Author Topic: Band of Brothers.  (Read 51616 times)

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
Re: Band of Brothers.
« Reply #320 on: March 2, 2010, 10:40:57 pm »
I've never seen it but have heard great things about it

You jammy, jammy bastard. :)

Got this on Bluray before Christmas, and only got round to watching it in January, and it's just brilliant. I mean, brilliant. Loved every minute. If you've got a surround set up you're in for a treat.

At first, it's hard to see who's who and keep a track on them in the battle scenes, but you'll know them all before the series is out. And if the last one doesn't make you well up, I don't know what will. Lately, had my Mum pass me an old photocopy newspaper article from Garston years ago at the time of the war, and the headlines was about my Grandad and his brothers, 4 of them who all served at the same time, and it just said 'Four Serving Sons'... and after reading it and then watching this, the end had me in tears.

Proper programme this, you can see where the money went. Tom Hanks episode is a cracker.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline guernseygareth

• Main Stander
  • Peace in The Middle East
« Reply #321 on: March 3, 2010, 08:10:36 pm »
i too have had the pleasure of watching this again - bluray is quite excellent.

whilst it got me in the mood for 'the pacific' i also began to worry about the unlikeliness of lightning strking twice in terms of its qualities as tv drama but also about how gruesome it might be given the reality of that theatre of WWII.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: March 3, 2010, 09:03:10 pm »
Anyone know when the pacific airs in the us?
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #323 on: March 3, 2010, 09:09:41 pm »
In 2 or 3 weeks I believe.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: March 3, 2010, 10:05:06 pm »
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Drew Barrymore showed me her fondue set once...
« Reply #325 on: March 3, 2010, 11:11:12 pm »
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/6033697/Band-Of-Brothers-Limited-Edition-Collectable-Tin/Product.html

im sorry but that has to be the best £17 and 99 pence you will ever spend....

had this a while and i will never grow bored of it
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #326 on: March 4, 2010, 02:01:08 am »

Starts on the 14th.

HBO have just offered me themselves for free for 3 months. As The Pacific is 10 episodes, this works out really excellently for me.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #327 on: March 10, 2010, 03:07:02 am »
I've been off work for the last week with a problem in my back. Will be next week before I'm working again.

The missus just landed home with the blue-ray boxset she just bought me to cheer me up!

I've never seen it but have heard great things about it

Just finished it

Fucking fantastic viewing.

Jesus I cant believe I waited so long to actually get round to this.

Cant wait to watch it again now that I'll know who the men are from the start.

excellent.

Highly recommend it to anyone who hasnt seen it

Now.....looking forward to this Pacific thing....
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #328 on: March 10, 2010, 04:19:59 am »
Just finished it

Fucking fantastic viewing.

Jesus I cant believe I waited so long to actually get round to this.

Cant wait to watch it again now that I'll know who the men are from the start.

excellent.

Highly recommend it to anyone who hasnt seen it

Now.....looking forward to this Pacific thing....
It's simply amazing, I have seen it about 10 times and never cease to amaze me. My favourite episodes are the day of days, breaking point and We stand alone together. But still, overall is an excellent tv drama.
Have anyone read the book? I haven't finished it but is quality too
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: March 10, 2010, 10:37:16 am »
I think one of the best moments is when they realise the best thing for the Jews in the concentration camp is to put them back in the huts and close the gates. A  proper guttting moment, what an awful decision that must have been to make
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Derry-Red

• RAWK Technology Consultant.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: March 10, 2010, 11:48:57 am »
Have anyone read the book? I haven't finished it but is quality too

The book is very good.  I've lost count how many times i've watched the series now.
I'd rather endure a night of sheep sex than have that clueless twat run our club into the ground any longer. You hear that NESV? I'd rather have sheep sex.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #331 on: March 10, 2010, 07:58:17 pm »
I think one of the best moments is when they realise the best thing for the Jews in the concentration camp is to put them back in the huts and close the gates. A  proper guttting moment, what an awful decision that must have been to make
Facking hell. On my 7th viewing of the series (thought id get another one in before Pacific) and told myself that this time I would watch THAT episode (after the 1st viewing, I have always skipped it...it did a job on me the 1st time round. Dont know why. Know my fair share about WWII etc, but it just did). After reading the above.....well, its going to be hard.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #332 on: March 10, 2010, 08:05:02 pm »

Proper programme this, you can see where the money went. Tom Hanks episode is a cracker.

is right.  probably the best episode of a truly brilliant series.

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2010, 12:06:03 am »
Had the pleasure of working on the set of this. must have been all of ten years ago now. i was only 18 or 19.
As brilliant as it is to watch it was amazing to be on set. The majority of it was filmed in hatfield just outside london in an old army air field.
the set's were amazing, they spray this shredded paper around as fake snow and it looks so real that you stand around shivering, they recreated these french villages so perfectly that you felt like you were there until you walked around the side and see all the scaffolding and realise it's 2D. the real life veterans came along to look around and were in tears at how real it all looked.
the bastogne forrest sets were inside these huge hangers with real trees imported in and more fake snow and when you walked into the middle it was like you were in the woods at night..
You also had tiger tanks driving around, machine guns firing hundreds of blank rounds and huge explosions. It was an awesome job. i hear the pacific is a lot bigger if nothing else, i know a few people who worked out in australia on the set of that, the lucky bastards, and apparently they used more ammo in one set piece then the entire first series. Might have been exagerating but it sounds pretty good.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #334 on: March 11, 2010, 07:36:26 pm »
Had the pleasure of working on the set of this.......
I hate you :P

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #335 on: March 16, 2010, 02:51:18 am »
Just finished it. When they interviewed the real life veterans at the end I started crying. One of the best things I've ever watched on a screen.
ynwa

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #336 on: March 17, 2010, 08:04:40 pm »
Always have wanted to watch this properly ever since BBC2 showed it years ago, might get the blu-ray version sometime soon.

