Author Topic: Liverpool vs Atalanta pre-game thread  (Read 11885 times)

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Re: Liverpool vs Atalanta pre-game thread
« Reply #40 on: April 9, 2024, 07:14:06 am »
Come on Redmen!!
Great op thanks Hazell and lovely article RedVash, I did your survey. From what I remember four years ago they are dangerous but can be open. As on Sunday, I expect us to create chances so we need to be clinical. Agree Gakpo, Elliott, Jones and Gravenberch play. Fit a team around then. Ideally we get a two goal lead to take with us away.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #41 on: April 9, 2024, 05:35:33 pm »
I think starting XI will be much stronger than people expect.

I’d pick:

Kelleher

Bradley
Quansah
Konate
Tsimikas

Gomez
Jones
Gravenberch

Elliott
Gakpo
Szoboszlai

I think Klopp will start Van Dijk, Robertson, MacAllister, Salah and Diaz/Nunez.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 9, 2024, 05:49:48 pm »
I definitely think Klopp will go strong in this game. He went strong in what was effectively a dead rubber and this is a quarter-final. Also, UEFA may represent a better chance of silver for the remainder of the season.

He'll deffo want to sign off with a Final in Dublin, he'll go on the piss with the travelling reds if we win I reckon an all
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #43 on: April 9, 2024, 06:05:54 pm »
Hopefully this game will take my mind off it being Chris fucking Kavanagh and Michael fucking Oliver at Anfield against Palace.

For fucks sake.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: April 9, 2024, 07:19:55 pm »
Kelleher

Gomez Quansah Van Dijk Tsimikas

Gravenberch Endo Elliott

Gakpo Nunez Diaz

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 9, 2024, 07:44:42 pm »
KelleherAlisson

GomezTrent Quansah Van Dijk Tsimikas

Gravenberch Endo Elliott

Gakpo Nunez DiazJota

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #46 on: April 9, 2024, 10:30:13 pm »
The starting 11 will be strong as it always is....hopefully we score enough to be able to rotate alot

A win by 2 goal margin atleast would be ideal and not having to chase the game would also be great.

Elliott deserves a start. I'd like Curtis to start too and get minutes under his belt.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47 on: April 9, 2024, 10:33:14 pm »
The starting 11 will be strong as it always is....hopefully we score enough to be able to rotate alot

A win by 2 goal margin atleast would be ideal and not having to chase the game would also be great.

Elliott deserves a start. I'd like Curtis to start too and get minutes under his belt.

i agree id be shocked if elliot and curtis dont both start

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 9, 2024, 10:44:19 pm »
My god it's good seeing Jota, Trent and Alisson back in training. 

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 9, 2024, 10:46:09 pm »
They're coming off two wins in nine, and Kolašinac, Zappaosta and Lookman are all first teamers so this should very winnable. Let's see some Sparta-like numbers in the first leg please.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2024, 10:06:52 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/opposition-lowdown-atalanta

Hope Everyone Can read This If Not I'll try and copy & Paste what I can

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2024, 10:10:06 am »
Go strong with one eye on Palace team.

Probably too early to start any of the returning three.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2024, 11:06:14 am »
'We are disappointed in the Football Club’s decision towards ticket prices for 24/25. In response, there will be no flags on The Kop for Thursday night’s game. Unlike the Club’s own approach, this has been agreed in consultation with other fan groups'

'We will pay our respects to the 97 with Hillsborough flags only at this weekends league match, as always with it being the closest game to the 15th of April.'

'There is still a chance for the Club to hold some positive dialogue with the Supporters Board in time for Saturday’s meeting. Until then the supporters have one message:

NO TO TICKET PRICE INCREASES.'

^ https://twitter.com/SpionKop1906/status/1777984875854700640 (10th April)

a good explainer on why this is an issue from Neil and co, on TAW (in the first 15 minutes of this video; back on the 5th April)...

'Manchester United v Liverpool | The Friday Night With Erdinger':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TgKypdyLfmc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TgKypdyLfmc</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/TgKypdyLfmc

and 90 seconds into this (as well as why tickets price rises significantly beat inflation a long time ago)...

'Manchester United 2 Liverpool 2 | Post-Match Pint First Five' - from The Anfield Wrap (the first few minutes; from the 7th April):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_M8d4Mpo2FM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_M8d4Mpo2FM</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/_M8d4Mpo2FM

^ https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/1776968300628443423 & https://twitter.com/SpionKop1906/status/1776968228880671229 (7th April)

^ https://twitter.com/SpionKop1906/status/1776292559968419955 (5th April)

'There’s been no meaningful consultation with supporters over this & it was totally opposed by SOS & the majority on the Supporters Board
@SpionKop1906 - it doesn’t reflect the discussions we had when they informed us of their plans. We are incredibly disappointed with @LFC'

^ https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/1776178491454627861

'At a time of record revenues, LFC want an extra £1m from their loyal supporters. An amount that means little to the club but might mean everything to a supporter.'

&

'LFC have shown disregard for us, @spiritofshankly, and the Supporters Board that they created, announcing price rises despite our opposition.

We are considering our next steps.'

