Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12333477 times)

Offline tomtom

• Legacy Fan
Re: So what are these Youth/Reserve Lads like?
« Reply #7560 on: March 12, 2009, 10:46:31 pm »
Crist, Degen again? I feel really sorry for the lad, but this is unbelievable. Is it a re-occuring problem or has he just been incredibly unluky?

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #7561 on: March 12, 2009, 11:07:37 pm »
Thought Plessis had a very good second half after a really poor first. Looked like the Plessis of last season after the break.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Ingumsky

• Anny Roader
    • Russian-speaking Liverpool supporters
« Reply #7562 on: March 12, 2009, 11:08:04 pm »
I think the best reserve set up these days without Darby and Insua in the 1st team includes Kelly at rightback and HUth and San Jose in the Centre or even taking Plessis out for San Jose and playing Kelly and Huth in the middle or maybe even Kelly on the right Ayala and Huth in the centre and San Jose at defensive midfield
Hmmm. And who's on the left mate?
Wild rover, Irish rover

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #7563 on: March 12, 2009, 11:40:32 pm »
Crist, Degen again? I feel really sorry for the lad, but this is unbelievable. Is it a re-occuring problem or has he just been incredibly unluky?

Both.  Initially his ankle was giving him problems but it looks like a groin problem now.  Also San Jose should have been MOTM.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7564 on: March 13, 2009, 12:41:43 am »
Hmmm. And who's on the left mate?

I guess Irwin by default

And I am well aware of what the purpose of reserve games are, I was just saying. . .

Offline SimonW

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7565 on: March 13, 2009, 02:30:26 pm »
Spearing has always impressed me and the last week has only strengthened that opinion. I feel he has much more to offer than Plessis despite his obvious lack of height. Forget that. If he's good enough it doesn't matter if he's 3 foot 2. From what I've seen he should be getting the odd sub appearance in the first team. Lucas has been struggling so I don't see Spearing doing any worse than him to be honest. I think he could actually excel when playing with the likes of Gerrard and Alonso!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #7566 on: March 13, 2009, 03:07:19 pm »
anyone read the cheeky interview by the hungarian kids, simon and nemeth.

I've not actually heard much of simon on here, from those who've seen him play, what do you make of him?
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline ACE1

• Main Stander
« Reply #7567 on: March 13, 2009, 03:15:00 pm »
Whats Ince like is he any good, i cant remember but i believe it was Fowler that mentioned him in his book, seen him once thought he was ok.......... hope is does work out for him at Liverpool

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7568 on: March 13, 2009, 03:29:28 pm »
Whats Ince like is he any good, i cant remember but i believe it was Fowler that mentioned him in his book, seen him once thought he was ok.......... hope is does work out for him at Liverpool

He's promising.....only in his first year.
He's been shifted about a bit position wise and although he's aquitted himself well he's probably most suited to playing on the left wing.
He's got a fair amount of skill and pace, but needs to get a bit stronger.
He can crack a ball and has scored a few screamers this season.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline ACE1

• Main Stander
« Reply #7569 on: March 13, 2009, 04:12:16 pm »
cheers mate, ill keep a look out

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7570 on: March 13, 2009, 04:20:51 pm »
Due to injuries to their first choice keeper, Mihaylov will start a few games for Twente againsw Willem II. This is his chance to shine, and perhaps we can get a few quid for him. Here is a rough translation of an article in a Bulgarian sports newpaper.

Mihaylov starts, watched by England and Germany
March 13, 2009

Bulgarian goalkeeper Mihaylov will start for Twente against Willem II. The captain of the youth national team will get the nod due to injury to veteran Sander Boschker.

Mihaylov was last in goal in an official first team game in the beginning of the campaign. Then, the youth product of Levski (n.b. Levski Sofia) guarded the net against Arsenal during Twente's first Champions League game.

Gong (n.b. the newspaper) learned that his manager, Lachezar Tanev, will arrive in Holland next week to discuss Mihaylov's future. The 'keeper's desire is to play regularly for Twente's first team, who are second in the Eredivisie.

Gong sources claim that Nikolay Mihailov is on the transfer lists of several English and German teams. A few days ago, Lachezar Tanev met with Rafael Benítez, because Liverpool is the club that holds Mihaylov's rights.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Sam Bacala

• Kopite
« Reply #7571 on: March 13, 2009, 04:29:50 pm »
So he is still our player, he hasn't been on .tv's 1st team page for a long time for some reason.
"We were s***." - Daniel Agger's assessment of the Roy Hodgson era

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7572 on: March 13, 2009, 05:38:03 pm »
So he is still our player, he hasn't been on .tv's 1st team page for a long time for some reason.

By the way, this is his new girlfriend ...

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 05:52:08 pm by Macedonian_Red »

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7573 on: March 13, 2009, 05:51:42 pm »

And for those who don't remember, some of his previous girlfriends ...

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7574 on: March 13, 2009, 05:53:52 pm »
By the way, this is his new girlfriend ...

And for those who don't remember, some of his previous girlfriends ...

