Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2823846 times)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #61760 on: November 1, 2021, 04:27:38 pm »
Broncos are finalizing a trade to send eight-time Pro Bowl linebacker Von Miller to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for two second-day 2022 draft picks

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61761 on: November 1, 2021, 04:31:08 pm »
Jameis Winston done for the year. ACL and MCL done apparently.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #61762 on: November 1, 2021, 05:10:07 pm »

Looked horrible that. Feel bad for him.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61763 on: November 1, 2021, 05:10:08 pm »
Broncos are finalizing a trade to send eight-time Pro Bowl linebacker Von Miller to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for two second-day 2022 draft picks

Rams continue to go all in.  Who needs draft picks anyway?  ;D
King Kenny.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61764 on: November 1, 2021, 05:25:43 pm »
Whatever about draft picks, I really don't understand how they make the salary cap. Every year they go all in on huge contracts on the likes of Donald and Ramsey, must have a shit ton of dead cap on their monstrous Goff and Todd Gurley deals (that they ditched around a year after signing them) and still go 'woop, lets bring in Matt Stafford and Von Miller on humungous contracts'.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61765 on: November 1, 2021, 05:36:40 pm »
Whatever about draft picks, I really don't understand how they make the salary cap. Every year they go all in on huge contracts on the likes of Donald and Ramsey, must have a shit ton of dead cap on their monstrous Goff and Todd Gurley deals (that they ditched around a year after signing them) and still go 'woop, lets bring in Matt Stafford and Von Miller on humungous contracts'.

You're going to love this.  They have $41 million in dead cap this year ($33 million tied to Goff and Gurley).  But, the rest of their roster only has $130 million in cap because of how the contracts are structured:
-Stafford ($20 million this year) - $23 million next year
-Donald ($14 million this year) - $27 million next year
-Ramsey ($10 million this year) - $23 million next year
-Woods and Kupp ($11 million this year total) - $34 million next year

They may have to restructure and/or move guys around for next year (their cap number is over $200 million for next year) but they won't have the Goff and Gurley dead cap anymore.
King Kenny.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61766 on: November 1, 2021, 06:21:42 pm »
That sucks of him.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61767 on: November 1, 2021, 06:40:07 pm »
Von Miller too? Denver had an okay shot at a wildcard I suppose but that seems like a bit of a short-term tank for long-term gain more than anything.

Once it doesn't work for the Rams anymore and they have had no high draft picks for ages, the hangover will be epic. Then again, I think they might just win it this year thanks to the defence so it may be worth it for now.
Linudden.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61768 on: November 2, 2021, 01:53:22 am »
Von Miller too? Denver had an okay shot at a wildcard I suppose but that seems like a bit of a short-term tank for long-term gain more than anything.

Once it doesn't work for the Rams anymore and they have had no high draft picks for ages, the hangover will be epic. Then again, I think they might just win it this year thanks to the defence so it may be worth it for now.
Rams just went all in. Denver is probably an outside shot at the playoff most you get for von miller if he leaves in FA is a 2023 5th rounder, getting picks is better value. Even if Von wants to stay in Denver emotionally, this the best move for both sides from a business POV

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #61769 on: November 2, 2021, 09:25:47 am »

Didnt Washington work that way in the 80s? If memory serves they preferred proven veterans over the draft lottery under Joe Gibbs & Beathard. As for Von Miller, not sure if he`s done or just needs a change of scenery.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61770 on: November 2, 2021, 09:37:25 am »

I think it makes sense if they know he is leaving next year anyway. A 2nd and a 3rd is great for what could be 9 games of play from Von Miller when they are 4th favorites in their division to get to the playoffs.

That Rams DL is scary now.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61771 on: November 2, 2021, 01:25:48 pm »
Didnt Washington work that way in the 80s? If memory serves they preferred proven veterans over the draft lottery under Joe Gibbs & Beathard. As for Von Miller, not sure if he`s done or just needs a change of scenery.

They did!  But that was also the pre-Salary Cap era.

