Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3165661 times)

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #79280 on: April 29, 2024, 12:11:02 pm »
Salah expected to stay next season, says Ornstein.

Run contract down and then off to Barca or PSG I reckon.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #79281 on: April 29, 2024, 12:12:32 pm »
Run contract down and then off to Barca or PSG I reckon.

He will not be wanted by those clubs by that age.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79282 on: April 29, 2024, 12:13:44 pm »
He will not be wanted by those clubs by that age.

How old was Lewandoski when he moved to Barca?

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79283 on: April 29, 2024, 12:16:13 pm »
Is Tosin Adarabioyo on Edwards radar or is his agent looking for Chelsea or Spurs to get him on silly wages?

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79284 on: April 29, 2024, 12:16:46 pm »
If he wants to get a move like that, he'll need to have a great season next season. Which can only be good news.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79285 on: April 29, 2024, 12:31:50 pm »
Is Tosin Adarabioyo on Edwards radar or is his agent looking for Chelsea or Spurs to get him on silly wages?

He's not better than Matip!

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #79286 on: April 29, 2024, 12:35:58 pm »
That significantly reduces the number of available players though.

Injuries are a part of the game, some of them can’t be helped and some of them aren’t the player of club’s fault. I keep reading people berating our medical team, like it’s their fault Harvey’s ankle snapped, Robbo’s shoulder popped out for Scotland, Salah went to AFCON or Gomez went on England duty…

Nearly every player around can face a spell on the sidelines and more often than not they’ll suffer another one close to it, but if we rule out players who’ve had any kind of long term injury we could end up missing out. I remember all those years ago being desperate for us to sign Gundogan when he was at Dortmund, my mate was adamant he was too much of a risk because of his injuries and we needed someone who’s never had an injury before. Eventually we ended up getting Keita who became the most injury prone player ever, City ended up getting years of 40-50 game seasons from Gundogan.

I should have clarified muscle injuries are mostly what I'd be vary of. Impact injuries you cannot control those.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #79287 on: April 29, 2024, 12:36:20 pm »

The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79288 on: April 29, 2024, 12:36:26 pm »
Would much rather we go for Olise than Kudus, he is a better player now with a higher ceiling and won't come with the AFCON bullshit every other year.

He might be switching his NT allegiance to Algeria.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79289 on: April 29, 2024, 12:40:29 pm »

They’re different players.

I personally think shouts about Salah’s decline are overwrought at the moment, but you’re not going to have upper tier CL level clubs lining up for Salah to play on the wing next year.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79290 on: April 29, 2024, 12:41:34 pm »
So who are we signing at centre back?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79291 on: April 29, 2024, 12:43:12 pm »

He’d cost a kings ransom and he’s mental, but I’d love Romero.

Him and Darwin in same team might be overkill though.

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #79292 on: April 29, 2024, 12:44:58 pm »
Would much rather we go for Olise than Kudus, he is a better player now with a higher ceiling and won't come with the AFCON bullshit every other year.

I think a lot of people are underrating Kudus. I'd happily take Olise over him though, his ceiling is crazy.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79293 on: April 29, 2024, 12:47:14 pm »
Cheaty are proper dodgy though, I'm 99% sure in 20 years it will come out how they were on some sort of steds and illigal recovery stuff.

[insert GIF of 76 year old Klopp saying "boom"]
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #79294 on: April 29, 2024, 12:53:41 pm »
Sounds like us protecting his price.
Got to be honest, sounds more like we want to keep salah.

Which fucking brilliant news
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79295 on: April 29, 2024, 12:54:54 pm »
That significantly reduces the number of available players though.

