Author Topic: Champions League, Europa League, Conference League SF 2nd leg 7th-9th May  (Read 18070 times)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Did fancy dortmund you know

PSG are a lot of nothing. Have been almost there entire oil era. Play farmers every week you'll come unstuck when it's time to play for real
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
In 2012, Edin Terzić watched Dortmund win their last Bundesliga title – under Jürgen Klopp – as a fan.

After holding different roles at the club, including assistant coach and technical director, he has now taken them to a Champions League final as its head coach.  🟨 ⬛️

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
There's more than a hint of us in 2005 about Dortmund.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
In 2012, Edin Terzić watched Dortmund win their last Bundesliga title – under Jürgen Klopp – as a fan.

After holding different roles at the club, including assistant coach and technical director, he has now taken them to a Champions League final as its head coach.  🟨 ⬛️

It's a lovely story isn't it. There is hope for football yet  :wave

Clubs like PSG and 115 should be put in the dustbin of history.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
VAR screwing over an oil club. Love to see it.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Well in Dortmund! 1997 all over again, winning both legs of the semi final 1-0.

Would love for them to win it. Beat Bayern and avenge 2013 or beat Real who took their best player last summer. Pretty sweet either way if they can manage it.

This Bayern team is a shadow of that 2013 team too, they are incredibly beatable.  Although, BVB isn’t as good as that 2013 team either, although this team cost a hell of a lot more ;D

Hummels and Reus played in that game. BVB assistant coach Sven Bender did too.  Nuri Sahin, the other assistant coach of BVB started on the bench.

Neuer and Müller both started too.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'PSG have spent more than €2 billion since their Qatari takeover in 2011 and still don't have a Champions League to show for it 💰👀'

^ https://twitter.com/footballontnt/status/1787955593673617595

PSG's record in the Champions League since becoming sportswashers...

^ from https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1cmn6c0/psg_record_in_the_champions_league_ever_since_the

« Last Edit: May 7, 2024, 10:27:39 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Couldn't be happier for the Qatari sportswashers!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Well in Emre - captaining these to the final.

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
^ love it !

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'PSG 0-1 Dortmund | Champions League Semi-Final Highlights' - 7 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zoTx2TNlcOk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zoTx2TNlcOk</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/zoTx2TNlcOk

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That's a bit sensationalist.
He worked at the club as a scout and youth coach from 2010-2013. 
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡

So that's what happened to Mocksy from Auf Wiedersehen .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Everyone laugh at Qatar. :lmao
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Everyone laugh at Qatar. :lmao
At least they are better than Soudi Arabia FC, but can't measure up to Abu Dhabi FC.

What's next Teheran Pacifists FC?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
PSG players did Haaland's meditation celebration after eliminating Dortmund from the UCL in 2020. Dortmund kept the receipts and just clapped back 😂

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1787956730313289963
 ;D
#Sausages

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
It's never not funny when Qatar FC fail in the CL, got to admire how consistently shite they are in that competition  ;D Mbappe best player in the world lol

Got to feel for Sancho though, he could have been starting for the biggest club in the world, getting battered by the likes of Crystal Palace etc. instead he now has to go and play in a CL final.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

yeah it is a bit! But he is from the area and is a lifelong BVB fan.  Interesting character really, a son of a Bosnian and Croatian, brought up speaking Yugoslavian at home, and a dual Croatian/ German national.

It’s funny really, as BVB fans have spent the season wishing him gone.  After the end of season debacle of last season, and the serious underachievement in the league this season, it seemed clear he’d be sacked. But of course, all of a sudden here they are, 1 game from winning the CL!  But he really isn’t consdiered a very good coach.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Boooo…..

Barney the Grinch spoiling a redemption story. ;)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
PSG are proper shite.

I hope Mbappe never wins a CL.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
PSG are proper shite.

I hope Mbappe never wins a CL.

From The Guardian:

The last time Mbappé started a game in Ligue 1 was five weeks ago. It has been not so much a long goodbye as a meandering, work from home kind of season’s end, extended scenes from Kylian Mbappé’s day off. Football is a long game. It’s about a sustained pitch of performance, dragging the moments out of yourself. Is this the way his talent is meant to be used?

