Author Topic: International Watch  (Read 288711 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: International Watch
« Reply #2840 on: March 26, 2024, 09:01:08 pm »
Akanji, Walker and Stones vs Andy Robbo.

I'll take it.

Only one of them will actually be injured though. Every time a physio comes on with us you know it's an injury. Guardiola will have just told them to go off at the slightest thing.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #2841 on: March 26, 2024, 09:02:51 pm »
Was gonna watch Shogun..but waiting till all games over..see who's made it...like counting planes coming back from a Bomber raid in Masters of the Air

Offline The WASP

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2842 on: March 26, 2024, 09:03:13 pm »
Only one of them will actually be injured though. Every time a physio comes on with us you know it's an injury. Guardiola will have just told them to go off at the slightest thing.

Perhaps but they will all be a doubt for Sunday as of now. Robbo will be a loss but you can argue with Gomez there we are stronger.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2843 on: March 26, 2024, 09:05:47 pm »
Perhaps but they will all be a doubt for Sunday as of now. Robbo will be a loss but you can argue with Gomez there we are stronger.

It's more the schedule beyond Sunday. We need everyone fit because the schedule will be brutal in April and into May. Overplay players and you get more injuries and fatigue.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2844 on: March 26, 2024, 09:05:59 pm »
Robertson injury is infuriating. It's a fucking friendly. Stupid management from Clarke to even put him in that position

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2845 on: March 26, 2024, 09:06:48 pm »
So based on having his shirt over his head, he won't be fit for Wolves but he'll be OK for 3 days later?  ;D

Hope Robbo is ok but that’s quite funny. :D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2846 on: March 26, 2024, 09:07:55 pm »
Van Dijk, Konate, Bradley and Tsimikas, our likely back four for Sunday, all playing tonight. As is Gomez, who might start if one them misses out.

It’s only Tuesday and the game is on Sunday. They’ll be ok (until they’re not).

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2847 on: March 26, 2024, 09:08:09 pm »
the new normal.

With all due respect to an Anny Roader just say it's a load of bollocks or something.  That term is ....     is.    ...  ah sorry wrong meeting.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 09:09:57 pm by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2848 on: March 26, 2024, 09:11:48 pm »
We must be either the most naive club in the world when it comes to these bullshit friendlies or the unluckiest.

Why the fuck is he playing tonight?!?!?!

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2849 on: March 26, 2024, 09:13:30 pm »
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/13101849/kyle-walker-man-city-hopeful-defender-will-return-against-arsenal-after-picking-up-injury-with-england
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2850 on: March 26, 2024, 09:14:15 pm »
Robertson injury is infuriating. It's a fucking friendly. Stupid management from Clarke to even put him in that position
We must be either the most naive club in the world when it comes to these bullshit friendlies or the unluckiest.

It's frustrating isn't it even though we should be able to manage. I know it has no say in what happens in reality but I've been bewildered at anyone in the last week suggesting it's snide when City or Arsenal withdraw players. Fair play to them, I only wish we'd do it whenever possible.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2851 on: March 26, 2024, 09:17:10 pm »
It's frustrating isn't it even though we should be able to manage. I know it has no say in what happens in reality but I've been bewildered at anyone in the last week suggesting it's snide when City or Arsenal withdraw players. Fair play to them, I only wish we'd do it whenever possible.

Stones and Walker don't go off if it's a Man City game, they'd have been warned any discomfort and go off and why not, it's a pointless friendly. We're far too soft and nice for anything like that. Robertson gets a knock and stays on and then he's off injured after making it worse. He shouldn't even be playing.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2852 on: March 26, 2024, 09:20:09 pm »
Stones and Walker don't go off if it's a Man City game, they'd have been warned any discomfort and go off and why not, it's a pointless friendly. We're far too soft and nice for anything like that. Robertson gets a knock and stays on and then he's off injured after making it worse. He shouldn't even be playing.

I wouldn't even be that bothered if someone got a little knock in a tournament match in June, friendlies though, or any other Nations League type shite, just infuriating. There's too many opportunities for top players to get injured and the problem isn't club football, it's too many internationals. There needs to be less of them allowing the club matches to be spread out a little bit more.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2853 on: March 26, 2024, 09:21:14 pm »

Robertson may be fine
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2854 on: March 26, 2024, 09:26:18 pm »
Diaz off after 66 minutes
mines a pint

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2855 on: March 26, 2024, 10:23:14 pm »
Mac the last one to play tonight around 3 am.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2856 on: March 26, 2024, 10:29:42 pm »

Maybe City players make that call and ask to be subbed at any sign of injury.

Maybe Robertson doesn’t. Maybe he feels obliged to stay on as captain.

Id guess its player led decisions rather than explicit instructions from the club. Players have a duty to do the right thing. In a friendly that mean putting club concerns over country
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2857 on: March 26, 2024, 10:33:09 pm »

Salah didn’t go away with Egypt. It’s a three way agreement. Needs country FA, club and player to agree to it.

