Author Topic: Welcome Marko Grujic  (Read 227235 times)

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Re: Welcome Marko Grujic
« Reply #320 on: June 1, 2016, 03:47:55 am »
It's pretty clear he's not ready for the first team at the moment. Another one for the future.

Wouldn't disagree with that.

He is very raw indeed, and very one-footed. Lots to build on though...
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #321 on: June 1, 2016, 04:46:38 am »
And people are for dropping hendo for the lad.... Thats no slight on grujic hes still very young and learning as he goes but he's along way from being a regular starter with consistance.

Offline Justanotherfan

• Main Stander
  • Dorohedoro!
« Reply #322 on: June 1, 2016, 05:19:12 am »
Welcome! :scarf

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #323 on: June 1, 2016, 07:31:34 pm »
I had a ticket for Red Star - Partizan a couple of years ago, but arrived late and knackered from a long Balkan road-trip and had to settle for watching it on the TV. The fireworks display from the Delije ("heroes" - Red Star ultras) end was spectacular, like a professional pyrotechnic show.

Of course the next year the Grobari ("gravediggers" - Partizan ultras) struck back by making a gigantic bonfire of their end of the stadium. There was actually a fire engine on the pitch.

But the sad thing about Serbian football is that the only two games of the year which get people excited are the Partizan - Red Star derbies. Fans talk wistfully about the days of playing Hajduk Split and Dinamo Zagreb in the old Yugoslav league, when Red Star were European champions. It's not as if there's a crazy atmosphere for every game - far from it.

But it's not entirely clear that a Yugoslav reunion would be a smart idea. A 1990 dust-up between the Delije and Dinamo's Bad Blue Boys, plus the interface of Zvonimir Boban's boot and a policeman's backside, may not have actually kicked off the Balkans conflict as some claim, but it certainly stoked the tension.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #324 on: June 2, 2016, 01:06:42 am »
I had a ticket for Red Star - Partizan a couple of years ago, but arrived late and knackered from a long Balkan road-trip and had to settle for watching it on the TV. The fireworks display from the Delije ("heroes" - Red Star ultras) end was spectacular, like a professional pyrotechnic show.

Of course the next year the Grobari ("gravediggers" - Partizan ultras) struck back by making a gigantic bonfire of their end of the stadium. There was actually a fire engine on the pitch.

But the sad thing about Serbian football is that the only two games of the year which get people excited are the Partizan - Red Star derbies. Fans talk wistfully about the days of playing Hajduk Split and Dinamo Zagreb in the old Yugoslav league, when Red Star were European champions. It's not as if there's a crazy atmosphere for every game - far from it.

But it's not entirely clear that a Yugoslav reunion would be a smart idea. A 1990 dust-up between the Delije and Dinamo's Bad Blue Boys, plus the interface of Zvonimir Boban's boot and a policeman's backside, may not have actually kicked off the Balkans conflict as some claim, but it certainly stoked the tension.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: June 2, 2016, 03:57:43 am »

Where are you from if you dont mind me asking

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #326 on: June 2, 2016, 07:20:18 am »
Where are you from if you dont mind me asking

I don't mind at all  :). I'm from Liverpool. Though not living there now, as you can probably tell...

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #328 on: June 2, 2016, 11:18:15 am »
7 minutes of my life I will never get back.  I have broken my golden rule of never ever watching Greece play international football.  How the hell did they win the euros?  Something I have never quite understood.

I love how people still go on about it. Makes it even sweeter.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #329 on: June 2, 2016, 12:30:45 pm »
7 minutes of my life I will never get back.  I have broken my golden rule of never ever watching Greece play international football.  How the hell did they win the euros?  Something I have never quite understood.

Anyway, he seems to be playing the Can role there.  The axis in midfield if you like..  He's very big though...

I was on holiday in Greece when they wont it. Mental scenes and a great couple of days from what I can actually remember.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #330 on: June 3, 2016, 01:05:04 am »
I was on holiday in Greece when they wont it. Mental scenes and a great couple of days from what I can actually remember.

Was the same in Cyprus.  ;D
Truly my favourite European tournament.

How soon do the players return for summer training?
I'd like to see how tall he is around some of our players, he seems far too mobile for a 6-3 player. ;)
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Ken Doral

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #331 on: June 3, 2016, 01:29:02 am »
It's pretty clear he's not ready for the first team at the moment. Another one for the future.

It seems that way for now but you never know how quickly it'll click. In 13/14 there was talk of sending 19-year-old Sterling out on loan during the first half of the year with talk of him stagnating, next thing you know he's a big part of the 13 game win streak. Same with Origi this past season. He went from too raw to contribute to being undroppable the second half of the year.

