughters skills. It’s for her not me after all…  ;)

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
« Reply #381 on: October 21, 2022, 02:45:29 pm »

Seen a guy on another site post regularly that he has never gotten to listen to as many new and brilliant female artists over the past five or ten years  and not the Taylor Swift or Billie Eilish level of publicity/chart entering .

I read a lot of his music posts as he used to post lots of new albums every day, new to me a lot of the time anyway, and there was always a lot of women singers and musicians of all types of music in there that sounded really great but I never heard of them being mentioned on any charts or on the radio and so on. I get the impression that the number of new and really good female musicians is growing and not shrinking.
What's your pleasure?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #382 on: October 21, 2022, 03:13:05 pm »
Says the fella who said all of Kanye Wests music is shite  ::)
I'm no Taylor Swift fan but her music is a lot better than anything Kanye West puts out and she's a lot more talented than that moron too.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: October 21, 2022, 03:23:56 pm »

Seen a guy on another site post regularly that he has never gotten to listen to as many new and brilliant female artists over the past five or ten years and not the Taylor Swift or Billie Eilish level of publicity/chart entering .

I read a lot of his music posts as he used to post lots of new albums every day, new to me a lot of the time anyway, and there was always a lot of women singers and musicians of all types of music in there that sounded really great but I never heard of them being mentioned on any charts or on the radio and so on. I get the impression that the number of new and really good female musicians is growing and not shrinking.

This is the reality.

I'm no Taylor Swift fan but her music is a lot better than anything Kanye West puts out and she's a lot more talented than that moron too.

Nonsense, Kanye Wests first too albums are brilliant, and we shouldn't forget this just because he's a twat. Swift is an average singer/songwriter who for some reason the industry have decided to hype to a level I've rarely or ever seen before.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: October 21, 2022, 04:01:18 pm »
This is the reality.

Nonsense, Kanye Wests first too albums are brilliant, and we shouldn't forget this just because he's a twat. Swift is an average singer/songwriter who for some reason the industry have decided to hype to a level I've rarely or ever seen before.
To be fair she’s had her battles with an industry that has at times done her very few favours. She is fairly prolific for a big name artist in this day and age and as Ciara has outlined above she does things for her fans that shows that she values their support.

She’s worked really hard to get to this point and deserves to be where she is off the back off that. To you she’s over-hyped and average to many others she’s not. There’s never a right and wrong with music it’s just down to personal tastes (obviously Coldplay are an exception to this rule, they’re shit and their music is for microwaving lasagne to). :D

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: October 21, 2022, 04:03:10 pm »
Oh and new album is really good by the way for anyone wondering

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: October 21, 2022, 04:10:04 pm »
obviously Coldplay are an exception to this rule, they’re shit and their music is for microwaving lasagne to.

;D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: October 21, 2022, 04:37:32 pm »

Spot on.

She doesn't mumble so much that most of the lyrics are incomprehensible for a start.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: October 21, 2022, 05:23:03 pm »

Come back to me when she has made something better than The College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation and MBDTF then.

That’s only including albums of his and not the classic albums he has produced.

Oh and the holier than thou Taylor Swift gets 15 minute flights and ruins the climate  ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: October 21, 2022, 05:40:51 pm »
Come back to me when she has made something better than The College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation and MBDTF then.

Oh and the holier than thou Taylor Swift gets 15 minute flights and ruins the climate  ;D
🤣 You really don’t like her do you mate.

I have 3 of those Kanye records, and while they aren’t records I listen to often, there are some really good songs on each of them. But they aren’t really comparable in terms of genre.

The likes of 1989 and Folklore are equally widely regarded as great records. Perhaps she’s not had the significant impact in terms of their respective genre’s but she’s certainly had a more consistent quality output across her career in terms of both individual songs and albums (don’t worry I know you won’t agree).

Don’t like the private jet stuff either
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 05:42:31 pm by duvva »

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: October 21, 2022, 05:47:24 pm »
Taylor Swift better than Kanye West 😂

Like comparing Boyzone and the Beatles

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: October 21, 2022, 05:55:26 pm »

Well I mean Kanye is certainly more comparable to Boyzone than the Beatles

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #392 on: October 21, 2022, 05:55:54 pm »
Well I mean Kanye is certainly more comparable to Boyzone than the Beatles

The Boyztles are very under-rated...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: October 21, 2022, 09:42:27 pm »

I think it's more like comparing Boyzone to East 17.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: October 21, 2022, 10:08:57 pm »

There's plenty of other quality female singers about, possibly more than ever.

There's also some sort of collective madness going on over Taylor Swift, her marketing/PR department are doing a very good job.

Son of Spion on here got me into Kaelan Mikla, who are brilliant and Phoebe Bridgers is also pretty great. Both are some of my favourites at the minute.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: October 21, 2022, 10:15:26 pm »

Pointless comparing across genres. I get you’re not the only one doing that here. She’s at least as great in her field as he is in his.

Obviously he’s also a Trump supporting nut job who would comfortably belong in the Truss/Braverman wing of the Tory party but it’s up to each individual to decide whether to separate the music from the politics. It wasn’t easy giving up the Smiths and I wouldn’t condemn anyone who still listens to it.

Whether Swift has used a jet doesn’t negate her positive contributions. It’s a classic Daily Mail trope to attack anyone liberal who speaks out on the basis they also own an expensive car or drink champagne. I know that’s not you but it’s why the right wing rags reported it. She’s spoken out against Trump, the SCJ decision on Roe v Wade and has made the case for musician’s rights, gay rights and women’s rights repeatedly. I think she’s on the right side of history, let me put it that way.

And of course no one has to like her music. For the longest time I was entirely indifferent to it on the basis that Shake it Off was all I had ever heard. It took an 11 year old to educate me otherwise.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #396 on: October 22, 2022, 12:47:22 am »
No point separating the music from the politics. His lyrics, like anything else that comes from his mouth, are attention seeking trash.

"Chasing love, all the bittersweet hours lost / Eating Asian pussy, all I need was sweet and sour sauce."

"Now, if I fuck this model / And she just bleached her asshole / And I get bleach on my T-shirt / I'ma feel like an asshole."

"When you laid down and I gave you the semen / I swear I heard God, the voice of Morgan Freeman."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: October 22, 2022, 08:35:19 am »

Mediocre she isn't. What a weird take on her.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: October 22, 2022, 08:52:30 am »
Kinell she done a couple of albums with Americas answer to Elbow and now she isn’t mediocre.

Also smart from S to pick out lyrics from some of his worst albums. Don’t get me started on that Shake It Off lyricism.

Safe to say I wouldn’t let any of you Swifty nerds near the Aux at a party.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 09:00:12 am by AndyMuller »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #399 on: October 22, 2022, 09:07:07 am »
Kinell she done a couple of albums with Americas answer to Elbow and now she isn’t mediocre.

Also smart from S to pick out lyrics from some of his worst albums. Don’t get me started on that Shake It Off lyricism.

Safe to say I wouldn’t let any of you Swifty nerds near the Aux at a party.

I rather a child of mine singing her lyrics over his.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.