Author Topic: Caoimhín Kelleher  (Read 168178 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Caoimhín Kelleher
« Reply #1840 on: March 8, 2024, 03:13:41 pm »
Love this stat. And let's not forget he also scored the winning pen on one of those two occasions.

Clearly this is a laughable figure but how on earth do you put a valuation on a player in his position? When you consider what he has actually contributed this season, and where we could have been without him, he's basically priceless.

Its an odd one - he's easily a £60 million keeper based on what Kepa and Onana sold for, but not got the profile of Ali or any other regular starter.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1841 on: March 10, 2024, 06:01:12 pm »
If this keeps up the argument could be to cash in on Ali rather than Kelleher.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1842 on: March 10, 2024, 06:04:56 pm »
He's not fazed at all. He's a top class PL goalie.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1843 on: March 10, 2024, 06:08:51 pm »
Brilliant keeper! Never have I been so calm about missing the World No.1.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1844 on: March 10, 2024, 06:10:25 pm »
Brilliant keeper! Never have I been so calm about missing the World No.1.
Our squad depth is incredible.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1845 on: March 10, 2024, 06:48:07 pm »
Once again a top performance. This time vs City.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1846 on: March 10, 2024, 06:55:44 pm »
I think it’s a testament to how well he’s doing that he isn’t getting as much praise as he should. We’ve been so used to having a near perfect keeper and he’s just seamlessly and quietly kept it going. One of the most impressive team members of the season the fact he’s made me not even think about Alisson coming back, who for me is our most important player.

Offline Oldskoolcool

• Main Stander
« Reply #1847 on: March 10, 2024, 07:28:42 pm »
I think it’s a testament to how well he’s doing that he isn’t getting as much praise as he should. We’ve been so used to having a near perfect keeper and he’s just seamlessly and quietly kept it going. One of the most impressive team members of the season the fact he’s made me not even think about Alisson coming back, who for me is our most important player.

Agreed, he has literally taken on the gloves of the best keeper in the world and not looked out of place and he hasn't been missed. One hell of a compliment for the guy.

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1848 on: March 10, 2024, 07:39:49 pm »
That save from foden was just class

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1849 on: March 10, 2024, 08:00:28 pm »
That save from foden was just class

The way he closed him down... Alisson-esque.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1850 on: March 10, 2024, 08:03:53 pm »
He made not one but a few important saves. Even could have saved the goal had Darwin acted to unsettle Stones.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Elisha S

• talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1851 on: March 10, 2024, 08:53:00 pm »
The question is how do we hold on to him? All domestic cup games plus a handful of league games next season might tempt him.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1852 on: March 10, 2024, 10:06:18 pm »
The question is how do we hold on to him? All domestic cup games plus a handful of league games next season might tempt him.
We tell Alisson that we're activating a Neymar clause in his contract, so he can head back to Brazil for a month in Feb/March for carnivale, visit family and friends and he'll come back for the last 2 months of the season and be his usual superhuman self.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1853 on: March 10, 2024, 10:10:33 pm »
Very Proud of this man. He has been phenomenal since he has come into the team. Nerves of steel and a brilliant goalkeeper

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1854 on: March 10, 2024, 10:17:20 pm »
We've not really missed the best goalkeeper in the history of the sport and you can't really pay him a bigger compliment than that, he's been amazing.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: March 10, 2024, 10:47:13 pm »
We've not really missed the best goalkeeper in the history of the sport and you can't really pay him a bigger compliment than that, he's been amazing.

Bloody hell.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1856 on: March 10, 2024, 10:56:28 pm »
Bloody hell.
what's the problem with that? He's done as well as we expect from Ali at his best? Not sure if it will continue and that's the real question.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1857 on: March 10, 2024, 10:59:49 pm »
what's the problem with that? He's done as well as we expect from Ali at his best? Not sure if it will continue and that's the real question.

Britain's finest?

Offline Elisha S

• talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1858 on: March 10, 2024, 11:19:47 pm »
We tell Alisson that we're activating a Neymar clause in his contract, so he can head back to Brazil for a month in Feb/March for carnivale, visit family and friends and he'll come back for the last 2 months of the season and be his usual superhuman self.
Kelleher has proved he deserves another run of league games in the future. I would hope Allison is a big enough boy to take that on the chin. Good of the team and all that.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1859 on: March 10, 2024, 11:33:29 pm »

It's going quite some way to say that Alisson is the best there has ever been in the history of the sport. There have been some darn good keepers in the past, especially for their era. There's support, and then there's going wildly over the top.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1860 on: March 10, 2024, 11:41:18 pm »
It's going quite some way to say that Alisson is the best there has ever been in the history of the sport. There have been some darn good keepers in the past, especially for their era. There's support, and then there's going wildly over the top.