Would be fair on Grujic to not put too large of expectations on him right away, regardless.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #332 on: June 23, 2016, 10:04:07 am »
Really looking forward to seeing this lad play. Who knows, maybe he'll be our Deli Alli and take the league by storm?

Be interesting to see where he plays. Next to Emre in the 2 or ahead of that in the 10?

Anyone know if he's bulked up any since we signed him? He looked a bit slim when we bought him. If I was Klopp I'd have looked to get him to add a few pounds of muscle. Not much, maybe 5-7 pounds across the 6 months from when we signed him till pre season starts but that could make all the difference to him adjusting to this league. At 6"3 it would really make him a beast.
Believe

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: June 23, 2016, 10:27:24 am »
Really looking forward to seeing this lad play. Who knows, maybe he'll be our Deli Alli and take the league by storm?

Be interesting to see where he plays. Next to Emre in the 2 or ahead of that in the 10?

Anyone know if he's bulked up any since we signed him? He looked a bit slim when we bought him. If I was Klopp I'd have looked to get him to add a few pounds of muscle. Not much, maybe 5-7 pounds across the 6 months from when we signed him till pre season starts but that could make all the difference to him adjusting to this league. At 6"3 it would really make him a beast.

There are quotes from Grujic somewhere saying Klopp sees him as something between a number 6 and a number 10, box to box basically. I think he said he needs to get stronger too so he can compete physically with anyone in the league, so I'm assuming Klopp has also brought that up.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: June 23, 2016, 10:37:39 am »
There are quotes from Grujic somewhere saying Klopp sees him as something between a number 6 and a number 10, box to box basically. I think he said he needs to get stronger too so he can compete physically with anyone in the league, so I'm assuming Klopp has also brought that up.

So the role next to Emre? This is what I don't get. I remember those quotes which is why I asked he question really.

Emre will always have one of the 2 in midfield as the more DM player, but Klopp wants Dahoud next to that and is willing to spend big on him so where will that leave Grujic long term as from what I've seen Dahoud is more of a playmaker type player than Grujic is. It's interesting how Klopp sees it tactically. At Dortmund one of the 2 was always the DM and the other a more controlling player like Sahin or Gundogan. Grujic doesnt really fit either those descriptions.
Believe

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: June 23, 2016, 11:56:59 am »
So the role next to Emre? This is what I don't get. I remember those quotes which is why I asked he question really.

Emre will always have one of the 2 in midfield as the more DM player, but Klopp wants Dahoud next to that and is willing to spend big on him so where will that leave Grujic long term as from what I've seen Dahoud is more of a playmaker type player than Grujic is. It's interesting how Klopp sees it tactically. At Dortmund one of the 2 was always the DM and the other a more controlling player like Sahin or Gundogan. Grujic doesnt really fit either those descriptions.

Can has a pretty good range of passing though, perhaps he's looking to find a pairing that has a combined skillset that matches what he had at Dortmund without the players necessarily being like for like?

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: June 23, 2016, 12:01:31 pm »
Can has a pretty good range of passing though, perhaps he's looking to find a pairing that has a combined skillset that matches what he had at Dortmund without the players necessarily being like for like?

Maybe although Emre is a good passer I wouldn't say he's elite at it the same Gundogan was. Grujic seems really good technically from the little I've seen of him so I'd imagine if he was paired with Emre he'd be the more playmaker type player who gets forward.

Grujic and Can is a midfield I'm quite looking forward to seeing. Both could be physical beasts so would hopefully mean we'd be done getting outmuscled.
Believe

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #337 on: June 23, 2016, 04:03:33 pm »

Read an interview somewhere where he said he'd been put on a special diet and training regime by Liverpool in preparation for coming over, he looks to have bulked up a bit from pics I've seen.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #338 on: June 23, 2016, 09:12:53 pm »

Maybe Klopp is looking to have a 3 man midfield eventually with Dahoud, Can and Grujic?
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: June 23, 2016, 09:32:09 pm »
Read an interview somewhere where he said he'd been put on a special diet and training regime by Liverpool in preparation for coming over, he looks to have bulked up a bit from pics I've seen.

I agree. The difference between his initial signing pictures and more recent pictures is quite noticeable. He's definitely grown a lot bigger.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #340 on: June 23, 2016, 10:18:55 pm »
Nice to see we're getting back to steak and eggs and beans. It never did Ian Rush any harm. None of this foreign muck.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: June 25, 2016, 02:38:56 pm »

At some point we'll have European football again and, with Klopp's style of play and a lack of recovery time due to how fixtures tend to pile up, we'll need the depth.  Having that depth also provides Klopp with different tactical options if/when we need to change things up.  While we may see Can/Dahoud (if he signs) as the starting 2 with Zeilinski/Grujic as backups, I think all four could easily see 25-30 + matches a year. 