Can't understand what he sees in them myself.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #7575 on: March 13, 2009, 06:54:25 pm »
Fuck playing football - stay at home in bed with them all day ;D ;D
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Kaka 22

• Bayern Munich Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7576 on: March 13, 2009, 07:13:37 pm »
Speaking to Nathan Ecclestone on Facebook chat, he seems quite sound and knows his footy (unsuprisingly)

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #7577 on: March 13, 2009, 07:19:33 pm »
Speaking to Nathan Ecclestone on Facebook chat, he seems quite sound and knows his footy (unsuprisingly)

Facebook!?

No wonder we've got nothing coming through the ranks, all these kids playing computer games. Tell him facebook is for scum like me, not professional footballers!

Makes ya' sick doesn't it.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Kaka 22

• Bayern Munich Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7578 on: March 13, 2009, 07:24:36 pm »
said he has a stomach bug and got sent home from training a few days ago.

his pictures have him that Astrit Ajdaveric (i know thats spelt wrong) craig lindfield and a few others out posing like gangsters

Offline matycowling1007

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7579 on: March 13, 2009, 08:35:21 pm »

his pictures have him that Astrit Ajdaveric (i know thats spelt wrong) craig lindfield and a few others out posing like gangsters

Iv got El Zhar's, Amoo, pepper, Bouzanis, Kennedy, Ince, Eccleston, Highdale and that mcarthy fella from hamilton :)

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7580 on: March 13, 2009, 10:12:37 pm »
Both.  Initially his ankle was giving him problems but it looks like a groin problem now.  Also San Jose should have been MOTM.

san jose is the most consistent player in the reserve team

he should have been MOTM

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7581 on: March 13, 2009, 10:49:39 pm »
David Fairclough gave San Jose MOTM. I think the lad is a class act, people are quick to say Kelly is better but San Jose is still a far better player at ths stage. I think he could play Premiership football. I hope we loan him out next season if we're not going to play him. Don't forget he's only 19 too.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #7582 on: March 13, 2009, 11:22:08 pm »
David Fairclough gave San Jose MOTM. I think the lad is a class act, people are quick to say Kelly is better but San Jose is still a far better player at ths stage. I think he could play Premier League football. I hope we loan him out next season if we're not going to play him. Don't forget he's only 19 too.

It's weird.

Those who rate San Jose say Kelly gets all the plaudits.

Those who rate Kelly say San Jose gets all the plaudits.

I remember getting in an arguement not long ago for saying that San Jose is as good as Kelly. But seriously, I see no reason why both couldn't make it here. I'd like them to be brought through when Hyypia retires rather than going shopping on the market for the likes of Albiol.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7583 on: March 13, 2009, 11:50:05 pm »
Yeah, it's not like only one of them can make it

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #7584 on: March 14, 2009, 12:00:56 am »
double bubble

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #7585 on: March 14, 2009, 12:13:28 am »
God forbid we should lose Agger this summer, one of our kids should definitely be given a chance next season.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #7586 on: March 14, 2009, 04:08:05 am »
It's weird.

Those who rate San Jose say Kelly gets all the plaudits.

Those who rate Kelly say San Jose gets all the plaudits.

I remember getting in an arguement not long ago for saying that San Jose is as good as Kelly. But seriously, I see no reason why both couldn't make it here. I'd like them to be brought through when Hyypia retires rather than going shopping on the market for the likes of Albiol.

Word.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #7587 on: March 14, 2009, 04:23:50 am »
Ablett's post-match comments after the Manc game.  Anyone have the highlights from LFC TV?  Great that Ablett was thinking of putting Dalla Valle on when we were chasing goals.

Quote from: Liverpoolfc.tv
ABLETT: THAT'S THE BENCHMARK
Jimmy Rice 13 March 2009

Gary Ablett labelled the second half performance of his reserves 'magnificent' after they came from behind to draw 2-2 against a strong Manchester United side.

The introduction of new Kop favourite Jay Spearing just before the break galvanised the second string, who were deservedly 2-1 down despite Philipp Degen's opener.

A Daniel Pacheco goal levelled the scores and the Reds were unlucky not to go on and clinch victory against the likes of Tomasz Kuszczak, Daniel Welbeck and Fabio Da Silva.

Ablett believes the effort displayed after a half-time dressing down is the benchmark for the remaining five games of the season.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We were a little bit disappointed after our first goal, though United played well. We didn't press them high or hard enough, and that made life easy for them.

"We were very disappointed at half-time with being 2-1 down and with the way we performed.

"We let the boys know what we expected of them and I thought they were magnificent in the second half.

"They put everything in and were shattered coming into the dressing room. We told them that's how it should be at the end of every game - not just United.

"With the effort we put in, we deserved to take something from the game."

Spearing, still buzzing from the Kop singing his name during a cameo against Real Madrid on Tuesday, was at the centre of everything Liverpool did in the second period.

Ablett added: "That's what Jay does - he doesn't just do it at Anfield, he does it here in Warrington as well.

"He galvanised the crowd and deservedly got a great reception. He set the tone, got about people, made tackles and played the ball nice and simple. It was a typical performance from him."