He's been the best keeper in the world for the best part of 6yrs, he is absolutely one of the best keepers ever.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1861 on: March 10, 2024, 11:45:53 pm »
He is doing great. Ice cold Kelleher 🥶

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1862 on: March 10, 2024, 11:49:19 pm »
He's been the best keeper in the world for the best part of 6yrs, he is absolutely one of the best keepers ever.

One of the best is rather different from the best goalkeeper in the history of the sport.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1863 on: March 10, 2024, 11:51:56 pm »
One of the best is rather different from the best goalkeeper in the history of the sport.

He's the best I've seen anyway, who do you have ahead of him?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1864 on: March 11, 2024, 12:04:14 am »

Well come on then, why isn't he the best ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1865 on: March 11, 2024, 04:48:59 am »
I think he changes our game. City in the past have pressed us back to Alisson and win back possession from his clearance. With Kelleher he is so calm on the ball that City were not able to gain back and dominate possession like they used to in greater quantities.
I think we need to have a conversation at the least about the future #1, against pressing teams he gives us an extra footballer. His shot stopping is extremely good, and he might not have the presence of Alisson but I seriously in my mind feel we need to have him on the pitch especially against pressing teams.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
« Reply #1866 on: March 11, 2024, 05:00:34 am »
Ali is the best keeper in the world undoubtedbly, but for me Kelleher is more comfortable on the ball than Ali

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #1867 on: March 11, 2024, 05:42:43 am »
Love that look he gave Foden, one of disdain, after he'd punched the ball into Foden's weasel-face and arm and then it cannoned off the bar.

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1868 on: March 11, 2024, 05:46:29 am »
Ali is the best keeper in the world undoubtedbly, but for me Kelleher is more comfortable on the ball than Ali

I agree.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1869 on: March 11, 2024, 06:23:26 am »
Think we might start rotate keepers a bit more
We can't sell Kelleher

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1870 on: March 11, 2024, 08:15:14 am »
There's support, and then there's going wildly over the top.

Says the guy who's entire account is dedicated to making out Lucas Leiva was the best midfielder ever, state of you.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1871 on: March 11, 2024, 08:19:09 am »
We can't sell Kelleher

Bear in mind that Ali is quite injury-prone.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1872 on: March 11, 2024, 08:25:38 am »
Had some shaky games earlier in the season by my god he's been incredible since then. Makes so many important saves and the best compliment I can pay him is we've only missed a couple of Alissons attributes to be honest, that's not a slight on Alisson as he's the best in the world. But it's a testament to how good Kelleher has been. Gutted Ali got injured but so glad Kelleher got the chance to show how good he is and got a lot of game time

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #1873 on: March 11, 2024, 08:37:50 am »
He is a top class goalkeeper. Was making some mistakes earlier in the season and I thought perhaps he'd just been here for too long. Turns out he was just rusty.

It's a conundrum and incredibly unfortunate for him that our first choice is quite possibly the best we've ever had.

He can either stay here, win the odd trophy and eventually become number 1 or move to a side like Brighton for more game time. I don't think either is a bad decision.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #1874 on: March 11, 2024, 09:26:24 am »
Surely will have half the league wanting to sign him end of the season, maybe some Spanish teams too?

Offline the brad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1875 on: March 11, 2024, 10:19:57 am »
Kelleher has better feet, and touch than Allison. He is only going to get better with the more games he plays.

Offline Knickers

• Dreams about being fisted by Thiago, followed by a good bone rattling.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1876 on: March 11, 2024, 11:07:20 am »
Can really see the influence Allisson must've had on his ability to deal with one-on-ones. I've noticed it a lot more this season.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1877 on: March 11, 2024, 11:18:12 am »
I think he changes our game. City in the past have pressed us back to Alisson and win back possession from his clearance. With Kelleher he is so calm on the ball that City were not able to gain back and dominate possession like they used to in greater quantities.
I think we need to have a conversation at the least about the future #1, against pressing teams he gives us an extra footballer. His shot stopping is extremely good, and he might not have the presence of Alisson but I seriously in my mind feel we need to have him on the pitch especially against pressing teams.

I think Haaland being on the pitch actually helped a bit, he presses like a player who knows he isn't going to get there, which gives the keeper a bit more time to make his choice. Alisson has fantastic distribution too, though tends to prefer shorter passes over longer. I'm not sure if Kelleher prefers to hit it long or if it was a strategy yesterday to bypass the City press and stop ourselves getting hemmed in.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1878 on: March 11, 2024, 01:23:33 pm »
We can't sell Kelleher

He's 25 and will get better, we could have a goalie we can rely on (for taking penalties as well) for the next 10 years. Allison we probably have 3-4 years left.

Anyway, that's for the new manager, hope he has been watching the lad.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1879 on: March 11, 2024, 01:24:48 pm »
Only on RAWK would idiots start thinking of rotating argubaly the world;s best keeper and probably our best ever one.  ;D