Offline harmar

• Red Red Wine....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: March 17, 2010, 09:29:50 pm »
Always have wanted to watch this properly ever since BBC2 showed it years ago, might get the blu-ray version sometime soon.

Hurry up lazyballs ;)
"To be prepared is half the victory"   Miguel Cervantes

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2010, 12:28:26 pm »
Started watching episode one again to compare to The Pacific. Now on to The Crossroads and will probably watch the rest today.

Absolutely stunning. Great performances throughout, superb writing and wonderfully filmed. Anyone who has it and hasn't watched it needs to get it in the DVD/Blu-Ray player now and sit back and enjoy one of the great pieces of television film-making.

Great little cameos I'd forgotten about, Simon Pegg, James McAvoy, Paul Bettany and a whole load of great central performances.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2010, 01:05:04 am »
sat here now with a few drinks while watching 'Why We Fight'....

in bits.... :'(
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
    • imdb
« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2010, 09:50:48 pm »
I hate you :P
Hehe, it was fucking awesome man.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #341 on: March 24, 2010, 08:17:55 pm »
Hehe, it was fucking awesome man.
Now I REALLY FUCKING HATE YOU ;)

You get any memento's?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:19:46 pm by oddball2514 »

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #342 on: March 24, 2010, 11:12:51 pm »

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: March 25, 2010, 09:47:40 pm »
;D Im on the case!

Just found this on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001DEAAIY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=00CEZJTJDNQ3FEGEYWAS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

£17.95 for the Blu Ray version, great price. Will order it in a mo.

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/6033697/Band-Of-Brothers-Limited-Edition-Collectable-Tin/Product.html

im sorry but that has to be the best £17 and 99 pence you will ever spend....

had this a while and i will never grow bored of it

been on play for ages mate.....

and i still cant get my head round that 'Why We Fight' episode the other night...no matter how many times i watch it....
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892

Offline griffic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #344 on: March 25, 2010, 10:39:53 pm »
Rented this from lovefilm, watched the first disc last weekend, and it was amazing best thing I have seen on Blu Ray so far, but don't want to have to keep waiting for the next one to be delivered so have just ordered the box set from play.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: March 28, 2010, 12:55:46 am »
Just watched 'The Breaking Point' again. What an episode one of ge saddest - so many lost - and the most dramatic.

Incredible stuff.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #346 on: March 28, 2010, 02:02:57 am »
Never seen it.but,my kid bro always goes on about it.so much so,i feel like smacking the prick

Hes got tin boxsets with medals from the war n allsorts the geeky tart

Should get round to it really.got into a lot of stuff from recommendations off here and havnt been disappointed

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #347 on: March 28, 2010, 11:50:24 am »
Never seen it.but,my kid bro always goes on about it.so much so,i feel like smacking the prick

Hes got tin boxsets with medals from the war n allsorts the geeky tart

Should get round to it really.got into a lot of stuff from recommendations off here and havnt been disappointed

Watch it, go watch it now you bean flicking shitehawk.

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #348 on: March 29, 2010, 10:23:15 am »

Favorite episode.  Heartwrenching.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #349 on: April 4, 2010, 02:50:27 pm »
STILL havent gotten round to watching this. Although I saw a few bits here and there when TCM were showing them all last week.

I promise I'll get them watched soon though, its just trying to get the TV free long enough.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
    • imdb
« Reply #350 on: April 5, 2010, 12:56:40 pm »
Now I REALLY FUCKING HATE YOU ;)

You get any memento's?
I did acquire one or two little keepsakes which are my pride and joy...

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: April 5, 2010, 01:00:03 pm »

You got a Luger?...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #352 on: April 5, 2010, 05:07:58 pm »
Never watched it and I don't know why, but with the Pacific being advertised and my birthday coming up nows a perfect time to get the boxset.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #353 on: April 5, 2010, 05:32:48 pm »
Never watched it and I don't know why, but with the Pacific being advertised and my birthday coming up nows a perfect time to get the boxset.

If you watch the Pacific then BoB will seem even better
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #354 on: April 5, 2010, 06:30:51 pm »
:(

You got a Luger?...
:wellin

Offline griffic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #355 on: April 7, 2010, 04:52:39 pm »
MY boxset just arrived from play will be wading through these over the next couple of days  ;D

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #356 on: April 7, 2010, 05:49:53 pm »

Thats the one i'm up to. Will be watching it tonight.

Have got "The Pacific" recorded from tthe other nioght but dont wanna watch it until ive finished this first.  Although by doing it this way, I get the feeling The Pacific may seem a bit of a let down. (Judging by comments on this site)

INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #357 on: April 26, 2010, 09:33:07 pm »
Watched the final episode randomly today- think that one is brilliant and Winters' speech at the end makes me choke up
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
    • imdb
« Reply #358 on: April 27, 2010, 11:27:39 am »
You got a Luger?...
Haha!

Not far off though...

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #359 on: May 6, 2010, 04:42:48 pm »
After watching the last episode randomly a few weeks  ago- see previous post -started watching this again.

Just watched episode 3, when they take Carentan but one thing confused me.

Easy Company get pulled off the front line and are told they are going back to England. You them see them all in the baracks but then Lipton has to tell them all that they are not going back and they are being sent somewhere else.

But then it ends with Malarky picking up his laundry and other dead soliders laundry, from an English women. Did I miss something here? Did they go back to England or not?!
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19