Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3509396 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #42440 on: May 12, 2016, 10:54:33 am »
Potentially controversial statement, I like Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. It's a pretty great Sunday evening film.

Alan Rickman was awesome in it - Costner had to cut most of his scenes and he still stole the show :lmao
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #42441 on: May 12, 2016, 12:46:03 pm »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42442 on: May 12, 2016, 04:17:06 pm »
4 clips from the new Warcraft movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP2Orqg3Zf4

I really wish they'd gone full CGI, I don't really like the mix
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #42443 on: May 12, 2016, 04:28:04 pm »
4 clips from the new Warcraft movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP2Orqg3Zf4

I really wish they'd gone full CGI, I don't really like the mix

I dunno I think it looks pretty good. I'll definitely be going to see it.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42444 on: May 12, 2016, 04:40:49 pm »
I dunno I think it looks pretty good. I'll definitely be going to see it.

I think the 4th clip with the orcs looks really cool, that's how I imagine warcraft to be. I just get star wars prequels vibes from some of the other bits

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42445 on: May 12, 2016, 04:43:38 pm »
I think the 4th clip with the orcs looks really cool, that's how I imagine warcraft to be. I just get star wars prequels vibes from some of the other bits

Yeah there's definitely parts that could have done with it, but will reserve judgement until I have seen the film, it could work or it could fall flat.

I hope it works though, i'd like to see them do a few more and include maybe the Lich King.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42446 on: May 12, 2016, 04:58:09 pm »
Anyone seen Patchwork? Still waiting on it.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42447 on: May 12, 2016, 04:59:33 pm »

Fuck off...I've been waiting over a year to see this...you...coupla fuckin weeks. ;D

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42448 on: May 12, 2016, 05:01:48 pm »
Is this what the game is like...this looks fuckin boss...stupid release date though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gfJVoF5ko1Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gfJVoF5ko1Y</a>

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42449 on: May 12, 2016, 05:01:56 pm »
Fuck off...I've been waiting over a year to see this...you...coupla fuckin weeks. ;D
Behave yourself! The wait is literally crippling me and I blame you! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42450 on: May 12, 2016, 05:05:54 pm »
Is this what the game is like...this looks fuckin boss...stupid release date though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gfJVoF5ko1Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gfJVoF5ko1Y</a>

Seems pretty Christmassy to me.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42451 on: May 12, 2016, 05:08:49 pm »
Behave yourself! The wait is literally crippling me and I blame you! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I won't mention any more films..you big baby... ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42452 on: May 12, 2016, 05:10:17 pm »

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42453 on: May 12, 2016, 05:30:32 pm »
Yeah there's definitely parts that could have done with it, but will reserve judgement until I have seen the film, it could work or it could fall flat.

I hope it works though, i'd like to see them do a few more and include maybe the Lich King.

Agreed, Arthas film would be incredible. Surprised they didn't start with that, people love zombies

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42454 on: May 12, 2016, 06:09:51 pm »
Agreed, Arthas film would be incredible. Surprised they didn't start with that, people love zombies

Yeah no idea it would have made sense to start from there and go forward. This one could have been the prequel. Still hope they make it though.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42455 on: May 12, 2016, 10:31:23 pm »
Turned Captain America off after 40 minutes; I'm sure it floats most boats, but too many chefs, broth, soup... whatever...

Continually on 11,420.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42456 on: May 13, 2016, 05:52:34 pm »
Someone might wanna....

The Huntsman Winters War 2016 HC 1080p HDRip X264 AC3-MAX   

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42457 on: May 13, 2016, 06:06:38 pm »
Someone might wanna....

The Huntsman Winters War 2016 HC 1080p HDRip X264 AC3-MAX   

Brownie points with the girlfriend sorted.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:55:46 pm by Chakan »

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42458 on: May 14, 2016, 01:24:45 am »
The Equalizer (2014)

D. Washington was boss again

Drug War

6/10  was a decent film

wasn't sure if this movie  had been mentioned so i did a bit of digging, but i thought Drug War was brilliant.
two main actors deliver brilliant performances. it was like a reserved understated John Woo at his finest. which essentially is Jonnie To i guess, no need to underplay him as anything other than his own man.

oh, and the EQ-lizer was stop nr 24 in whatever drain Denzels career is in imo, been there and done that. safe house was decent, man on fire was...or well, 2 guns i thought was... which ones which again? whatever. i'd rather not watch him in another one of these truth be told..
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:30:51 am by Pelé as a Comedian »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42459 on: May 14, 2016, 06:48:06 am »
The Johnnie To film?

Was better than decent.....To's first Chinese mainland film and was a brave move considering the restrictions that the government put on films made there.

A clever thriller/action movie with great action sequences and a tight story that takes place over a couple of days topped with a great performance by Louis Koo....more than decent.

