Author Topic: AFL thread: games, results, discussion  (Read 268808 times)

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Believer
Re: AFL thread: games, results, discussion
« Reply #6400 on: March 23, 2017, 06:35:20 AM »
Is there a RAWK tipping comp? I was in one a few years back, no idea if it's still a thing.

Saints to make the 8 this year.

West Coast or Swannies for the Flag.

Lions for the spoon.
No tipping comp. has been organized.
If others up for starting from Round 2 next week, I will be in it.
The one thing the blues don't get is the backing and pushing of TV and radio like a lot of this garbage you hears. They choke stuff down people's throat so they got no choice but to listen to it.
(John Lee Hooker)

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Believer
« Reply #6401 on: March 23, 2017, 07:00:32 AM »
AFL 2017 Premiership Odds

GWS Giants  $4
Sydney      $6.50
Western Bulldogs  $6.50
West Coast Eagles  $9
Geelong   $11
Hawthorn  $11
Adelaide  $13
Melbourne  $21
St. Kilda  $21
Fremantle  $26
Collingwood  $34
Essendon   $34
Port Adelaide  $41
Gold Coast  $51
Richmond   $51
North Melbourne  $81
Carlton  $201
Brisbane  $401

(Courtesy: Ladbrokes)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:07:52 AM by RedmeisterOZ »
The one thing the blues don't get is the backing and pushing of TV and radio like a lot of this garbage you hears. They choke stuff down people's throat so they got no choice but to listen to it.
(John Lee Hooker)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt
  • Believer
« Reply #6402 on: April 1, 2017, 12:22:57 AM »
Bump. Any interest in AFL this year? I watched the last quarter of Bulldogs-Swans last night, still feels like a totally different sport to the one I watch when Carlton is playing. Still hoping we'll be competitive in 2022. Maybe another flag before I die (I'm 40 this year).

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #6403 on: April 2, 2017, 09:09:37 AM »
If Ross Lyon could get his team to finish with negative points he would.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Believer
« Reply #6404 on: April 2, 2017, 01:42:46 PM »
If Ross Lyon could get his team to finish with negative points he would.
If Freo played any wider they would have had to attack from the car park. ;)
Played like rabbits in the headlights today.
I'm sure pepe_carra_stevie_nando is penning his rant right now. :wave
(John Lee Hooker)

Online OzBomber

• Believer
« Reply #6405 on: April 5, 2017, 12:36:39 PM »
Bump. Any interest in AFL this year? I watched the last quarter of Bulldogs-Swans last night, still feels like a totally different sport to the one I watch when Carlton is playing. Still hoping we'll be competitive in 2022. Maybe another flag before I die (I'm 40 this year).
Interested in the Bombers (I still go every week) and the big games (such as Dogs v Swans last week) but that's about it. Used to live and breathe AFL until the ASADA saga and then living in England kind of killed my interest a lot. I just hate how political it is with all the off field stuff compared to football in England. Atleast in England they actually talk about the on field tactics and the like on MNF and post match, whereas all it seems in AFL is who can they sack next or whose going to switch clubs.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hey, what's going on?
« Reply #6406 on: April 5, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »
Interested in the Bombers (I still go every week) and the big games (such as Dogs v Swans last week) but that's about it. Used to live and breathe AFL until the ASADA saga and then living in England kind of killed my interest a lot. I just hate how political it is with all the off field stuff compared to football in England. Atleast in England they actually talk about the on field tactics and the like on MNF and post match, whereas all it seems in AFL is who can they sack next or whose going to switch clubs.

I know what you mean, I've taken a massive step back in terms of how much AFL content I consume this season. I used to watch most of the chat shows and watch/listen to at least 3 games every round but all the shit going on off field the last few years seems to have drained me of my enthusiasm for it all. AFL's more of a brand to market, protect and grow financially than a game nowadays.
Even the way the game evolves is artificial, rules designed to make the product look as aesthetically pleasing as possible, instead of entrusting the evolution of the game to the players and coaches.

I'll keep an eye on the Swans and read what's going on in the paper, but that's about it.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline GreatEx

• Believer
« Reply #6407 on: April 6, 2017, 12:56:15 AM »
Yes, apparently we are basketball fans now and need a constant barrage of goals to keep us interested. Not sure exactly what the 10-metre rule and other new laws exactly mean, but there have been some big numbers in the papers so hip-hip-hooray I guess.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #6408 on: April 6, 2017, 08:34:16 AM »
I dunno. The sons of the west getting up last year kinda rekindled my interest for this season. I mean, my Roos are kinda vanilla but I'm interest.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2017, 08:36:03 AM by nicholasanthony »

Offline GreatEx

• Believer
« Reply #6409 on: April 29, 2017, 08:12:45 AM »
Oh my, nice meeting you on the way down, Swannies! My 9-year-old niece is a big Swans fan who used to call me every week after Carlton lost (i.e. every week) and gloat, until her father made her stop. Maybe I should... yes, I know I'm almost 40, but man... I really want to...

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Believer
(John Lee Hooker)

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6411 on: May 8, 2017, 05:04:08 PM »
Well I knew our decent start couldn't last, but that fucking last one-and-a-half quarters was absolutely dire for the Bombers. :(
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of 22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline SwissV

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6412 on: May 11, 2017, 08:28:00 AM »
I dunno. The sons of the west getting up last year kinda rekindled my interest for this season. I mean, my Roos are kinda vanilla but I'm interest.

Can we have Chris Scott back coaching us again this week? Noble of him to go save Brad's career but Id like him back for the remainder of the season.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me