Author Topic: Welcome Marko Grujic  (Read 228038 times)

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Marko Grujic
« Reply #280 on: May 10, 2016, 12:35:39 pm »
Good luck with that...Firmino was considered a bust 6 months in by many many many here as well as the esteemed journalists.  And Can - jeez - last year and this - week to week it was a roller coaster ride.

Without wanting to go all 'Klopp is the messiah, he saves all!' on you, I think he'll do a better job of shielding some of these youngsters than has been the case previously, he's always quick to jump to the defence of his players and offers good reasons to be patient. Players tend to come under less scrutiny when the team is playing well too so hopefully we can get off to a good start next season and really take the pressure off some newer signings.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2016, 01:23:18 pm »
Really looking forward to this chap. Just seems to have all the attributes to become a very good player indeed.

Seems to keep it simple, but being big and strong too. Not as much of a lump as Matic, but strong enough and more mobile and technical it would appear.

Hopefully primarily a bench player, any more and we'll have done well next year.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2016, 01:33:12 pm »
Without wanting to go all 'Klopp is the messiah, he saves all!' on you, I think he'll do a better job of shielding some of these youngsters than has been the case previously, he's always quick to jump to the defence of his players and offers good reasons to be patient. Players tend to come under less scrutiny when the team is playing well too so hopefully we can get off to a good start next season and really take the pressure off some newer signings.

To be fair, I think we've been fairly good with protecting our younger players when we can - obviously, the one time we failed was Sterling, because he willfully threw himself under the bus. Kenny and then Rodgers were both very good with our young players, I feel.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2016, 07:06:44 pm »
To be fair, I think we've been fairly good with protecting our younger players when we can - obviously, the one time we failed was Sterling, because he willfully threw himself under the bus. Kenny and then Rodgers were both very good with our young players, I feel.

True. Saw them often at the U21 matches. I think they just dropped in to see what condition their condition was in.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2016, 07:37:36 pm »
Really looking forward to this chap. Just seems to have all the attributes to become a very good player indeed.

Seems to keep it simple, but being big and strong too. Not as much of a lump as Matic, but strong enough and more mobile and technical it would appear.

Hopefully primarily a bench player, any more and we'll have done well next year.

Sounds like a Klopp-y type of player. Think over the next few years we'll start bringing in some bigger guys
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 10, 2016, 08:28:35 pm »
True. Saw them often at the U21 matches. I think they just dropped in to see what condition their condition was in.

Yeah.

Yeah.

Yeah.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #286 on: May 12, 2016, 11:26:47 am »
He was at the game last night. Feel bad that he experienced such a shite atmosphere when he's used to the craziness of Eastern European games.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: May 12, 2016, 11:44:52 am »
He was at the game last night. Feel bad that he experienced such a shite atmosphere when he's used to the craziness of Eastern European games.

The atmosphere doesn't exactly sound crazy when he scored his last goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g4S6_lQYRE
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #288 on: May 26, 2016, 08:39:07 pm »
Just watched the documentary "The Eternal Derby" on Viceland on US television. Bloody hell, what he must have seen playing for Red Star! Not sure he ever played in that derby. But looking forward to seeing him suit up for us.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #289 on: May 26, 2016, 10:00:14 pm »
This lad is injured now isnt he? Saw a picture earlier with his leg bandaged up?

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: May 26, 2016, 10:28:03 pm »
Just watched the documentary "The Eternal Derby" on Viceland on US television. Bloody hell, what he must have seen playing for Red Star! Not sure he ever played in that derby. But looking forward to seeing him suit up for us.

Watching it now, the fans are insane!

For anyone not in the US: https://www.animmex.net/video/18163/vice-world-of-sports-s01e02-the-eternal-derby

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #291 on: May 28, 2016, 02:12:52 pm »

For anyone not in the US: https://www.animmex.net/video/18163/vice-world-of-sports-s01e02-the-eternal-derby
Flippin' heck! Utter madness.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2016, 06:08:51 pm »

That's just like ah, your opinion man.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #293 on: May 28, 2016, 06:10:38 pm »
This lad is injured now isnt he? Saw a picture earlier with his leg bandaged up?

It fell off, but they've managed to bandage it back on.

Amazing what they can do these days.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline coutinho and firmino

• Main Stander
« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2016, 11:47:09 pm »
Hoping that Grujic can have a similar impact as Eric Dier did last season at Spurs. I am not having that he needs time to adapt to the league, he is a powerful player at 6f3, no one should be pushing him around.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2016, 01:01:46 am »
Hoping that Grujic can have a similar impact as Eric Dier did last season at Spurs. I am not having that he needs time to adapt to the league, he is a powerful player at 6f3, no one should be pushing him around.

