Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2573569 times)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Reply #42960 on: February 12, 2024, 08:35:47 pm »
The LFC website is utter shite. Log in with my details, go to ticket details and it logs me out and logs in with my girlfriends details automatically.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42961 on: February 12, 2024, 08:42:07 pm »
The lad "I've got a Duke of Edinburgh award overnight thing, can you drop me and pick me up" " can I fuck, we're at the city game"

Everything he wants to do seems to interfere with my plans :butt

He gave you more than twenty four hours' notice?

I'm impressed.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42962 on: February 13, 2024, 01:23:58 pm »
Just found about Body Shop going into administration, bugger.  :(

High streets need to adapt or die. I take my walks via town (Chester) and most of the shops are empty or have more staff than shoppers. I'm sure lots are struggling, but they're tied into leases and they'll close by, or before, the end of the lease. Poundland is already closing some of the stores they took over from Wilko. I said it looked too ambitious just as when Wilko decided to move into larger stores a decade ago.

In Chester, some of the old commercial buildings are being converted into residential, which will hopefully help the city centre. But shopping habits have changed and younger generations will be even more skewed to online shopping. More pubs and hotels are opening here, and coffee shops are thriving. If people are shopping online, then there needs to be a different mix of businesses (especially more "things to do"), which will bring more footfall to those shops that are still present.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42963 on: February 13, 2024, 07:43:53 pm »
How often do train windows get cleaned, once every Preston Guild by the looks of it.

You ever tried shooting a video through a train window?

I know train drivers / guards have been on strike recently but train cleaners must have been on strike since when riding steam trains was all the fucking rage.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42964 on: February 13, 2024, 07:52:58 pm »
How often do train windows get cleaned, once every Preston Guild by the looks of it.

You ever tried shooting a video through a train window?

I know train drivers / guards have been on strike recently but train cleaners must have been on strike since when riding steam trains was all the fucking rage.

It's probably contracted out to some company that subcontracts to someone else and so on until no-one knows who is responsible.  :P
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #42965 on: February 13, 2024, 11:26:36 pm »
When people walk in the road even though the pavement is right next to them.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42966 on: February 14, 2024, 08:02:02 am »
the headlines on clickbait sites are getting even worse (hard to believe).

this morning:
"FSG Stunned As New Euro Giants Thunder Into Xabi Alonso Race"
- these days nobody's ever just surprised, or even taken aback, peeved or worried, everyone's stunned all the fucking time.
- and since when does anyone "thunder" into a race?

the other day:
this one absolutely kills me. read this (it's not long) and see if the headline matches the article:
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/danny-murphy-liverpool-wife-story-32087933

Sky Sports YouTube videos piss me off with their PL highlights. It’s like they’ve been told they HAVE to capitalise SOMETHING in the title.

“Brentford HELD by Bournemouth at home”
“Hojlund WONDER tap in seals 1-0 win for United”

I even saw one of those awful click bait pages (90min I think) click baiting the news about Sven yesterday. “BREAKING: This confirms world class manager is set to become new manager of Liverpool 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯 They have chosen the most unexpected manager!!111”

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #42967 on: February 14, 2024, 11:35:42 am »
Every tweet starting with 'BREAKING' is irritating. Young airhead activists are particularly bad for this. "BREAKING: We've chucked some paint at Kettering dole office to protest Shell's actions in the Niger delta!"

Second thing: "The reason being is..."
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42968 on: February 14, 2024, 12:58:53 pm »
#Ive broken my phone - I took it to a bloke and paid £130 for him to turn it on. currently there is no sound, it wont play videos or podcasts and randomly turns itself off.

I am loathed to 'send it away' to be "hopefully" fixed especially if it doesnt come back in time to access football games. Very annoying

Imagine saying to someone in the 90s - you cant go to football unless you take your phone into the ground.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #42969 on: February 14, 2024, 04:52:46 pm »
The smoke alarm at the top of the stairs goes on FOREVER if it gets even the faintest whiff of steam from the bathroom after a short, moderately hot shower.  I can keep on top of it by opening up the window really wide and keeping the door shut, but if I forget to do either of those things, it's just BEEP BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP BEEP for the next 15 minutes.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42970 on: February 14, 2024, 07:02:18 pm »
Seeing Taylor Swift's mug everywhere. Don't give a shit about her and don't give a shit about the Superbowl.

