Author Topic: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance  (Read 246542 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Reply #4280 on: April 21, 2024, 09:00:06 pm »
Spurs will most likely need to beat Arsenal this weekend to stay in the top 4 race. Most likely they will need to get something from city as well at home.
This works well for us.
It really could come down to GD.
This week will be huge as all 3 of us have tough games.
Personally think Arsenal need to drop points from their next 2.

There is no point over thinking this stuff as it can drive you mad.

Just take one game at a time and see what happens.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4281 on: April 21, 2024, 09:01:49 pm »
Can we also please give it a fucking rest about referees in here. A couple of threads solely dedicated to it already. The whole footballing season getting dragged into a debate about shit referees, corruption, not corruption, unconscious bias, conscious bias...it's as tedious as it gets.

Diaz goal gets given. Doku handball results in a Liverpool win and Odegaard hand ball results in a Liverpool win.

You are right mate they have no place in this thread. Then again this thread wouldn't exist if those decisions were given. We would already have wrapped up the title race.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #4282 on: April 21, 2024, 09:07:16 pm »
Win these next two and we'll be top overnight next Saturday regardless. With arsenal to go to spurs the next day. Going to be very tricky, but would be huge. We'd all be feeling better about ourselves as well. If we're going to fall short this season I just hope we at least finish on a positive note for Jürgen. The last couple of weeks have been grim.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4283 on: April 21, 2024, 09:13:35 pm »
Cant really look past Everton.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #4284 on: April 21, 2024, 09:13:58 pm »
There is no point over thinking this stuff as it can drive you mad.

Just take one game at a time and see what happens.

The key is that IF City and Arsenal slip up we have to be there to take advantage. Essentially we have to stick around to at least put pressure on them when they are playing their games. Make City win it if they are going win it. Both have some banana skins in their run in. At least 2 teams that play City have quite a lot to play for. But then we have some difficult games too.

Can’t do anything about the Palace game now. It’s gone.

But yes, the only game that matters is Everton. Then we see what happens. I’m just happy that the players would have gained a bit of confidence back after today which is very important. Try and beat Everton and then see where we are at going into next weekend’s games.
YWNA

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4285 on: April 21, 2024, 09:17:19 pm »

Nah I can't see them winning it.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4286 on: April 21, 2024, 09:25:47 pm »
For Everton, I’m guessing Konate comes in the defence.
Mac, Jones and Dom in midfield
Same front 3?

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4287 on: April 21, 2024, 09:28:41 pm »
Diaz goal gets given. Doku handball results in a Liverpool win and Odegaard hand ball results in a Liverpool win.

You are right mate they have no place in this thread. Then again this thread wouldn't exist if those decisions were given. We would already have wrapped up the title race.

There is an enormous thread dedicated to it in this section and another thread in general sport. Feels like every thread I click on we're talking about refs. It's tiresome.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4288 on: April 21, 2024, 09:29:50 pm »
Same front 3?

NO thanks to Dom, awful at the minute. Endo, Jones, Mac for Everton please.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4289 on: April 21, 2024, 09:30:54 pm »

While this is true it would still be in our hands had we not lost to Palace at Anfield last week.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4290 on: April 21, 2024, 09:31:20 pm »

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4291 on: April 21, 2024, 09:32:04 pm »
NO thanks to Dom, awful at the minute. Endo, Jones, Mac for Everton please.
Indeed. The lad is better without the ball than with it at the moment.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4292 on: April 21, 2024, 09:32:30 pm »
Same front 3?

Not a chance I am starting Szoboszali against Everton. He doesn't warrant a place in the first eleven on current form. He was poor again in his cameo today. So sloppy in possession

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #4293 on: April 21, 2024, 09:38:00 pm »

Get to the top of of Shaw Street and you will.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4294 on: April 21, 2024, 10:14:03 pm »
There is an enormous thread dedicated to it in this section and another thread in general sport. Feels like every thread I click on we're talking about refs. It's tiresome.