Much harder to pull that off today, but the Rams are giving it a go.  At least their cap situation isn't completely terrible, but giving away picks for short-term moves and having contracts for key players really kick in next year will eventually put some pressure on them getting value out of their remaining late picks.
King Kenny.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61772 on: November 2, 2021, 01:38:38 pm »
The draft can be a bit of a lottery anyway, if you're a low pick as you reached the playoffs, so might as well go in on proven vets, it's worked for the Bucs last year.
#Sausages

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61773 on: November 2, 2021, 03:39:05 pm »
The draft can be a bit of a lottery anyway, if you're a low pick as you reached the playoffs, so might as well go in on proven vets, it's worked for the Bucs last year.

I`d suggest it`s what the Cardinals are trying this year. The Bucs are remarkable that they kept the team together in an effort to repeat.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61774 on: November 2, 2021, 05:09:26 pm »
It's the benefit of having a championship QB.  Mike Evans restructured his contract (only a $8 million cap hit this year and $20 million each of the next two years).  Antonio Brown is obviously a head case but can be reined in by Brady and is only on $3 million a year.  Imagine Evans and Brown combining for just $11 million in cap hit.  Gronk and Fournette aren't expensive either.  Guys like Donovan Smith, Lavonte David, and Shaq Barrett all have contracts with low cap hits this year and a lot more coming up.

But the Bucs also showed the importance of drafting and coaching that helped build the foundation even before Brady got going:
-Vita Vea (2018 1st)
-Carlton Davis (2018 2nd)
-Jordan Whitehead (2018 4th)
-Devin White (2019 1st)
-Sean Murphy-Bunting (2019 2nd)
-Jamel Dean (2019 3rd)
-Tristan Wirfs (2020 1st)
-Antoine Winfield Jr (2020 2nd)

A lot of contributors on defense and at OL all on relatively cheap rookie contracts.  You're unlikely to find the value during free agency or trades.

While having a championship QB notorious for taking lower than market value money/restructuring (Brady's cap hit is a joke this year) with pull to bring in veterans on the cheap (or restructured contracts) is one end of the equation, the Bucs' recent ability to draft contributors on defense and OL (areas where Brady has less influence) has helped them keep things together.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2021, 05:11:14 pm by skipper757 »
King Kenny.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61775 on: November 2, 2021, 06:10:43 pm »
Raiders’ WR Henry Ruggs III, who was involved and charged with DUI resulting in death

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61776 on: November 2, 2021, 07:16:23 pm »
Ruggs' best friend died from a car accident, then you had Josh Jacobs doing over 100mph on the strip at 4am last year, and now this.

What a thoughtless mess, and thoughts with the family of the victim in the Toyota. Footage shows Ruggs must have been in a rocket the way he took his Corvette into the back of it.

This kind of chaos I fear will be on the rise, given this relocation to Vegas, and it being the reckless Raiders and their character assessment process.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61777 on: November 2, 2021, 07:20:36 pm »
there's not exactly a shortage of cabs/ubers/etc in and around vegas either.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61778 on: November 2, 2021, 10:44:27 pm »
So trade deadline day ended up being a bit of an anti climax, Watson stays in Houston for now, Dolphins waiting on his legal issues to be resolved whether to move to trade for him, main headline was Rams trading for Von Miller
#Sausages

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61779 on: November 3, 2021, 04:16:21 am »

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61780 on: November 3, 2021, 07:09:18 am »
Fair play to the raiders. Correct decision.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61781 on: November 3, 2021, 08:32:06 am »
Things aren't exactly going to plan for the Raiders lately are they? Ruggs was arguably their best player and he decides to go and swerve around drunk as hell in downtown Vegas, probably won't see an NFL field again considering the prison sentences in the US. Could've been a perennial all-pro and now all down the bin and a jail cell next. Broke and locked up.

RIP to the victim.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2021, 08:42:04 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61782 on: November 3, 2021, 09:08:00 am »
Things aren't exactly going to plan for the Raiders lately are they? Ruggs was arguably their best player and he decides to go and swerve around drunk as hell in downtown Vegas, probably won't see an NFL field again considering the prison sentences in the US. Could've been a perennial all-pro and now all down the bin and a jail cell next. Broke and locked up.

RIP to the victim.

I don`t think Ruggs was that good, he did however stretch the field and open it up for the likes of Waller, Renfrow and Edwards.