^ https://twitter.com/SpionKop1906/status/1776191425933086971 (5th April)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 12:59:13 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2024, 11:11:27 am »
Is there a presser today ?

Wonder if Jurgen gets asked about that. No flags at a euro home would be strange especially as it could be Jurgen’s last.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2024, 11:59:27 am »
My god it's good seeing Jota, Trent and Alisson back in training.

Ideal thing would be to get a nice lead built on Thursday and those three can come in next Thursday to give their replacements the night off and them some minutes.

They're coming off two wins in nine, and Kolašinac, Zappaosta and Lookman are all first teamers so this should very winnable. Let's see some Sparta-like numbers in the first leg please.

It does strike me as a good opportunity to get a few goals I can't lie. If we're on it and playing with intensity on Thursday night I think they'll struggle to live with us at times. Not sure if they play the same brand of attacking football as they did when we last met them but Gasperini is still the coach and their midfielders still chip in with goals so I'm expecting so. Fiorentina just beaten them last week 1-0 in the first leg of the Italian Cup semi, and they got beat 2-1 at Cagliari at the weekend. Hopefully build up a lead here and they can look to their Coppa Italia 2nd leg.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2024, 12:01:02 pm »
A lot of people not happy (only judging by twitter  ;D) about the no flags business, being either Klopp's last or hopefully second last European home game. Complete solidarity on the position for me. No more price increases now more than ever.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2024, 12:02:24 pm »

Wonder if Jurgen gets asked about that. No flags at a euro home would be strange especially as it could be Jurgen’s last.

STREAM1pm BST: Watch Liverpool's pre-Atalanta press conference live

Watch Liverpool's pre-Atalanta press conference live from 1pm BST today.

The Reds host the Serie A club at Anfield for the first leg of their Europa League quarter-final on Thursday night (8pm BST kick-off).

Jürgen Klopp and a member of his squad will preview the home contest by speaking to the media at the stadium this afternoon.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/1pm-bst-watch-liverpools-pre-atalanta-press-conference-live

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2024, 12:02:44 pm »
I see the idiots are out again. Disappointing that there’s not going to be any flags, the price rise is less than inflation and therefore a real terms reduction on top of the many years of no increases at all.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2024, 12:04:02 pm »
no flags take a scarf and sing fucking louder

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2024, 12:04:22 pm »

STREAM1pm BST: Watch Liverpool's pre-Atalanta press conference live

Watch Liverpool's pre-Atalanta press conference live from 1pm BST today.

The Reds host the Serie A club at Anfield for the first leg of their Europa League quarter-final on Thursday night (8pm BST kick-off).

Jürgen Klopp and a member of his squad will preview the home contest by speaking to the media at the stadium this afternoon.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/1pm-bst-watch-liverpools-pre-atalanta-press-conference-live

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eV-XSkN217I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eV-XSkN217I</a>
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 12:06:18 pm by The Final Third »

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2024, 12:05:22 pm »
A lot of people not happy (only judging by twitter  ;D) about the no flags business, being either Klopp's last or hopefully second last European home game. Complete solidarity on the position for me. No more price increases now more than ever.

Absolutely, and I'm sure the gaffer would rather football was more affordable to Liverpool fans than worry too much about flags for his 'potential' last home European game.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2024, 12:08:21 pm »

Personally I think it would have been better to boycott the club shop and any refreshment kiosks within the ground for the game. Let the club feel it in the pocket like fans are with the ticket price increases. Wouldn’t have taken much to get a few people at each one handing out leaflets and advising people to not buy anything unless it’s a bottle of water.

What are no flags going to do apart from take away from the atmosphere of a European night and FSG won’t give a toss about that and no flags. If they’re having no flags, then I’m assuming that there will be some type of banner on the Kop protesting about the ticket increase and no flags, otherwise what’s the point?

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2024, 12:22:11 pm »
Personally I think it would have been better to boycott the club shop and any refreshment kiosks within the ground for the game. Let the club feel it in the pocket like fans are with the ticket price increases. Wouldn’t have taken much to get a few people at each one handing out leaflets and advising people to not buy anything unless it’s a bottle of water.

What are no flags going to do apart from take away from the atmosphere of a European night and FSG won’t give a toss about that and no flags. If they’re having no flags, then I’m assuming that there will be some type of banner on the Kop protesting about the ticket increase and no flags, otherwise what’s the point?

I like the idea of boycotting the shop and kiosks. Would be visible to the club, but not detract from the occasion.

Or a campaign not to buy a match-day programme.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2024, 12:28:15 pm »
I see the idiots are out again. Disappointing that there’s not going to be any flags, the price rise is less than inflation and therefore a real terms reduction on top of the many years of no increases at all.

Because people's salaries have been bumped to match the inflation.
Right.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2024, 12:32:21 pm »
Because people's salaries have been bumped to match the inflation.
Right.

If you’re trying to tell me that the vastly majority of people haven’t had a pay rise of more than 2% in the past 12 months then I suggest you look at the data.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2024, 12:51:36 pm »
If you’re trying to tell me that the vastly majority of people haven’t had a pay rise of more than 2% in the past 12 months then I suggest you look at the data.

