Author Topic: Welcome Marko Grujic  (Read 228356 times)

Offline anoopvk

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
Re: Welcome Marko Grujic
« Reply #360 on: July 2, 2016, 10:30:10 am »
He can't be any worse than Henderson. If Henderson continues to perform poorly, his position could be under threat. His position will be gone even before he knows with Grujic and Zielinski hanging around.
He has to miles to go before comparing with Hendo.
"We must turn from doubters to believers"

Offline seenitall

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC has the most knowledgeable supporters
« Reply #361 on: July 2, 2016, 10:49:07 am »
He can't be any worse than Henderson. If Henderson continues to perform poorly, his position could be under threat. His position will be gone even before he knows with Grujic and Zielinski hanging around.

And, of course, you know all about Grujic and Zielinski having watched their compilations on You Tube. Don't know whether you noticed but Henderson struggled all season with injury and is only now on the mend. If he can get back to the form he was in the two years before last season, he will be difficult to leave out of the team.
I am no great fan of Henderson, but I don't understand the unwarranted criticism he is continually subjected to mainly by supporters of other clubs but also by supposed LFC fans. The stick he took after the England v Slovakia match was totally unjustified as he was one of England's better players and even created more chances than any other player.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: July 2, 2016, 10:51:19 am »

We've seen what Henderson can do when he's fully fit. He just needs to get back there. I bet you've seen those 2 play about twice.

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #363 on: July 2, 2016, 11:21:21 am »

Two posts and from the States......this one unjustly criticising the Club Captain, probably based on post match comments on Fox Sports.  Unless you are trolling, I suggest that you base your contributions on something on which you can speak with authority.

I was at the England game in St Etienne and Hendo was definitely one of the better performers, even though he is still not totally fit;  but its fashionable to have a go at him and always has been since Mr Ferguson commented on his running style.
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: July 2, 2016, 12:31:29 pm »
He can't be any worse than Henderson? The lad has talent but some of you are clearly delusional

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: July 2, 2016, 12:32:34 pm »
Dele Alli stepped up from League 1 and won PFA Young player of the year. Grujic is coming from the Serbian league, which might be around a similar level to League 1.

It's not similar at all, it's worse.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #366 on: July 2, 2016, 07:09:33 pm »
Will Marko be in the first team or do we think he could be with the 21s? I have seen many people say he will start but i can't really see that, also with Lucas and Allen if they both stay or even maybe one of them would get get in the squad for match days?

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: July 2, 2016, 07:11:28 pm »
It's not similar at all, it's worse.
Are you Serbian?
I'd have thought they're pretty similar.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #368 on: July 2, 2016, 10:31:15 pm »
He is massive. How tall is he?
"Salahs in here......"

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #369 on: July 2, 2016, 10:35:19 pm »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #370 on: July 2, 2016, 10:37:12 pm »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: July 2, 2016, 11:53:39 pm »
Are you Serbian?
I'd have thought they're pretty similar.

I'm not Serbian, but I am very familiar with the league and the Balkan leagues in general, I'm Bosnian. Croatian,Bosnian and Serbian leagues are the same, pretty poor in quality, I've watched enough matches to know that. Crvena Zvezda and perhaps Partizan are on a higher level than the ''top'' teams in Bosnia for instance, and below Dinamo Zagreb, however all in all the league's are generally shite.

the pace of league 1 football is far greater than that any of those mentioned league's above. There is talent no doubt, but you can't compare the English way of football [in terms of pace and physicality] and those leagues.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: July 3, 2016, 01:13:10 am »
6ft 3

He's taller than Jurgen. I think he might be closer or 6'4 or 6'5.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #373 on: July 4, 2016, 05:09:56 pm »
He's taller than Jurgen. I think he might be closer or 6'4 or 6'5.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/marko-grujic/profil/spieler/222813

He is 6ft 3 according to many sites

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: July 4, 2016, 05:23:56 pm »
Marko Grujic granted work permit: http://bit.ly/29dIiXc

Marko Grujic can officially begin his Liverpool career after successfully being granted a work permit today.

The 20-year-old joined the Reds from Red Star Belgrade in January, but returned to the Serbian club on loan for the second half of the 2015-16 campaign.

Grujic began pre-season training at Melwood on Saturday and following the successful conclusion of the work permit process, will now be eligible to play for Liverpool‎.

The midfielder will wear squad No.16.
« Last Edit: July 4, 2016, 05:26:04 pm by Samie »

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #375 on: July 13, 2016, 10:29:30 pm »
Not a bad first 45 minutes  ;D

Really looking forward to seeing how he does during the later pre season games against the quality teams like Chelsea, Milan, Roma and Barca.
Believe

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2016, 11:24:25 pm »
It`s safe to say that Klopp will more than enjoy working with this kid in the future as he can mould him into absolutely anything he wishes. This kid has a great basis as he`s very technically accomplished for a player of his age with great physical strength and good mentality. His physique will buy him time to settle in English football as he adjusts to a much quicker game.