That was Eric's second season in England, before that he played in Portugal. Marko is coming from a relatively poor league [all the Balkan leagues are the same in that regard]. If you expect him to have an impact right away you're putting a shit load of pressure on the lad. Luka Modrid came from Dinamo Zagreb to Tottenham and it took him a while to make an impact.

• Main Stander
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2016, 01:08:06 am »
That was Eric's second season in England, before that he played in Portugal. Marko is coming from a relatively poor league [all the Balkan leagues are the same in that regard]. If you expect him to have an impact right away you're putting a shit load of pressure on the lad. Luka Modrid came from Dinamo Zagreb to Tottenham and it took him a while to make an impact.
I just think Grujic is a very different type of player to Modric, when he first arrived at Spurs Modric was very weak phsyiscally, where as Grujic is a big frame and can get around the pitch which should allow him to adapt to the league quicker like Alli, Matic and Wanyama did for example.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:10:21 am by coutinho and firmino »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2016, 01:10:54 am »
Having a big frame doesn't mean you will adapt to the pace of the game.

• Main Stander
« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2016, 01:12:29 am »
Having a big frame doesn't mean you will adapt to the pace of the game.
I think the talent on the ball is already there for Grujic hence why we signed him. His power should speed up him adapting to the league.

• Main Stander
« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2016, 01:14:33 am »
I think the talent on the ball is already there for Grujic hence why we signed him. His power should speed up him adapting to the league. It cannot be denied that Origi wouldn't have settled so quickly had he not possessed such sheer power and pace.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: May 30, 2016, 01:15:00 am »
I think the talent on the ball is already there for Grujic hence why we signed him. His power should speed up him adapting to the league.

Talent on the ball doesn't mean he will be able do adapt to the pace of the league right away. I'm not disputing his talent, what I am saying i that he is ccomming from a piss poor league in comparison to England. It's a hugeeee difference. Of course we signed him because he has talent, but your statement is that was that you don't buy that he needs time to adapt because of his frame. I'm saying that frame has feck all to do with the pace of the game in England. That's not to say that he is going to fail and will not be a success. But to expect instant success from the lad, considering where he is coming from is insane.

• Main Stander
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2016, 01:18:54 am »
Talent on the ball doesn't mean he will be able do adapt to the pace of the league right away. I'm not disputing his talent, what I am saying i that he is ccomming from a piss poor league in comparison to England. It's a hugeeee difference. Of course we signed him because he has talent, but your statement is that was that you don't buy that he needs time to adapt because of his frame. I'm saying that frame has feck all to do with the pace of the game in England. That's not to say that he is going to fail and will not be a success. But to expect instant success from the lad, considering where he is coming from is insane.
I don't think Klopp would have signed him had he thought it would be "insane" for him to be a success in his first season.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2016, 01:25:03 am »
I don't think Klopp would have signed him had he thought it would be "insane" for him to be a success in his first season.

Klopp is a manager who has helped players develop over a number of years. He sees potential, but potential takes time to develop and evolve. He signed him because of potential. But he isn't a fool to put huge expectations on the lads shoulders and expect that he will fit right in without any need to adapt. You've never watched a match in the Serbian league or any in the surrounding areas presumably. You don't know the lack of quality that is in these leagues.

• Main Stander
« Reply #303 on: May 30, 2016, 01:39:02 am »
Klopp is a manager who has helped players develop over a number of years. He sees potential, but potential takes time to develop and evolve. He signed him because of potential. But he isn't a fool to put huge expectations on the lads shoulders and expect that he will fit right in without any need to adapt. You've never watched a match in the Serbian league or any in the surrounding areas presumably. You don't know the lack of quality that is in these leagues.
Don't make presumptions on forums without basing them on any facts.

Grujic is obviously being targeted because we missed out on Delle Alli. Our scouts must see similarities between the two. Grujic should be looking at players like Origi, Alli, Rashford and ask him self why cant he have a similar impact? If you are good enough you are old enough.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: May 30, 2016, 01:43:39 am »

Grujic is obviously being targeted because we missed out on Delle Alli. Our scouts must see similarities between the two. Grujic should be looking at players like Origi, Alli, Rashford and ask him self why cant he have a similar impact? If you are good enough you are old enough.

What presumptions would that be? Have you watched any games in said league?

No you see similarities between the two, we dont know why Grujic was being targeted other than that he has talent and potential [and we've signed tons of players from all over with potential and talent, and never made the grade here].

I DIDNT SAY HE CAN'T MAKE A SIMILAR IMPACT. Origi played in France, not in Serbia before he came here? Alli and Rashford have played in England where as Grujic has not, what is so hard to comprehend? I DIDNT SAY HE CANT MAKE THE GRADE. I said clearly that it would be foolish to expect a lad who is coming to a new country, from an inferior league by miles, to settle in right away. SIZE DOES NOT DETERMINE adapting to the pace of the game. I didn't say he wasn't going to be successful.

