Author Topic: The Nathaniel Clyne Experience  (Read 215427 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Nathaniel Clyne Experience
« Reply #240 on: May 7, 2016, 10:12:22 pm »
Just like the left back we have Clyne is brain dead.

Both need replacing.

I'd love to hear how you can justify him being "brain dead". He's actually a very switched on RB, and isn't caught ball watching or out of position bar the very rare occasion. He doesn't give away stupid fouls, he doesn't play the team into trouble with stupid passes
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: May 7, 2016, 10:26:24 pm »
RB solved.
Just stay fit pls.

Offline leonmc0708

• Still not in the clique.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: May 7, 2016, 10:45:31 pm »
I'd love to hear how you can justify him being "brain dead". He's actually a very switched on RB, and isn't caught ball watching or out of position bar the very rare occasion. He doesn't give away stupid fouls, he doesn't play the team into trouble with stupid passes

We must have two Nathaniel Cluyes then cus the one i saw give a stupid corner away two mins in against watford or duck out of the way of a ball from erikseen which dropped to Kane who slotted or spends too much time putting his hand up for offsides instead of heading the balls out the area, who is akin to John arne Riise for running and stopping with a ball instead of penetrating and who chews the ball more than Glen Johnson used to and who has an alarming knack for not being able to control a ball close to the touchline and passing behind his team mates CLEARLy isn't the one you have been watching.
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: May 7, 2016, 10:48:54 pm »
We must have two Nathaniel Cluyes then cus the one i saw give a stupid corner away two mins in against watford or duck out of the way of a ball from erikseen which dropped to Kane who slotted or spends too much time putting his hand up for offsides instead of heading the balls out the area, who is akin to John arne Riise for running and stopping with a ball instead of penetrating and who chews the ball more than Glen Johnson used to and who has an alarming knack for not being able to control a ball close to the touchline and passing behind his team mates CLEARLy isn't the one you have been watching.

Yep we must be, the one i'm watching is as solid as any RB in the league and has been dependable all season
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: May 7, 2016, 10:49:18 pm »

Both need replacing.

:lmao

Surely you didn't have a straight face when you posted that?

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: May 7, 2016, 11:09:28 pm »

If you're on a wind up then yawn, just creating a problem and derailing a thread where for once on RAWK everyone is in unison.

If you're being serious you should have your account closed and your internet provider should be notified of your behaviours. Fair enough if you do not rate the guy (amazing in itself) but provide better reasons than simply giving away ONE corner and one apparent 'duck' over the course of a season in which he has played over 50 games. Genuinely don't know where you're pulling the poor control near the touchline one from, made up I suppose. He also has a 78% pass accuracy which would suggest that even if you have made it up that he passes it behind his team mates then he is more often than not keeping the ball. Most of his unsuccesful passes have been long balls or crosses, he's misplaced less than 200 passes out of less than 12000 made.

PS. Where did you escape from?
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: May 7, 2016, 11:10:49 pm »

Both need replacing.
Yeah, I'm sure it's Clyne who's 'brain dead'...  ::)

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #247 on: May 7, 2016, 11:11:11 pm »

This is genuinely funny. The only criticisms one can objectively raise with Clyne is that he's not great going forward (but if you're relying on your fullbacks to provide the bulk of your attacking play then you're doing football wrong) and he can occasionally have a clanger of a first touch (maybe once a game). Aside from those areas, he's solid as a fucking building. He occupies the one area of the squad where we literally have to do nothing for the next five years. Just stay out of his way and don't screw up any contract talks. He's a 7/8 out of 10 every game. If you want more than that out of your fullback you need to get your head checked.
Justice For The 96

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: May 7, 2016, 11:18:50 pm »

Both need replacing.

lol - get out

Offline leonmc0708

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: May 7, 2016, 11:24:56 pm »
Where do you guys watch him from? What vantage point?

Don't start quoting statistics as proof of payment players quality cus the only stats that matter are goals scored or clean sheets for a keeper.

Watford his awful defending set the tone. New keeper in goal. The instruction had to be keep it tight ten mins don't concede anything in our half. Watch t game his gaff was the catalyst for the game falling apart.

Spurs game h ducked a ball going nowhere that resulted in a goal goal the Loss of three points. It's small crucial things like this that make the difference at the top level.

His positioning is crap and he can't read the game.

Fifty games in a season. H many has Mignolet played? Is this this measure of his quality as well??
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: May 7, 2016, 11:57:56 pm »
Ari gif?

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #251 on: May 8, 2016, 12:06:31 am »
This is genuinely funny. The only criticisms one can objectively raise with Clyne is that he's not great going forward (but if you're relying on your fullbacks to provide the bulk of your attacking play then you're doing football wrong) and he can occasionally have a clanger of a first touch (maybe once a game). Aside from those areas, he's solid as a fucking building. He occupies the one area of the squad where we literally have to do nothing for the next five years. Just stay out of his way and don't screw up any contract talks. He's a 7/8 out of 10 every game. If you want more than that out of your fullback you need to get your head checked.

