Author Topic: The Nathaniel Clyne Experience  (Read 216719 times)

Offline stoj

• Main Stander
Re: The Nathaniel Clyne Experience
« Reply #320 on: May 11, 2016, 11:33:53 am »
I'm thinking Carlos Alberto circa 1970.

I agree with this ;)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #321 on: August 14, 2016, 08:34:56 pm »
Beautiful again today......Him and Mane in tandom, is quite a thing to be all wetty dreamy about.

Great teams have great full backs, we have at least, one half of that.

*Thats not a snipe at Moreno, more of what he should be aspiring to*
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: August 14, 2016, 08:35:35 pm »
Best player in the league, a sensation.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #323 on: August 14, 2016, 08:36:40 pm »
He's so dreamy, beautiful assist. Coulda done better for their second but mistakes from him are so rare I couldnt give a fuck. Position is nailed for 5 years + easy.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #324 on: August 14, 2016, 08:50:34 pm »
It took Clyne a long time to win me over as I thought he was sloppy in defence and nervous in possession but with every passing game I'm becoming more and more of a fan for him. The signing of Mane is going to help his game massively. While he was caught out a bit for Arsenal's second today he has become very solid defensively and can be relied upon to be consistent. Would love a player like him at left back.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #325 on: August 14, 2016, 08:54:09 pm »
Was absolutely brilliant for our 3rd goal. He gets forward a lot but his end product is often quite poor but it was brilliant for that 3rd today. Eased past their left back and then put in a cracking ball.

Thought he was really poor for that second goal though for Arsenal. Got to be forcing Oxlade down the line there. I don't rate him quite as highly as some - I think he's a solid 7/10 RB rather than a world class one -  but he is still a very solid full back defensively so I was surprised by that rare defensive mistake. He is usually really good one on one.

Would love a Clyne level and type player at left back.
Believe

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #326 on: August 14, 2016, 08:54:49 pm »
Does he have a left footed brother?

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2016, 09:00:43 pm »
Does he have a left footed brother?

Let's clone him and do some genetic engineering. ;D

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2016, 09:06:22 pm »
Is there a better right back in the league? Not for me. He's always been defensively solid but he's improving going forward.

There does seem to be a real dearth of quality full backs at the moment. It's a very demanding position in teams that play good, attacking football.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2016, 09:29:14 pm »
Was absolutely brilliant for our 3rd goal. He gets forward a lot but his end product is often quite poor but it was brilliant for that 3rd today. Eased past their left back and then put in a cracking ball.

Thought he was really poor for that second goal though for Arsenal. Got to be forcing Oxlade down the line there. I don't rate him quite as highly as some - I think he's a solid 7/10 RB rather than a world class one -  but he is still a very solid full back defensively so I was surprised by that rare defensive mistake. He is usually really good one on one.

Would love a Clyne level and type player at left back.
I think it's Lallana screwing that one up, throwing himself in instead of just covering behind Clyne. Henderson didn't do well either. Clyne expected to have cover there.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: August 14, 2016, 09:50:39 pm »
I think it's Lallana screwing that one up, throwing himself in instead of just covering behind Clyne. Henderson didn't do well either. Clyne expected to have cover there.

Yeah it really was a catalogue of mistakes. Lallana went parallel with Clyne for some reason rather than just dropping off a couple yards behind Clyne so as to make sure the option to go through the middle of them was not on. Then as you say Hendo was poor as well. Surely got to know Oxlade wants it on his right foot. Really frustrated me that because it came so soon after 4-1. We should have just killed it for 5 minutes and let their fans toxic 'support' spread. 
Believe

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #331 on: August 14, 2016, 10:02:33 pm »
Is there a better right back in the league? Not for me. He's always been defensively solid but he's improving going forward.

There does seem to be a real dearth of quality full backs at the moment. It's a very demanding position in teams that play good, attacking football.

There definitely isn't. He doesn't get the plaudits he deserves. Plays - does his job - steady - 8/10 every week - nothing flash but my how effective he is.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #332 on: August 14, 2016, 10:10:43 pm »
He'll be even better when he gets on Mane's wavelengths and gets used to his movement off/on the ball.
With all the attention left backs will be showing to Mane, Clyne should get plenty of opportunities to overlap on the side.
That dribble and pass was stunning, didn't think he had it in him (offensively) to create that kind of opening. ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #333 on: August 15, 2016, 12:03:14 am »
Moreno got hung out to dry for his first half performance (improved in the second) but Clyne didn't exactly cover himself in glory with his defending in the second half.

Offline alexthomas1989

• Main Stander
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2016, 09:35:40 am »
Moreno got hung out to dry for his first half performance (improved in the second) but Clyne didn't exactly cover himself in glory with his defending in the second half.

Potentially could have done better for the second, though not the only one. But that's a mistake for Nathaniel Clyne, where he could have maybe done better. A mistake by Alberto is absolute lunacy.

The challenge for the penalty is just so daft it's genuinely baffling. Walcott's going away from goal and doesn't even have a bouncing ball under control and he seems launching himself in like that to be appropriate action.

Compare the relative positions of Clyne and Moreno when Lallana loses the ball. We haven't got good quality possession there, facing back towards goal, being heavily pressed. Moreno's not even watching and is half way up the pitch. Clyne's still attached to Lovren as he should be.

Clyne popped up with an assist second half, a great one at that. Moreno isn't anything near the force going forward some people seem to think he is. He doesn't do much at all other than run in a straight line.

