Author Topic: Caoimhín Kelleher  (Read 172043 times)

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Caoimhín Kelleher
« Reply #1920 on: April 4, 2024, 08:28:15 pm »
Very very important save in the first minute tonight too.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #1921 on: April 4, 2024, 08:30:26 pm »
It's a testament to his quality that we've not really missed Allison!

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1922 on: April 4, 2024, 09:57:32 pm »
We can't sell him? He's that good I think we may need to keep him number 1 as mad as that sounds.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1923 on: April 4, 2024, 10:32:01 pm »
Incredibly important today again with the first save as it's been pointed out.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1924 on: April 4, 2024, 10:33:06 pm »
Incredibly important today again with the first save as it's been pointed out.
Yeah, it would have been tougher without that brilliant save.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1925 on: April 4, 2024, 10:34:08 pm »
Fantastic again tonight 👏👏

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1926 on: April 4, 2024, 10:57:44 pm »
Made some crucial saves to keep us in the game and swept up anything over the top. Deserved a clean sheet.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1927 on: April 4, 2024, 10:59:06 pm »
Second time he has been megged by his own player.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1928 on: April 4, 2024, 10:59:59 pm »

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1929 on: April 4, 2024, 11:00:18 pm »
Has he played the same number of games as Alisson this season (including cups)?
#JFT97

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1930 on: April 4, 2024, 11:01:51 pm »

No idea, been fucking amazing though hasn't he  ;D

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1931 on: April 4, 2024, 11:02:31 pm »
Yeah 24
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1932 on: April 4, 2024, 11:02:54 pm »
Only way they can beat him
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1933 on: April 4, 2024, 11:02:59 pm »
For who he’s replaced and how he’s done it, he’s just behind Mac and Virgil for player of the season for me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1934 on: April 4, 2024, 11:06:07 pm »
For who he’s replaced and how he’s done it, he’s just behind Mac and Virgil for player of the season for me.

The way he plays is like a mirror image of the big man, doesn't seem to feel pressure does he.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1935 on: April 4, 2024, 11:10:03 pm »
He’s been amazing this season. He must have felt some pressure replacing Alisson but has not shown any nerves at all. His performances have been very consistent and I’d say 7/10 every match or better.
#JFT97

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1936 on: April 4, 2024, 11:12:46 pm »
He’s been amazing this season. He must have felt some pressure replacing Alisson but has not shown any nerves at all. His performances have been very consistent and I’d say 7/10 every match or better.

Better, can't think of a game where he'd be as low as a 7, some of his saves have been out of this world.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1937 on: April 4, 2024, 11:14:37 pm »
What do we do with him when he's this good? Sell? I'd imagine we could get really good money for him now but he seems to be doing what Alison does so would it not be smarter to sell Alison?  Would be similar money for both at this stage.

There's a big decision to be made here and I wouldnt like to be the one making it. I can't see us keeping both at this stage and I'm not convinced keeping the older one is the best decision.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: April 4, 2024, 11:20:21 pm »
What do we do with him when he's this good? Sell? I'd imagine we could get really good money for him now but he seems to be doing what Alison does so would it not be smarter to sell Alison?  Would be similar money for both at this stage.

There's a big decision to be made here and I wouldnt like to be the one making it. I can't see us keeping both at this stage and I'm not convinced keeping the older one is the best decision.

You really think Caoimhin transfer fee would be the same as Alison? Love Kelleher to death but I don't see the likes of Real or Bayern falling over each other to buy him. They would break the bank for Becker though
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1939 on: April 4, 2024, 11:54:18 pm »
You really think Caoimhin transfer fee would be the same as Alison? Love Kelleher to death but I don't see the likes of Real or Bayern falling over each other to buy him. They would break the bank for Becker though
I'm not sure they would. If they were up for spending big money it would have to be considered though? I'm not even sure of the money for either, all I'm going off is what we paid for Alisson. He's not being sold for anything like that amount now and Kelleher is on the rise so that makes sense in my head that they would go for a similar amount.

It feels like this is something nobody wants to talk about but it's inevitable.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1940 on: April 4, 2024, 11:55:56 pm »

It's a mind fuck isn't it.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1941 on: April 5, 2024, 12:04:20 am »
It absolutely is. Both are incredible and Ally has the experience of being world class for a far longer time. In saying that Kelleher looks of a similar ilk now but he doesn't have the same game time even if he has the same this season.

I don't see how we keep both.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1942 on: April 5, 2024, 12:05:51 am »
It fucking is...

Caoimh is at the age at which Alisson came in, isn't he? We desperately needed Van Dijk and Alisson, whose signings were instrumental for Klopp to turn the club's fortunes around. It would be interesting to see what laptop Eddie would do with that. A tough negotiation with Caoimh for a new contract and maybe give him all cup games? Or a Coutinho scenario with Alisson? It s a mind fuck...

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1943 on: April 5, 2024, 12:08:13 am »
Better, can't think of a game where he'd be as low as a 7, some of his saves have been out of this world.