Irrelevant of today`s game I was impressed with him since he made the debut for Red Star and I`m fully aware of the hype surrounding him since then here in Serbia. I honestly think he can and will go on to become top class midfielder but it doesn`t necessarily mean it`ll happen in his first year or two as he`s got so much to learn. But one thing I strongly believe in is I don`t think he can flop in that period , not with Klopp pushing him every day and providing him top class coaching.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: July 13, 2016, 11:29:02 pm »
With his size, athleticism, and touch he really does have a great chance of making something of this. Him and Can would be a very powerful pairing iif he turns out to be good.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #378 on: July 13, 2016, 11:32:14 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uHNjbXomB04" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uHNjbXomB04</a>
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: July 13, 2016, 11:36:56 pm »
BOOM!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline TorquayRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #380 on: July 13, 2016, 11:38:01 pm »
I can just imagine the likes of Pulis and Allardyce complaining about how physical our midfield are with Grujic and Can in there. Beautiful stuff.

This gang of holey cheese making, Toblerone chomping, euthanasia loving, daft fucking penknives with about 90% shite that you'd never use in a normal lifetime, can go fuck themselves.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #381 on: July 13, 2016, 11:39:09 pm »
Played well. Bigger tests to come though.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #382 on: July 13, 2016, 11:41:12 pm »
I can just imagine the likes of Pulis and Allardyce complaining about how physical our midfield are with Grujic and Can in there. Beautiful stuff.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BFCb4j0E2p4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BFCb4j0E2p4</a>
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: July 14, 2016, 03:39:27 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uHNjbXomB04" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uHNjbXomB04</a>
He looks like a giant at times on that montage.

Reminds me a bit of Stankovic who used to play for Lazio and Inter.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline klobutruck

• Main Stander
« Reply #384 on: July 14, 2016, 04:12:35 am »
Impressive debut by Grujic. Hopefully he pushes on and nails down a starting spot in the midfield with Can.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #385 on: July 14, 2016, 04:15:57 am »
Commanding in the middle. That was exactly what I was hoping for from his first game. Like others have said, bigger tests to come. I want to see how he fares against Chelsea, Roma and Barca later.
YWNA

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: July 14, 2016, 05:59:29 am »

If he reaches that level we'll be laughing. Looks good so far. Has anyone noticed how tall he is?

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #387 on: July 14, 2016, 06:36:10 am »

It was Stankovic who tried to persuade Grujic to join Inter before joining us. Stankovic claimed that Grujic had the ability to become an Inter legend.

Really think this kid will give us something we've been lacking in the midfield. Perhaps not this year, but for the future, I believe we're onto a winner here. Far bigger tests to come, but so far so good.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #388 on: July 14, 2016, 09:50:05 am »
Seems effortless in his manipulation of the ball and was nice to see some of the opposition players bounce off him.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: July 14, 2016, 09:55:29 am »
Too lazy to suggest he's like a more cultured, attack-minded version of Matic?
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #390 on: July 14, 2016, 09:56:37 am »
Looks like a unit  :D. Looking forwards to see how he does against the stronger teams.

Imagine him and Can bulldozing through teams in a season or two  :lickin

This topic needs some tank gifs  ;D

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: July 14, 2016, 10:04:44 am »
As others have alluded to, there will be tougher tests to come but hard not to get a little bit excited.

Very impressive performance.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:58:42 pm by Carlito Roberto »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #392 on: July 14, 2016, 10:14:46 am »
I think quite a few people will be pleasantly surprised at just how well he'll do this upcoming season. He's got a big future this kid, I reckon around this time next year we'll be seeing him in a similar role in which Matic won the title with Chelsea a few years back.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: July 14, 2016, 10:15:41 am »
Can Grujic and Dahoud would fit well together.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #394 on: July 14, 2016, 10:28:22 am »
Looked very good but I only saw the highlights so can't really see the whole picture, but he seems level headed from post match interview and has a good grasp of English too so communication should be sound!

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: July 14, 2016, 12:41:19 pm »
Too early to tell, but he looked very tall.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: July 14, 2016, 01:25:48 pm »
Too early to tell, but he looked very tall.

Optical illusion. Let's see if he can maintain that height against the Chelsea, Roma and Barcelonas of the world.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: July 14, 2016, 01:34:25 pm »
Played well yesterday but as many have said tougher tests to come

Couple of moments he over complicated things but overall was very impressed. Bit to go to see him starting against Arsenal but looks a talented lad

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #398 on: July 14, 2016, 01:49:37 pm »
You can see why we signed him - potential to be a bit of a freak given his combination of size and skill

However you really can't assess him until his technique and passing are put under pressure in a PL game - plus there's no way to no yet how he is off the ball. The obvious weakness given his size is that he'll get turned to easily

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #399 on: July 14, 2016, 01:58:15 pm »
Last night was a promising start for him, looking forward to seeing how he develops under Klopp.