Hoping to be the voice of reason for both sides, Clyne is definitely a 7 out of 10.  Does that mean we shouldn't look at that area? He is as safe as houses and should be kept here for years. At the same time, we as fans want the best from every position. Is 7 out of 10 enough?
I dream of a team of Daniel Aggers!

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: May 8, 2016, 12:08:13 am »
Leonmc lad, go to bed, it's late, you've been up for too long and it's making you look a bit silly

You're bringing up one game (Watford were he wasn't at his consistent best (according to you)) yet that's the only example you have? You're a moron, or you're the greatest troll on this sight. He's the best RB in the league (comfortably) and has been our player of the season (again comfortably)

I'll give you the brain dead Moreno (even though he's been a lot better recently) but Clyne is the real deal. Can be there for the next decade if he wanted

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: May 8, 2016, 12:09:58 am »
Hoping to be the voice of reason for both sides, Clyne is definitely a 7 out of 10.  Does that mean we shouldn't look at that area? He is as safe as houses and should be kept here for years. At the same time, we as fans want the best from every position. Is 7 out of 10 enough?

God yeah. 7 out of 10 every game from your fullbacks is perfect. Finnan was the same, always 7/10, never making mistakes. Focus on positions that win you games

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: May 8, 2016, 12:14:53 am »

How many fullbacks are 8-9/10 every week? A fullback isn't going to score 10+ goals and 15+ assists every season. Look at Leicester, they're showing the most important thing from your defenders is they're consistent and reliable. Clyne is one of the last players in the squad we should look at upgrading, you'll have to pay a lot of money to hopefully find a better player, and the upturn really isn't worth it.

If you look at the 2 fullbacks in the Team of the Year:

Bellerin: 1 goal 4 assists
Rose: 1 goal 3 assists

In my opinion Clyne is more solid defensively, and the difference in attacking output isn't that significant. Sure you can find the next Lahm if you're incredibly lucky, but it's just not worth it when there's so many more positions that can have huge upgrades

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #255 on: May 8, 2016, 12:15:15 am »
God yeah. 7 out of 10 every game from your fullbacks is perfect. Finnan was the same, always 7/10, never making mistakes. Focus on positions that win you games

Like a goal keeper? Why is one area of the pitch more important?

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: May 8, 2016, 12:16:48 am »
Like a goal keeper? Why is one area of the pitch more important?

Seriously? A top striker or goalkeeper can win you 15+ points a season. Replace Clyne with any "top fullback" in the world, and I doubt you see a significant difference over the course of a season.

It just makes no sense

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #257 on: May 8, 2016, 12:22:36 am »
For us, the conversation should be that we want the best every where. I do like Clyne but I also accept his limitations. Every manager will look at every position constantly. If for no other reason than the worry that they may miss out on something special.
For this summer, I'd think very few players are safe in their positions

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: May 8, 2016, 12:24:08 am »
For us, the conversation should be that we want the best every where. I do like Clyne but I also accept his limitations. Every manager will look at every position constantly. If for no other reason than the worry that they may miss out on something special.
For this summer, I'd think very few players are safe in their positions

It's about being smart and fighting the fires you need to. Otherwise you end up spreading your money on 8-10 players and not really fixing anything.

I'd like to hear some of these suggestions to upgrade on Clyne though if people have them, because I can't think of any realistic better players.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #259 on: May 8, 2016, 12:26:56 am »
Came in here expecting to read about how consistent his defending is and that going forward he has improved last few months. Cannot fathom were the negative opinion is coming from by some posters, other than possibly Bellerin I can't think of another RB I'd even consider trading him with in the Prem.

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #260 on: May 8, 2016, 12:27:48 am »
It's about being smart and fighting the fires you need to. Otherwise you end up spreading your money on 8-10 players and not really fixing anything.

I'd like to hear some of these suggestions to upgrade on Clyne though if people have them, because I can't think of any realistic better players.

I agree. And looking around the prem, the quality of fullbacks is shocking.  I'm not an England fan but surely hodge is looking at both sides and questioning who starts

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: May 8, 2016, 12:29:33 am »
Where do you guys watch him from? What vantage point?

Don't start quoting statistics as proof of payment players quality cus the only stats that matter are goals scored or clean sheets for a keeper.

Watford his awful defending set the tone. New keeper in goal. The instruction had to be keep it tight ten mins don't concede anything in our half. Watch t game his gaff was the catalyst for the game falling apart.

Spurs game h ducked a ball going nowhere that resulted in a goal goal the Loss of three points. It's small crucial things like this that make the difference at the top level.

His positioning is crap and he can't read the game.

Fifty games in a season. H many has Mignolet played? Is this this measure of his quality as well??

The two 'mistakes' you are using are just silly. I only used those stats to prove that what you said was nonsense, as I too think stats are used too much. But they can prove some statements to be untrue.

And lets say these two mistakes are real. That's two mistakes in over 50 games, so yes, the amount of games is a good measure of his quality. The fact that those are the only two mistakes that immediately come into your head show just how good he is. They're not even genuine, clear cut mistakes yet they are your biggest and only example of him being a poor defender.