Sometimes it’ll be national associations that stop players pulling out. A lot of the time I suspect it’s the players though. Needs tte players to want to miss internationals to get them out of friendlies.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2858 on: March 26, 2024, 10:34:43 pm »
based on what i have seen this season gomez deserves his place in the team
nice confidence booster for bradley scoring and trent is back soon
will be interesting to see if grav starts on sunday having had a rest for nearly 2 weeks

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2859 on: March 26, 2024, 10:36:46 pm »

that's more a question to ask the player, not the club. club's not in a position to make any decisions for the players.

not followed this break, but on our quadruple run (some time around March) Van Gaal suggested resting Van Dijk in a pointless second, and Virg insisted on playing. Not much the club can do when a senior player is making a decision like that.

but when its seemingly enforced, Klopp seems to go to bat for the player (like when he had a go at france for playing Konate twice back to back)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2860 on: March 26, 2024, 10:41:39 pm »

It's not as if we tell the lads to just play no matter what even if they feel something. We don't do that at club level, why would we at International level ? 
It depends on who the player is and the situation. Robertson is the Scotland captain and they're going through their worst run of form in years and getting booed. He's not going to want to come off. I havent seen the game but I was driving and on the radio it said it was a heavy challenge he tried to run off but couldn't. Fingers crossed it was just a knock and nothing too serious

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2861 on: March 26, 2024, 10:52:48 pm »
based on what i have seen this season gomez deserves his place in the team
nice confidence booster for bradley scoring and trent is back soon
will be interesting to see if grav starts on sunday having had a rest for nearly 2 weeks

I'm usually always wanting to see the strongest side play every game that's a must win but feels like the Sheffield United game we could make a few changes in. Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Gakpo etc, ones usually on the bench for the league if everyone is fit. Maybe even play Trent or Jones if they're fit. Wouldn't make five or six changes, just a couple here and there given the quality of the opposition. Beyond that it'd pretty much be full strength whenever possible until the end.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2862 on: March 26, 2024, 10:55:25 pm »
There's an awful lot of giving off about players wanting to represent their countries, or perhaps it's more the amount of games.
I took a look at the amount of players from clubs away this break. Removing those we know who have pulled out. 
We have 14 (counting Endo who is back, and Elliot and Quansha in the under 21's)  Man City have 15. Arsenal have 11 away.  Man Utd have 11. Chelea have 13. Spurs have 18 (3 for under 21's) Everton have 7, and Jordan Pickford.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2863 on: March 26, 2024, 10:59:54 pm »
I’m fairly sure the club probably told the players that if they feel even the tiniest bit of pain to get themselves subbed off these pointless matches. You can tell the City players have done that.

If Robertson did in fact get hurt and decided to try and run it off then that’s on him I’m afraid. There’s fuck all anyone at the club can do about that.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2864 on: March 26, 2024, 11:23:29 pm »
Akanji, Walker and Stones vs Andy Robbo.

I'll take it.

Walker should be fit for City at the weekend looking at reports. Very much doubt Akanji and Stones are actually injured.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2865 on: March 26, 2024, 11:24:27 pm »
I'm usually always wanting to see the strongest side play every game that's a must win but feels like the Sheffield United game we could make a few changes in. Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Gakpo etc, ones usually on the bench for the league if everyone is fit. Maybe even play Trent or Jones if they're fit. Wouldn't make five or six changes, just a couple here and there given the quality of the opposition. Beyond that it'd pretty much be full strength whenever possible until the end.

We should be looking at the Sheffield United game as an opportunity to make big strides in the gol difference.
We're 7 behind Arsenal and 4 ahead of Abu Dhabi. The cheats will close that gap against Luton alone.

We can play those players against Atalanta.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2866 on: March 26, 2024, 11:27:40 pm »
We should be looking at the Sheffield United game as an opportunity to make big strides in the gol difference.
We're 7 behind Arsenal and 4 ahead of Abu Dhabi. The cheats will close that gap against Luton alone.

Would prefer it in the second leg. Home leg should be the chance to get a commanding lead. We should have enough to beat them with a few changes (and probably will) but the closer it ends at Anfield the closer it'll probably be in Italy.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2867 on: March 26, 2024, 11:34:04 pm »
Would prefer it in the second leg. Home leg should be the chance to get a commanding lead. We should have enough to beat them with a few changes (and probably will) but the closer it ends at Anfield the closer it'll probably be in Italy.

Dunno, still have to consider that you are going to a Serie A side for an away game. I think a mix of first choice and squad players for both legs is likely.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #2868 on: March 27, 2024, 04:50:50 am »
Mac Allister scores then off on 60.
YWNA

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #2869 on: March 27, 2024, 07:30:51 am »

Normally, I'd agree, but going strong v Sparta cost us at Man Utd, and we'll struggle there again if we don't rotate v Sheffield Utd. A professional 2-0 at half pace will do.