I said it's foolish to think that he won't need time to adapt considering what league he's coming from. It's quite simple.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: May 30, 2016, 01:53:38 am »

Erm.

• Main Stander
« Reply #306 on: May 30, 2016, 01:53:53 am »
What presumptions would that be? Have you watched any games in said league?

No you see similarities between the two, we dont know why Grujic was being targeted other than that he has talent and potential [and we've signed tons of players from all over with potential and talent, and never made the grade here].

I DIDNT SAY HE CAN'T MAKE A SIMILAR IMPACT. Origi played in France, not in Serbia before he came here? Alli and Rashford have played in England where as Grujic has not, what is so hard to comprehend? I DIDNT SAY HE CANT MAKE THE GRADE. I said clearly that it would be foolish to expect a lad who is coming to a new country, from an inferior league by miles, to settle in right away. SIZE DOES NOT DETERMINE adapting to the pace of the game. I didn't say he wasn't going to be successful.

I said it's foolish to think that he won't need time to adapt considering what league he's coming from. It's quite simple.
Seems like you are getting a bit worked up Vegeta. I wouldn't say the Serbian league is a million miles away from u21 level football/league 1.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 30, 2016, 01:54:25 am »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: May 30, 2016, 01:56:09 am »
Seems like you are getting a bit worked up Vegeta. I wouldn't say the Serbian league is a million miles away from u21 level football/league 1.

I got far more important things in life to get worked up over than your opinion, I'm sure you do as well. You wouldn't say, I asked you, have you ever watched a match from said league? I have, live and on telly. It's piss poor in quality ,albeit there are talented players, the league overall is bog standard in comparison to league 1 even.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: May 30, 2016, 02:10:11 am »
That moment when you realise they shouldn't of opened up registrations again....

• Main Stander
« Reply #310 on: May 30, 2016, 02:15:25 am »
That moment when you realise they shouldn't of opened up registrations again....
Sorry but I don't see what I have done wrong? I am simply backing Grujic to perform next season because he is big in size.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2016, 03:08:22 pm »

He was on the bench for that game , (an unused sub) so probably had even more time to see the madness in the stadium.

He has played three other Belgrade Derbies too. Suppose it means he won't be intimidated by any hostile atmospheres as you can't get any worse than that ! Insane.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline rayted_are

• Main Stander
« Reply #312 on: May 31, 2016, 05:08:12 pm »
Marko Grujic vs Cyprus (senior international debut) (26.5.2016)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/elhVqphwK74" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/elhVqphwK74</a>

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #313 on: May 31, 2016, 05:24:42 pm »
Marko Grujic vs Cyprus (senior international debut) (26.5.2016)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/elhVqphwK74" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/elhVqphwK74</a>
7 minutes of my life I will never get back.  I have broken my golden rule of never ever watching Greece play international football.  How the hell did they win the euros?  Something I have never quite understood.

Anyway, he seems to be playing the Can role there.  The axis in midfield if you like..  He's very big though...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #314 on: May 31, 2016, 07:26:26 pm »
Sorry but I don't see what I have done wrong? I am simply backing Grujic to perform next season because he is big in size.

Nothing wrong with what you said. I am looking forward to watching him next season too.

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2016, 08:11:53 pm »
7 minutes of my life I will never get back.  I have broken my golden rule of never ever watching Greece play international football.  How the hell did they win the euros?  Something I have never quite understood.

Well you're in luck, because that was Cyprus you just watched.

Your rule remains intact, unless you subscribe to the Megali idea.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #316 on: May 31, 2016, 08:12:30 pm »
Well you're in luck, because that was Cyprus you just watched.

Your rule remains intact, unless you subscribe to the Megali idea.
Fucking hell... That's a bad mistake ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #317 on: May 31, 2016, 09:10:44 pm »
Poor guy, had a bit of a nightmare today in a friendly against Israel.

Serbia was leading 1-0 at HT, Grujic came on at the start of the second half and after 5 mins gives away a penalty with a tackle that exposed his vast inexperience.

Serbia went on to win 3-1 so it won`t be talked about much but it shows how much he needs games of this level. This is only his 2nd cap and he never played in Europe with his club. It`s better he makes these mistakes now, it`s all part of the learning curve and it`s perfectly normal for such young player.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #318 on: May 31, 2016, 09:56:04 pm »
It's pretty clear he's not ready for the first team at the moment. Another one for the future.
Internet terrorist

Online Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: June 1, 2016, 12:25:56 am »

Holy smoke! Erm, yeah, after that, playing in a big match in England will be like having a nicely insipid cup of tea and a bun on a vaguely sunny Sunday afternoon.