Don't say that in the Swift thread, they'll av ya, fierce bunch!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42971 on: February 15, 2024, 01:31:37 pm »
People that do something like running for the bus/train, and once they get there, announce that they're too hot and open all the windows, making everybody else who hasn't just run there, get cold. Then usually they get off at the next stop. Without closing the windows again, of course.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42972 on: February 15, 2024, 03:13:35 pm »
On my weekly day in the office today.

Some guy behind me is pronouncing first as 'firsht' and it's making my blood boil.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42973 on: February 15, 2024, 03:28:40 pm »

Some guy behind me is pronouncing first as 'firsht' and it's making my blood boil.

I got a guy next to me that says "basically" in more or less every sentence
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42974 on: February 15, 2024, 03:31:29 pm »

Regards to Mr Connery.

You’ve also reminded me how annoying being in an office is this days. We have to book desks so end up sitting next to randoms. If I have a call I hate doing it at my desk and am conscious about being too loud do go and find a quiet space or empty meeting room. Other fuckers just talk noisily away at their desk making it impossible to concentrate on anything.

And now we have to do it twice a week. Such a joy.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 03:33:27 pm by Crosby Nick »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42975 on: February 15, 2024, 03:51:22 pm »
High streets need to adapt or die. I take my walks via town (Chester) and most of the shops are empty or have more staff than shoppers. I'm sure lots are struggling, but they're tied into leases and they'll close by, or before, the end of the lease. Poundland is already closing some of the stores they took over from Wilko. I said it looked too ambitious just as when Wilko decided to move into larger stores a decade ago.

In Chester, some of the old commercial buildings are being converted into residential, which will hopefully help the city centre. But shopping habits have changed and younger generations will be even more skewed to online shopping. More pubs and hotels are opening here, and coffee shops are thriving. If people are shopping online, then there needs to be a different mix of businesses (especially more "things to do"), which will bring more footfall to those shops that are still present.

Main issues with High Street are, rent & parking, far easier to shop at retail parks nowadays were it's free parking, it's impossible to park in Town/City Centres, & when you do find a parking spot it's normally £5-£10 for a couple of hours, think the car park at Liverpool One is around £10 for a couple of hours.

Another issue with Chester, is Cheshire Oaks which is 20-30 minute drive down the M53 with free parking, & cheaper goods.
#Sausages

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42976 on: February 15, 2024, 05:44:23 pm »

There was an interesting article on the beeb a day or so ago, about some place in Scotland (I'm being very accurate, lol!). They are doing some sort of high-street revival, by investing a lot of money to build a museum and a library on the high street. They are also converting some shops to be residential buildings, and into a hotel.I think. The remaining shops have had funding to make them look nice again from the outside.
Interestingly the article mentions that they had a study done which found there were too many shops on the high street, and there needed to be more other things to do.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42977 on: February 16, 2024, 11:16:02 am »
Why do McNasty's breakfasts stop at 10.55am? What c*nt is forcing down a Big Mac and chips at 11 in the morning?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #42978 on: February 16, 2024, 11:18:08 am »
Why do McNasty's breakfasts stop at 10.55am? What c*nt is forcing down a Big Mac and chips at 11 in the morning?

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42979 on: February 16, 2024, 11:44:36 am »

Even worse, they don't start selling them until 7am (or maybe 6am, not been in there for a looong time). Got off a very early train once and the only place open was a 24h McNasty's. It was just after 5am, and they weren't allowed to sell me any of the breakfast items, even though they had them. Could have had a burger and chips though ::)

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42980 on: February 16, 2024, 11:49:35 am »
The worst thing about Maccies is the breakfast, they should switch to main Menu by 09:30
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42981 on: February 16, 2024, 12:07:27 pm »
You know McDonald's breakfast really hit the mainstream when Wetherspoons started doing knock-off versions.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42982 on: February 16, 2024, 12:18:13 pm »
The worst thing about Maccies is the breakfast, they should switch to main Menu by 09:30

They used to do porridge that was actually nice.

...well it was nice after getting up at 3am and standing round in the freezing cold for a couple of hours.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #42983 on: February 16, 2024, 12:43:26 pm »
McDonald's is fucking rank any time of day/night.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42984 on: February 16, 2024, 01:13:20 pm »
They used to do porridge that was actually nice.

...well it was nice after getting up at 3am and standing round in the freezing cold for a couple of hours.