I wouldnt be surprised if Jacobs is binned too. He`s hardly on the field and results have been underwhelming with him on it.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61783 on: November 3, 2021, 09:16:33 am »
Jacobs seems to have been a good player for them, when he's fit anyway. He's also got at least another year on his rookie deal.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61784 on: November 3, 2021, 11:03:08 am »
Just about any analyst had the Raiders picking CeeDee Lamb, but nah, Mark "He was the only person I wanted in this draft" and Gruden knew better and went with Ruggs.

I'm not saying this because of this tragedy, as Killie said he was stretching the field but -typical with most other Raider drafts- really hadn't lived up to his high pick overall. Better this season, but still not exactly a breakout    ...and then this happens.

Raiders also released Nathan Peterman, and with that particular move out go our Superbowl aspirations..... I guess with Gruden now gone, no-one shared his infatuation with Peterman.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61785 on: November 3, 2021, 11:04:51 am »
Thought they were basically just moving peterman to the practice squad. Frees up a roster spot.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61786 on: November 3, 2021, 11:29:07 am »
19 yards/catch are pretty serious numbers. It's arguably Waller who's their best player also, but no doubt they're in a worse shape than before his lunacy.
Linudden.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61787 on: November 3, 2021, 03:08:07 pm »
QB Aaron Rodgers tested positive for COVID-19 and is out for Sunday’s game against the #Chiefs.

@RapSheet
#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers is unvaccinated, per me and @MikeGarafolo. That’s why he’s out for Sunday vs. the #Chiefs.

Fucking dumbass. And I thought Kirk Cousins was the one idiot Qb in the NFC North.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61788 on: November 3, 2021, 03:33:40 pm »
Loads of money just probably went on the chiefs

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61789 on: November 3, 2021, 03:48:14 pm »
Just about any analyst had the Raiders picking CeeDee Lamb, but nah, Mark "He was the only person I wanted in this draft" and Gruden knew better and went with Ruggs.

I'm not saying this because of this tragedy, as Killie said he was stretching the field but -typical with most other Raider drafts- really hadn't lived up to his high pick overall. Better this season, but still not exactly a breakout    ...and then this happens.

Raiders also released Nathan Peterman, and with that particular move out go our Superbowl aspirations..... I guess with Gruden now gone, no-one shared his infatuation with Peterman.

CeeDee Lamb was just too obvious a pick. Hopefully that little Gruden habit has gone with his departure too.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61790 on: November 3, 2021, 03:52:41 pm »
Jamming a win against the dreadful Giants after playing like garbage, landing a defensive end, Raiders getting severely weakened by Ruggs' insanity and finally Rodgers getting covid.

That's some week for the Chiefs either way you slice it. Unless Jordan Love ruins it for them.
Linudden.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61791 on: November 3, 2021, 04:30:32 pm »
Aaron Rodgers tests positive for covid, will miss the Chiefs game
#Sausages

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61792 on: November 3, 2021, 04:31:15 pm »
Here's me thinking Rodgers was a smart dude.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61794 on: November 3, 2021, 04:51:53 pm »
They've all got loaded guns in their cars though. They're americans

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61795 on: November 3, 2021, 07:35:48 pm »
I've no clue how Ruggs and his girlfriend survived that crash to be honest  :o That car must've been built like a tank. That's roughly the impact speed of Ayrton Senna's fatal F1 crash in 1994. No wonder the poor woman lost her life with speeds like that.

Absolutely horrific to drive that fast within a city.
Linudden.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #61796 on: November 3, 2021, 09:35:26 pm »
No one is coming out of this looking good, especially Rodgers

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers received homeopathic treatment from his personal doctor to raise his antibody levels and asked the NFL to review his status. The NFL, NFLPA and joint docs ruled him as unvaccinated. Now, he has COVID-19.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61797 on: November 3, 2021, 09:37:28 pm »
rodgers has always had this element of being a right fucking tit about him.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61798 on: November 4, 2021, 08:04:01 am »
Doing homeopathy in a bid to gain antibodies against covid is so stupid it's actually quite funny in a way. I can't help but laughing at that insanity ;D
Linudden.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #61799 on: November 4, 2021, 08:44:13 am »
Going to be funny when his decision to go unvaccinated costs his team a bye in the playoffs.