Injuries are a part of the game, some of them can’t be helped and some of them aren’t the player of club’s fault. I keep reading people berating our medical team, like it’s their fault Harvey’s ankle snapped, Robbo’s shoulder popped out for Scotland, Salah went to AFCON or Gomez went on England duty…

Nearly every player around can face a spell on the sidelines and more often than not they’ll suffer another one close to it, but if we rule out players who’ve had any kind of long term injury we could end up missing out. I remember all those years ago being desperate for us to sign Gundogan when he was at Dortmund, my mate was adamant he was too much of a risk because of his injuries and we needed someone who’s never had an injury before. Eventually we ended up getting Keita who became the most injury prone player ever, City ended up getting years of 40-50 game seasons from Gundogan.
Listen to what Ian Graham says about signing players though. Availability is a major major factor in doing so.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #79296 on: April 29, 2024, 01:06:15 pm »
Got to be honest, sounds more like we want to keep salah.

Which fucking brilliant news

No chance Edwards would let our current most ££ asset leave on a free. If he stays he's strong-armed us to sign on for free somewhere else next summer.

I think it's best for the team he goes but I'm not mad if he stays.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79297 on: April 29, 2024, 01:09:55 pm »
Joyce says that we’re trying to get him to extend his contract.

Made up with this news
W

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79298 on: April 29, 2024, 01:25:36 pm »

Made up with this news

I'm surprised by that. Happy if he's staying next season but there's a scenario where we could end up with a player way past his best on a fat contract, which would be the last thing we need.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #79299 on: April 29, 2024, 01:32:49 pm »
Salah expected to stay next season, says Ornstein.

Good news. Slot has apparently said he wants him. You'd like to think if he is still doing it there could be a new contract next season.

Was really encouraging to see him put on the afterburners vs West Ham. He was the sharpest i've seen him look.

Think we may have underestimated the effect that (rare) injury had on him. He was still contributing in moments (great passes, the odd goal) but not as frequent as before. Also the midfield is still a disjointed mess so hopefully a key addition in the 6 will sort that out plus the 8s being in their natural advanced position (and having bedded in), and a functioning midfield with 8s not having to do the work of two men will enhance the attacking threat. So much of the play through midfield has been slow, and the chances (while there have been many in games) are often very difficult. 28 shots vs West Ham, yet very few clear cut opportunities.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 01:34:50 pm by KC7 »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79300 on: April 29, 2024, 01:54:57 pm »
Move Mo to a centre forward position and get in 2 wingers (One for each side) to replace him eventually.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79301 on: April 29, 2024, 02:07:27 pm »
Can't see Edwards letting him leave on a free in 2025. If we're serious about him staying, he'll sign a new deal.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79302 on: April 29, 2024, 02:15:29 pm »
Summerville? Please let it be true.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79303 on: April 29, 2024, 02:24:12 pm »
I think we’ll look to bring in a couple of defenders and an attacking player.

Assuming Trent signs a new deal, and I think he will, he might see the change of manager as a chance to play in midfield. If Kelleher goes he’d need to be replaced, maybe someone like Diaz will look to move on. But I’m not expecting more than three to come in as things stand, four at a push if we end up needing a new GK.

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #79304 on: April 29, 2024, 02:24:31 pm »
Move Mo to a centre forward position and get in 2 wingers (One for each side) to replace him eventually.

Could see us flourish with two new players either side of him. One or possible two of Diaz/Nunez going maybe? If Salah stays.

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #79305 on: April 29, 2024, 02:49:44 pm »

This is exactly what I hope Slot is thinking. A move central could extend Mo's usefulness into his mid-30's.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #79306 on: April 29, 2024, 03:00:32 pm »

We've been linked to the Ecuadorian Willian Pacho, 22-year-old left-footed CB from Frankfurt. 6-2 in height, which is apparently 187 cm.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79307 on: April 29, 2024, 03:01:23 pm »

Its a tough one isn't it, especially with the new manager coming in. Would think it will be a similar skill set to previous: tall, quick and good ball players.

Lots of highly rated youngters about like Colwill, Diomande, Silva, Scalvini, Yoro but not idea who we'd go for, especially as some of them have mad prices

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79308 on: April 29, 2024, 03:05:15 pm »
Lutsharel Geertruida would love to join Arne Slot at Liverpool and is ready for a transfer.