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: July 1, 2016, 11:32:04 am »
This guy is the real mystery for me. I want to see how he does. Is he ready to play in a premier league game, and what does he provide. As, apart from youtube watches, I have no clue what is his level. But, somehow, I feel Klopp believes him to be a part of the first team. Just a suspicion I have, based on what we are being linked to in the transfer market.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #343 on: July 1, 2016, 11:38:15 am »
But, somehow, I feel Klopp believes him to be a part of the first team. Just a suspicion I have, based on what we are being linked to in the transfer market.
When you pay 6m for somebody who only had 6 months of first-team football in an obscure league without a single game in Europe and no international caps it tells you he rates him highly, it doesn`t mean he won`t need good few months to adjust though.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: July 1, 2016, 01:36:42 pm »
When you pay 6m for somebody who only had 6 months of first-team football in an obscure league without a single game in Europe and no international caps it tells you he rates him highly, it doesn`t mean he won`t need good few months to adjust though.
But, is he capable of playing in a premier league first team as of now. That is the question I have. I wonder, whether we will see him as a first teamer before the season is done. Because, if that is the role, then we might not sign anyone apart from Zielinski for midfield.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #345 on: July 1, 2016, 01:38:49 pm »
I said it before, but I'll be very surprised if this lad will be ready to be thrown straight into first team action.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: July 1, 2016, 01:41:21 pm »
I said it before, but I'll be very surprised if this lad will be ready to be thrown straight into first team action.

I agree, unless we are really lucky he will just get the odd appearance off the bench or in easy cup games.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: July 1, 2016, 01:50:28 pm »

I think he'll get half a season of limited appearances to acclimate, then he'll start appearing on the bench and getting a few more starts here and there to show what he's capable of. That's sort of what we did with Origi and what we really should have done with Markovic.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #348 on: July 1, 2016, 02:10:50 pm »
But, is he capable of playing in a premier league first team as of now. That is the question I have.
It`s impossible to know with young players, it can go either way. He was brought here to develop and with Lucas, Can , Henderson, Milner + a new CM signing we have people to count on until he does.

Anyone claiming they know for a fact how a young player is gonna develop and is ready to rule them out will have someone like Alli making them look stupid. We`ll just have to wait and see how he responds to Klopp`s methods.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: July 1, 2016, 02:12:22 pm »
Dele Alli stepped up from League 1 and won PFA Young player of the year. Grujic is coming from the Serbian league, which might be around a similar level to League 1.
Believe

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: July 1, 2016, 02:13:28 pm »
Welcome to Liverpool, Marko! :)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #351 on: July 1, 2016, 02:14:24 pm »
Dele Alli stepped up from League 1 and won PFA Young player of the year. Grujic is coming from the Serbian league, which might be around a similar level to League 1.

Completely different leagues though.  Alli is used to the English style of play, which is even more exaggerated in the lower leagues.  Grujic has been playing in a different country for one of the best teams, probably having a fairly easy ride of it too.  He'll need an adjustment period.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #352 on: July 1, 2016, 02:18:57 pm »
Doesn't look ready from what I've seen. Young players can always surprise and development can jump significantly in a matter of weeks so you can't write him off but gut feeling is he plays less this coming season than Ojo played last.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

« Reply #353 on: July 2, 2016, 01:54:32 am »
I think people will be surprised on how complete a midfielder Grujić is, once he starts playing regularly for us.

Very high ceiling.
Bastion of invincibility

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #354 on: July 2, 2016, 01:58:54 am »
The masterplan is starting to take shape. Within 2 or 3 years this lad will be bossing the PL, a very good football brain resides in that young head of his. I'm convinced he is the next of Klopp's diamonds waiting to be polished into a world class player. Cannot wait to see him in Red.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: July 2, 2016, 02:25:14 am »
Wonder why he hasn't shown up on the official site yet? He should have reported by now?

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #356 on: July 2, 2016, 04:24:10 am »
Let's wait and see how he does in pre-season. We've had some pleasant surprises in the last couple of years with Can and Gomez showing their quality in the pre-season games and eventually letting that translate into first team performances. Let's hope Grujic can make it a hat-trick this season.

Offline G-Dragon

• Kemlynite
  • OH, so you wanna argue? BRING IT. Capslock ON!
« Reply #357 on: July 2, 2016, 05:49:41 am »
He can't be any worse than Henderson. If Henderson continues to perform poorly, his position could be under threat. His position will be gone even before he knows with Grujic and Zielinski hanging around.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #358 on: July 2, 2016, 10:16:07 am »
He's in Liverpool and sorted himself a flat here according to his Snapchat story. So I guess we don't plan to loan him out or anything

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: July 2, 2016, 10:28:11 am »
Wonder why he hasn't shown up on the official site yet? He should have reported by now?

Because he signed in January.
Believe