Clyne's just absolutely brilliant, wouldn't swap him for any other right back in the league. Position sorted for years hopefully. Now for the other side............

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #335 on: August 15, 2016, 09:44:40 am »
How often do you see Clyne beaten like that throughout a season?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #336 on: August 15, 2016, 09:53:32 am »
I want to see much, much more of that type of cross for the third; he did it so often at Southampton to great effect, whether arriving late as an overlap or beating a man himself like yesterday.

Of course, a cross is only as good as the run and finish that meets it and it was great to see Phil coming in off the left to get on the end of something. But that cross, phwoar.

Got so much in his locker, Clyne. Did not see the best of him going forward last season. If he can learn to play Mané into the channel a bit quicker at times, we're going to be a serious force down the right.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: August 15, 2016, 10:59:31 am »
I want to see much, much more of that type of cross for the third; he did it so often at Southampton to great effect, whether arriving late as an overlap or beating a man himself like yesterday.

Of course, a cross is only as good as the run and finish that meets it and it was great to see Phil coming in off the left to get on the end of something. But that cross, phwoar.

Got so much in his locker, Clyne. Did not see the best of him going forward last season. If he can learn to play Mané into the channel a bit quicker at times, we're going to be a serious force down the right.

Was really great to see a goal like our 3rd one yesterday.  I can't remember the last time we scored a goal like this.

I used to see other teams scoring goals like this and often thought, Why the fuck can't we do that?.

Sign of things to come I hope. And hopefully Bertie will sort his head out and do the same on the left.  Contrary to the slaughtering he is currently getting, I believe Moreno does have it in his locker.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: August 15, 2016, 04:35:44 pm »
He actually looked really good going forward when playing for England in the Euros which hasn't been much of a feature at Liverpool last season. Started this one off brightly so hope there is more to come.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #339 on: August 15, 2016, 06:40:04 pm »
I don't think this guy gets enough credit as he deserves, he is so good it goes under the radar.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #340 on: August 16, 2016, 12:35:33 am »
Totally agree he doesn't lorenzo. He was quality yesterday once again. Let's get a song for him let him we appreciate what he does for the team.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: August 27, 2016, 03:08:49 pm »
Thoughts on his start to the season?
Believe

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #342 on: August 27, 2016, 03:20:52 pm »
Please stop shooting
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: August 27, 2016, 03:30:38 pm »

it's been very flat - tons of give aways - and some iffy defense. hopefully he gets it sorted soon.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #344 on: August 27, 2016, 03:31:43 pm »

The least of our worries.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #345 on: August 27, 2016, 03:42:42 pm »
Please stop shooting

Not sure why he's been doing it as much this season - one in the second half from wide in the box was really criminal

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: August 27, 2016, 03:51:15 pm »
If you think he was at fault for the goal, you know nothing about football.

Also not sure why people complaining about his shooting. He occassionally does it, but is also getting forward more and already has two assists. A great start.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #347 on: August 27, 2016, 03:58:40 pm »
If you think he was at fault for the goal, you know nothing about football.

So, it was not a mistake to move central to cover a striker already marked?
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #348 on: August 27, 2016, 04:04:13 pm »

:D

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: August 27, 2016, 04:26:00 pm »
:D
Considering he is tracking Lamela, how does that work exactly?

It is Mane's responsibility to track the fullback.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #350 on: August 27, 2016, 04:30:33 pm »
I'll have to watch it again but the way I remember it is that we end up with two players challenging one leaving the back post free.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: August 27, 2016, 04:33:12 pm »
I'll have to watch it again but the way I remember it is that we end up with two players challenging one leaving the back post free.
You are correct there! Lallana gets sucked in and both he and Clyne end up converging.

Think it is uncontroversial to say though that the fullback normally tracks the winger, and the midfield and winger's normally mop up behind though.   

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #352 on: August 27, 2016, 04:49:16 pm »
You are correct there! Lallana gets sucked in and both he and Clyne end up converging.

Think it is uncontroversial to say though that the fullback normally tracks the winger, and the midfield and winger's normally mop up behind though.
What is not controversial to say is if this was Moreno.......There be no question it be his fault full stop.

Anyhow i think Clyne had another decent game, less affective once Mane went off but that can't be helped. Regarding the goal like any goal conceded it be more than one person at fault.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #353 on: October 1, 2016, 03:43:09 pm »
I'm a bit disappointed that this thread isn't always on the first page. What a beast of a player, he seems so strong and he's been incredibly consistent.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: October 1, 2016, 03:48:26 pm »
The obvious area he needs to greatly improve is the end product when he gets in final third. If he does that he'll be pretty complete. Only area of concern defensively is that he lets his marker get away from him at the back post more than I'd like.

One of the better RBs in the league which is nice to have after years of Glen Johnson.
Believe

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #355 on: October 1, 2016, 03:48:34 pm »
Was absolute fantastic in that second half today
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: October 1, 2016, 03:50:31 pm »
Man of the match surprised me thought he had a poor first half but big improvement second half.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #357 on: October 1, 2016, 05:44:37 pm »
Saw this on reddit and it's totally true

Clyne is the renewable energy source the world has been waiting for
The change is cast

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #358 on: October 1, 2016, 06:16:12 pm »
He's Glen Johnson in his prime ,  great defender not so much going forward. Think he's got a much higher ceiling than Johnson though.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: October 1, 2016, 06:22:14 pm »
Wonderful player, never seems to have a bad game overall..