[Marcel Van De Kraan for @telegraaf]

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79309 on: April 29, 2024, 03:24:28 pm »

Made up with this news

I wouldn't be getting your hopes up. I'd be very surprised if the contract offered isn't on reduced wages. Whether Salah would accept reduced terms remains to be seen. I'm not convinced

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #79310 on: April 29, 2024, 04:13:39 pm »
I don’t think we need to sign anyone, but that’s a good time to do so as you can strengthen rather than replace.

Question marks for this summer around the backup keepers, will Adrian be renewed again? Will Kelleher want to move on? Is there a keeper to step up from the academy, maybe Mzorek for one of those positions? How many keepers we need depends on the answers to them? My guess would be we sign one and promote one, as Adrian will leave and it’ll probably be the best summer to sell Kelleher. Wouldn’t be surprised about Kelleher staying though.

Also questions on Tsimikas and his suitability to the formation going forward. I like him as a player but looking at what Slot might do, I think we’ll be sticking with a more defensive full back on the left which isn’t suited to Kostas’s game.

We’ve got a good set of four centre back for next year probably need five. Whether we sign one or not probably depends on what happens to Matip and Van den Berg.

Lots of questions around DM, which could lead to us signing one. Where will Mac Allister be deployed? Will Arne trust Endo as a starter or see him more as a squad player? How much faith is there in Bajcetic for next season, will he need a loan? How do we rate Morton? Will McConnell get a loan or be around the squad? I can see us signing one, but only if Mac Allister is used further forward.

The other player who impacts the DM decision is Trent, if he’s moved into midfield, playing as 6 could where be the position, in which case we may need a RB, but that depends on our faith in Bradley and Ramsay, and the type of full back we’d want. If Trent is still at right back then that doesn’t cover the midfield if we need one.

Another reason we might need a midfielder depends on what happens with Szoboszlai and Elliott. One or both could be moved to primarily be used in the front line especially if Salah leaves, with Carvalho another option that could be added. If they both remain midfield options we likely need a right wing option, if they move then we could need a CM. Some of that decision will depend on Doak too.

I’ve got a suspicion that Elliott and Mac Allister will be our RCM options, Jones and Gravenberch on the other side, Endo and Bajcetic as DM options and Clark kept about for additional cover. Szoboszlai suits a forward role under Slot in my opinion with some cover brought in for that too if we Salah goes, although that sounds like we’d want to keep him, so any signing would be a seventh option.

The key decisions for me are around Trent and Salah. They plan for them determines the summer business most likely, from what I can tell.

If I was to guess, we sell Salah, lock down Trent and van Dijk to new contracts, move Trent to the 6, and look to mainly bring in a left back and a right winger.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 04:17:06 pm by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79311 on: April 29, 2024, 04:16:04 pm »
I don’t think we need to sign anyone, but that’s a good time to do so as you can strengthen rather than replace.

Question marks for this summer around the backup keepers, will Adrian be renewed again? Will Kelleher want to move on? Is there a keeper to step up from the academy, maybe Mzorek for one of those positions? How many keepers we need depends on the answers to them? My guess would be we sign one and promote one, as Adrian will leave and it’ll probably be the best summer to sell Kelleher. Wouldn’t be surprised about Kelleher staying though.

Also questions on Tsimikas and his suitability to the formation going forward. I like him as a player but looking at what Slot might do, I think we’ll be sticking with a more defensive full back on the left which isn’t suited to Kostas’s game.

We’ve got a good set of four centre back for next year probably need five. Whether we sign one or not probably depends on what happens to Matip and Van den Berg.

Lots of questions around DM, which could lead to us signing one. Where will Mac Allister be deployed? Will Arne trust Endo as a starter or see him more as a squad player? How much faith is there in Bajcetic for next season, will he need a loan? How do we rate Morton? Will McConnell get a loan or be around the squad? I can see us signing one, but only if Mac Allister is used further forward.

The other player who impacts the DM decision is Trent, if he’s moved into midfield, playing as 6 could where be the position, in which case we may need a RB, but that depends on our faith in Bradley and Ramsay, and the type of full back we’d want. If Trent is still at right back then that doesn’t cover the midfield if we need one.

Another reason we might need a midfielder depends on what happens with Szoboszlai and Elliott. One or both could be moved to primarily be used in the front line especially if Salah leaves, with Carvalho another option that could be added. If they both remain midfield options we likely need a right wing option, if they move then we could need a CM. Some of that decision will depend on Doak too.

I’ve got a suspicion that Elliott and Mac Allister will be our RCM options, Jones and Gravenberch on the other side, Endo and Bajcetic as DM options and Clark kept about for additional cover. Szoboszlai suits a forward role under Slot in my opinion with some cover brought in for that too if we Salah goes, although that sounds like we’d want to keep him, so any signing would be a seventh option.

The key decisions for me are around Trent and Salah. They plan for them determines the summer business most likely, from what I can tell.

We do need players. We need to get better than what we have in certain positions.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79312 on: April 29, 2024, 04:17:45 pm »
We do need players. We need to get better than what we have in certain positions.

Which positions? I’d think left alone our squad improves anyway due to its age. I’d have said a centre back and centre mid last summer but Quansah, Bradley and Clark have changed that need, especially with Trent’s potential for moving into midfield.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 04:19:18 pm by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79313 on: April 29, 2024, 04:17:59 pm »
Is quite like to see Salah as a 10 behind Nunez/Jota, Diaz, Szoboslai left and right forwards. MacAllister and a new monster athlete as dual 6s. Trent plays right back or nowhere. We need another CB and a new LB as well as the new CM. Might need another player for the right sided forward role too.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 04:19:30 pm by Knight »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79314 on: April 29, 2024, 04:18:16 pm »
Which positions? I’d think left alone our squad improves anyway due to its age.

Centreback, midfield, attack.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79315 on: April 29, 2024, 04:22:24 pm »
Which positions? I’d think left alone our squad improves anyway due to its age. I’d have said a centre back and centre mid last summer but Quansah, Bradley and Clark have changed that need, especially with Trent’s potential for moving into midfield.

We need to be planning for Van Dijk and Salah leaving over the next 2 years, so signing those players now, so center half (left sided) and a forward.

We also need an elite 6 in and around the 23-25 range i.e. peak years.

I think we'll sell one of Diaz or Nunez, especially if Salah is staying, the front line needs a refresh thats clear, the other areas of the squad are small tweaks rather than anything major.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79316 on: April 29, 2024, 04:23:35 pm »
We need to be planning for Van Dijk and Salah leaving over the next 2 years, so signing those players now, so center half (left sided) and a forward.

We also need an elite 6 in and around the 23-25 range i.e. peak years.

I think we'll sell one of Diaz or Nunez, especially if Salah is staying, the front line needs a refresh thats clear, the other areas of the squad are small tweaks rather than anything major.

In what world would you sell Diaz or Nunez and keep Gapko?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79317 on: April 29, 2024, 04:23:50 pm »
Centreback, midfield, attack.

Not sure I’d class them as needs, as I think we have solutions in the squad. I wouldn’t argue against signings anywhere though as we should be looking to build from a position of strength anyway. But I think the players we have would be good enough next season to compete for the top honours adding in their experience from this year and some level of development.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #79318 on: April 29, 2024, 04:23:54 pm »
We absolutely need an athletic, fast, strong DM. Who that could be, no idea. Hopefully Mikey Edwards knows.
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79319 on: April 29, 2024, 04:25:20 pm »
In what world would you sell Diaz or Nunez and keep Gapko?

After watching some videos on how Slot plays Gakpo seems perfect for the no.9. I think a front line refresh is coming and it will need space to do so.

Slot plays a bit like we used to with 2 very fast and direct wingers and a no.9 who drops deep.