Besides, GD is not all that likely to decide the title. Arsenal won't last the distance, and with City a point behind us, it's unlikely we'll finish level.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2870 on: March 27, 2024, 07:51:20 am »
I have 2 thoughts on the issue of international availability and injuries.

For friendly matches, no international manager should be starting the same player in both games. Absolutely no call for it given the irrelevance of the games.

Secondly, they should introduce a simple rule that if a club withdraws a player from international duty then they are suspended for the next club game. That way we’re all on the same playing field. I imagine City fans are fuming about their injuries while Arsenal pulled a bunch of players and are rested up. While I don’t feel sorry for City, tribalism just means nothing changes.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2871 on: March 27, 2024, 08:35:26 am »
I’m fairly sure the club probably told the players that if they feel even the tiniest bit of pain to get themselves subbed off these pointless matches. You can tell the City players have done that.

If Robertson did in fact get hurt and decided to try and run it off then that’s on him I’m afraid. There’s fuck all anyone at the club can do about that.

What is he playing at trying to run an injury off in a friendly? Idiot.

Meanwhile Arsenal give everyone the fortnight off and City players will go off if they feel the slightest knock.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2872 on: March 27, 2024, 09:02:45 am »
Mac Allister scores then off on 60.

Nice  :)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2873 on: March 27, 2024, 09:07:58 am »

Meanwhile Arsenal give everyone the fortnight off and City players will go off if they feel the slightest knock.

Rice played most of both games didn’t he? Didn’t play close attention. I know they pulled Saka out but surely some of their others have played some minutes too.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2874 on: March 27, 2024, 09:09:30 am »
Normally, I'd agree, but going strong v Sparta cost us at Man Utd, and we'll struggle there again if we don't rotate v Sheffield Utd.
This time like us they play on Thursday and it's away at Chelsea.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #2875 on: March 27, 2024, 09:33:41 am »
This time like us they play on Thursday and it's away at Chelsea.

Reminds me of the time they rested their entire team against Leicester just to (try to) fuck us up a few days later. Hopefully they still see themselves as having something to play for this time around.

In any case, I don't think their style of play relies on intensity as much as ours, they won't be as fatigued and they can still hit us on the counter like they did the last time. I still think we need to rotate and, once ahead by a couple of goals, take it easy against Sheffield Utd rather than chase GD.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2876 on: March 27, 2024, 09:56:52 am »
Reminds me of the time they rested their entire team against Leicester just to (try to) fuck us up a few days later. Hopefully they still see themselves as having something to play for this time around.

In any case, I don't think their style of play relies on intensity as much as ours, they won't be as fatigued and they can still hit us on the counter like they did the last time. I still think we need to rotate and, once ahead by a couple of goals, take it easy against Sheffield Utd rather than chase GD.
Can't see Klopp not rotating for the rest of the season but hopefully we have more bodies to rotate with. Agree about the GD, best to forget it and just keep getting 3 points.

Hate internationals but fully recharged now and luckily so is my bank balance.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2877 on: March 27, 2024, 10:03:21 am »

He's the captain of his country and he tried to play on because he thought he could. Hardly makes him an idiot. Bit of respect for players and how they feel about their countries wouldn't go a miss mate no ?
Where's this notion that Arsenal had no players away come from ? They had Trossard, Rice, Saliba, Havertz, Jorhinho, Odegard, Kiwior, Tierney, Raya and Zinchenko away. And a couple of others. Hardly giving everyone the fortnight off
We have goal difference to catch up on too, Szobo, Bradley, Diaz, McAllister all scoring goals for their country won't do any harm.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2878 on: March 27, 2024, 10:58:47 am »
Total minutes played by our internationals in this break. Only 1 injury with Robertson hobbling off last night after 36 minutes.

Wataru Endo [Japan] 32 Mins
Konstantinos Tsimikas [Greece] 210 Mins
Jarell Quansah, Harvey Elliot [England U21] Quansah 90 Mins, Elliott 163 Mins
Virgil van Dijk, Cody Gakpo [Netherlands] van Dijk 180 Mins, Gakpo 97 Mins
Andy Robertson [Scotland] 126 Mins
Conor Bradley [Northern Ireland] 171 Mins
Dominik Szoboszlai [Hungary] 180 Mins
Luis Diaz [Colombia] 155 Mins
Alexis Mac Allister [Argentina] 77 Mins
Caoimhin Kelleher [Republic of Ireland] 90 Mins
Joe Gomez [England] 105 Mins
Ibrahima Konate [France] 90 Mins
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2879 on: March 27, 2024, 11:09:41 am »
Bit unfortunate that Robbo’s obvious replacement played the most minutes. They were two qualifying games so you can understand why.But he and Gomes can probably do a game each over the next week, Bradley hopefully ok for RB and we might even see Trent again at some point.

Midfield minutes could have been a lot worse, maybe Dom won’t start against Brighton but we should have options.