Ablett also spared a word for Academy ace Lauri Dalla Valle, who was named on the bench after his 14 goals for the under-18s this term.

The 17-year-old Finn was set to enjoy a cameo of his own - but was denied when defender Emmanuel Mendy had to be replaced by Ronald Huth late on.

"We were about to put young Dalla Valle on to try and use his pace but we had to bring Mendy off due to a knock, so it didn't work out," said the gaffer.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7588 on: March 14, 2009, 03:03:40 pm »
UNDER-18S HELD DESPITE PEPPER BRILLIANCE

Adam Pepper scored a sensational goal from the halfway line as Liverpool under-18s were held to a 2-2 draw with Blackburn Rovers at the Academy this afternoon.
The all-action midfielder put the Reds in front with a sublime 45 yard lob that Xabi Alonso would have been proud of on 55 minutes after Joe Kennedy had cancelled out Michael Hall's first-half opener.

It was a strike that would have been more than worthy of being the winning goal, but unfortunately for Hugh McAuley's men, they could not hold onto their advantage and just past the hour mark Rovers grabbed a share of the spoils courtesy of Tom Hitchcock.

It marked a dramatic conclusion to the match with the second 45 in complete contrast to a dour first period in which the visitors had edged it.

Blackburn had started on the front foot and looked the more lively throughout the opening exchanges, but it was Liverpool who had the game's first real effort of note when David Amoo's low drive from the edge of the box was well saved by Bjorn Bussman at his near post.

It did little to inspire much improvement in terms of goalmouth activity as Nathan Eccleston's flick header from a right-wing corner and Amoo's tame effort were the nearest the Reds would come to troubling the Rovers stopper for the remainder of the first 45.

The windy conditions weren't helping matters either and as the half wore on it looked more and more likely that the breakthrough would come as a result of a mistake.

Unfortunately for the Reds it was Blackburn who benefitted from one on 35 minutes when the hosts lost possession inside the centre circle and were undone by a lightning Rovers break that finished with Michael Hall drilling in from a tight angle.

It was the highlight of the first-half and, with that in mind you could not have blamed the supporters lining the perimeter of the pitch for wishing they had remained at home to watch the build-up to the first-team's clash at Manchester United instead.

A vast improvement was required going into the second-half and within three minutes the Reds had given a signal of their intent with the equaliser.

Pepper's swerving corner from the left deceived both the Rovers rearguard and the keeper, allowing Kennedy to swoop in unmarked at the back post to slide the ball home.

It gave the hosts the belief they had been missing and just seven minutes later Pepper capped a typically industrious display with a sublime lobbed effort from the centre circle. It was the type of attempt Alonso has made his trademark and it was the least Liverpool deserved for their post-interval endeavour.

However, the away side picked themselves up, and after enduring a few nervy moments when the Reds threatened a third, they drew level on 64 minutes.

A swift move down the left exposed the home side's defence, allowing Tom Hitchcock to pounce and gleefully sweep the ball past Martin Hansen in the Liverpool goal.

It was a hugely frustrating moment for the Reds, who continued to push forward and could have regained the lead on at least two occasions when both Pepper and Eccleston should have done better when presented with a clear shot at goal.

With time running out the hosts looked the more likely, but it wasn't to be, and Rovers held on to claim a hard-fought point.

Liverpool under 18s: Martin Hansen, Michael Scott, Chris Buchtmann, Andre Wisdom, Joe Kennedy, Michael Roberts, David Amoo, Adam Pepper, Nathan Eccleston, Karl Clair (Jack Robinson 66), Tom Ince. Unused subs: Alex Cooper, Deale Chamberlain, Connor Roberts-Nurse.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7589 on: March 14, 2009, 05:53:29 pm »
Connor Roberts-Nurse is the u15s captain. Think he's only 14.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7590 on: March 14, 2009, 06:20:46 pm »
Grats to LDV.

Here's wishing Degen a full game injury free...

So you're the one.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #7591 on: March 14, 2009, 08:27:37 pm »
So you're the one.

I'd apologise. But then he might have been thrown in at right back today. So I won't.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7592 on: March 14, 2009, 09:05:17 pm »

BRAP BRAP BRAP.

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #7593 on: March 14, 2009, 09:36:37 pm »

Do you know what position he plays?

It's good that the young players are being increasingly introduced to the higher levels, like Wisdom being included in the Reserves team a couple of weeks ago; it'll give them a lot of confidence i expect.

Offline Pankaka

• Kopite
At half time, 2-0 down to Manchester City 05/10/08
Quote from: heather123
If we win, I will eat my own head.  Seriously.
We went on to win the game... ;D

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7595 on: March 14, 2009, 11:28:48 pm »

16 according to his Myspace page

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=221231004
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Walking Through A Storm

• Kopite
  • Forward the Rafalution!

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7597 on: March 14, 2009, 11:53:18 pm »
Great goal by Pepper.
YNWA

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7598 on: March 14, 2009, 11:58:58 pm »
Bit stalkerish haha

Just a bit, 3rd page of google name search.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:01:57 am by Mr_Miyagi »

Rafa.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan

Rafa.