Give New World a look....another more than decent film. ;)
wasn't sure if this movie  had been mentioned so i did a bit of digging, but i thought Drug War was brilliant.
two main actors deliver brilliant performances. it was like a reserved understated John Woo at his finest. which essentially is Jonnie To i guess, no need to underplay him as anything other than his own man.

oh, and the EQ-lizer was stop nr 24 in whatever drain Denzels career is in imo, been there and done that. safe house was decent, man on fire was...or well, 2 guns i thought was... which ones which again? whatever. i'd rather not watch him in another one of these truth be told..
I loved Drug War. I thought it was To's best film in a long time.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42460 on: May 14, 2016, 10:16:56 am »

Not having that Man on Fire was amazing .... The others I agree were a bit meh

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #42461 on: May 14, 2016, 11:01:57 am »
The Equalizer was also very agreeable...approached it expecting miniscule returns and was pleasantly surprised....sequel out next year too....which will probably be as uninispring as I though the first one was going to be..but still
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #42462 on: May 14, 2016, 12:56:12 pm »
Do wish Denzel would do something proper again though. Yeah yeah, a lot of throwaway macho bang-bang-quip stuff can be enjoyable, but he's one of those where his best just captures your full attention.

I think the first thing I ever saw him in was Glory, and he was so fucking boss in that. Needs to challenge himself more, he may be a decent box-office draw but he isn't the towering presence he could be.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42463 on: May 14, 2016, 02:13:00 pm »
Do wish Denzel would do something proper again though. Yeah yeah, a lot of throwaway macho bang-bang-quip stuff can be enjoyable, but he's one of those where his best just captures your full attention.

I think the first thing I ever saw him in was Glory, and he was so fucking boss in that. Needs to challenge himself more, he may be a decent box-office draw but he isn't the towering presence he could be.
He has to be near the age where it's acceptable for him to not push himself the way that he used to. Even Nicholson got to that point but at least he hasn't gone full De Niro

Got around to watching the Hitchcock/Truffaut doc...really good. Hitchcock is a fascinatingly weird dude but we all knew that.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #42464 on: May 14, 2016, 02:15:32 pm »
Think I might go see the Green Room tonight. Looks decent.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #42465 on: May 14, 2016, 02:19:03 pm »
Anyone watched the Rise of the Footsoldier 2?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #42466 on: May 14, 2016, 02:20:48 pm »
I watched Cartel land at the weekend...

Brilliant, tense and gripping documentary.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #42467 on: May 14, 2016, 02:28:56 pm »
Off to watch Angry Birds later. Wish me luck.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42468 on: May 14, 2016, 04:29:26 pm »

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #42469 on: May 14, 2016, 11:59:01 pm »
Deadpool - what a hoot!  8)...action packed / funny as fuck ....cracking Saturday night movie
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #42470 on: May 15, 2016, 12:13:51 am »
Yeah Deadpool really is fucking awesome.

8)
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42471 on: May 15, 2016, 02:45:33 am »
Think I might go see the Green Room tonight. Looks decent.
Meant to be grim viewing. Blue Ruin is also meant to be very good.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #42472 on: May 15, 2016, 07:27:26 am »
Just back from Keanu , what do you expect from a gangsta shoot em up comedy with lots of George Michael , Method man and a cute kitten as the star? Was the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42473 on: May 15, 2016, 03:42:25 pm »
Meant to be grim viewing. Blue Ruin is also meant to be very good.

Blue Ruin is quite good, Murder Party, by the same director, is also quite good.

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #42474 on: May 16, 2016, 09:50:02 am »
I watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot at the weekend and I really enjoyed it.

I thought it would be another Tina Fey comedy fest but was pleasantly impressed with it. It's well worth a watch.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42475 on: May 17, 2016, 04:11:55 pm »
Ah FFS, they are rebooting Rocky Horror Picture Show. Is nothing sacred you bastards!

Least it's straight to tv.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42476 on: May 17, 2016, 11:06:32 pm »
Ah FFS, they are rebooting Rocky Horror Picture Show. Is nothing sacred you bastards!

Least it's straight to tv.

It is a theatre-like musical to be fair, it isn't really a film - in this context, RHPS has been done to death.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42477 on: May 18, 2016, 11:20:14 am »
Green Room = complete and utter shite.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42478 on: May 18, 2016, 01:21:10 pm »
It is a theatre-like musical to be fair, it isn't really a film - in this context, RHPS has been done to death.

Ah ok then fair enough. Theatre type musical reboots are fine.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #42479 on: May 18, 2016, 05:59:38 pm »
Saw 2 films last night....

Criminal with Kevin Costner... it's had mixed reviews but i found it to be a good action movie, better than expected..  8)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3014866/

Pele. Birth of a legend ... Good movie... worth a view.  8)
Pele's meteoric rise from the slums of Sao Paulo to leading to Brazil to its first World Cup victory at the age of 17 is chronicled in this biographical drama.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995868/
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."