Ill take your word for it

When I lived in Manchester after a night out I would often stay at my mates apartment and call my regular taxi guy to take me home via maccies drive through, I was always gutted when it would be the breakfast menu

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #42985 on: February 16, 2024, 02:00:03 pm »
People who are oblivious to the fact that stopping both their trolleys to have a chat in the doorway of a supermarket isn't a good idea.  Literally blocked the whole entrance.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42986 on: February 16, 2024, 02:06:21 pm »
Just back from a town centre, instead of parking bays they have longer strips where you can get around 3 cars in, this women just parked right in ther middle turning a 3 car space into a 1 car, she no mobility issues.

Yes she was in a BMW.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42987 on: February 16, 2024, 02:11:16 pm »
I believe in freedom of choice and empowerment of those of all abilities, but....are you really worthy of a blue badge if you drive a Lamborghini Urus? 4-litre V8 with, Google tells me, 600+ BHP? If you can control that, you can walk 40 yards further to the office door.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42988 on: February 16, 2024, 02:18:08 pm »
I believe in freedom of choice and empowerment of those of all abilities, but....are you really worthy of a blue badge if you drive a Lamborghini Urus? 4-litre V8 with, Google tells me, 600+ BHP? If you can control that, you can walk 40 yards further to the office door.

would it not be possible to drive one of these with hand controls?

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42989 on: February 16, 2024, 03:34:23 pm »
McDonald's is fucking rank any time of day/night.
I will eat grass and suck water out of a graveyard tap before consuming anything from that beyond disgusting place.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42990 on: February 16, 2024, 09:03:51 pm »
People who are oblivious to the fact that stopping both their trolleys to have a chat in the doorway of a supermarket isn't a good idea.  Literally blocked the whole entrance.
Same with Mobility Scooters.
Now I know a lot of people use these because they need to, but there are a lot of piss-takers who don't need to use them.
Our local Asda in Birkenhead is a nightmare to shop in.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #42991 on: February 16, 2024, 10:02:19 pm »
Boiled eggs. How come you can boil an egg one week and the shell peels off in one satisfying go. Then the next time, it refuses to come off at all. Big chunks of egg come off with every piece of shell and you’re left with something that looks like Paul Scholes’s head.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42992 on: February 16, 2024, 10:39:21 pm »
Boiled eggs. How come you can boil an egg one week and the shell peels off in one satisfying go. Then the next time, it refuses to come off at all. Big chunks of egg come off with every piece of shell and you’re left with something that looks like Paul Scholes’s head.

Tap the wide end with a spoon when they're cooked until you hear a pop. This means the membrane has broken, then roll them on a table and it comes off easily.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #42993 on: February 16, 2024, 10:52:06 pm »
Tap the wide end with a spoon when they're cooked until you hear a pop. This means the membrane has broken, then roll them on a table and it comes off easily.
Nice one, thanks!

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42994 on: February 16, 2024, 11:22:13 pm »

When they're fresh the shell sticks more to it. When they're a bit older, they peel more easily.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42995 on: February 17, 2024, 04:53:59 am »
Got a really annoying cough at the moment, barely slept a wink. And probably annoyed the rest of the house too.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42996 on: February 17, 2024, 09:58:10 am »
Got a really annoying cough at the moment, barely slept a wink. And probably annoyed the rest of the house too.

I'd to take most of last week off work ill. Spent the first 3 days of the week in bed then Thursday and Friday I felt like I was getting a punch in the ribs by Mike Tyson every time I coughed. It's still lingering now a week later.
Hope you don't have that disease I had  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #42997 on: February 17, 2024, 10:31:55 am »
I got mine on New Year’s Day , flu like symptoms, upset stomach and dizziness, still got the remnants of it now 7 weeks later , can’t get rid of the chesty cough
Trying to get to the doctors is an absolute joke ,I’ve lost count of how many bottles of cough mixture I’ve gone through
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42998 on: February 17, 2024, 10:40:41 am »
I had the pleasure of visiting clients homes yesterday most of whom had some sort of lurgy to spread around 😷🤢🤒🤧

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42999 on: February 17, 2024, 12:21:02 pm »
Have had one for nearly a week now and felt like utter shit with zero energy.
Went to the quacks yesterday and he's put me on a course of steroids and antibiotics, and I feel like I'm flying now.