Then maybe the PGMOL should get their house in order.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4295 on: April 21, 2024, 10:17:59 pm »
Haven't been pleased with Jones lately either so not sure I want him to start against Everton either.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #4296 on: April 21, 2024, 10:18:57 pm »
It’s insane there’s a not small likelihood that the top three spots at the end of a 38 game season are decided by goal difference.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #4297 on: April 21, 2024, 10:19:33 pm »
Clear today that Jurgen went for freshness so I'd expect plenty changes for the bitters.

Offline Heritage

• Main Stander
  • Boot Room Fanatic
« Reply #4298 on: April 21, 2024, 10:31:33 pm »
Great to get a win with a lot of rotation options for our FWs and MFs. Should be able to stay relatively fresh for Wednesday.
🔥97🔥

🏆 x 42

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4299 on: April 21, 2024, 10:32:59 pm »
Win against Everton and we go 4 points clear of City ahead of their trip to Brighton.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4300 on: April 21, 2024, 11:21:21 pm »
Our schedule is the toughest, I think, especially Spurs home and Villa away. But Spurs play Arsenal and Chelsea before us, and they need to win all of their remaining games to keep their CL hopes alive. If they beat Arsenal, great, if they don't, most likely they will have just pride to play for at Anfield. Villa need to win the next two games against Chealsea (h) and Brighton (a). If they do, they'd likely finish in 4th ahead of Spurs on GD, and a point in the last two games will guarantee that. They may not have such a strong incentive to win by the time we play them.

We must make sure we win our next two and see where we are. City and Arsenal would have played three games by the time we meet Spurs.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4301 on: April 21, 2024, 11:41:23 pm »
I don't think even the biggest optimist would have had us right in the fight at this stage. So just enjoy it. Whilst we can.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #4302 on: April 21, 2024, 11:45:55 pm »
Our schedule is the toughest, I think, especially Spurs home and Villa away. But Spurs play Arsenal and Chelsea before us, and they need to win all of their remaining games to keep their CL hopes alive. If they beat Arsenal, great, if they don't, most likely they will have just pride to play for at Anfield. Villa need to win the next two games against Chealsea (h) and Brighton (a). If they do, they'd likely finish in 4th ahead of Spurs on GD, and a point in the last two games will guarantee that. They may not have such a strong incentive to win by the time we play them.

We must make sure we win our next two and see where we are. City and Arsenal would have played three games by the time we meet Spurs.
Villa will have been away in Greece the Thursday before we play them. Just a shame we didn’t get them on the Sunday. We’ll have had a weeks rest against tired minds and legs, we’ll win that.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4303 on: April 22, 2024, 12:13:05 am »
Same front 3?

Absolutely has to be the same front 3. Two starts in a row so the subs can come sooner in the second half than they did today but today proved it worked well.

Midfield will see Mac come back in. Endo will start again. The third will be anyone's guess. Grav to go again? Jones to come in? Szob not great form but got a good rest too? Decision for Klopp.

Konate to come in at the back.

I've just gone down the fixture list rabbit hole again and convinced myself City will drop points before the season's end. I pray we take it a game at a time and give ourselves real hope.

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4304 on: April 22, 2024, 12:13:55 am »

It's all valid but we have no idea if the other results would have ended up the same had those decisions gone for us. Would we have settled for the point at Forest if we had a lead at the top? Would we have felt the pressure and dropped a Palace-like game earlier once everyone said we were favourites, etc? We just don't know. Arsenal lost to Villa the moment it was in their hands, the pressure got to them. Had we won earlier in the day the whole atmosphere and pressure on them would have been less and it can result in a different outcome. We can't just look at the moments we were screwed and then add those points on to what we won elsewhere, football doesn't always work like that.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4305 on: April 22, 2024, 12:21:51 am »
It's all valid but we have no idea if the other results would have ended up the same had those decisions gone for us. Would we have settled for the point at Forest if we had a lead at the top? Would we have felt the pressure and dropped a Palace-like game earlier once everyone said we were favourites, etc? We just don't know. Arsenal lost to Villa the moment it was in their hands, the pressure got to them. Had we won earlier in the day the whole atmosphere and pressure on them would have been less and it can result in a different outcome. We can't just look at the moments we were screwed and then add those points on to what we won elsewhere, football doesn't always work like that.