By the end, the question seemed to be: what was the point of spending seven years of his wonderful prime here in Paris? Extraordinary numbers in every competition. A recurrent drama of personality. But in the end, Mbappé’s legacy in Paris will be a €840m (£722m) annual turnover and the founding of a really excellent sporting brand.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock

It’s funny really, as BVB fans have spent the season wishing him gone.  After the end of season debacle of last season, and the serious underachievement in the league this season, it seemed clear he’d be sacked. But of course, all of a sudden here they are, 1 game from winning the CL!  But he really isn’t consdiered a very good coach.

As unlikely as it is now, are there any names being floated should he get the sack? I have a friend who supports them and he hates Terzic.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As unlikely as it is now, are there any names being floated should he get the sack? I have a friend who supports them and he hates Terzic.

Nagelsmann had been talked about a lot, but of course he since has signed a new contract with DFB. Hasenhüttl was another name. Even Sahin, with a suggestion he was willing to give up a head coaching job in Turkey to come home to Dortmund as an assistant with the idea of becoming head coach sooner rather than later!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Fair play to any of you that are still remotely arsed about football :D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fair play to any of you that are still remotely arsed about football :D

says Andy, on a football forum  ;D

Online Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
Confirmed Lineups

Club Brugge (confirmed lineup): Simon Mignolet, Denis Odoi, Brandon Mechele, Joel Ordonez, Kyriani Sabbe, Maxim De Cuyper, Hugo Vetlesen, Hans Vanaken, Michal Skoras, Ferran Jutgla, Thiago Rodrigues.

Fiorentina (confirmed lineup): Pietro Terracciano, Dodo, Nikola Milenkovic, Lucas Martinez Quarta, Cristiano Biraghi, Lucas Beltran, Arthur, Rolando Mandragora, Nicolas Gonzalez, Andrea Belotti, Christian Kouame.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Why is that game on tonight and not tomorrow?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
Hope Brugge pull this game back and go to the final. All Reds my age have got a soft spot for these,BMG, and St Etienne.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
Hope Brugge pull this game back and go to the final. All Reds my age have got a soft spot for these,BMG, and St Etienne.

Reading many of your posts here, I suspect we are of a similar age (the first season I attended Anfield was 1969/70) - and the fact you're a James Thomas Ramey fan. You also share my views on fans applauding the team even if they've not played well and had a thumping.

And yes, all three of those European clubs hold a place in my heart too. :)
« Last Edit: May 8, 2024, 05:48:36 pm by A Red Abroad »
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Has anyone player got to all three major finals yet? Given the newish nature of the Conference League I'd imagine not, therefore imagine Mignolet could make a bit of history if Brugge go through. And yes he didn't actually get on in the run to Madrid but was part of the squad. Fiorentina also close to a bit of history as they'd be the first side to make two finals, and only three year's into the competition's existence.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
Why is that game on tonight and not tomorrow?
The second leg of the Conference League semifinal between Fiorentina and Club Brugge is played on Wednesday rather than Thursday because of a catholic procession that will pass through the streets of the Belgian city tomorrow.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
Reading many of your posts here, I suspect we are of a similar age (the first season I attended Anfield was 1969/70) - and the fact you're a James Thomas Ramey fan. You also share my views on fans applauding the team even if they've not played well and had a thumping.

And yes, all three of those European clubs hold a place in my heart too. :)
Indeed. Arl arses, now. ;D I've just posted in the Villa op about the night they beat us 5-1, Dec 76, the majority of the team that would go onto win in Rome the following May. 5-1 at half time and it could have been 7 or 8-1 too. We had a good laugh and never let the lads down. Through the wind and the rain, it says...

Online Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Through the wind and the rain, it says...

Indeed.  :D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Yes! Hoping Mignolet wins this thing.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2024, 06:09:17 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
1-0 Brugges.  :)

(3-3 aggregate)

Online Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
Phew almost level

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Great save from Mignolet there.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad