Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 149260 times)

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spiders....
« Reply #1880 on: December 15, 2020, 01:25:07 pm »
Missus has been there and didn't see one spider.

Of course, I know people who lived in Melbourne, who when they moved to Queensland, had to get used to huge spiders on the wall, huge snakes on the decking and all other kinds of creatures
Nope. Nope. Hell No.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #1881 on: December 15, 2020, 01:32:43 pm »
huge snakes on the decking and all other kinds of creatures

We mostly got blue-tongued skinks on the porch. Only snake I saw was a carpet snake in Byron Bay

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1882 on: December 15, 2020, 03:50:39 pm »
We mostly got blue-tongued skinks on the porch. Only snake I saw was a carpet snake in Byron Bay

They sent my Mum a photo of a python, it was at least 12ft long, it looked huge on the photo. They live in this gorgeous place overlooking a huge lake.

Was in Florida last year, we had cottonmouths and gators living in the lake at the back of the hotel, saw a gator but no snakes sadly.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1883 on: December 15, 2020, 08:53:18 pm »
Fucking hell, so if you go for a ride in Aus its, check tyres, chain, fuel, inside fairings for huntsman spiders?
It is now.
I'm restoring a couple of old bikes and I have all the electrical gear in a big plastic box, I was looking for something the other night and moved what I thought was part of the wiring loom, it turned out to be a snakeskin so I must have snakes living in my shed as well as huntsmans....

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1884 on: December 15, 2020, 09:01:48 pm »
Never heard about motorbikes before but there’s loads of stories about them crawling out of the vents or behind the sun screen in cars during journeys. Guess they like living in garages. Fucking hideous!

Brissy - did you shit yourself?! Queensland is the worst place in Oz for big spiders isn’t it? That bit more tropical up there.
Yeah, they love hiding behind the sun visors, I have a pic somewhere of one in a car I owned when we first moved over here, the wife was driving and it peeked out, she saw it, shit herself pulled over and got out of the car when it was still moving, car ended up down a storm drain and we had to get it towed out. We had to sell the car after that because she wouldn't get back in it. Luckily she's used to them now.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1885 on: December 15, 2020, 09:06:02 pm »
It is now.
I'm restoring a couple of old bikes and I have all the electrical gear in a big plastic box, I was looking for something the other night and moved what I thought was part of the wiring loom, it turned out to be a snakeskin so I must have snakes living in my shed as well as huntsmans....

I'd be shitting it if I had a garage with snakes in it, with all the venemous ones you have. There used to be a fella posted on here, GalaSupporter, he hasn't been on since last January,don't know if you saw his thread but he kept venomous snakes, such as a death adder and cobras - he'd have known what the skin was from.

I've got a 1992 FireBlade in boxes all over the garage, luckily I don't have any worries rooting around in the boxes.

I watch a programme on Discovery, 2 brits (fella and his girlfriend) in SA called Snakes in the City - they spend their time catching Mozambique spitting cobras and Black Mambas from these really unkempt houses. sheds etc.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #1886 on: December 16, 2020, 11:03:43 am »
If you think Aussie spiders are scary you should see their women.

Northern Territory outback women are scarier &  have bigger balls than the blokes lol

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1887 on: December 16, 2020, 11:19:32 am »
I'd be shitting it if I had a garage with snakes in it, with all the venemous ones you have. There used to be a fella posted on here, GalaSupporter, he hasn't been on since last January,don't know if you saw his thread but he kept venomous snakes, such as a death adder and cobras - he'd have known what the skin was from.

I've got a 1992 FireBlade in boxes all over the garage, luckily I don't have any worries rooting around in the boxes.

I watch a programme on Discovery, 2 brits (fella and his girlfriend) in SA called Snakes in the City - they spend their time catching Mozambique spitting cobras and Black Mambas from these really unkempt houses. sheds etc.

I miss Gala lads photos and stories.  He always made them cute for about 10mins then you'd snap out of it and think he was some kind of mentalist.  He had a kid didn't he and was thinking of scaling back the more venomous species he kept for breeding purposes.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #1888 on: December 16, 2020, 11:22:32 am »
Try living in the Northern Territory

Extreme weather, heat , humidity, cyclones, monsoons , lightning and of course the outback don’t get lost 
Dangerous soil you can get melioidosis a bacteria in the mud
Mosquitos plus the other killers crocodiles, sharks , jellyfish, snakes , wild dingoes
Sea snakes that kill and anything else that lives in the sea
Birds that swoop and attack you a nightmare walking the dog at times
Lizards that live in your house

I live in the northern suburbs of Darwin and with the beach, creek and bush all around us all these killers are our neighbours 😀

Seen a couple of snakes walking the dog and spiders a huge huntsman on the garage ceiling once

The scariest thing here though.... The driving it’s horrendous for such wide roads little traffic so many accidents

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1889 on: December 16, 2020, 11:38:56 am »
We found a couple of monsters in the bag we use to store one of the Christmas trees,the puppy ate them though so there was no drama.

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1890 on: December 16, 2020, 12:19:25 pm »
Seen a couple of snakes walking the dog
Seen some weird shit here but I've never seen snakes walking a dog.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1891 on: December 17, 2020, 09:38:34 am »
Imagine what it must have been like stepping off those ships in the late 1700s having only known the fields around your hovel in Yorkshire.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1892 on: December 17, 2020, 10:54:39 am »
Imagine what it must have been like stepping off those ships in the late 1700s having only known the fields around your hovel in Yorkshire.