The Arsenal one is a great example of this. Keeps getting quoted as one which cost us points, which ignores the fact that we scored a couple of minutes later. A goal which wouldn't have happened if we'd been given the penalty (which we obviously should have).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4306 on: April 22, 2024, 12:38:37 am »
The Arsenal one is a great example of this. Keeps getting quoted as one which cost us points, which ignores the fact that we scored a couple of minutes later. A goal which wouldn't have happened if we'd been given the penalty (which we obviously should have).

I would love to see some evidence that shows scoring a goal excludes scoring a goal a few minutes later. The reality is that scoring a goal increases the chances of scoring another goal.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #4307 on: April 22, 2024, 01:08:17 am »
I would love to see some evidence that shows scoring a goal excludes scoring a goal a few minutes later. The reality is that scoring a goal increases the chances of scoring another goal.

What?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4308 on: April 22, 2024, 01:08:30 am »
I don't think even the biggest optimist would have had us right in the fight at this stage. So just enjoy it. Whilst we can.

You’re a dickhead.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4309 on: April 22, 2024, 01:09:43 am »

Sorry, I take the first dickhead back, you’re a massive dickhead.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4310 on: April 22, 2024, 01:15:11 am »

I get it now, it’s a wind up, you’re a wind up and you’re some sort of Davros style internet crank, leader of all the internet weirdos.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4311 on: April 22, 2024, 01:15:19 am »

You are an embarrassment. You are a massive embarrassment.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #4312 on: April 22, 2024, 01:17:15 am »
I get it now, it’s a wind up, you’re a wind up and you’re some sort of Davros style internet crank, leader of all the internet weirdos.

How is it a wind up? If the math is there then I learned something today. I would like to see that math, I’d been operating under the principle that 2-0 was statistically more unlikely than 1-0 …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4313 on: April 22, 2024, 01:18:47 am »

You are an embarrassment. You are a massive embarrassment.

See now I’m not sure whether to go to bed or keep watching
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4314 on: April 22, 2024, 07:57:15 am »
Spurs will most likely need to beat Arsenal this weekend to stay in the top 4 race. Most likely they will need to get something from city as well at home.
This works well for us.
It really could come down to GD.
This week will be huge as all 3 of us have tough games.
Personally think Arsenal need to drop points from their next 2.

I don't see Arsenal as winning it - I just can't see them beating Chelsea and Spurs. But then they'd probably say they can't see us beating Everton and Villa/Spurs.

For me it all comes down to City losing a game vs Spurs. Can't see anyone else being able to beat them.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #4315 on: April 22, 2024, 08:02:37 am »
Just concentrate on the 4 points needed to secure top 4. Whatever happens after that, happens.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4316 on: April 22, 2024, 08:29:08 am »
Can we also please give it a fucking rest about referees in here. A couple of threads solely dedicated to it already. The whole footballing season getting dragged into a debate about shit referees, corruption, not corruption, unconscious bias, conscious bias...it's as tedious as it gets.

Cracking post. Absolutely right.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4317 on: April 22, 2024, 08:30:44 am »
Everton got done 6-0 by Chelsea we should be beating them 9/10 times. Hopefully we've turned a corner with the last game so there's no more palace type results

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #4318 on: April 22, 2024, 08:53:56 am »

Hard to see it that way when it was in our hands but absolutely correct.  I wanted top 4 this season and maybe a cup. Klopp has worked miracles again. Pretty chilled about it now. What will be will be.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4319 on: April 22, 2024, 08:57:35 am »
Not to project too much onto one game, but this was exactly the type of game I hoped for. We were patient but faster, our players worked for each other and were much more in tune wth what could go wrong or right in any given moment - ready to pounce or protect. Though it wasn't straightforward it will have built up our confidence in attack and passing through the lines. We just need to remain in the moment, don't think too far ahead, don't think ahead at all actually. Just feel the new blood surging through the team, face up the blue mutants on Wednesday and know we are the better team.