He has been one of our outstanding performers this season. One area where I'd like him to improve is making sure the ball doesn't end up in a dangerous position after he has made a save. Too often for my liking he just palms the ball away a few metres and it stays right in front of him or slightly to his side, so an attacker following up could just get to it. It's not a huge issue, but if I was forced to name a weakness he has, that would be it.

I also really think we're in a tricky situation in terms of our keepers. Alisson is still on the "not too old"-side for a keeper, while Kelleher is approaching the "should be playing every week"-kind of age. In an ideal world we keep them both, but that might no longer be an option after this season. The question is, how do we move on. I wouldn't want to make that decision.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1944 on: April 5, 2024, 12:11:27 am »
Alisson picks up too many injuries, and I can't see that improving with age. We need to do everything we can to keep Caoimhín at the club.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1945 on: April 5, 2024, 12:13:21 am »
Quick feet. No great goalie is without them. Some very good ones never become great because they don't have them. This lad has been a revelation.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #1946 on: April 5, 2024, 12:18:44 am »
Hypothetical situation (perhaps....)

Álisson recovers, and is fit to play in the last 4 league games of the season.
Do you play him straight away, as he has no game time since February? Or do you continue with Kelleher?

I think the fact that I'm not so sure, tells me how brilliant Kelleher has been.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1947 on: April 5, 2024, 12:37:14 am »
Alisson is the best GK i have ever seen. He has a size and a presence that Kelleher will never have depite his massive potential. Its the same with TAA another world class talent who has years of high level performance in the greatest Liverpool teams of all time and we have Bradley come in and does superb and then people go on about him being a better right back than Trent.

Alisson and TAA have played some of the best football we have ever seen for us. They both will walk back into the side when they are fit and up to speed. They were both having great seasons before they got injured but a lot of people and society in general have short memories and attention spans and move on to the next shiny new thing. Its a lack of respect for the excellence of Becker and TAA.

Both Kelleher and Bradley in future years will both get plenty of minutes for their development with the amount of football and minutes that are available in the modern football calender.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1948 on: April 11, 2024, 10:23:20 pm »
Just want to reiterate my appreciation for him. Obviously not a great showing for the first goal, but he kept the score as 'low' as it was. I don't think we'd be close to the title right now if he weren't our back up for Alisson.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1949 on: April 11, 2024, 10:23:52 pm »
He was decent.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1950 on: April 11, 2024, 10:24:06 pm »
Poor guy... Could have been 0-5 had it not been for him.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1951 on: April 11, 2024, 10:24:39 pm »
Well I guess the debate about who plays in goal in the next round is probably over 😟
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1952 on: April 11, 2024, 10:37:02 pm »
Been an able deputy but when is Ali back?

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #1953 on: April 11, 2024, 10:38:19 pm »
Done excellent. All the understudies have. A bridge too far maybe. But I'm proud of him.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1954 on: April 11, 2024, 10:40:51 pm »
I mean he's at fault for 2 but I'm not having a go.

It was only him, Robertson and Gakpo who can come out with any credit today.
:D

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1955 on: April 11, 2024, 10:41:57 pm »
I mean he's at fault for 2 but I'm not having a go.

It was only him, Robertson and Gakpo who can come out with any credit today.
And Elliott, I'd add.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #1956 on: April 11, 2024, 10:42:52 pm »
Our best player despite the mistake.  He's been statically over performing since he came in and not just slightly.  Eventually an error was inevitable. Ali of course is the best in the world but can't stop us conceding a ridiculous amount of big chances.

Offline kop306

• Kopite
« Reply #1957 on: April 11, 2024, 10:54:18 pm »
Alisson is the best GK i have ever seen. He has a size and a presence that Kelleher will never have depite his massive potential. Its the same with TAA another world class talent who has years of high level performance in the greatest Liverpool teams of all time and we have Bradley come in and does superb and then people go on about him being a better right back than Trent.

Alisson and TAA have played some of the best football we have ever seen for us. They both will walk back into the side when they are fit and up to speed. They were both having great seasons before they got injured but a lot of people and society in general have short memories and attention spans and move on to the next shiny new thing. Its a lack of respect for the excellence of Becker and TAA.

Both Kelleher and Bradley in future years will both get plenty of minutes for their development with the amount of football and minutes that are available in the modern football calender.

our defence has been conceding a lot of sloppy goals lately we need ali back asap

trent probably on the bench again

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: April 11, 2024, 10:59:16 pm »
our defence has been conceding a lot of sloppy goals lately we need ali back asap

trent probably on the bench again
Do you think the result would have been different with Ali in goal? OK, maybe he could have done better for the first goal, who knows. But he couldn't have done anything to prevent the second, and Kelleher actually saved the shot from the third, and if Szoboszlai wasn't just strolling back, he might have blocked the rebound shot. And Caoimh actually saved two goals (I think Ali would have saved those too).

We need the midfielders without tied left-to-right shoes, and we need front three that can hit a cow's ass with a banjo. And the defense to get to it's old.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #1959 on: April 11, 2024, 11:01:21 pm »
Although he made a mistake for their goal, he was immense.

However bad it was tonight, it could have been a lot worse had it not been for him.