It's exactly the same in 2020 my friend

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1893 on: December 17, 2020, 10:55:47 am »

Without the internet to pre-warn you though.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1894 on: December 17, 2020, 11:05:19 am »

Yeah but other than the rest of the convicts on the boat, what was the most dangerous animal they had seen? Suddenly you've got spiders smaller than the ones you are used to that can kill you, all the others like the funnel web and trapdoor, snakes like the death adder and other vipers, bull sharks and crocs in the rivers and Kangaroos kicking fuck out of people.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1895 on: December 17, 2020, 03:25:09 pm »
Imagine you're the driver of this car and you suddenly hear a loud buzzing noise in the back

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1896 on: December 17, 2020, 08:39:36 pm »
Imagine you're the driver of this car and you suddenly hear a loud buzzing noise in the back

This is exactly why I think there were nowhere near enough bush fires in Australia this year.

Fire up the aircon, buy more diesel cars, open up a couple of hundred coal fired power stations - the more greenhouse gases the better.

Climate change is nowhere near as serious a threat to mankind as that fucking thing.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1897 on: December 18, 2020, 09:19:30 am »
This is exactly why I think there were nowhere near enough bush fires in Australia this year.

Fire up the aircon, buy more diesel cars, open up a couple of hundred coal fired power stations - the more greenhouse gases the better.

Climate change is nowhere near as serious a threat to mankind as that fucking thing.

But with climate change these kinds of fuckers will probably thrive and become monstrous in size

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1898 on: January 27, 2021, 06:14:40 am »
Saw this little bugger having breakfast yesterday.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #1899 on: January 29, 2021, 05:47:03 pm »
If you think Aussie spiders are scary you should see their women.
Had a mate from work who was going to Oz a few years back for about a year. I think he was just going to live in Sydney for a bit.
We riled him up telling him he'd better get used to the big spiders, and the risk of him coming back with an Aussie accent!

He came back and didn't actually mention the spiders. What he did say though was that the women were unreal. He actually said it's like a catwalk when you get off the plane. Some praise indeed. And this guy is what you'd call a "ladies man". He's a good looker and has always had a string of girlfriends so he's certainly seen a lot.
Maybe the cities have the actual women. And the outback has the more "rugged" types..

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1900 on: January 29, 2021, 06:10:54 pm »
My youngest wants to go to Mexico on holiday. I'm making sure he doesn't hear about the Mexican red kneed Tarantula. He wouldn't see one anyway as we will go to Cancun and they are found on the Pacific coast.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1901 on: January 29, 2021, 06:13:04 pm »
Saw this little bugger having breakfast yesterday.

Looks like honey for dessert.  :-\
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1902 on: January 29, 2021, 11:52:01 pm »
Walking the dogs last night and nearly walked head first in to this.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: January 30, 2021, 09:09:50 am »
Walking the dogs last night and nearly walked head first in to this.

What species is that and how big is it?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1904 on: January 30, 2021, 09:15:30 am »
It’s a Tron spider.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1905 on: January 30, 2021, 10:07:30 am »
What species is that and how big is it?

1. Who gives a fuck?

2. Too fucking big.

3. Burn it alive.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: January 30, 2021, 10:36:14 am »
1. Who gives a fuck?

2. Too fucking big.

3. Burn it alive.

I think I've found it, looks like a garden orb weaver. If I'm right they are only tiny, 2.5 cm
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1907 on: January 30, 2021, 10:54:15 am »
Some of the orb spiders get massive there rob. Maybe it’s the Golden orb. Have a look at that, you’ll easily find images of one ticking into a bird or possum that got caught in its web. They’re like overgrown garden spiders, probably harmless but had a nasty habit of spinning webs across pavements at about head height!

Also saw a colony of them once, in amongst a horse bush and there must have been about 20-30 of them in a giant web. Hideous!

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1908 on: January 30, 2021, 11:12:21 am »
What spec

ies is that and how big is it?
It's a golden orb, was about 100mm long.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: January 30, 2021, 11:42:28 am »

shit wouldn't want to walk face first into that
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #1910 on: January 30, 2021, 12:48:13 pm »
How do arachnophobes live in Australia?

That must be a philosophical (and practical) impossibility!

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1911 on: January 30, 2021, 09:42:11 pm »
I think I've found it, looks like a garden orb weaver. If I'm right they are only tiny, 2.5 cm

2.5cm? tiny? you heartless bastard.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1912 on: January 30, 2021, 10:54:00 pm »

That's 10cm, 4 inches *shudders*

Popcorn's Art

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #1914 on: March 22, 2021, 07:17:39 am »
Oh My God
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1916 on: March 22, 2021, 08:03:25 am »
Haha, I mean, joking aside if that was your house what would you do? I’d cry. And then move out.

That article said there’s not more, they’re just coming up from underground and wherever else they live. I do t think I’d ever sleep again!

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1917 on: March 22, 2021, 08:36:24 am »
Can't see why people would go to / live in Australia. It's like a torture room in saw.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1918 on: March 22, 2021, 03:59:12 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1919 on: March 22, 2021, 04:21:26 pm »
Imagine the swarms of flies if them spiders all died?

Haha, I mean, joking aside if that was your house what would you do? I’d cry. And then move out.

That article said there’s not more, they’re just coming up from underground and wherever else they live. I do t think I’d ever sleep again!

I'd get someone in to catch as many as they could then get the house fumigated to kill what they couldn't find.
Jurgen YNWA