Everybody has an opinion and it is great when people have contrasting opinions, but in this case there is absolutely no doubt that Nathaniel Clyne has been our best, most consistent player over a huge period of games. Again, the amount of games is vital to show just how good he is.

Just out of interest and because I could do with a laugh, who would you suggest we replace him with?
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: May 8, 2016, 12:54:18 am »
Love Clyne me.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: May 8, 2016, 01:24:56 am »
Just out of interest and because I could do with a laugh, who would you suggest we replace him with?
Yeah , I'd like to hear this too.

Of all the positions we need upgrading on, why the fuck is anyone talking about RB?
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #264 on: May 8, 2016, 03:13:13 am »
This has become a silly thread.

Been impeccably consistent for us this season, also played a ridiculous amount of minutes doing a huge amount of running.

If you want replacements, you're picking the wrong battles.

Some numnuts in here.

100% starting Right back next season.

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #265 on: May 8, 2016, 03:24:00 am »
Correction - 1 silly page

The rest of thread is fine reading back a bit.

There's always one eh  ::)

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 8, 2016, 04:02:27 am »
Considering we paid £12.5m for Clyne and Manchester United paid £30m for Luke Shaw I reckon we got a bargain.

If Shaw had of played this season @ 8-9/10 it wouldn't make up for the difference in value with a Clyne who's supposedly a 7/10 player.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: May 8, 2016, 06:26:15 am »
People expect super robots in defence.  No other right back is better defensively than Clyne in all the top leagues.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: May 8, 2016, 08:04:55 am »
Why the fuck are people talking about replacing Clyne!!

He's been one of our best players all season, and has played 50 games!

Some people in here .... :boxhead

Offline leonmc0708

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: May 9, 2016, 10:09:06 am »
This is a discussion forum yeah ? Where you discuss ? Its not a convincement forum or persuasion board. I am telling you how I see it - both our full backs are not clever enough and cause us too may problems defensively.

Am not bothered if a kid plays 500 games a season if he is crap he is crap.
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline leonmc0708

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: May 9, 2016, 10:13:20 am »
The two 'mistakes' you are using are just silly. I only used those stats to prove that what you said was nonsense, as I too think stats are used too much. But they can prove some statements to be untrue.

And lets say these two mistakes are real. That's two mistakes in over 50 games, so yes, the amount of games is a good measure of his quality. The fact that those are the only two mistakes that immediately come into your head show just how good he is. They're not even genuine, clear cut mistakes yet they are your biggest and only example of him being a poor defender.

Everybody has an opinion and it is great when people have contrasting opinions, but in this case there is absolutely no doubt that Nathaniel Clyne has been our best, most consistent player over a huge period of games. Again, the amount of games is vital to show just how good he is.

Thats not my job, I dont work in football recruitment - I do however know that both full backs are poo
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: May 9, 2016, 10:17:19 am »
leonmc0708, I get it, you don't like Clyne. Stay out of the thread.

Offline leonmc0708

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: May 9, 2016, 10:18:39 am »
leonmc0708, I get it, you don't like Clyne. Stay out of the thread.

Again - how does that work then ?

Is the thread only for people talking about how good he is ?

should I start a thread for only people who dont like him ?

Strange
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: May 9, 2016, 10:22:08 am »
Cos you're talking shite and annoying me? Is that better?

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #274 on: May 9, 2016, 10:23:06 am »
Top Top player is Nat end of.

Offline leonmc0708

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: May 9, 2016, 10:24:22 am »
Cos you're talking shite and annoying me? Is that better?

You see no deficiencies in Clyne's game then ?
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: May 9, 2016, 10:27:31 am »

None that deserve your boring and shallow analysis, pointless negativity and wummery.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: May 9, 2016, 10:30:43 am »

I don't agree he's as much of an issue as you seem to think he is. Positioning from both our full backs is often set to heart attack mode but they're both fast and 9/10 they get back. Moreno has a tendency to dive in, but Clyne is much more level headed. I like him. I don't see why you think he's such an issue, and what more would you want?

I'd rather a player who gets up and supports the attack than never going over the halfway line, so for me, he's pretty much as good as it gets in our league.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: May 9, 2016, 10:32:59 am »
This is a discussion forum yeah ? Where you discuss ? Its not a convincement forum or persuasion board. I am telling you how I see it - both our full backs are not clever enough and cause us too may problems defensively.

Am not bothered if a kid plays 500 games a season if he is crap he is crap.

No feel free to come in and voice you're opinion and give reasons to back those up. Don't come in and say they are brain dead and you "know they are poo" and that they are crap. Makes you sound like a child.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #279 on: May 9, 2016, 10:36:05 am »
Clyne won't reach the very highest level, where we'll receive bids from Barcelona. He's just not that gifted technically. But he's rock solid in defense and perfectly ok in attack. Game after game, regardless of opposition. The most consistent performer in the team, easily.

There are at least 8 or 9 positions in bigger need of an upgrade.