Give the above linked videos a watch, mate. It is not simply about the last 12 months - yet you already know this.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2024, 01:02:32 pm »
It’s sad that there will not be any flags at both the next 2 games. Whilst I totally agree it is obscene to start raising ticket prices (I was priced out years ago) when a lot of our local support are struggling to pay for the tickets as is. I’m sure there is no impact on the tourists as they will pay whatever it costs as you would if you were in Madrid or Barcelona, although their tickets are cheaper. I just think there is a better way of showing our displeasure at the ticket increases. And it will affect the atmosphere and sadly those Atalanta fans won’t get to see the Kop in all its glory.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2024, 01:06:07 pm »
Give the above linked videos a watch, mate. It is not simply about the last 12 months - yet you already know this.

If you’re looking over longer than 12 months then the real terms drop in prices is even more significant given they’ve been frozen for the best part of a decade. I don’t agree with the protest, I don’t think a 2% price rise is unreasonable particularly after so many years of price freezes. There’s nothing that will change my mind on that. Quite frankly I’m sick of SOS acting like speak for everyone and thinking they’re above the general fan base.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2024, 01:06:38 pm »
If you’re looking over longer than 12 months then the real terms drop in prices is even more significant given they’ve been frozen for the best part of a decade. I don’t agree with the protest, I don’t think a 2% price rise is unreasonable particularly after so many years of price freezes. There’s nothing that will change my mind on that. Quite frankly I’m sick of SOS acting like they speak for everyone and thinking they’re above the general fan base.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2024, 01:08:16 pm »
No Flags or 2%....If people want get angry suggest priorty is Tesco...£2.3 Billion profit in a year people struggled to put food on the table.

Im still angry about being charged £1 for a Pint in ' Breezers' ( The Mons, Bootle) in 80s....haven't touched a drop since.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2024, 01:27:24 pm »
If you’re looking over longer than 12 months then the real terms drop in prices is even more significant given they’ve been frozen for the best part of a decade. I don’t agree with the protest, I don’t think a 2% price rise is unreasonable particularly after so many years of price freezes. There’s nothing that will change my mind on that. Quite frankly I’m sick of SOS acting like speak for everyone and thinking they’re above the general fan base.

So no, you didn't give the linked videos from TAW a watch ;D

Okay mate, you've given your views on SOS (and SK1906 & maybe the Supporters Committee; and possibly other fan groups being sidelined in discussions with the club- once again), and don't want to talk about the fact that ticket price rises significantly beat inflation a long time ago making it still expensive today, and that it is the SK1906 group - not SOS - withdrawing flags from the ground on Thursday. So I'll leave it there.

Up the Reds vs Atalanta!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 01:55:00 pm by oojason »

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2024, 01:34:07 pm »

Thank you for the OP Hazell.

4-0 please thank you very much.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2024, 01:47:14 pm »

100% support from me too. TV revenue is through the roof, club income is through the roof, wages bill is hundreds of millions and we're fucking struggling to go the game. My own situation is its costing me over £500 to take my two sons to THREE FUCKING GAMES a season. Its a hugely expensive past time for thousands, paying through the nose to watch multi millionaires run about on a field every week. The love to go on about the atmosphere, see how fucking good it is when its nothing but clueless tourists as the match goers are priced out. Although I expect the once a season brigade not to give a shit, after all, whats £100 a game as a one off?

We never needed flags anyway back in the day, just make as much noise as possible those that are there
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2024, 01:48:07 pm »
So no, you didn't give the linked videos from TAW a watch ;D

Okay mate, you've given you views on SOS (and SK1906 & maybe the Supporters Committee; and possibly other fan groups being sidelined in discussions with the club- once again), and don't want to talk about the fact that ticket price rises significantly beat inflation a long time ago making it still expensive today, and that it is the SK1906 group - not SOS - withdrawing flags from the ground on Thursday. So I'll leave it there.

Up the Reds vs Atalanta!

As SOS pointed out, if tickets had risen in line with inflation, it'd be a tenner to go the game
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2024, 02:31:19 pm »

They quite clearly and repeatedly say they speak for the union members - 92% of members voted in favour of this

Join the union and have a voice if you feel so strongly about certain issues

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2024, 02:59:00 pm »
Thanks for the OP Hazell. I remember Trevor Francis playing for them.

Sounds like they’re having an ok season and won’t be a pushover. Difficult to know exactly what the side or bench will look like with the returning players possibly in contention.

Imagine we’ll go fairly strong with a home game at the weekend and try to build a lead that means we can rotate a bit more next week, when the returnees will be looking for more minutes.

Hopefully if we remember our shooting boots this will be a comfortable victory (do we still do those?)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2024, 03:01:57 pm »

My rent went up by 10% this month, as did my council tax. A 2% payrise (and I know several people who didn't get one at all) can't be multiplied infinite times to cover everything that's gone up by more.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2024, 04:15:07 pm »

What data is this ?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2024, 04:23:11 pm »
What data is this ?

THE data, clearly.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2024, 04:42:29 pm »

THE data, clearly.

The guy out of Star Trek The Next Generation?